Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I think the idea that people expect you to give them poo poo because there is a holiday that involves gift giving in your own country is hilarious.

Also what is DaDa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
merry Christmas give me money

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Gong Xi Fa Cai Hong Bao Na Lai

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Haier posted:

more uncle haier goodness

I used to have people do this to me in korea (sorry frozenpeas or whatever your name is these days for not marrying a korean and instead just loving them, because I'm a smart) and run into me specifically so they could yell at me and then see I'm 1) not korean and 2) kind of jacked and 3) heavily tattooed and then profusely apologize and be on their way. Some of them would specifically start poo poo with me because of (1), but see (2) and (3) and decide that they didn't care so much

edit: I should mention that I am pretty short

per frozenpeas regulations, I apologize for stomping into this thread and mentioning ten years in korea in an attempt to impress you, as is the way of my people

Invisible Handjob posted:

Gong Xi Fa Cai Hong Bao Na Lai

I know, right? I was just about to say the same thing!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nickmeister posted:

I think the idea that people expect you to give them poo poo because there is a holiday that involves gift giving in your own country is hilarious.

Also what is DaDa?

Same, also Haier should've asked them for gifts too just to gently caress with them

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Haier posted:

Something I got into as a kid. I'm one of the ones that thinks it tastes amazing. I don't do it often, but sometimes I really want a swig of that creamy goodness. Full cream is gross, but somehow half and half hits the spot.

Yes, I mean dairy.

Now this is just unreasonable.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
yeah haeir pls

you are a spectacular and wonderful degenerate and it is truly something to be celebrated but this is inhuman. don't drink half n half wtf man

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What the gently caress Haier. Half n half? You're the kind of person who would go to a diner and order a glass of milk.

I don't know man, after pussy peanut brittle finger...I just... Don't enjoy you with the same levity.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
If Haier can drink a gallon of Heavy Cream without vomiting or having mad gastrointestinal distress, I think it is just proof he is an ubermensch.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
When I was younger I used to drink half and half and stir it with a stick of butter. I was a fat little kid, could you tell?

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
I never drink milk, but on rare occasion will have 1/3 or 1/2 cup of half and half because it tastes good. Drinking a whole container is impressive in a slightly gross sort of way.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Is "half and half" like 50% fat or something? Because normal milk is the best thing ever (protip: sanyuan fresh milk is hella good at least in Beijing).

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Darkest Auer posted:

Is "half and half" like 50% fat or something? Because normal milk is the best thing ever (protip: sanyuan fresh milk is hella good at least in Beijing).

Half milk half heavy cream. So I dunno maybe 15%.

Edit: google says half milk half light cream so more like 12%.

So half 20% fat light cream mixed with half 3-4% whole milk, gives you a 12%ish drink.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 25, 2016

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I put light cream in coffee and tea for the fatty mouthfeel but even as a fat kid the idea of just drinking it seems wrong somehow. But we made eggnog last week, which is raw eggs, heavy cream, and brandy, and I drink the hell out of that, so who knows whats right and wrong.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
True. I also dare you to try a White Russian made with heavy cream. It's heavenly. And 700 calories.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Bum the Sad posted:

True. I also dare you to try a White Russian made with heavy cream. It's heavenly. And 700 calories.

Ha, I make those a lot in the winter but usually use light cream because I have it on hand for the aforementioned coffee and tea.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like heavy cream but I usually make it into panna cotta before consuming it

I also use it in coffee because you use a lot less and it leaves the coffee and the cream flavors more intense

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"
well as long as your aren't using code red.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

fognl posted:

I'm more disturbed by the part where you were straight up drinking half and half.

You do weird things when you live abroad and can't get something and then suddenly see it. A couple years into living in Korea I was in Japan on vacation and saw a lime in a store. Buying a lime in Korea was, at the time, impossible. I bought three immediately and was just eating them straight while people stared at me but in my brain was just YOU PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

You do weird things when you live abroad and can't get something and then suddenly see it. A couple years into living in Korea I was in Japan on vacation and saw a lime in a store. Buying a lime in Korea was, at the time, impossible. I bought three immediately and was just eating them straight while people stared at me but in my brain was just YOU PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Same but lemon in Thailand

Also avocado

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Join the Corps

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

Same but lemon in Thailand

Also avocado

avocados got relatively cheap in China recently. Finally, this place is livable.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

nickmeister posted:

Also what is DaDa?
https://www.imdada.cn/

It's a delivery service, but somehow the e-bikers are on another level of bad and reckless driving. I don't know if they have a short time limit and can lose their commission, but they are always in a huge rush and give no fucks about being as obnoxious as possible. There are tons of them in my area and I've seen them shoot through crowds of people and hit some with their baskets and not even stop. I've been cut-off or nearly hit by them too many times that whenever I see a guy in blue coming my way I know it's not going to be a good encounter.

ladron posted:

edit: I should mention that I am pretty short
I thought all foreigners are tall! Why are you not tall? Why are your eyes not blue? I don't understand. Foreigners should be tall and blond hair! Are you mixed? You are really from X country? I don't know why you not based on my stereotype!!!!

crazy cloud posted:

don't drink half n half wtf man
It tastes like melted ice cream. Y'all are cray cray for dismissin' it.

After being in Thailand, I am also partial to Pepsi and milk.

Magna Kaser posted:

avocados got relatively cheap in China recently. Finally, this place is livable.
That's what surprised me when I returned this year. Avocados imported from Mexico cost nearly the same, and sometimes cheaper, than what they cost in the US.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Pepsi in milk. What the gently caress Haier. Who wants carbonated dairy? bleeecch

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Haier posted:

https://www.imdada.cn/
It's a delivery service, but somehow the e-bikers are on another level of bad and reckless driving. I don't know if they have a short time limit and can lose their commission, but they are always in a huge rush and give no fucks about being as obnoxious as possible. There are tons of them in my area and I've seen them shoot through crowds of people and hit some with their baskets and not even stop. I've been cut-off or nearly hit by them too many times that whenever I see a guy in blue coming my way I know it's not going to be a good encounter.

If it works like the other services they get work based on their reviews. Better reviews get more work.

quote:

You monster.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Haier posted:

Huh, they do that in Thailand too? In Indonesia there's a similar drink where they put a couple spoons of condensed milk in Coke.

A little rich for my blood, though. I prefer air bandung, which is milk with bit of rose syrup mixed in.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Haier posted:

I thought all foreigners are tall! Why are you not tall? Why are your eyes not blue? I don't understand. Foreigners should be tall and blond hair! Are you mixed? You are really from X country? I don't know why you not based on my stereotype!!!!

I am blonde / blue and so white I am almost clear, so if I am mixed it's with an aryan elf.

I think stereotypes are easier to believe in cultures where everyone looks alike

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
In two years in Thailand I have never seen milk in Pepsi. They use condensed milk as dipping sauce for pastries though.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Atlas Hugged posted:

In two years in Thailand I have never seen milk in Pepsi. They use condensed milk as dipping sauce for pastries though.

Pepsi and Milk was a running gag in Laverne & Shirley, but I've literally never heard of anyone ever drinking it in real life.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

RIP George Michael. I'll never forget your contribution to US/Chinar relations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFwOs-jy53A

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Glenn Quebec posted:

Pepsi in milk. What the gently caress Haier. Who wants carbonated dairy? bleeecch

You've never had a spider?

Scoops of vanilla ice cream in raspberry lemonade or creaming soda.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
carbonated milk soda is a thing in korea. it's called "Milkis" and is loving foul.

edit: enlighten yourselves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkis

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I never saw milk in pepsi in the time I lived in Thailand but I wouldn't be shocked about seeing it there.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
>> I don't like Yakult it tastes bad <<

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Even after peanut brittle for some reason just grabbing a carton of half and half and drinking it down is the grossest thing I've read in this thread.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Do you guys not like ice cream floats?

That's carbonated dairy

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
But half and half sounds weird.

I'm going to try it.

I was in Shenzhen yesterday. Haier did you take one metro stop from nanshan to houhai?

I saw this tall dude almost as high as the subway car wearing sweat shirt and sweat pants from this same company hunched down and playing with his phone. He looks goony

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

caberham posted:

But half and half sounds weird.

I'm going to try it.

I was in Shenzhen yesterday. Haier did you take one metro stop from nanshan to houhai?

I saw this tall dude almost as high as the subway car wearing sweat shirt and sweat pants from this same company hunched down and playing with his phone. He looks goony

was he jewy and reeking of vaginal discharge and half and half?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

ladron posted:

was he jewy and reeking of vaginal discharge and half and half?

Do the chinese have their own jewish stereotype, because that being the one thing to penetrate their 5000 year old culture would be hilarious and unsurprising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

GeneX posted:

Do the chinese have their own jewish stereotype, because that being the one thing to penetrate their 5000 year old culture would be hilarious and unsurprising

they admire them as good businessmen afaik

• Locked thread