Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tonight, Shout will be mine.

It's me, it will be me Shouting when I fail to pull it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Dammit, DeNA! This isn't a remix of Fight On! It's the motorcycle chase!

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
RM aren't dropping, chips aren't dropping, but at least I got the MC3. I want all those drat motes, though :argh:

Is it worth using a MC3 on Tyro? He ends up in the party more often than not thanks to wall but his lvl 99 RM is really unexciting.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
If someone is on your A-Team even at all, use an MC3 on them. I bet you're sitting on five right now. You are, aren't you.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

If someone is on your A-Team even at all, use an MC3 on them. I bet you're sitting on five right now. You are, aren't you.

Sitting on 6, with the FF5 and roulette crystals still waiting to be collected. I should break Cloud at least and farm his 30% sword RM during orbfest I guess. :effort:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I should really work on my magic hones for a mage team. I have sheepsong, Maria's bsb, edea's inaugural parade, terra's ssb, and rinoa's ssb.

For you guys running mage teams, what would you say is the minimum as far as hones and abilities go? I basically have one copy of each -ja at r4, plus ruinga. Also 1-2 copies of each -ga at r4 too. Only have maudin and ramuh for summons.

Also have the 5 stars to make meteor to r2, possibly r3, if I really wanted to go balls deep.

My synergy is not nearly as good as my physical teams.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Wrong, loser, I'm sitting on 7 :smug: and that's after I used 3 last night.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Combo posted:

I should really work on my magic hones for a mage team. I have sheepsong, Maria's bsb, edea's inaugural parade, terra's ssb, and rinoa's ssb.

For you guys running mage teams, what would you say is the minimum as far as hones and abilities go? I basically have one copy of each -ja at r4, plus ruinga. Also 1-2 copies of each -ga at r4 too. Only have maudin and ramuh for summons.

Also have the 5 stars to make meteor to r2, possibly r3, if I really wanted to go balls deep.

My synergy is not nearly as good as my physical teams.

Generally if you can get 10-12 turns of abilities from a character you are fine. This includes casting SBs and using RWs. Maria is really easy since she will just be using commands once she is in burst mode. -ja spells can work, but eventually you probably want to aim higher with chain-gas or meltdown.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I probably have orbs for all the chainga stuff but I may have shattered all of them :blush:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Anyone know how to get your game data to share on to a new apple device when all 3 options keep giving the "this data is already part of an active game, find another account blah blah" thing? I know I've had this game on an iPad and iPhone in the past (as well as an Android device, IIRC) but I can't get it to work using facebook, game center, or the one time code. I could see it giving the error if I'm playing on another device at the time, but even when the other device has been off for awhile it gives the error.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

triplexpac posted:

I really need to get some magic relics. Pretty much everything I have is based around a physical team, whenever a boss comes up that requires magic I'm boned.

Summon relic draw in like a month should be great for you.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Combo posted:

I probably have orbs for all the chainga stuff but I may have shattered all of them :blush:

i'm bad at this game but at the very least you have to consider the chain spells as two casts of a 4* spell, so i think my measly rank 2 chain fire is doing as much work as a rank 4 fireja

it's misleading to me who's not super familiar with the nomenclature that they called them chain "ga" spells when they're two hits of the "ja" spells, but i don't know the numbers, are they really just two hits of the 3* spells?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I've just started playing and I have a few bucks in Play store credit so I can do 1-2 pulls. I've used some starter mythril for the half price banner. Other than that, are any of the current banners super great for a brand new dude? The Reddit guide is saying the keeper's vol 2 is great but I can't tell what they are telling me to try and get (and what to use my choice on).

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sitting on 6, with the FF5 and roulette crystals still waiting to be collected. I should break Cloud at least and farm his 30% sword RM during orbfest I guess. :effort:

You can't farm RMs from MC3 breaks. You get the RM automatically when the character hits 99.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Richard M Nixon posted:

I've just started playing and I have a few bucks in Play store credit so I can do 1-2 pulls. I've used some starter mythril for the half price banner. Other than that, are any of the current banners super great for a brand new dude? The Reddit guide is saying the keeper's vol 2 is great but I can't tell what they are telling me to try and get (and what to use my choice on).

The keeper's choice 2 is suggested because it contains Tyro's Sentinal's Grimoire (large defense and magic defense buff for your whole party, which stacks with Protect and Shell, commonly refered to as a Wall), and Ramza's Platinum Sword, which gives haste and +50% attack to your party (a hastega and a boostga).

There's also OSBfest starting tonight, which will have a lot of powerful stuff. For a new player, I think OSBfest banner 3 is probably the best to pull on, as it has multiple medicas (party healing abilities), but someone else may have a different opinion.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

i'm bad at this game but at the very least you have to consider the chain spells as two casts of a 4* spell, so i think my measly rank 2 chain fire is doing as much work as a rank 4 fireja

it's misleading to me who's not super familiar with the nomenclature that they called them chain "ga" spells when they're two hits of the "ja" spells, but i don't know the numbers, are they really just two hits of the 3* spells?
for the most part, Chain spells are 11.8 power between 2 hits, so 5.9 each. Ja spells are 9, ga spells are 4.9. So a bit more than ga spells, but closer to them than ja spells. Assuming the information sheet I found is accurate, anyway.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Mithross posted:

The keeper's choice 2 is suggested because it contains Tyro's Sentinal's Grimoire (large defense and magic defense buff for your whole party, which stacks with Protect and Shell, commonly refered to as a Wall), and Ramza's Platinum Sword, which gives haste and +50% attack to your party (a hastega and a boostga).

There's also OSBfest starting tonight, which will have a lot of powerful stuff. For a new player, I think OSBfest banner 3 is probably the best to pull on, as it has multiple medicas (party healing abilities), but someone else may have a different opinion.

If I do the keeper's choice 2, is there a specific thing I should pick for my bonus relic?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Richard M Nixon posted:

If I do the keeper's choice 2, is there a specific thing I should pick for my bonus relic?

For a new player, I think one of the pieces of armor that has a shared medica (heal all ability that any character can use) would be the best choice. If you were also going to draw on OSB banner 3 or some other banner that has a medica, you could wait. You do not have to select the bonus piece when you do the draw. I want to say the Gaia Gear is the best of the shared medicas, because it also increases Earth damage, and all the others just have the medica and stats. Earth damage won't be something you'll be doing much of for awhile, but it will come up.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'd recommend the first OSB-fest banner that comes out :siren: tonight! :siren:

Mostly since it also has Shout for Ramza, a Wall for Ysh'tola, but is otherwise a much better banner than Keeper's Vol 2. The problem with Keeper's is that it's starting to fall behind in power creep in comparison, since OSBfest 1 has much better BSB's (and an OSB). The medica options on it are great, too.

(edit) Also, Keeper's doesn't have a real guaranteed 5* item on an 11-pull. Just don't pull on that right now, tbh. OSB1 has much better chances at getting one of the big two buffs (Shout or Wall)

Attestant fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 26, 2016

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Attestant posted:

I'd recommend the first OSB-fest banner that comes out :siren: tonight! :siren:

Mostly since it also has Shout for Ramza, a Wall for Ysh'tola, but is otherwise a much better banner than Keeper's Vol 2. The problem with Keeper's is that it's starting to fall behind in power creep in comparison, since OSBfest 1 has much better BSB's (and an OSB). The medica options on it are great, too.

For a player with a few building blocks, OSB-fest is definitely the better banner. My thought was that a 100% medica for a player who has nothing of the sort might make up for the general lower power of the banner. That said, early game mythril and stamina flow like wine, and he could probably manage a keeper's 2 in not very long if OSBfest doesn't help out, so it is probably the better idea as I think about it.

EDIT: That is, drawing on OSBfest 1 (and maybe 3, if you can) are better than keeper's 2, at least right now. Realized I wasn't clear.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 26, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
At the very least, do not pull on Keeper's 2 now. It's going to be around pretty much forever, while these much better event banners will be here for only a few days.

You can get that lovely shared medica later, if you end up needing it. :shrug:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Richard M Nixon posted:

:pcgaming: Do not pull on Keeper's Choice 2! :pcgaming: Both of the things that are really good about Keeper's Choice 2 are on the Overstrike Overload 1 banner unlocking in about six hours and the other items on it are much, much better than what's on the beginner banner! Normally it's a safe bet for a beginner but you're coming it at just the right time to have a much better option. If you pull Shout from OO1 then that's just as good as pulling it from the beginner's banner, if you pull Thyrus that's pretty much just as good as pulling Sentinel's Grimoire from the beginner banner and if you pull any of the Bursts or, heaven forbid, Terra's Blood Sword then that's a drat sight better than anything the Keeper's Choice 2 banner has to offer by now.

Mithross posted:

That said, early game mythril and stamina flow like wine, and he could probably manage a keeper's 2 in not very long if OSBfest doesn't help out, so it is probably the better idea as I think about it.

There is absolutely no scenario in which a pull on OO1 doesn't help a brand new account. Even the duds (Tin Armor and Blood Sword-less Tiara) are items you can put to use when you have nothing else.

Cape Cod Crab Chip fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 26, 2016

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

There is absolutely no scenario in which a pull on OO1 doesn't help. Even the duds (Tin Armor and Blood Sword-less Tiara) are items you can put to use when you have nothing else.

Yes, I agreed. I never said it wouldn't help, just that a medica might help more, but that early game you can always get that later, since the banner isn't going anywhere and mythril comes in hot and heavy early game.

Edited my last post to make that clearer.

KK
Dec 26, 2016

by Lowtax
IM RETARDED IDIOT 'DARE' FROM TRIBALWARS

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Chomping at the bit, because I REALLY want to pull tonight. Only a few issues with that - I already have Thyrus, Healing Staff, and Platinum Sword. Also, I could give a crap about Tin Armor. Tiara solo would be acceptable, if still disappointing.

Shura Gauntlets would be awesome because I love Refia (got her SSB and she became my top damage-dealer for a long time), Abel's Lance gives me a big excuse to use Lightning Dive AND Kain, and I desperately need a XIII medica, which Mistleteinn covers exactly. I'd also never say no to a Terra relic, an OSB at that.

I know it's a horrible idea to pull with the odds as they are, but still...*bites fingernails*

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

KateKonitzer posted:

I love final fantasy record keeper!

Hell, same.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Anyone know how to get your game data to share on to a new apple device when all 3 options keep giving the "this data is already part of an active game, find another account blah blah" thing? I know I've had this game on an iPad and iPhone in the past (as well as an Android device, IIRC) but I can't get it to work using facebook, game center, or the one time code. I could see it giving the error if I'm playing on another device at the time, but even when the other device has been off for awhile it gives the error.

I struggled with exactly the same thing yesterday.

I think it FINALLY worked when I did the following order of operations:

1) Log into facebook on my main (android)
2) Go into my main FFRK game, choose "make link" using facebook in the manage account screen.
3) Log into facebook on the apple device (ipad)
4) Go into apple FFRK game, choose "overwrite account" using facebook.

That should(?) work. But lord knows it took me hours of futzing with it before it finally sank in.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KateKonitzer posted:

It is such a good game!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

KateKonitzer posted:

yeah probably

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Nihilarian posted:

for the most part, Chain spells are 11.8 power between 2 hits, so 5.9 each. Ja spells are 9, ga spells are 4.9. So a bit more than ga spells, but closer to them than ja spells. Assuming the information sheet I found is accurate, anyway.

in my day we had fire 1 through fire 3 (4 in tactics) and that was good enough for us dagnabbit

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

There is absolutely no scenario in which a pull on OO1 doesn't help a brand new account. Even the duds (Tin Armor and Blood Sword-less Tiara) are items you can put to use when you have nothing else.

It's not a lucky draw. You can still get off-banner 1/11, to say nothing of dupes.

Granted, you can get that on any G5 pull, but one must remember to keep themselves realistic. Even with the best OSBfest banner, one can still strike out.

By which I mean I figure I am absolutely going to strike out. I will probably eat those words in three hours but I'd rather eat them now. :shepface:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

It's not a lucky draw. You can still get off-banner 1/11, to say nothing of dupes.

Granted, you can get that on any G5 pull, but one must remember to keep themselves realistic. Even with the best OSBfest banner, one can still strike out.

By which I mean I figure I am absolutely going to strike out. I will probably eat those words in three hours but I'd rather eat them now. :shepface:

i've got enough locked and loaded for a guaranteed 6 draws on orlandeau's banner, possibly bumping that up to 7 or even 8 depending on how many dungeons i can clear. i will state that on this day december 26th I will get neither of orlandeau's relics with all of those draws

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

If anyone wants a preview of what's ahead, we just beat the new difficulty ??? (300) Multiplayer Nemesis in Japan and it was streamed by one of the players. That stream is saved here.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Zurai posted:

If anyone wants a preview of what's ahead, we just beat the new difficulty ??? (300) Multiplayer Nemesis in Japan and it was streamed by one of the players. That stream is saved here.

Haha. Hahaha. Haaaa, nope. Not even once. My butt's still clenched and I was only watching that. Nice work.

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.
Definitely pulling on banner 1. Too many good relics I could use not to.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Zurai posted:

Jesus Christ that boss is loving nuts, but I'm glad both that something that difficult is in the game, and also that the reward for beating it isn't very substantial so failing to clear it isn't anything to worry about.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I got a 5* from my $1 pull on OSB1! :swoon:

... It's Refia's BSB, which I already have. :geno:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I only got one rainbow on my 11 pull...

BUT IT'S REFIA'S BSB. :woop:

I wanted Abel Lance or Tiara more, but it could've been a dupe Plat Sword or Tin Armor, so I won't complain. Plus Refia's BSB is absolutely loving nuts.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hmmm. Well,that's good but could be better. Now I gotta decide whether I pull on it again. Maybe I don't pull on banner 5 after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Got Minwu SSB and Terra's SSB.

I'm happy not getting the dupe Thyrus or Platinum Sword, but with 4 dupes on the Banner now it feels harder to justify another pull.

• Locked thread