Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
No y'all this was a planned christmas gift to their fans, didn't you watch the video pat says so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This is Woolie and Pat taking a brave stand over the wave of bullshit that killed two Best Friends, saying "we will NOT be defeated by weapon selection criticism and snailborne edits, the Zaibatsu will LIVE FOREVER!".That or they wanna go down shooting.

edit: okay, Darlington and Pat shoving a bagel on his mouth second one kinda push it towards Falling Down territory.

Dias fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 26, 2016

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
New Mystery Box is the emergenciest of emergency videos.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey, so for christmas I watched Kubo and the Two Strings with family on recommendations from SBF and others.

KatTS is a loving mindblowingly gorgeous, wonderful movie, and you absolutely should see it if you haven't.

I picked it up on bluray last month purely from their recommendation and went into it with no knowledge of what was going on (I hadn't even heard about it before and made sure not to watch the trailer either). I concur wholeheartedly with this opinion.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

This Mystery Bag is pretty good. Though there's stuff I want to scream at the screen because Pat is asking so many questions that I've already seen the answers to, but I don't want to spoil it.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Somehow this is far and away the most confusing Mystery Box

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Bee posted:

Death has no meaning thanks to the Dragon Nalls, Hit is super hard to get in touch with, and he's the strongest guy Goku's fought. In context its brilliant.

I literally guessed that as soon as the arc started and it makes total sense if you think about how the character's being portrayed in the series and how the two got to meet. It's "stupid", but at the same time it's in-character without it being a bizarre lapse of judgement.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Dark Souls 1 LP: In case of emergency, break Darlington.

seriously he had to have anticipated this

Dias posted:

I literally guessed that as soon as the arc started and it makes total sense if you think about how the character's being portrayed in the series and how the two got to meet. It's "stupid", but at the same time it's in-character without it being a bizarre lapse of judgement.

yeah it 100% makes sense with Goku's logic

"I want to fight Hit at full power but he can't fight at full power unless it's a battle to the death, and he doesn't try to kill people for free."

It's not hard to see that line of reasoning when you keep in mind fighting strong guys is right up there with breathing and eating on Goku's priority list. Plus he even had a contingency plan in case Hit just instantly slaughtered him (which he did).

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 26, 2016

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Darlington is some strong new lore

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0f8RV4Q8t4

Meh... after Neon, this seems like a real downgrade.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I can't hear Darlington without immediately thinking of Paddington Bear. The prospect of Woolie trudging down the platform at a train station in his raincoat and galloshes with a briefcase full of marmalade sandwiches is endlessly amusing.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I can totally imagine a Darlington being lord of Maddentown, though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Chewie and Fuckface in the morning, with Plague.

Pat talks about making GBS threads and pissing everywhere in someone else's bathroom. Like, in the toothbrush.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Strongest start to a podcast so far

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Depths posted:

Strongest start to a podcast so far

It keeps getting stronger.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
PlagueofGripes is gunning for that open spot if he keeps appearing in the podcast

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

THREE QUARTERS OF A NAZI!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Pat's mom shares his closet candy addiction, and his dad was too much of a coward to attend Pat's birth.

Pat never had a chance, it's all genetics.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I have no mouth and I must scream was low key my fave LP so this arc is an unexpected bounty for me. Now I just need that full Hitman LP

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Podcast is discussing placenta and afterbirth now

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Random thought occurred to me just now, is Pat going to make more of an effort to attend conventions, or is Woolie going to be doing a one man show for the time being?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Random thought occurred to me just now, is Pat going to make more of an effort to attend conventions, or is Woolie going to be doing a one man show for the time being?

They're skipping Magfest, which is their only usual con that's going on during Matt's vacation. After that I'm betting it's going to be Matt and Woolie doing most cons.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Rhonne posted:

is Woolie going to be doing a one man show for the time being?

ReBoot has prepared him for this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I went to listen to the podcast live because I was afraid it'd turn bad with these recent developments, but it might actually be one of the best ones in a while if that first half hour is any indication.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gently caress woolington

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Woolsworth Darlington Maddentown.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Catching up to Titanfall 2 and seeing Pat get drunk with Time Powers is THE BEST.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I hope Woolie decides to stick to the Zweihander so we get darksouls 3 tier weapons bitching

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Man Whore posted:

I hope Woolie decides to stick to the Zweihander so we get darksouls 3 tier weapons bitching

Why would anyone bitch about the Zweihander? It's a cool weapon and 2-handing a big weapon is objectively the coolest way to play Dark souls

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Andrast posted:

Why would anyone bitch about the Zweihander? It's a cool weapon and 2-handing a big weapon is objectively the coolest way to play Dark souls

Okay, but what about dualwielding big weapons??????

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

Okay, but what about dualwielding big weapons??????

I'll allow it

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Andrast posted:

2-handing a big weapon is objectively the coolest way to play Dark souls

This is the mentality that got us to the point where giant swords are two thirds of the metagame. Want diversity, you say? Well you could take a smaller sword? :colbert:

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Dec 27, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Man Whore posted:

The one Souls constant is that regardless of what weapon Woolie decides to use, he's using the wrong weapon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

The one Souls constant is that regardless of what weapon Woolie decides to use, he's using the wrong weapon.

Dont forget playing the game wrong and has the wrong build

Justice Sloth posted:

This is the mentality that got us to the point where giant swords are two thirds of the metagame. Want diversity, you say? Well you could take a smaller sword? :colbert:

Is that the current situation in DS3? When I dabbled in pvp close to the release it was just rapiers and straight swords for miles.

I didn't really like pvp in DS3 anyway since I didn't like how it played pvp-wise. DS2 has a ton of weapon/build variety in pvp though.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 27, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
All those things can be correct when it's to the detriment of his enjoyment or our entertainment! Which has proven very possible in past souls LPs from the best friends (snaillllborneee).

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Andrast posted:

Is that the current situation in DS3? When I dabbled in pvp close to the release it was just rapiers and straight swords for miles.

Most kinds of swords are highly viable, piercing and straight are the top of this list. Greatswords, Ultragreatswords and Curved Greatswords are pretty good, but are vastly more numerous in terms of the weapons that actually exist due to 60+% of all boss souls being transmutable into greatswords. (And that's not an on-the-spot statistic, I actually ran the numbers)

The main issue is that almost everything else sucks, entire classes of weapons just nigh-useless to anyone but the most masochistic of players. Hammers (1h) are total garbage, there's not a single viable hammer. Daggers have a decent weapon art, but are also uniformly garbage. Greathammers are better than hammers, but are largely just inferior Greataxes. Greataxes are pretty solid and surprisingly diverse. Spears are bad to middling, with some that shine over others. Scythes are, again, terrible across the board. There is ONE semi-viable whip in the game and it requires an entire build focused around it to work.

I hated a lot on Dark Souls 2 for being bland and uninspired with questionable level design, but the one thing it did right was the fact that you could pick up just about any weapon and make a weirdo-build that somehow worked to your advantage.

In Dark Souls 3, I'd estimate maybe 20-35% (This one is an on-the-spot estimate) of all non-sword weapons across all types are less effective than the worst straightsword.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 27, 2016

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Darlington "Woolie" "Three Fifths of a Nazi" Madden, Jr.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Without Matt and Liam to reign things back, everything's starting to get a little lovely.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
So only an hour and a half into the podcast and already noticed some stuff:

1) There is no one to reign them in. This is at once both great and terrible.
2) Was worried the podcasts would get shorter. That is clearly not an issue.
3) Things feel way more low-key and relaxed (so far).
4) Way more talk about video games, way less talk about movies/television. Could be imagined.

So far only some JoJo talk, but only because the series ended.

I like this new direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I for one am looking forward to listening the shitcast tonight at work