Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

HBar posted:

Zoozo's going to win. He has the best slogan, a winning smile, fashion sense, a cute dog logo, and he doesn't get tripped up in the details.

He definitely has my vote.

The animal logos are all pretty drat cute, though. Especially the owl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like the Riddler podium for the moderator. We should adopt that irl.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Uncle Juju has the third question. Gotta be.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Trixie murders a guy on live tv, wins the election

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Trixie murders a guy on live tv, wins the election
It gets her half the conservative vote for being just like the good old days, giving her a plurality now that everyone has split constituencies.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

theironjef posted:

Uncle Juju has the third question. Gotta be.

Well, fourth.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You got me Thorsby. I was thinking "oh great, they're going to leave a note saying 'You're going to murdered' and then flee the area, not suspicious at all" until the last panel.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Possible Suspects:
Jenny: Likely furious at her uncle's intolerance and manipulation, and the inheritance and housing could be factors too.
Julius: Could he have killed himself out of spite?
Everdark (via VP Wormrider or skrillex-haired spy woman): Make a huge scandal to take down her strongest opponent and turn Trixie's biggest weakness into an ongoing and much more dramatic news story.
Trixie: We can't assume she's innocent just because she's the main character. She already lost her temper once to Julius, why not twice?
Lyndon: Maybe the executioner was right all along. Could Lyndon be a fake pacifist and a great actor, feigning panic and surprise at the murder he just comitted?
Zoozo: He has a strong sense of justice, he doesn't hesitate to murder wrongdoers, and he's easily suggestible.

e:
Klara: Loves Trixie, maybe enough to kill for her. Is she so autistic that she can't tell the difference between exasperation and a genuine desire for Julius' death?
Audrey: Might be psycho enough to murder Julius just for fun. Especially if she has a scheme to get at his money.
The Skyggemyrians: Their flag is literally a bunch of stabbing daggers. They almost certainly have a larger plan of which the scepter is just one part. Whatever it is, they're amoral enough to kill to make it happen.

HBar fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 6, 2017

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Well, the engagement's probably off, now. Though, to be fair, advocating murder of your fiancee's family members on national TV is often enough to do that.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I don't think Lyndon's a likely suspect, since he was specifically named as an accessory to the murder. Plus he would probably be less surprised to find the body there. I'd bet on Barbara Everdark being behind it, probably after yelling at the vice president.

All we can know for certain is that the snake whose venom just knocks you out is going to play a major role in this murder mystery slash comedy of errors. Possibly the technically illegal wine, too.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

134's strip had one of the best punchlines in any of Thorsbys comics, lol

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I don't think Lyndon's a likely suspect, since he was specifically named as an accessory to the murder. Plus he would probably be less surprised to find the body there. I'd bet on Barbara Everdark being behind it, probably after yelling at the vice president.

All we can know for certain is that the snake whose venom just knocks you out is going to play a major role in this murder mystery slash comedy of errors. Possibly the technically illegal wine, too.

I'm betting on Trixie's fiancée being the killer. Maybe her uncle is just so loving rich she couldn't help herself and is now using Trixie as the perfect alibi. Being rich after her uncle keels over fought against being together with Trixie, and love lost. The ancient story.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Libluini posted:

I'm betting on Trixie's fiancée being the killer. Maybe her uncle is just so loving rich she couldn't help herself and is now using Trixie as the perfect alibi. Being rich after her uncle keels over fought against being together with Trixie, and love lost. The ancient story.

I think you're probably right. It also conveniently gets her out of the way so that the implied future romance with Klara can begin.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Lyndon and Trixie really are the murderers. They were just rendered unconscious with some special snake venom and then they became somnambulant killers, having been previously conditioned while in an induced sleepwalking state to do the deed by whoever wanted Juju dead.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Uh-oh. Maybe Lyndon will get the idea that ratting on Trixie will allow him to dodge being convicted of being her accomplice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If he gets her mad enough, he'll die at her hands instead of on the noose.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

getting that farcical feeling again

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

A very serious crime has been committed...you stole my heart yesterday at the Inquisition.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Illegal wine smuggling

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Alternatively: the police already caught the real murderer and know the whole story, but they're going to use that snake with the knock-out venom on her before she can even explain.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

First Oyvind Wilde, now Edgar Allan Thorsby.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Here we go!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Goddamn, I never suspected Filthmaster. Dude is brutal.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
What surprises me more than anything is that Hank Genocide thinks this is bad news.

Hank.

Genocide.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well if she gets arrested, the vote is less divided.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Whybird posted:

What surprises me more than anything is that Hank Genocide thinks this is bad news.

Hank.

Genocide.

Hank Genocide is secretly working for the incumbent though, and is trying to make his client, Mr. Filthmaster, lose. Mr. Filthmaster just made a solid move towards victory.

As far as anyone can tell, the darkbadgrimdark names are part of an as-yet unrevealed setting detail. My money is on a Dark Overlord who conquered the world and then fast forward a thousand years or so.

Besides, one death is a tragedy, one million is a statistic. Genocide isn't done one at a time.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pvt.Scott posted:

As far as anyone can tell, the darkbadgrimdark names are part of an as-yet unrevealed setting detail. My money is on a Dark Overlord who conquered the world and then fast forward a thousand years or so.
I don't know, I'm kind of hoping for "that's just how names work in this world" with no explanation ever given.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well if she gets arrested, the vote is less divided.

True, but at that point Hank Genocide can simply stop supporting Filthmaster and Barbara Everdark can coast to victory. Rudolf Filthmaster is more on the ball than the old lady or the spider, but he's not a politician.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Whybird posted:

True, but at that point Hank Genocide can simply stop supporting Filthmaster and Barbara Everdark can coast to victory. Rudolf Filthmaster is more on the ball than the old lady or the spider, but he's not a politician.

Exactly! He's a man of the people! He's just what we need to clean up Diabolica! etc

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
So wait, if he's willing to murder people to eliminate his political opponents, why didn't he start with, you know, his political opponents?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Eeevil posted:

So wait, if he's willing to murder people to eliminate his political opponents, why didn't he start with, you know, his political opponents?

Because if the vote isn't split between him and Trixie then he'll win. Also, Barbara Everdark is ridiculously protected from murder.
Best he'd manage to get would be killing her Vice President.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Eeevil posted:

He's not that dumb. If Trixie is killed, then the suspects are Trixie's opponents -- that include him. But if someone that Trixie publicly threatened is killed, then he's not a suspect, but Trixie is.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It's completely impossible to take any panel with the coat of arms visible in its background seriously.

That loving :downs: face on the knight holding the head aloft :allears:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ha ha ha. This is going to end up with the new Vice Presidential candidate being hung for the murder isn't it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

I knew it had to be significant that Trixie didn't see herself getting executed when she used the scepter.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It seems I may have been misjudging this town?
I thought it was the sort of place where you could just carry a corpse through the streets.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I have a feeling these guys will try to weekend at Bernie's Juju's corpse out of there.

So now we have Trixie and Lyndon being worried about the corpse, Trixie and Klara think it's all about that illegal wine and Hank and co try to smuggle out the corpse. Now all we need is Trixie's fiancee to come in at the worst possible time and it's peak thorsby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I was hoping the misunderstanding between Trixie and Audrey would continue longer, as there would be a lot of potential for Thorsby shenanigans, but I'm sure there'll be many zany situations anyway.