Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

So you're saying if you don't agree with every thing a politician says, you shouldn't vote at all?

that's what caused this mess in the first place!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

who's gonna say anyone else

e: about armstrong

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Help Im Alive posted:

Who is everyones favourite video game politician

You're not supposed to post the best one first

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I like the ones in Human Revolution because they dress like complete maniacs

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oddium posted:

who's gonna say anyone else

e: about armstrong

Uh, yes?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Bob Page because of his performance in Deus Ex 1.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Frog Fractions 2 finally exists so people can finally shut the hell up about this multi-year attempt at recapturing lightning in a bottle.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I want Metal Wolf and Metal Gear Excelsus to have a political debate.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Ometeotl posted:

Frog Fractions 2 finally exists so people can finally shut the hell up about this multi-year attempt at recapturing lightning in a bottle.

A little more info

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm excited to play Frog Fractions 2

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Frog Fractions guy is a regular member of a podcast I like, he's cool.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm playing the fairy game, haven't found the joke yet.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lurdiak posted:

I want Metal Wolf and Metal Gear Excelsus to have a political debate.

By political debate you mean explosions, right

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

devtesla posted:

I'm playing the fairy game, haven't found the joke yet.

it'd own if patrick klepek just tricked the entire internet into buying a random fairy city sim

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Armstrong literally says "Make America Great Again"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Anyway the best game politician is Governor Marley from Monkey Island.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should get a copy for free at some point because I backed it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

I should get a copy for free at some point because I backed it

Wait, just to be clear:

This random fairy game is supposedly Frog Fractions 2 but if it is then the backers didn't actually get a free copy yet?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
This article says backers do get Steam keys?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Random question for the thread: what is the first game you ever beat? I think for me it was Ducktales (though I also think I played on easy).

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I got a steam key by going to humble bundle and looking at my key list.

also:

https://twitter.com/mogwai_poet/status/813564290875523072

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Random question for the thread: what is the first game you ever beat? I think for me it was Ducktales (though I also think I played on easy).

Mega Man 2. It was not the first game I ever played but it was the first one I ever sat down and beat.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Legend of Zelda iirc, with my mom's help!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

frog fractions 2 was really easy to find because why would adult swim games publish a really bland tablet looking game

like i know they have phone games but it's like monsters ate my condo, it's stuff with style

also i keep finding new awful corners of the internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVOCUmstcPw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first game I ever beat was Robocop on the Amstrad CPC, I was only 10 and wasn't allowed to watch the movie, obviously.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My first games were Super Mario World + Mario All Stars but idk which game I beat first

if I had to guess just by difficulty probably SMB2 with my boy toad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i beat zelda 1 when i was 5 and then came back to it at a much later age and couldnt beat it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

First game I beat was Actraiser for the SNES. Maxed those towns out as hard as my little eight year old heart knew how. Felt good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

i beat zelda 1 when i was 5 and then came back to it at a much later age and couldnt beat it

I tried playing Contra 3 recently, a game which I could beat in my sleep once upon a time, and didn't make it past the second top down stage before I ran out of continues. On normal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Contra III: The Alien Wars although "beat" is used loosely because it was coop with my older cousin who carried me through the whole thing. He let me use the spread gun though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

devtesla posted:

I got a steam key by going to humble bundle and looking at my key list.

also:

https://twitter.com/mogwai_poet/status/813564290875523072

This worked, thank you! Although I now I kinda wanna just play Contra III.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Contra on the nes was probably the first game I beat. It's short and pretty easy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

First game I beat was Actraiser for the SNES. Maxed those towns out as hard as my little eight year old heart knew how. Felt good

I was thinking my first was Final Fantasy IV, but I remember that I owned ActRaiser and beat it so it must have been that. (I can hear the theme to the first act of Fillmore as I type this)

I only beat Duck Tales when I was in college and played it on an emulator. There are so many NES and SNES games that I have only beaten because of the introduction of save states into my life (I'm looking at you, UN Squadron)

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 27, 2016

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Help Im Alive posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
First game I beat was either Mario 2, Mario 3, or blaster master

Haha just kidding nobody ever beat blaster master as a kid.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

First game I ever beat was Super Mario Bros. 3.

I bought Metal Gear for NES today and I cleaned and tested it and it works and I'm pretty pumped.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I honestly don't know if I know the answer to this question. I played so many games as a kid, I don't know which ones I finished. :ohdear:

I feel like I got pretty drat far in Apogee's Dark Ages way back in the day though, so it was probably that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the first game i beat was probably like sonic 1 or 2. or mcdonald's treasure land adventure (super good game)

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm thinking Super Mario Bros. for the NES with my friend during a summer. We were both staying at this bed and breakfast/lodge thing for the summer, and they had a NES there. I was good at beating Bowser, she was good at doing levels, so together we beat the game.

On my own....probably Super Mario Land, for the GameBoy. That took forever, but I did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

So you're saying if you don't agree with every thing a politician says, you shouldn't vote at all?

yes

• Locked thread