Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can you NOT be a Grinch on this blessed day

My brother and I finished Kirby's epic yarn last night and we expect to roll through new Super Mario Wii U today and probably Luigi wii u as well... I do really appreciate Nintendo letting me pick up the other player in most platform games so I can throw them off ledges...griefing games galore! Merry Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

3D Land maybe, but 3D World is incredible

Also get every single Platinum game for Wii U

Wait there's one called 3D Land and one called 3D World? gently caress

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ColdPie posted:

Wait there's one called 3D Land and one called 3D World? gently caress

Land has been a designator for handheld Mario titles since the Gameboy.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The best version of Zombi is on WiiU. An acquired taste for sure but I really think it's one of the best zoble games ever.

I do wonder what Ubisoft's big game for The Switch will be. On Wii they had Red Steel and while it was pretty poo poo it was still a good idea. Then they had ZombiU for the WiiU. Is the big thing for the next launch gonna be the Mario/Rabbids RPG?

Lodin fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 25, 2016

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

ColdPie posted:

No I stopped watching anime in college.

I stopped watching anime. But I'll never stop playing anime.

bef posted:

But first you need to apologize to Miyamoto immediately.

Please understand. I am not gaming companies ambrosia.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i want a new tv for my nintendo for xmas

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big tvs for Nintendos colorful games is Hella win

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[playing tropical freeze on the gamepad] this game is beautiful... i want to live here...

[playing tropical freeze on actual hd tv] :discourse:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

take tropical freeze anywhere with the switch.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

a.lo posted:

take tropical freeze anywhere with the switch.

gently caress yeah, rocket barrel levels on the airplane :dance:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Land has been a designator for handheld Mario titles since the Gameboy.

I can't wait for Super Mario World Land for the Switch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fulchrum posted:

I give it 3 pages before you people try defending Sonic Boom, Devils Third and Star Fox Zero as being great solely because they're WiiU exclusives.

Ebenezeer Deak. What a post to go out on.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Macaluso posted:

gently caress yeah, rocket barrel levels on the airplane :dance:

This is why Mario run is so great. Since he just runs full speed and you just control him vertically, it's basically rocket barrel levels.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lodin posted:

Is the big thing for the next launch gonna be the Mario/Rabbids RPG?
yes with the promise of a BG+E reboot within the first year supposedly

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VideoGames posted:

Ebenezeer Deak. What a post to go out on.

What is the Deak meme

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Every day is Christmas when someone says SM3dW is a bad game because it's a reminder that someone else is less intelligent than you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

What is the Deak meme

misspelled dank. what a post to go out on

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

are we seriously calling captain toad and wonderful 101 good games? whats next? Lego undercover?

Wow. This is nuts.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Wish I was playing a Platinum wiiu game right now tbh

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Real hurthling! posted:

misspelled dank. what a post to go out on

Please don't own me on Christmas

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

the switch will be good and i will be preordering as soon as i can merry christmas to all cute and good gamers

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

VideoGames posted:

Wow. This is nuts.

It's sickening.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Empress Brosephine posted:

are we seriously calling captain toad and wonderful 101 good games? whats next? Lego undercover?

You're a real fuckin' piece of work

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Wii U has lots of mediocre games that posters ITT will choose as a hill to die on because they're on a Nintendo console

It also has excellent games such as Mario's and Bayonetta

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

Wii U has lots of mediocre games that posters ITT will choose as a hill to die on because they're on a Nintendo console

Captain Toad is better than Bayonetta

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Macaluso posted:

See?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Eeeeeeeeeeh

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bayonetta is still good tho

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
More like Devil's Turd

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

What is the Deak meme

I had to look it up myself a few days ago, so I guess I'll try to summarise it out of sympathy (???). I only skimmed it, so I may have gotten some parts wrong.

Fulchrum made a bunch of dumb posts in the BYOB Xbox thread. Someone looked up his username on OkCupid, and the picture was an extreme closeup of a fat nerd face with a fedora on top. People in the thread kept owning Fulchrum's goony rear end and he took the bait every single time because no, that's not me! Eventually someone asked him to post a picture of his real self holding the Sydney Morning Herald (because he claimed to be Australian or something, unlike the OkCupid guy). To conclude his enormous baby tantrum, Fulchrum after some time ended up actually posting the goddamn picture.

Featured:
1) A man who may or may not (to be completely fair, because it's kind of hard to tell) be the OkCupid guy with the same name
2) An XKCD-esque t-shirt that would match a fedora perfectly
3) Facial features noted by some to be indicative of FAS (this feels lovely to point out, but it's part of the story)
4) "Well, seems you guys have hit deak retard."

EDIT: Wrong newspaper
EDIT 2: I guess the name 'Deak' was made up by Black Baby Goku or something? I don't quite understand this part

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 25, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm really looking forward to the Lego City remake on Switch, PS4, One. That game we very close to being great if not for a few bad design decisions, technical limitations resulting in horrid load times, and needing more music and a few quality of life improvements. I doubt they'll fix all those issues for the rerelease, but I do think they'll fix a bunch of them.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

I had to look it up myself a few days ago, so I guess I'll try to summarise it out of sympathy (???). I only skimmed it, so I may have gotten some parts wrong.

Fulchrum made a bunch of dumb posts in the BYOB Xbox thread. Someone looked up his username on OkCupid, and the picture was an extreme closeup of a fat nerd face with a fedora on top. People in the thread kept owning Fulchrum's goony rear end and he took the bait every single time because no, that's not me! Eventually someone asked him to post a picture of his real self holding the Sydney Morning Herald (because he claimed to be Australian or something, unlike the OkCupid guy). To conclude his enormous baby tantrum, Fulchrum after some time ended up actually posting the goddamn picture.

Featured:
1) A man who may or may not (to be completely fair, because it's kind of hard to tell) be the OkCupid guy with the same name
2) An XKCD-esque t-shirt that would match a fedora perfectly
3) Facial features noted by some to be indicative of FAS (this feels lovely to point out, but it's part of the story)
4) "Well, seems you guys have hit deak retard."

EDIT: Wrong newspaper

it's not the same guy come on

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Soul Glo posted:

Or maybe they just like them, have you ever liked anything?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'd hate to be so soulless that I couldn't enjoy Captain Toad.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Kawabata posted:

it's not the same guy come on

Yeah, probably not. The picture he posted really stands on its own, though

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

W101 has issues but I wasn't aware it was divisive.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Or maybe they just like them, have you ever liked anything?

Yeah i said mario and bayonetta

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Phantasium posted:

I'd hate to be so soulless that I couldn't enjoy Captain Toad.

youre right you have no soul

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Motto posted:

W101 has issues but I wasn't aware it was divisive.

I couldn't get into the gameplay at all but I could see why people would like it. Bayonetta was much more my jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
People don't like Captain Toad? That game was super charming, simple fun. Nothing amazing or revolutionary, but a joy from start to finish. I can't imagine not liking that game. :psyduck:

Lego City Undercover is more debatable and I can understand people not being super into it because it was just okay, but Captain Toad was well worth playing.

• Locked thread