Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:getin: BITCHES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

1/11, terra's osb, which is my first so that's cool. Still no wall. Debating pulling again but probably won't.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

2x50myth on OSOL1, Minwu's SSB, Kain's BSB, Vanille's BSB. OSBs continue to elude me but otherwise I am stoked with these results.

e: oh gently caress yes I just noticed I got another Crystal Helm VI, second 7* Crystal Helm :getin:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
first 11-pull: Kain BSB, Steiner armor
second 11-pull: Vanille Mistilteinn, Steiner armor
third 11-pull: Yoshi-Cola Thyrus x2, TERROR BALTIMORE's Tiara

...I don't know if I should keep going. I have 161 mythril left and I reeeeeeeeeeeeally want that OSB or a Platinum Sword

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I really, really want another shot at Abel's Lance, but I'm not dropping 50 mythril on a banner that I've already got 5 items on. :smith:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

1/11 for Tin Armor. Not bad, not great, might go again.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
"Let's pull on banner 1 and see if I get anything to bolster my Fire Imperil team."

"Well, okay then."

I guess this is karma from having beaten FFI like, 30 minutes prior to pulling. Now I have to beat FFII before XIV rolls around because superstition.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Shock Trooper posted:

first 11-pull: Kain BSB, Steiner armor
second 11-pull: Vanille Mistilteinn, Steiner armor
third 11-pull: Yoshi-Cola Thyrus x2, TERROR BALTIMORE's Tiara

...I don't know if I should keep going. I have 161 mythril left and I reeeeeeeeeeeeally want that OSB or a Platinum Sword

Don't do it, you got most of the good prizes and Terra's OSB will be back. Like on the totally insane Ultros Select banner.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Yay for poor judgment. Dollar draw got Tiara, should've stopped there, but oh no, gotta take that chance. 2/11, Healing Staff and Platinum Sword dupes. Good job, Feral, you dumbass.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KataraniSword posted:

It's not a lucky draw. You can still get off-banner 1/11, to say nothing of dupes.

Granted, you can get that on any G5 pull, but one must remember to keep themselves realistic. Even with the best OSBfest banner, one can still strike out.

By which I mean I figure I am absolutely going to strike out. I will probably eat those words in three hours but I'd rather eat them now. :shepface:

Turns out I ate my words in a way that I did not expect!

First 11-pull got me a Healing Staff II. :shepface: I hate Minwu and have better medicas.

Out of frustration, I pulled again! Dupe Platinum Sword and Tin Armor. :shepicide: Tin Armor and an 8* Loud Stick is nice, but it's not "this is worth 100 mythril" nice...

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

That's a drat sexy pull, nice!

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Victory is mine. :getin:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Schwartzcough posted:

Don't do it, you got most of the good prizes and Terra's OSB will be back. Like on the totally insane Ultros Select banner.

I don't even know what or when the Ultros Orthros Select banner is, but who's to say they won't replace relics for our unique western experience?

gently caress. Yeah I better wait on this before I really feel like rage-pulling. I shouldn't be upset with Kain BSB at all, but I already had SG and for healing I already have Eiko and Aerith BSB's (but more options are nice I guess)

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
OK I tried the new gacha since it was suggested for a new player.

I did the discounted single pull:

and an 11x pull:

Of course I have no idea if what I got is poo poo or not, but I like seeing shiny stuff get uncovered.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hmmmmm, I was saving for FF14 and get some fukkin' Leylines admist others, but I'm looking at OSB1 and OSB3, honestly. The only duplicate I'd get on 1 is Thyrus. I'm looking pretty good in my own relic collection, so, really, I'm still debating. My physical A-Team is pretty complete at this point. Having a Mage with an OSB would be pretty brutal. I DO lack native Shout, but that's hardly an issue, honestly. I have SG so I can just RW it.

I DO own Cloud's OSB, Faris' BSB/SSBs, same for Bartz, every godamn Tyro SB somehow and Arc's SSBs.

For OSB3, it would be to get a shot at Maria's BSB

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Pulled once, got Platinum Sword and Refia's BSB.

This thing looks pretty fuckin' rad. Weird that it's on a bracer though. Combine this with Balthier's SSB and poo poo will burn.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Ended up with my first OSB. And I just pulled Locke's imperil fire BSB from the celerity banner. Looks like I have the start of a fire team.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I got two more copies of Thyrus :(

I got the Blood Sword :)

... Which I'm not sure is actually useful, but meh. Need more bsbs.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Got a tiara on a dollar pull. I'll take it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

victrix posted:

I got two more copies of Thyrus :(

I got the Blood Sword :)

... Which I'm not sure is actually useful, but meh. Need more bsbs.

It's far more useful if you have Terra's SSB2, since that provides Enfire. So the usual order of things is "charge up with Wrath, drop Fire Beam, drop Scorching Flames, laugh at quint-nines".

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
2/11, Kain BSB and some rusty useless armor.

Decent enough-it's probably the worst 1% on there... and every 1% on there is fantastic and it's probably my best beatstick Burst by a non-trivial amount now. Tin Armor's a good stat stick armor to round it out.

Wish I didn't mildly dislike Kain though. I mean c'mon man you got mind controlled how many times. Use another plot device, writers!

(incoming Kain fan rage)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
3x11 pulls:

2x Terra OSB
Kain BSB
Vanille BSB
Steiner SSB
2x Platinum Sword
2x Thyrus
Minwu SSB

Already had plat sword/thyrus but now they're 8*!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Went 3/11: got Healing Staff II, Tiara, and Abel's Lance. Neither of the two duds for me on the banner so I'll loving take it. Really tempted to try again for Platinum Sword but it doesn't make sense when I've got four dupes and an item I don't want on the banner (that I'm probably going to get from XIV anyway), so Shout will still be my RW for the foreseeable future I guess.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

gently caress it

I have everything but Platinum Sword, the BSBs and the OSB. A bit disappointing (since I already had Tyro's Wall) but still not bad.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
On the one hand, my streak of not quite pulling what I *want*, very specifically, from a banner, continues. I was kind of pulling for the Terra combo or Kain's lance.

On the other hand,

Yep! No dupe Plat Sword, the choice healer Soul Break for II CM content and a solid A-Team mainstay for a while? Don't mind if I do! Healer BSB still eludes me but I still have some four pulls on XIV and Banner 3 to strike that vein and it's hard as poo poo to be mad about not having to pull for II synergy ever again and landing what might be the best offensive relic on the banner anydangway!

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
First 11: 2x Thyrus, 1x Plat Sword
Second 11: 1x Blood Sword, 1x Mistleteinn

Welcome to the A team, TERROR BALTIMORE.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
Blood Sword, Platinum Sword, Abel's Lance, and Thyrus, non of which are dupes. Thanks, RNG gods!

(Now hopefully I still have enough luck to score Agrias's BSB in a few days...)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I have 5 count 'em FIVE dupes on this banner so pulling was always going to be an absurdly risky endeavor

4 sparklies, tin armor x2, mistelteinn and SHURA GLOVES :woop:

Best healer BSB and one of the best damage BSBs? Hell why not

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

It's far more useful if you have Terra's SSB2, since that provides Enfire. So the usual order of things is "charge up with Wrath, drop Fire Beam, drop Scorching Flames, laugh at quint-nines".

I don't which is why I'm a bit bummed, no other relics for her, or imperil fire sources.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got a single Minwu stick from my pull. Better than a dupe, worse than a BSB. But still a stat stick I didn't have beforehand.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Here's hoping one of you with a new Shura Gauntlet put her up as your RW. It'll especially come in handy for the Ultimate+ in the XIV event. Isgebind is a flighty little bastard. Congrats to everyone pulling new shinies, and for those getting dupes or saving your mythril for elsewhere, I'm pourin' a rum and coke out for ya. Cheers!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
gently caress IT, drawing, despite been saving for 14 all last months.

... I shouldn't have.

This gets me a THIRD Thyrus and Terra's Circlet.

At least I have a 8* Thyrus...?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Decided to take a break from orb fest and do the boss thingy that just dropped. Terra with her osb on a fire vulnerable boss is hilarious. I took Locke with his bsb for the fire vulnerability, plus krile with sheepsong and Maria with her burst. That poor bastard didn't stand a chance. The osb did 97k, which I don't know if that's good compared to other osbs or what but I just wasn't expecting that high.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Ugh, that was pretty ugly.

Dollar pull: 4* trash
1st Pull: 3/11 Thyrus and 2x Tiara.
2nd Pull: 1/11 Thyrus
*Engage Dumb Mode and go off schedule*
3rd Pull: 3/11 Tin Armor, Healing Staff and Abel's Lance.

That 3rd pull saved it, even if I really would have preferred Refia's BSB (if only because I have Kain's in JP). Annoying that I had to go outside my 2 allotted pulls but I'm pretty sure I can get back on schedule by the time Minfilia 1 rolls around.

Hopefully I'll have more impressive luck on it.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Sup Refia, here's your gloves and a MC3 now go collect orbs for like a week or so and I'll look up what to do with monks and oh poo poo look at this Fires Within thingamabob.

FeralWraith posted:

Here's hoping one of you with a new Shura Gauntlet put her up as your RW. It'll especially come in handy for the Ultimate+ in the XIV event. Isgebind is a flighty little bastard. Congrats to everyone pulling new shinies, and for those getting dupes or saving your mythril for elsewhere, I'm pourin' a rum and coke out for ya. Cheers!

Sure. Code is 9JUP. I should have replaced advance months ago.

ParliamentOfDogs fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 27, 2016

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I really should've stopped after the first roll.

I mean getting Refia and Kain's BSBs is nice, but everything else is a duplicate.

Maybe I could get a third Thyrus and just have two maxed out Thyruses on hand.

Also, Refia gets an MC3.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Dayum, someone was fiending for the Terra combo somethin' fierce.

You. You were. I would've poo poo myself if I'd have pulled both Shura Gloves AND Abel's Lance and would have clenched my rear end shut to not let one more Mythril drop, and I don't even have a Wall yet.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Started this game last Fri or so, got Sazh's buff SSB, Bartz' damage SSB and Vanille's heal SSB from the previous 11x pulls and picked the fire armlet as one of the keeper picks since it was suggested to me. Got Refia's BSB from this OSBfest but the problem is that I don't have any decent 5-star weapons she can use since the BSB item is an armor, should I do another 11x keeper and pick one of the 5-star throwing weapons that she can use or try to aim for something else? I've got around 100 mythril left.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Dayum, someone was fiending for the Terra combo somethin' fierce.

You. You were. I would've poo poo myself if I'd have pulled both Shura Gloves AND Abel's Lance and would have clenched my rear end shut to not let one more Mythril drop, and I don't even have a Wall yet.

On the one hand, yes, I should've called it good and saved my mithril for a different banner and not gambled away that good fortune.

On the other hand, it's all about The Game, and how you play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Swapped over from Shadow BSB to Refia BSB for the current event boss and XIV. Code is e5R5.

• Locked thread