Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
lmao if any of you believed they put literally any thought into any of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

King Doom posted:

Oh god. It's gone from funny to having a poor little girl with polio telling you how one day she's going to be a ballerina dancer.

That is still pretty funny actually

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

It's okay it isn't Christmas anymore we can be dicks again

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

I would like to wish everyone at SA a Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a happy new year, from Hyperdevbox.

Enculéééééé

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

King Doom posted:

Oh god. It's gone from funny to having a poor little girl with polio telling you how one day she's going to be a ballerina dancer.

They are wasting so much time drawing holiday art for a game other like no real followers. Please make in game assets. Or is that what the 240k is for? Do you not have a model guy?

Make the game with cubes with the character​'s anime face tell us what the money is for and get video of that up and running!

And yes I have made a game, I entered the SA Game Dev challenge a few years ago, I made a crazy taxi paper boy hybrid with 3 functional maps in a single month. I did more than you guys have done in most of a year! If I felt the game could make money I have enough content to release a demo or ten minute video unlike you.

All my assets are original except the music which was available for non commercial use free.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 26, 2016

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

this is a stickup posted:

lmao if any of you believed they put literally any thought into any of this
They put a lot of work into it, but not a lot of thought into whether anyone would care. It happens.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

pixaal posted:

They are wasting so much time drawing holiday art for a game other like no real followers. Please make in game assets. Or is that what the 240k is for? Do you not have a model guy?

If you read their indiegogo page you'd know they actually have twice as many 3D artists as they have programmers. By which I mean, they have two 3D artists.

Also, they need to pay the CEO's wife's salary as 'France campaign director', whatever that means.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
CEO's wife gotta get paid somehow. Sounds like her job is to appease France for their transgressions.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Gimbal lock posted:

CEO's wife gotta get paid somehow. Sounds like her job is to appease France for their transgressions.

Sandé Gardiné

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

hyperdevbox posted:

I would like to wish everyone at SA a Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a happy new year, from Hyperdevbox.

which one is the rose of Versailles?

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Santa may not have brought me what I wanted, but having three pages of new posts in the Thermidor thread really made up for it. Thanks, folks.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
$717 USD recaudado por 19 patrocinadores
0% de $240,000

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
I was supposed to work on my own game project over Christmas but i ended up drinking with a buddy of mine at this dive bar on the other side of the city in a bad part of town and a couple of the regulars kept talking about the “sex maze” next door. I had never heard of anything like that before- so I asked. Apparently next door was this gay cruising club that took the form of a big maze. Even weirder: The club paid guys to dress up as a “sex minotaurs” and chase dudes around the maze. They kept joking that if you got caught you had to suck the minotaur's dick. When I heard all this my jaw dropped, it was the most insane thing I've ever heard and I am into some weird sex poo poo.

We kept joking about it over the course of the night and the riffing eventually turned into talking about going in there. Once we got sufficiently drunk, it was decided. We went in. The lobby was really nondescript, but had a drab and kind of sinister quality to it. It looked like the waiting room for a doctor's office except there were no magazines and it looked it hadn't been cleaned in ages. There were even dim florescent lights overhead. There was a guy behind bulletproof glass to the side and straight ahead was a normal looking door with an electronic lock that we guessed was the entrance.

We stumbled up to the counter and asked the guy how much to get in. He said because it was our first time it was free, but we had to sign some forms first. We were shocked that it was free, but also kind of happy that we didn't have to pay to get in since we were just doing this for the story. The forms looked like typical “don't sue us” bullshit and we signed pretty quickly. I had no idea what I was getting into when I signed those forms.

The guy wasn't enthused with two giddy drunk straight guys trying to get into his “SECRET GAY MAZE.” He didn't seem annoyed exactly... just vacant. It was weird.

When we finished signing he took the forms, looked them over and hit a button and we heard the door lock unclick. We took his silence as consent to go in.

The first thing we noticed was how dark it was. It wasn't pitch black, but the only lighting was by way of a streak of glow in the dark red smears along the walls of the maze. The second thing we noticed was the screaming. It was loud, terrifying, and it never stopped. We immediately tried to go back but the door was locked. Then we heard the wail of the minotaur. It was a beastly thing. Definitely not something that could be made by a human being. What had previously been a joke was now very real and terrifying. Whatever we were involved with was more hosed up than we had imaged. We decided we needed to find a way out of the maze and fast. Every minute or so we heard the minotaur's cries getting closer. We kept running until we hit a dead end.

We felt the minotaur before we heard him. We saw the dim outline of a huge, muscular naked man with the head of a bull as he approached us. We were scared out of our minds. He got close enough that we felt and heard his heavy animal breathing. We were able to make out that the bull head was just a cartoonish mask, which was even scarier. The only thing he had to do was make a gesture and we knew exactly what he wanted. We were going to have to suck his dick.

And we did. It was terrifying. The screaming never stopped. When we finished he just grunted and walked away. We eventually found our way out of the maze and immediately called the cops. It turned out that the entire experience was planned out from the beginning and we agreed to it when we signed the forms. It's a way for super kinky gay men to pay for some kind of horrific sexual experience. The part where we sucked his dick was actually supposed to be the “climax” of the experience.

It was traumatic for a while but we eventually decided it wasn't as big of a deal as we thought. We were looking for a story after all, it just turned out to be way crazier than we thought.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

DoctorGonzo posted:

$717 USD recaudado por 19 patrocinadores
0% de $240,000

Well if they managed to make 10 what they made the first day every day for the rest of the campaign, they'd still fall short, assumming it's a 30 day campaign, neato!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Ok I was wrong before, but I'm feelin good that today's the day some kind soul becomes #20. I mean sure the campaign stalled on literally it's second day after family/friends of the devs pity donated but surely with all these great forum posts the money'll come rolling in any second!

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

I was supposed to work on my own game project over Christmas but i ended up drinking with a buddy of mine at this dive bar on the other side of the city in a bad part of town and a couple of the regulars kept talking about the “sex maze” next door. I had never heard of anything like that before- so I asked. Apparently next door was this gay cruising club that took the form of a big maze. Even weirder: The club paid guys to dress up as a “sex minotaurs” and chase dudes around the maze. They kept joking that if you got caught you had to suck the minotaur's dick. When I heard all this my jaw dropped, it was the most insane thing I've ever heard and I am into some weird sex poo poo.

We kept joking about it over the course of the night and the riffing eventually turned into talking about going in there. Once we got sufficiently drunk, it was decided. We went in. The lobby was really nondescript, but had a drab and kind of sinister quality to it. It looked like the waiting room for a doctor's office except there were no magazines and it looked it hadn't been cleaned in ages. There were even dim florescent lights overhead. There was a guy behind bulletproof glass to the side and straight ahead was a normal looking door with an electronic lock that we guessed was the entrance.

We stumbled up to the counter and asked the guy how much to get in. He said because it was our first time it was free, but we had to sign some forms first. We were shocked that it was free, but also kind of happy that we didn't have to pay to get in since we were just doing this for the story. The forms looked like typical “don't sue us” bullshit and we signed pretty quickly. I had no idea what I was getting into when I signed those forms.

The guy wasn't enthused with two giddy drunk straight guys trying to get into his “SECRET GAY MAZE.” He didn't seem annoyed exactly... just vacant. It was weird.

When we finished signing he took the forms, looked them over and hit a button and we heard the door lock unclick. We took his silence as consent to go in.

The first thing we noticed was how dark it was. It wasn't pitch black, but the only lighting was by way of a streak of glow in the dark red smears along the walls of the maze. The second thing we noticed was the screaming. It was loud, terrifying, and it never stopped. We immediately tried to go back but the door was locked. Then we heard the wail of the minotaur. It was a beastly thing. Definitely not something that could be made by a human being. What had previously been a joke was now very real and terrifying. Whatever we were involved with was more hosed up than we had imaged. We decided we needed to find a way out of the maze and fast. Every minute or so we heard the minotaur's cries getting closer. We kept running until we hit a dead end.

We felt the minotaur before we heard him. We saw the dim outline of a huge, muscular naked man with the head of a bull as he approached us. We were scared out of our minds. He got close enough that we felt and heard his heavy animal breathing. We were able to make out that the bull head was just a cartoonish mask, which was even scarier. The only thing he had to do was make a gesture and we knew exactly what he wanted. We were going to have to suck his dick.

And we did. It was terrifying. The screaming never stopped. When we finished he just grunted and walked away. We eventually found our way out of the maze and immediately called the cops. It turned out that the entire experience was planned out from the beginning and we agreed to it when we signed the forms. It's a way for super kinky gay men to pay for some kind of horrific sexual experience. The part where we sucked his dick was actually supposed to be the “climax” of the experience.

It was traumatic for a while but we eventually decided it wasn't as big of a deal as we thought. We were looking for a story after all, it just turned out to be way crazier than we thought.

Shoulda checked the forms for the safe word, friend!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what does he means by this?

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Do you ever think you might want to do it again (as messed up as it sounds...)?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Where is the string that theseus laid?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

and that was the day you chose to leave the sword gifted to you by your father at home, eh??

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

hyperdevbox posted:

I had a pleasant solstice, blessed be.

so, how are the guillotines shaping up?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

SniperWoreConverse posted:

poo poo if every goon gave just $2 they would've had a healthy overage!

Too bad not every goon reads the Games-subforum. The dream is dead.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Libluini posted:

Too bad not every goon reads the Games-subforum. The dream is dead.

I'm surprised they didn't post these juicy screenies in GBS.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
are there going to be minotaurs in this game? this is important

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
im way more interested in the gay maze than this gay game now

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
It's a real thing, google extreme minotaur gay maze.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That's great and all but when are you opening the kickstarter for SECRET GAY MAZE

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
Developer Crate have you guys considered scrapping everything and making a game about just the dog character?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I wonder what's it like to do a minotaur shift. You're there to get blown a bunch, but at some point your dick's gonna get raw and you can't keep it up forever (figuratively). Day after day of getting blown by scared strangers, it's gotta stop working out at some point.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gimbal lock posted:

I wonder what's it like to do a minotaur shift. You're there to get blown a bunch, but at some point your dick's gonna get raw and you can't keep it up forever (figuratively). Day after day of getting blown by scared strangers, it's gotta stop working out at some point.

What if the customer is really bad at giving blowjobs and ugly and you can't get off? Do you have to finish or do you just give up and wander off after a while? That's not going to look good on your performance review.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Does anyone know how to find a secret gay minotaur maze near me? I'd like to earn a little extra money so I can back upcoming JRPG set in Revolutionary France, Thermidor.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The part where we sucked his dick was actually supposed to be the “climax” of the experience.
Worst Christmas ever!

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
I watched some of the video. It was too long too finish. I'm pretty sure there was a guy just browsing the internet while you were showing off your people at the studio "hard at work".

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I'm completely in favor of this becoming the gay maze thread. What if I just want to be a "tourist" and simply visit the maze without consequences is that allowed?

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 28, 2016

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Stumpus posted:

I watched some of the video. It was too long too finish. I'm pretty sure there was a guy just browsing the internet while you were showing off your people at the studio "hard at work".

For a moment, I thought you were talking about the gay minotaur maze. But I haven't heard of anyone trying to crowdfund one of those. The minotaurs probably wouldn't like cameras, either.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
lmao

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosephWongKS posted:

It's still at " $717 USD raised by 19 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal". :allears:

26 December 2016 - $717 USD raised by 19 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

28 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

Increase in amount raised - $85

Increased in no. of backers - 3

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I wonder if indiegogo accept bitcoin, or possibly dogshit?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

staberind posted:

I wonder if indiegogo accept bitcoin, or possibly dogshit?

you repeat yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Exclusive footage from hopperdickbox studios where they are hard at work on implementing the big feature everyone's been clamoring about!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UY2wnnPcw

• Locked thread