Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What if I told you that you could watch all the star treks, any time you want, for just 9 dollars a month?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Volcott posted:

What if I told you that you could watch all the star treks, any time you want, for just 9 dollars a month?

Netflix Canada keeps adding then removing the movies. I wanted to watch TMP last week and noticed that they were all gone again.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Blistex posted:

Netflix Canada keeps adding then removing the movies. I wanted to watch TMP last week and noticed that they were all gone again.

At least you still have Voyager.

You ALL still have Voyager.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Volcott posted:

At least you still have Voyager.

You ALL still have Voyager.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Worf is like 3rd best Klingon tops. TOPS.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

...and the pitch! posted:

Glory to you, AND YOUR HOOOUSE

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

...and the pitch! posted:

EXPERIENCE BIJ!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So..Martok, that one Klingon Guy who runs the Klingon Foodstand on DS9 ,Gowron, Kahless, Grelka, the Klingon Friends that Dax had....Like he is not even in the Top 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3KqCeusyVE

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So..Martok, that one Klingon Guy who runs the Klingon Foodstand on DS9 ,Gowron, Kahless, Grelka, the Klingon Friends that Dax had....Like he is not even in the Top 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3KqCeusyVE

Checks out.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Pretty sure Klingon weeb isn't in the top billion Klingons.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Pretty sure Klingon weeb isn't in the top billion Klingons.

Don't you talk about Jadzia like that, she is the best Klingaboo.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Is it Dax that's the Klingaboo?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

No no she actually appreciates Klingon culture. Unlike Work who has a hardon for idealized Klingon culture.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Bullshit, Jadzia absolutely is a Klingaboo. Ezri even calls her in it. If Dukat hadn't killed her she would have married a Klingon and then moved to Glorious Nippon Q'onos.

Worf isn't though, he's just not as cynical as most Klingons because he didn't grow up realizing how much of it is bullshit. But there's a reason Martok has such a giant mancrush on him. Worf, by the measure of his own culture, is the best Klingon.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 25, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Also, all the star trek episodes tomorrow are Q centric. Which means after Sisko punches Q, we're stuck with the awful voyager Q episodes

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Blistex posted:

Sounds like they did you a favour.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Blistex posted:

I wanted to watch TMP last week

Ran out of Ambien?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I was surprised to find out that de Boer was almost in her 30s on her show, not in her early to mid 20s like I sort of guessed. Woman even still looks good. Some people age like fine wine.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Mondian posted:

Ran out of Ambien?

Nah, I have only seen it once, and that was like 10 years ago and it was heavily chopped for broadcast.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Blistex posted:

Nah, I have only seen it once, and that was like 10 years ago and it was heavily chopped for broadcast.

"I hate it when cable cuts out footage."

Something you won't say while watching Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

I actually liked it, but drat, that docking sequence.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Harveygod posted:

I actually liked it, but drat, that docking sequence.

i'll grant that the "endless reaction shots to footage of the energy cloud" bit is tedious but i will not hear words spoken against ogling Best Enterprise

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Police Automaton posted:

I was surprised to find out that de Boer was almost in her 30s on her show, not in her early to mid 20s like I sort of guessed. Woman even still looks good. Some people age like fine wine.

I just checked her wiki and yeah she looks amazing for 46. Must be the slug doing it's thing.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
DS9 ladies looking good for 59 (Nana) and 53 (Terry).

<notices Nana is wearing a thong>

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Wow Nana Visitor does look great. Perfect for perhaps, say, playing an Admiral in a long-continuity post Voyager series for launching a new digital platform trying to compete with an entrenched streaming giant.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
:swoon: Rene :swoon:

Odo makes this solid a little more solid. Would happily accept a goo massage.

Oh, the other two are aging well too I guess.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Why would Luddite Queen Alixis have to "answer for what she'd done" just for knowingly denying people access to technology and watching them die as a result when that is the Federations main function and guiding principle on DS9 and across the rest of the galaxy?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Riker was goddamn 28 when he went to the Enterprise.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Blistex posted:

DS9 ladies looking good for 59 (Nana) and 53 (Terry).

<notices Nana is wearing a thong>

After watching some interviews with Nana, I get the feeling that she's a freaky-deaky, eternally young-at-heart New York stage actor. The thong checks out.

Also Terry is huge. Michael Dorn and her are both over 6 feet, so I'm pretty sure that romance was written out of respect to the cinematographers so that they could easily keep Jadzia and whoever she got it on with both in frame.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

counterfeitsaint posted:

:swoon: Rene :swoon:

Odo makes this solid a little more solid. Would happily accept a goo massage.

Oh, the other two are aging well too I guess.

I met Rene at a con in Ottawa back in May. He is super nice in person.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Arcsquad12 posted:

I met Rene at a con in Ottawa back in May. He is super nice in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoJxBEQRLd0

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

holy poo poo I had no idea :vince:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sorry you had to find out that Rene is a right rear end in a top hat this way.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well he's also a control freak in charge of postwar Vegas. At least he got shot in The Patriot before he could ruin anyone's day.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Q_res posted:

Bullshit, Jadzia absolutely is a Klingaboo. Ezri even calls her in it. If Dukat hadn't killed her she would have married a Klingon and then moved to Glorious Nippon Q'onos.

Worf isn't though, he's just not as cynical as most Klingons because he didn't grow up realizing how much of it is bullshit. But there's a reason Martok has such a giant mancrush on him. Worf, by the measure of his own culture, is the best Klingon.

After DS9 ended and we hadn't had a post-Voyager Era Trek series going, I sort of thought it'd be an interesting development if they'd ever go something like 100 years after the TNG-Voy era with a new series to maybe explore the idea that Martok and Worf ended up being unintentional reformist figures in the Klingon Empire.

There feels like an idea that Klingon society is sort of always on the verge of a revolt, always unhappy, and there is little opportunity outside of battle to go forward in the culture. There would have to be Klingons that look at Worf and Martok and think that they've got to be doing SOMETHING right, that they need to emulate them, some cultural rebirth that focused more on honor than glory, establishment of new social classes, fixing the lighting and ventilation. I mean, that's all we need for a new Klingon Golden Age. You walk into a ship and it's well-lit and clean.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I remember seeing Odo on Fraiser and not being able to put one and one together regarding where I know him from.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Also, hard-boiled New York detective Lenny Briscoe is Lumière. :eng101:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

JediTalentAgent posted:

After DS9 ended and we hadn't had a post-Voyager Era Trek series going, I sort of thought it'd be an interesting development if they'd ever go something like 100 years after the TNG-Voy era with a new series to maybe explore the idea that Martok and Worf ended up being unintentional reformist figures in the Klingon Empire.

There feels like an idea that Klingon society is sort of always on the verge of a revolt, always unhappy, and there is little opportunity outside of battle to go forward in the culture. There would have to be Klingons that look at Worf and Martok and think that they've got to be doing SOMETHING right, that they need to emulate them, some cultural rebirth that focused more on honor than glory, establishment of new social classes, fixing the lighting and ventilation. I mean, that's all we need for a new Klingon Golden Age. You walk into a ship and it's well-lit and clean.

If I had to eat the poo poo they eat, I'd be always unhappy and thinking of ways to die in battle all the time too.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Honestly I always assumed that like 95% of the Klingon's we see are essentially nobles and that the normal Klingon's just basically did their own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

empty sea posted:

If I had to eat the poo poo they eat, I'd be always unhappy and thinking of ways to die in battle all the time too.

Targ and Gragh are apparently quite good. As is bloodwine, getting exported and all. I always assumed Klingon Food only looks like that, and actually tastes normal. Gragh is probably their chicken.