Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I got a triplicate Thyrus and a dupe Refia BSSB :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

got terra's tiara (and minwu's staff but that's pretty low on the list), so it could've been worse.

since i've got her burst and her normal super terra's just out and away my best mage at this point

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I didn't get exactly what I wanted but getting Thyrus and an Imperil Fire settles the argument of which FFXIV banner I pull on. Since I have a boostga for FFXIV already I can RW a medica instead of shout on Cid Missions.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
A bunch of silver orbs, Platinum Sword and BLOOD SWORD. I've got to get that tiara, somehow.
Edit: holy crap O-weapons are giant stat sticks. Terra's Blood sword merely enhanced to max w/ 3 stock augments still has significantly more magic than 8* reforged SSB relics.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 27, 2016

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Bell_ posted:

A bunch of silver orbs, Platinum Sword and BLOOD SWORD. I've got to get that tiara, somehow.

trade you

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Mercury Crusader posted:

On the one hand, yes, I should've called it good and saved my mithril for a different banner and not gambled away that good fortune.

On the other hand, it's all about The Game, and how you play it

I respect that. I respect the hell out of that. I'm going to wait until the anniversary to make my Terra/belated Water God Tidus/"please God let me get Onion Gauntlets before then" dream come true but I can't lie, three months is a long, long time to wait.

AnotherGamer posted:

Started this game last Fri or so, got Sazh's buff SSB, Bartz' damage SSB and Vanille's heal SSB from the previous 11x pulls and picked the fire armlet as one of the keeper picks since it was suggested to me. Got Refia's BSB from this OSBfest but the problem is that I don't have any decent 5-star weapons she can use since the BSB item is an armor, should I do another 11x keeper and pick one of the 5-star throwing weapons that she can use or try to aim for something else? I've got around 100 mythril left.

No, don't pull on Beginner banner 1 to get a weapon for Refia. That banner has outdated items and is not G5, making it the only banner that exists where you can still go 0/11. Your weapon situation for Refia, unfortunately, is going to have to suck for a little while, unless you pull Vaan's dagger on banner 3. I suppose you could pull on XIV Banner 2 and hope for Yda's BSB fist but that doesn't seem particularly worthwhile to me. I reckon your best move right now is to just collect any 4* fists, thrown weapons or daggers you pull and combine them to make a halfway decent weapon for Refia, or "hope" you get some generic/lovely SB 5* fist/thrown/dagger you can use on her instead of who it's meant for. As good as Refia with Dance of Carnage is, she's not the only good character out there. Pull on the strong banners that are coming up these next two weeks to get more stuff for more characters. Luck being what it is, you'll crap out into an off-banner generic weapon that Refia can use sooner or later.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Got the Tiara and a dupe Plat sword. Was hoping for one of the BSBs but oh well, I got something for Terra now at least.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

God in the last week I've gone from getting Maria's BSB and Krile's sheepsong and thinking "hmm, I wonder how a mage team would work out" to getting Terra's OSB on top of it now. I guess I'm doing mage teams at least some of the time.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

AnotherGamer posted:

Started this game last Fri or so, got Sazh's buff SSB, Bartz' damage SSB and Vanille's heal SSB from the previous 11x pulls and picked the fire armlet as one of the keeper picks since it was suggested to me. Got Refia's BSB from this OSBfest but the problem is that I don't have any decent 5-star weapons she can use since the BSB item is an armor, should I do another 11x keeper and pick one of the 5-star throwing weapons that she can use or try to aim for something else? I've got around 100 mythril left.

I'd keep pulling on the OSB banner if I were you. It has both platinum sword and thyrus which are more game changing then anything else you could pull anywhere else. The only reason dudes are acting disappointed by Thyrus in this thread is because a lot of people already have one. That Keepers Choice banner isn't going away and you have hundreds of mithril you can collect super fast in the story realms. Worry about getting her a weapon later, right now go hard for Platinum Sword, Thyrus and Sentinel's Grimoire when it pops up.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Wound up with a tiara and Steiner armor after three pulls (plus dupes of Minwu's stick). Could be worse, but was really hoping for that OSB. Would have been amazing for my fire meta team.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

1/11, dupe Thyrus.

Probably going to sink another 50 Mythril. drat it, if I had gotten ANY of the five featured relics I would have been okay but really just want Shout :(

Edit: All right, fine, you drat game, I get it, it isn't gonna happen. I'll stop here and wait to throw money after Onion Gauntlets instead. The Tiara is a dupe but the other two aren't so that works.

Referee fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 27, 2016

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

considering i'm whole hogging on orlandeau coming up this makes me a hypocrite but i think that if you consider every banner "burnt" after you do a 50 pull on it you'll get a lot more mileage out of your chips

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

considering i'm whole hogging on orlandeau coming up this makes me a hypocrite but i think that if you consider every banner "burnt" after you do a 50 pull on it you'll get a lot more mileage out of your chips

This is normally what I do unless I brick a pull that was for synergy. Any time I'm pulling because I have extra mythril and "It would be nice if I got a...", I stop after one. I *should* have stopped after one on OSOL1 because my first pull was Vanille+Kain BSB, but my second pull being Minwu's SSB and nothing else would have just been one SSB and nothing else on any other banner, and FF2 synergy is pretty rare, so at least I wasn't punished too hard for it. I'm only gonna budget one pull for 14 and T even though my gear for them is limited though.

e: I have a friend who's probably going to quit the game soon, he's saved up 400 myth to chase Y'shtola's upcoming BSB. :v:

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 27, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I have a terrible feeling about the upcoming banners. Just so I can quote myself later,

Just waiting for banner 2's dupe SG and seraphim mace, banner 3's 1/11 ogrekiller, and XIV's 2/11 dupe Thyrus and Omnirod.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Jesus christ some guy on reddit did 30 11 pulls on this banner. If you need to know the definition of a whale I think that might be it.

https://i.reddituploads.com/d45e4076acf34a9baadd0f023def70c1?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=4306410e6417713d3463cc602a02745f

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Combo posted:

Jesus christ some guy on reddit did 30 11 pulls on this banner. If you need to know the definition of a whale I think that might be it.

https://i.reddituploads.com/d45e4076acf34a9baadd0f023def70c1?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=4306410e6417713d3463cc602a02745f
well he's set for ffix armor for the rest of eternity

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Schwartzcough posted:

I have a terrible feeling about the upcoming banners. Just so I can quote myself later,

Just waiting for banner 2's dupe SG and seraphim mace, banner 3's 1/11 ogrekiller, and XIV's 2/11 dupe Thyrus and Omnirod.

I'm really hoping to avoid Seraphim Mace; I already have Larsa's SSB so other than CM purposes I have no need of Porom. And even then I'd much rather have Rosa's than Porom's.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Just went to look and he didn't even get what he wanted. Don't let phone games drive you crazy, please.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Just went to look and he didn't even get what he wanted. Don't let phone games drive you crazy, please.

...how!? What was he after?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I'd keep pulling on the OSB banner if I were you. It has both platinum sword and thyrus which are more game changing then anything else you could pull anywhere else. The only reason dudes are acting disappointed by Thyrus in this thread is because a lot of people already have one. That Keepers Choice banner isn't going away and you have hundreds of mithril you can collect super fast in the story realms. Worry about getting her a weapon later, right now go hard for Platinum Sword, Thyrus and Sentinel's Grimoire when it pops up.

Done, got Kain's BSB and Stoneskin. I only have 81 stamina at the moment though so I guess I should focus on increasing that first along with getting more mythril.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Terra OSB, looks like

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Was chasing Blood sword. He didn't get it.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

OSB would be my guess and not getting it after 30 pulls is extremely unlucky

Friendly reminder to Never Chase the Dragon.

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.
Got dupe Plat sword, dupe Tiara, Minwu medica... AND REFIA BSB!

I instantly honed Fires Within to r2. Her BSB shredded 160 Valargawhateverthefuck :stare: 80k entry, 40k every turn was... Quite the thing to behold.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Terra's OSB

AnotherGamer posted:

Done, got Kain's BSB and Stoneskin. I only have 81 stamina at the moment though so I guess I should focus on increasing that first along with getting more mythril.

Those are both good. The thing with stoneskin is that it doubles your defense and resistance and that will stack with protect and shell. It's practically mandatory for a lot of the really tough bosses and will let you punch well above your weight. A goal you should be working on is getting Tyro or Cloud up to level 65. That will unlock their Record materia that lets you begin every fight with a full Soul Break gauge. That will let you begin every fight by casting stoneskin which will take you a long way.

Just make sure you don't ignore the orbfest power up dungeon going on right now. Lots of mithril and orbs and experience and it goes away in a week.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Two pulls. Shout, Healing Staff, Dupe Tiara on first, 2xAbel's Lance and Tin Armor on second.

Yeah I'm gonna call this a win and cash out until banner 3 or FF14.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Friggin Firepants posted:

Got dupe Plat sword, dupe Tiara, Minwu medica... AND REFIA BSB!

I instantly honed Fires Within to r2. Her BSB shredded 160 Valargawhateverthefuck :stare: 80k entry, 40k every turn was... Quite the thing to behold.

What's the best use of Refia's BSB? I pulled it but had eyes only for Shout so not sure what the plan for this should be.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

What's the best use of Refia's BSB? I pulled it but had eyes only for Shout so not sure what the plan for this should be.

Pres Butan to Do Damage.

If you have an imperil fire, that's good. Fires Within is a strong self heal monk skill that synergizes with the BSB. Alternately, Meteor Strike (if you don't have shout) + the attack buff burst command -> Lifebane can do some sick nasty damage.

But honestly, it's basically just use BSB, use burst commands, look at big numbers. It doesn't need a huge amount of wombo combo setup to be very very good.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

IllegallySober posted:

1/11, dupe Thyrus.

Probably going to sink another 50 Mythril. drat it, if I had gotten ANY of the five featured relics I would have been okay but really just want Shout :(

Edit: All right, fine, you drat game, I get it, it isn't gonna happen. I'll stop here and wait to throw money after Onion Gauntlets instead. The Tiara is a dupe but the other two aren't so that works.

Sup IS.

I know you wanted the OSB but imo you won tonight. A top-tier physical BSB and healer BSB gives huge flexibility, and Terra's OSB will def return more often than Refia's BSB.

Even the dupe Thyrus is solid, depending on your pull plans. More XIV stat sticks the better yea?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

Pretty much just punching a fiery hole in all the things. It has +50% self-Crit on entry, the Def command is +30% ATK/-30% DEF and the ATK command is a 4-hitter that deals double damage on crits rather than the usual one and a half. The commands are also Monk-school but I'm not sure what the best RM is. Do you grab Sabin's level 99 RM and prime with Lifesiphon or grab a SB starter or booster?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Okay, I have 101 mythril right now. I get 10 from the XIV event, and 10 from whatever's after. I have 15 from the future Orbfest phases. I'll get roughly 20 from login bonuses or so.

So I guess I can safely do a pull on banner 3 for Agrias' BSB, and still be able to do 2 pulls on XIV 1.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CaptainPsyko posted:

Pres Butan to Do Damage.

If you have an imperil fire, that's good. Fires Within is a strong self heal monk skill that synergizes with the BSB. Alternately, Meteor Strike (if you don't have shout) + the attack buff burst command -> Lifebane can do some sick nasty damage.

But honestly, it's basically just use BSB, use burst commands, look at big numbers. It doesn't need a huge amount of wombo combo setup to be very very good.

Cool, no imperil fire yet but I'll go see about Fires Within. Thanks.

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.

IllegallySober posted:

I have zells BSB fist on her for the +fire, use second command then spam first.

Pretty much just punching a fiery hole in all the things. It has +50% self-Crit on entry, the Def command is +30% ATK/-30% DEF and the ATK command is a 4-hitter that deals double damage on crits rather than the usual one and a half. The commands are also Monk-school but I'm not sure what the best RM is. Do you grab Sabin's level 99 RM and prime with Lifesiphon or grab a SB starter or booster?

Zell RM3 gives significant monk damage boost

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

kalensc posted:

Sup IS.

I know you wanted the OSB but imo you won tonight. A top-tier physical BSB and healer BSB gives huge flexibility, and Terra's OSB will def return more often than Refia's BSB.

Even the dupe Thyrus is solid, depending on your pull plans. More XIV stat sticks the better yea?

I actually just wanted Platinum Sword ;)

But yeah, realizing two things:

A) it's stupid to be even the least bit upset about not getting the exact thing I wanted with free Mythril in a free phone game, and

B) I need to stop toting Tyro around for Wall and focus more on damage and I can do that by using both of these BSBs and maybe Ramza for Iga Blade and support shenanigans.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Richard M Nixon posted:

OK I tried the new gacha since it was suggested for a new player.

I did the discounted single pull:

and an 11x pull:

Of course I have no idea if what I got is poo poo or not, but I like seeing shiny stuff get uncovered.

Well, you got the headline item on the banner, and it's good. When you get the opportunity to, use Hero's Souls to add Terra and Steiner to your team.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Friggin Firepants posted:

Zell RM3 gives significant monk damage boost

Sabin's RM3 gives "much", i.e. 40%, more Monk damage, whereas Zell's RM3 "significant" bonus gives 30%. If we're going to be discussing optimal RMs, it's disqualified by virtue of being inferior.

Leonyth
Mar 17, 2009
So, I wasn't sure about this. But decided I could go for one draw.

It paid off way more than I expected.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Tiara and Abel's Lance were my top picks on the banner. Would have liked the OSB, but I have Terra's burst, so... Fire Lord Terra, leggo :getin:

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
So I started today, did the discounted 25 mithril 11 pull and pulled three 5 star relics.

Two of which were Gungnir. :v: One of which was Lightbringer, though - I grabbed Celes quickfast. I understand Maria's Song is something I probably wanted anyway, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Leonyth posted:

So, I wasn't sure about this. But decided I could go for one draw.

It paid off way more than I expected.

wow that's basically a perfect draw right

• Locked thread