Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Not Operator posted:

You kinda made me expect someone amazing, or like maybe even Dan Katz or something. I have to admit I don't actually know who this is, but it seems like I really should.

https://twitter.com/jakeiverson57/status/755971233720569856

She's a more thoughtful Kim Kardashian, who's been aggressively unapologetic about being a sexual being and who's been surprisingly thoughtful about feminist issues (particularly the specific issues facing black women). She is also the only person to date who's been able to get Kanye to sit down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68kmBoUru-k

I have no idea what she and Jimmy have to talk about, but she's always come across well in interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Yeah, that was pretty fun. I was expecting her to be a lot younger from the way the guys were talking, but she's older than me.

Also I think Garon is a fan.
https://twitter.com/MyNameIsGaron/status/756004326309363712

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I had no idea Amber Rose was this nice and cool. She's OD fire.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I can't believe they talked about poo poo Who songs without bringing up Boris the Spider or Happy Jack.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Why is Garon gone?

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Why is Garon gone?

He got a "real" (see: boring) job.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Not Operator posted:

I can't believe they talked about poo poo Who songs without bringing up Boris the Spider or Happy Jack.

Boris the Spider is.........good.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Look who's crawling up my waaaaall
John no
Black and hairy, very smaaaall
John stop please

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
The joy of getting to hear Matt and Jimmy experience that god damned wonderful grapefruit video for the first time

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Never Not Funny posted:

Players Clubbers: get ready for a mini-marathon this week! 1825 on Thurs, 18X on Fri, 18Y on Sat, 18Z on Sun! #closingitoutstrong

What in the name of Garon Cockrell is going on here?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Oh man. Is this the year they break the Aukerman streak?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Julie Dixon Jackson is femalelliot

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Nah I thought she was charming and likeable.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
FEMelliot

Sorry

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Not Operator posted:

Oh man. Is this the year they break the Aukerman streak?

Nope!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
My episode has a sound glitch during the Ghostbusters discussion-it skips from the cameos discussion to talking about Legendary studio. Just wanted to check before I tried downloading again.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
No issues with mine.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Thanks. Used soundcloud to fill the gap. Would've missed Jimmy's Chicago accent.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Just curious, are most of you that post in this thread Player's Club members or just listen to the free episodes like me?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I've been subscribed to the audio since season 4 or 5, then switched to video once the player's club started. I don't own a card or a multi tool or anything though.

I definitely consider it worthwhile, even if there are less bonus episodes than there used to be, and more not-great listeners call episodes.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Players club. NNF is my favorite podcast and has been for about five years now. I was a primo member initially but then as soon as they started doing two eps a week it was a no brainer

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JFC posted:

Just curious, are most of you that post in this thread Player's Club members or just listen to the free episodes like me?

Just free. Started listening when they joined Earwolf. Do the Player's Club episodes usually have an additional guest or is it just them shooting the poo poo?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Players Club was initially supposed to be for 'friend of the show' guests. Pat Francis was on a lot. Danielle Koenig, Mike Schmidt, Rachel Quaintance, etc. Sometimes randos Jimmy found round the back of the Conan lot or wherever. It didn't turn out to be that rigid, but the free feed generally has the bigger names and the more unique gets.

They previously did one "Jimmy and the gang" guestless episode each season where they took calls, which they've bumped up to two or three this season. I don't really like these as much but they're never awful or anything.

You also get some bonus stuff. Any live episode will be there, usually between two or three per season. They also used to record audio from the game shows Jimmy did at the UCB, which was a lot of fun, but I think he just doesn't do them much anymore.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Players Club episodes, in my view, are nearly indistinguishable from non-Players Club eps. The only thing is the periodic episodes without any guests, which I love because I find them more relaxed and full of great riffing and bullshittery

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I love the guestless episodes right up until they take calls. They usually lead to some humor but a lot of zeroes calling in. The worst part of a lot of podcasts(especially those with the more old school comedians) is how much they love playing radio. Taking phonecalls, extended ad reads that sort of thing. I mean the NNF ads can be fun sometimes(like that wonderful jizz thighs thing) but sometimes it feels like Jimmy thinks everyone gets the same kick out of straight up ad copy that he does

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

JFC posted:

Subscribed after the first free season on Earwolf and have started going through past seasons for the extra episodes/video.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Bil Dwyer is both a nightmare and a genius

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Can you buy one off episodes of the players club? I kinda wanna hear Monday's episode.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The latest episode was kind of unsettling to listen to. Recorded on the morning of election day and they're doing the usual joking around about a Trump victory like it's a crazy thing that is very unlikely to happen.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

tnimark posted:

The latest episode was kind of unsettling to listen to. Recorded on the morning of election day and they're doing the usual joking around about a Trump victory like it's a crazy thing that is very unlikely to happen.

Thank you for posting this. I was debating whether to listen to it but was worried there would be election talk. I think most of my 11/8 or earlier podcast feed is dead to me now.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

defectivemonkey posted:

Thank you for posting this. I was debating whether to listen to it but was worried there would be election talk. I think most of my 11/8 or earlier podcast feed is dead to me now.

Me too.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Pardo has already murder/suicided his family FYI

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm curious to see if his weird "president surname" compulsion carries over.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Not Operator posted:

I'm curious to see if his weird "president surname" compulsion carries over.

ha yeah i was thinking about that too.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

tnimark posted:

Every podcast this week is either morose as gently caress (recorded after tuesday) or joking about Trump (recorded before or on Tuesday). It's awful.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah, its underwhelming. They address it all in the first ten minutes then call back to it a few times. They make the point that they look like idiots for acting like a Hillary win was a foregone conclusion in the Brian Huskey episode, but basically everyone did so who cares.

It's also kinda.. grimly optimistic I guess. Trump winning is a really lovely thing, and America could easily become a more hostile place for a lot of people, but all they can really do is hope that the governmental system tempers the worst of his dumb bullshit and he turns out to just be another lovely republican, rather than the worst president ever.

No making GBS threads on Bernie Sanders, or third party voters like I expected.

At the very least, it doesn't bog down the show, which is good because Brandie Posey fits right in.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Also lol at Garin checking his Canadian immigration eligability.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Steve Dahl is really unlikeable.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

My only context for Steve Dahl is from the disco fire episode of The Dollop where he's made out to be the biggest turd on this Earth, but I assumed most of that was Dave Anthony being Dave Anthony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
I fell behind on NNF by about 4 months and am catching up on the backlog, and am astounded that the gang has been jacking off about Hamilton in every single episode during that timespan; it comes up often enough that it feels like a morning zoo segment.