Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
RIP Achewood, the momentary diversion is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
Onstad has quit Achewood because he has D2BACSG (Decided to Become A Craft Soda Guy).

I don't expect Achewood will come back later, as he hints in the blog, because Onstad has made a promise to the Internet and has mad respect for the Internet.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
The end! No moral.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Deathlove posted:

The end! No moral.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
george michael died today

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07252006

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Deathlove posted:

The end! No moral.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sad, but in a good way. Glad that something I liked a lot ended in a controlled descent, leaving the spectators alive, instead of receding into the distance as we set about each other with teeth and fists

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Well sure except

Chris Onstad posted:

I have the sincere feeling that I won't be able to stay away from Achewood forever. The itch occurs every few years. I do not promise that it is over, in any capacity. But I am going to go quiet for a while and refresh my perspective.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hush now. Stop that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Close it. This thread is over 300 pages and seven years long. There is nothing left. Create a new one once he starts finding some solace in creating new achewoods after his artisanal soda syrup business fails

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Art is anal soda

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Thank you again, Chris. It's been really magical realism

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
I AM SO SORRY MISTER THREAD

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Reopen the thread when cookbook vol. II ships

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

This is a good enough way to go out, definitely a thousand times better than that awful High School arc. And I like all the final blog entries, seems like all the principals are left in a nice place. Gonna celebrate/commemorate when I get back home from the holidays with a cocktail made with one of Onstad's craft soda syrups, and probably buy one of those oil canvases when I have enough scratch to afford it :angel:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Deathlove posted:

The end! No moral.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I read Onstad's blog in a hurry while ending the Christmas festivities and thought it said that Achewood was going to continue, just only in blog format. I started writing a post in here and went to go back to make sure I read something right, and turns out I have to be man enough to admit I got things wrong.

At least it went out with notice this time instead of fading into rape vans and broken promises again.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
One day in the distant future you'll be able to read Achewood the comic synced up with the blogs, world events, and Onstad's personal rise and fall and it will be a whole new work of art.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Goodnight, you Prince of the Pacific - you King of the Coast.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

In lieu of living forever to our complete delight I suppose a dignified end at a time where so much else comes to a close is something we can respect.

It was the best comic, and I'd clap, but then I'd be clapping at my phone.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Some events signify the end of a cultural decade and the beginning of a new one. Grunge signified the start of the 90s. 9/11 signified the start of the 2000's. The end of Achewood signifies the start of the twenties, three years too soon.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Well poo poo. Now I gotta go get politically active instead of subsuming my anxieties in the antics of raunchy cartoon cats.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
For real though, I would pay just silly money for a complete set of the entire run, so long as all the alt-txts were like at the bottom of each page.

I would pay slightly less money for good indexed pdf version, but still silly money.

Does this soda-man not want silly money?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

bongwizzard posted:

For real though, I would pay just silly money for a complete set of the entire run, so long as all the alt-txts were like at the bottom of each page.

I would pay slightly less money for good indexed pdf version, but still silly money.

Does this soda-man not want silly money?

Same but also with blog posts into a book format.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Someone send soda-man some furious tweets demanding these books.

But also nicely suggest he farm it out to like a competent publisher. gently caress, do it as a loving kickstarter. Fund some one doing the layout and make it print on demand.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
what is the code you gotta type into a blogspot url to read it in chronological order

that's all that's been stoppin me from the blogs, these many a year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It ended very sweetly, most everybody seems to have gotten some kind of closure or come to a good place in their lives (especially Todd!) and I'm glad Roast Beef understands for now at least that life can (and will) get better :unsmith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sigh

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

perhaps the cookbook was really inside....us, all along

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jerusalem posted:

It ended very sweetly, most everybody seems to have gotten some kind of closure or come to a good place in their lives (especially Todd!) and I'm glad Roast Beef understands for now at least that life can (and will) get better :unsmith:

Molly died on the way back to her home planet

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Molly died on the way back to her home planet
But she'd died once already and it didn't faze her very much.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

perhaps the cookbook was really inside....us, all along

I'm just saying Frog Fractions 2 was revealed today so

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm beginning to think that maybe my copy of cookbook vol. 2 is never going to ship.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I enjoyed this last year of comics quite a bit, so at least it went out on a strong note, but I'm still sad to see it go. I remember my first archive binge ten years ago and how much I got into it. It had its weak spots, but it was a drat good comic.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

But she'd died once already and it didn't faze her very much.

Just commission up a deed from trouble man and no-no

pat
Sep 20, 2001

Judy can pat the bunny. Now YOU pat the bunny.
achewood was a spectacular comic

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I just noticed that Ray was ahead of the game with the peach (emoji) as butt paradigm.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Deathlove posted:

I just noticed that Ray was ahead of the game with the peach (emoji) as butt paradigm.

Fruit don't never wear pants.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Deathlove posted:

Maybe Pat made him borrow this album when they were kids.

Also, oh well, I figured this wasn't going to last. At least we got another year of mostly good comics after we all gave up on it for the second time.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I mean it's nice to have closure but this is like your first girlfriend getting married

Nothing that should bug you but... well...