Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
W101, the people who really like it, say you have to remember to play it like a fighting game. And I don't particularly enjoy fighting games. But for people who love fighting games and brawlers it's basically perfect.

I love all the tokusatsu cheesy stuff myself, but it wasn't by kind of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

W101 has issues but I wasn't aware it was divisive.

Some people hated the controls and even more than most of P* games it doesn't explain at all how it's meant to be played causing more frustrations.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Tatsuta Age posted:

Wish I was playing a Platinum wiiu game right now tbh

You should get Bayonetta 2, the perfect Christmas game

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It actually even takes place during Christmas

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

a.lo posted:

youre right you have no soul

n..nooo!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I got the Bayonetta double pack for £15 for my WiiU and good grief, the first game alone is worth that. I own about 12 games for my WiiU, and each one of them is amazing. Such a good system!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's true

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
i like uncharted 4 even though i dont personally own a playstation

can i still post in the thread

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

post where u want

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kawabata posted:

i like uncharted 4 even though i dont personally own a playstation

can i still post in the thread

Absolutely.
No one is barred from posting. I am also glad you now own a WiiU and can see why so many people love it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Captain Toad is basically the Uncharted 4 of the WiiU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
are the steamworlds (dig and heist) worth it?

they're -80% on the eshop right now

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

I'm really looking forward to the Lego City remake on Switch, PS4, One. That game we very close to being great if not for a few bad design decisions, technical limitations resulting in horrid load times, and needing more music and a few quality of life improvements. I doubt they'll fix all those issues for the rerelease, but I do think they'll fix a bunch of them.

There's so much wrong there that there's virtually no justification for a port, you could spend almost the same amount of time on a tie in game for the lego batman movie and get way better sales.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

greatn posted:

W101, the people who really like it, say you have to remember to play it like a fighting game. And I don't particularly enjoy fighting games. But for people who love fighting games and brawlers it's basically perfect.

I love all the tokusatsu cheesy stuff myself, but it wasn't by kind of game.

I don't think I like fighting games but once the controls clicked for me (which took most of the first chapter to be fair) it was so goooooood it's my favorite game on the system

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

Motto posted:

W101 has issues but I wasn't aware it was divisive.

I remember the snotty way the polygon video reviewer guy pronounced "geathjerk" like he was reviewing a loving barney game inbetween his deep and serious paintings made with dog poo poo and horse cum

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no one said play it like a fighting game, they said treat using the wonder liner like fighting game stick inputs instead of using the touch screen

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

I remember the snotty way the polygon video reviewer guy pronounced "geathjerk" like he was reviewing a loving barney game inbetween his deep and serious paintings made with dog poo poo and horse cum

The big problem is taking Polygon seriously. They're a very bad site.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DC Murderverse posted:

I can't wait for Super Mario World Land for the Switch.

I'm trying my best not to die so I can experience this. Day 1 insta-buy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

VideoGames posted:

The big problem is taking Polygon seriously. They're a very bad site.

It's a platform to watch the McElroy brothers do video game themed content. Anything else is poo poo you have to ignore.

TW101 might be my favorite game ever. It's one of the few games where I defend the whole "video game as art" poo poo because it's the only medium that could convey Red punching Blue so good.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

unimportantguy posted:

People don't like Captain Toad? That game was super charming, simple fun. Nothing amazing or revolutionary, but a joy from start to finish. I can't imagine not liking that game. :psyduck:

Lego City Undercover is more debatable and I can understand people not being super into it because it was just okay, but Captain Toad was well worth playing.

I didn't buy it Cuz the gameplay seemed pretty simple and I don't have the feels to buy a fleshed out game of 3 minilevels in 3dworld

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

get this: all sites are bad

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

bef posted:

I didn't buy it Cuz the gameplay seemed pretty simple and I don't have the feels to buy a fleshed out game of 3 minilevels in 3dworld

its a very good game to play with people who don't normally play video games. i played a bunch of it with my mom and she was able to enjoy it a lot

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Gaming with your parents FTW

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I still like Griffin's amiibo corner

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fulchrum posted:

There's so much wrong there that there's virtually no justification for a port, you could spend almost the same amount of time on a tie in game for the lego batman movie and get way better sales.

Well you'll have to tell that to Warner Bros cause they're porting it to all three systems, it's already confirmed for either March or April.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if the perimeter of measure for a good game is that its charming then the greatest game of all time must be adventures of cookie and cream on ps2

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Merry WiiUmass to all and to all a good Nights remake played through the Wii channel.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Kuri Kuri Mix was an amazing game, but I don't think I'd call it charming; more like a practice run at Souls-like hatred of the player.

Captain Toad was great, but I wish the levels had been a bit more like the ones in 3D World; the full game never felt like it explored its mechanics as densely as those prototypes did. It'd be nice to see a sequel someday that does more, but I'm not sure it did well enough for that?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

River city tokyo rumble is loving amazing if you ever wanted to grind in an rcr game in 3d all day.

10/10

kirby robobot is super awesome if you like fun

10/10

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 26, 2016

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kawabata posted:

are the steamworlds (dig and heist) worth it?

they're -80% on the eshop right now

At that price level, yes.

And good lord, didn't anyone mention Hyrule Warriors? Regardless of it being a Zelda fan service game, it's got a lot going for it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It has exactly as much as any other Dynasty Warriors game and nothing more.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

It also has Linkle.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Yeah it's good

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It also has Linkle.

Is that good or bad? I saw a video on the eshop of her kicking moblins to death and that made me think she was pretty cool.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

Is that good or bad? I saw a video on the eshop of her kicking moblins to death and that made me think she was pretty cool.

Linkle is good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How I wish they'd port the 3DS port of the WiiU game to to the wiiU so I could play Linkle and Tingle's storyline

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Calaveron posted:

How I wish they'd port the 3DS port of the WiiU game to to the wiiU so I could play Linkle and Tingle's storyline

Buy a 3DS

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Reminder that there's only a few days before the Wonderful 101 soundtracks are withdrawn from sale, so buy 'em now if you want 'em

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Soul Glo posted:

Buy a 3DS

I have one but I cannot imagine the game being fun to play in that tiny baby res screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I could never get the og 3ds 3d to work for me but holy crap n3ds works so good

• Locked thread