Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I need either Terra's BSB or OSB to have a Fire Lady Terra/Fire Lord Vivi tag team with a pyro-enabling Balthier. Little sad I couldn't pull it off on this banner, but no way am I chasing one relic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm not an expert but as someone who's had terra's burst break for a long time it's pretty crummy and should not be the pedestal you're aspiring to

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I just got Abel's Lance, but considering the general wonkiness of dragoon skills with their launch times I'm not certain what the "expected" rotation might be for it. Thoughts? At the moment I don't have any 5* dragoon skills honed beyond R1, but I can certainly allocate orbs to relevant skills like Lightning Dive once the current orbfest finishes.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yay....Two Tin Armors. :\

I still dont have a drat Plat sword.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

NGDBSS posted:

I just got Abel's Lance, but considering the general wonkiness of dragoon skills with their launch times I'm not certain what the "expected" rotation might be for it. Thoughts? At the moment I don't have any 5* dragoon skills honed beyond R1, but I can certainly allocate orbs to relevant skills like Lightning Dive once the current orbfest finishes.

Absolutely Lightning Dive, Lightning Dive all day. One of his BSB commands is an Ether so you don't have to hone it all that much.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Piebald Hell posted:

So I started today, did the discounted 25 mithril 11 pull and pulled three 5 star relics.

Two of which were Gungnir. :v: One of which was Lightbringer, though - I grabbed Celes quickfast. I understand Maria's Song is something I probably wanted anyway, yeah?

If by Gungnir you mean Luneth's spear then that's really really good too, and having two of them isn't bad either because III synergy is tough to come by and once you don't need them for synergy anymore a +wind weapon at 6* is a really good thing to have too.

And y'know, also because the BSB itself is very highly regarded as damage BSBs go. EnWind, wind damage, stacking wind buff, and Luneth can further exploit the EnWind with Sky High and Tornado Strike.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

wow that's basically a perfect draw right

As long as he didn't need Platinum Sword

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

NGDBSS posted:

There's nothing wonky about Dragoon skills at all. Make and hone Blood of the Wyvern to R2. Cast it once, then use Lightning Dive twice. BotW means your jump skills don't have air time. Once you've cast the BSB once, replace Blood of the Wyvern, replace it in your rotation with burst command 1. If you run out of casts of Lightning Dive, use burst command 2. Repeat.

Edit: if you have the orbs to spare, hone Blood to R3 or 4 to guarantee that Burst command 2 always restores Lightning Dive casts.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008

CaptainPsyko posted:

If by Gungnir you mean Luneth's spear then that's really really good too, and having two of them isn't bad either because III synergy is tough to come by and once you don't need them for synergy anymore a +wind weapon at 6* is a really good thing to have too.

And y'know, also because the BSB itself is very highly regarded as damage BSBs go. EnWind, wind damage, stacking wind buff, and Luneth can further exploit the EnWind with Sky High and Tornado Strike.

Nope, FF2 Gungnir; Gordon's spear... which also grants a buff (super) soul break. Kashuan's Resolve, moderate atk/m.atk boost plus a single guaranteed evasion of a physical attack apiece.

Who the gently caress is Gordon? I didn't see him in the Hall of Heroes while I was grabbing Celes. :T

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I actually have Blood of the Wyvern at R3 already (to complement the 3* dragoon skills all at R5), but the wonky part is the fact that I have to use BotW/BSB command 1 as a windup action in the first place. But otherwise, I have R1 Lightning Dive/Sky High and haven't touched Dragoon Jump/Sky Grinder. Which of those or of the other 4* dragoon would be useful, if any? (I seem to recall that Soaring Jump is generally considered rubbish due to only dealing a single hit of damage without an element.)

Edit:

Piebald Hell posted:

Nope, FF2 Gungnir; Gordon's spear... which also grants a buff (super) soul break. Kashuan's Resolve, moderate atk/m.atk boost plus a single guaranteed evasion of a physical attack apiece.

Who the gently caress is Gordon? I didn't see him in the Hall of Heroes while I was grabbing Celes. :T
Gordon is a support character from FF2. Nice job pulling that spear, since +ATK/+MAG stacks with other buffs of different types.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 27, 2016

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

I actually have Blood of the Wyvern at R3 already (to complement the 3* dragoon skills all at R5), but the wonky part is the fact that I have to use BotW/BSB command 1 as a windup action in the first place. But otherwise, I have R1 Lightning Dive/Sky High and haven't touched Dragoon Jump/Sky Grinder. Which of those or of the other 4* dragoon would be useful, if any? (I seem to recall that Soaring Jump is generally considered rubbish due to only dealing a single hit of damage without an element.)

Edit:
Gordon is a support character from FF2. Nice job pulling that spear, since +ATK/+MAG stacks with other buffs of different types.

Woop. And I am blind, he's right there below Firion. Time to grind his scrub rear end up to match my A-team of badass level... 18s. :v:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
2/11, Kain and Vanille BSBs. I'm pretty happy, all things considered. I've been using Arc and his robes for healing, so this gives me options.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
3/11 Tin armour, tiara and mistilstein (dupe).

Nice, extra mage stick for XIII and some much needed IX synergy, and enfire for Terra (let's wait for ultros banner).

Those pulling vanilles burst - it's arguably the best workhorse white burst. Decent damage from first command, party cure and what it lacks for in utility in makes up for instant cast.

Vanille is legit MVP in multiplayer and can single handed save runs

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

NGDBSS posted:

Edit:

With Kain BSB, 99.9% of the time, you want Lightning Dive. Dragoon Jump is useful against enemies that resist lightning. Sky High isn't worth the resources to invest in - especially with Kain - but keep R1 around for hitting weaknesses and such. Sky Grinder is occasionally useful at R1 or 2 for AoE fights, but is very low priority. Incidentally, it doesn't have any airtime, so against bosses with AoE adds and a priority single target, using Sky Grinder until BSB, then command 1 -> Lightning Dive is a real strong rotation.

You can basically ignore all other dragoon skills because lightning dive is absurdly overpowered for a 5*.

Piebald Hell posted:

Ah, Gordon's is less interesting because it doesn't stack with the buff from Celes BSB. On the other hand, Gordon can carry the all important Breakdown skills, so you'll always have a spot for him in your party if you want him.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Got a dupe platinum sword and two copies of Minwu's medical. Which isn't terrible, but I already have Arc's instant medica +physical blink, so that's pretty disappointing.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

God loving dammit. 2 pulls, really hoping for a Wall (I've spent well over 500 mythril on banners with Wall and still don't have one). Lots of other good stuff I'd be happy to get too.

First pull I go 1/11 with Mistileinn. Very meh because I already have 3 other medicas, one of which is Selphie's Dreamstage, and I also have her BSB, which is basically just a better version of Mistileinn unless I'm missing something.

Second pull...4 shinies, gently caress yeah!

Tin Armor, dupe Tiara (my third), 2 loving Mistileinns. Literally the most garbage pulls I could possibly get off this banner. Pretty bummed and I feel like I just wasted 100 mythril but oh well I guess. Feel bad complaining about a BSB but man.

It almost wraps around to being funny, just because the odds of getting 5 5-star items, 3 of which are BSBs, that are all effectively useless for me seems ludicrously unlikely but welp.

edit: I guess having an instant cast medica is nice at least, though there aren't a whole lot of places where I'd rather have it over a magic blink so far, but drat I did not need 3 of them.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 27, 2016

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
How good is Yda's "Internal Release"?

Raises Mind of party and crit chance

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Vanille's BSB is basically the best healer BSB in the game even in JP, what are you even talking about

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
Imo, spamming 1500 worth of cure a round of 5 rounds after a 4000+ instant cast entry kind of beats dodging one 2000-3000 aoe.

I gave up ovelias MB medica for vanille, never looked back, give it a shot. The instant cast is the best utility

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Vanille's BSB is basically the best healer BSB in the game even in JP, what are you even talking about

Can ya elaborate? The heal all is pretty good? I just got it and Minwu's, so I'm curious if I am making Vanille my medic then

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

I'm not going to tell you not to be disappointed, that's your right, but I think you're completely misjudging Transcendent Dream's value. Instant Curaga + spammable h25 Medica and a command that comes with Mental Break is better than either of Selphie's two options given that she can't use both at the same time. I have Dreamstage myself, though not Strange Vision, and I would've tagged in Vanille as my permanent A-Team healer had I pulled Mistilteinn. I don't think having Strange Vision would change that, either.

e:

Servaetes posted:

Can ya elaborate? The heal all is pretty good? I just got it and Minwu's, so I'm curious if I am making Vanille my medic then

I don't know about "best even in JP" but it's got a really solid pair of effects. Instant party Curaga on entry is huge, if you've never used an instant Medica then I assure you the two and a half seconds you save on cast is significant. In general, short cast time has more of an effect than you might suspect. It also comes with a +30% MND buff, making her standard issue party medica command stronger than any other Burst with a similar command. Her other command is a touch more situational but it's a two-hit Holy attack that comes with a Mental Break rider and it's really hard to get a Mental Break/down effect on a mage team normally, your one Support is usually packing Full + a defensive Breakdown of some sort. You don't even really need to mind the attack command, really, Transcendent Dream shits out party healing at a pace pretty much no other BSB does.

Cape Cod Crab Chip fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 27, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

God loving dammit. 2 pulls, really hoping for a Wall (I've spent well over 500 mythril on banners with Wall and still don't have one). Lots of other good stuff I'd be happy to get too.

First pull I go 1/11 with Mistileinn. Very meh because I already have 3 other medicas, one of which is Selphie's Dreamstage, and I also have her BSB, which is basically just a better version of Mistileinn unless I'm missing something.

Second pull...4 shinies, gently caress yeah!

Tin Armor, dupe Tiara (my third), 2 loving Mistileinns. Literally the most garbage pulls I could possibly get off this banner. Pretty bummed and I feel like I just wasted 100 mythril but oh well I guess. Feel bad complaining about a BSB but man.

It almost wraps around to being funny, just because the odds of getting 5 5-star items, 3 of which are BSBs, that are all effectively useless for me seems ludicrously unlikely but welp.

edit: I guess having an instant cast medica is nice at least, though there aren't a whole lot of places where I'd rather have it over a magic blink so far, but drat I did not need 3 of them.

Selphie BSB doesn't have medica on it, just a single target heal. Vanille BSB being instant cast entry actually makes it one of the strongest white mage BSBs, so it's definitely not bad at all. It's also much better than Dreamstage for raw healing, so unless you need to mag blink some awful status effect, you're going to want to bring Vanille from now on.

Getting three might be stupid, but eh, that is still a great item.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I rolled the MC3 Lode right at the end of today, so I think I'm pretty well set, considering we aren't halfway through the orbfest yet.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Inge posted:

Imo, spamming 1500 worth of cure a round of 5 rounds after a 4000+ instant cast entry kind of beats dodging one 2000-3000 aoe.

I gave up ovelias MB medica for vanille, never looked back, give it a shot. The instant cast is the best utility

Slowly dawning on me that Vanille's BSB probably beats the hell out of Yuffie's Clear Tranquil, huh?

I can probably carry Vanille and drop Yuffie for a pure damage-dealer.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Attestant posted:

Selphie BSB doesn't have medica on it, just a single target heal. Vanille BSB being instant cast entry actually makes it one of the strongest white mage BSBs, so it's definitely not bad at all. It's also much better than Dreamstage for raw healing, so unless you need to mag blink some awful status effect, you're going to want to bring Vanille from now on.

Getting three might be stupid, but eh, that is still a great item.

I was actually combining parts of Dreamstage and Strange Vision in my head somehow so now I feel really dumb because it's not nearly as bad now.

Still really wanted a lot of the other items on the banner so getting 3 stings a bit, especially since I was hoping I could get away with just one 11-pull, but you guys are right.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

Slowly dawning on me that Vanille's BSB probably beats the hell out of Yuffie's Clear Tranquil, huh?

Clear Tranquil is a crutch for people that need to RW a boost/faithga while relying on Y'shtola for wall.

There's a reason though that Wall is so much better as an RW, and that having your offensive buff native is so much better, and it's that having the whole wide world of healers with Medica's availiable to slot into your team reallyndoes open up a whole lot of options.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Did one pull on the banner because I'd really like to get Vanille's BSB, or even Refia's BSB. Terra's OSB would be nice since I have her Tiara too.

1/11, tin armor. :sigh:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

CaptainPsyko posted:

Clear Tranquil is a crutch for people that need to RW a boost/faithga while relying on Y'shtola for wall.

There's a reason though that Wall is so much better as an RW, and that having your offensive buff native is so much better, and it's that having the whole wide world of healers with Medica's availiable to slot into your team reallyndoes open up a whole lot of options.

Well, that's exactly my problem, I don't have Shout. My only native Boostga is Laguna's SSB and my native Faithgas are Kuja's/Vincent's SSBs.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

So I guess now the question is, what do I actually *do* with 3 Mistileinns? I'd never need more than 1 MND stick for a realm, would I? But they also have 100 MAG when fully upgraded, and I don't have any mage sticks for XIII aside from Hawkeye, so do I keep them for that? Do I combine them into one ridiculous Mistileinn (would I even notice the difference)? Use the other two as rosetta stones?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

Well, that's exactly my problem, I don't have Shout. My only native Boostga is Laguna's SSB and my native Faithgas are Kuja's/Vincent's SSBs.

Vanille's command 1 is a Mental Breakdown as well; either of those Faithga's are perfectly fine as well. Consider running mages.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So I guess now the question is, what do I actually *do* with 3 Mistileinns? I'd never need more than 1 MND stick for a realm, would I? But they also have 100 MAG when fully upgraded, and I don't have any mage sticks for XIII aside from Hawkeye, so do I keep them for that? Do I combine them into one ridiculous Mistileinn (would I even notice the difference)? Use the other two as rosetta stones?

Whatever you do, the answer is not Rosetta stones.

Either keep them separate to run a baller all-Mage team in FF13 (a realm where that's very viable and can help on CM's) or combine all three and throw a dark matter in for good measure for an 8* MND stick that's good in every realm, synergy be damned. Neither of those is a wrong answer.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

CaptainPsyko posted:

Really? Tell that to my Yuffie (Clear Tranquil, ninja spells), Ramza (Tailwind, support), Selphie (BSB), Hope (BSB), Onion (BSB) party.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

Absolutely, although clear tranquil / tailwind is still great on certain teams

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So I couldn't help myself and pulled one more time on banner 1. Thyrus x2, Platinum Sword, Steiner's Armor. That gives me a wall (finally), a second stat stick for XIV, and an 8* plat sword which is far and away my best non synergy weapon. I'm pretty happy.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Vanille's command 1 is a Mental Breakdown as well; either of those Faithga's are perfectly fine as well. Consider running mages.

Mental Break, actually. Still decent if you can't fit it in.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
100 gems: Thyrus
11-pull: Thyrus #2, Tin Armor

Not terribly impressive since I already had SG (though another option for wall-bringing is nice). Kind of want to do another pull for one of the bigger prizes (except Vanille's BSB which I already have), but I'll probably hold off. I'll need to review what other banners I want to pull on first, at least.

Also, I remembered that I never actually drew on the buff lucky banner, so I did that. 3 rainbows: Dupe Bartzcaliber, Dupe Asura's Rod, and Kuja's SSB. Could've gone better, could've gone worse.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Welp I just got both the MC3 and the lucky dice in back to back roulette rolls, what are the odds of that happening

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Bastard Tetris posted:

Welp I just got both the MC3 and the lucky dice in back to back roulette rolls, what are the odds of that happening

The more spins you do without getting either, the higher they get.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Just got the dice too. Just how good is a minor elemental resist anyways? -10%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
baahaahahaha oh god.

Did my first 50 mithril pull.

Got the blood sword.

I DON'T EVEN HAVE TERRA YET.

• Locked thread