Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
twenty one pages of discussion about a fictional characters sexual orientation in a video game made to appeal to teenagers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

let's push for 22

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Overwatch is good gay tracer is good I can't wait for more gay reveals

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Mei is going to be revealed to be InCel.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mei lusts only for murder.

I'd say that Torbjorn is the most likely contented for incel but the comic shut that down hard, so I'm going to have to settle for Reaper.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Mei lusts only for murder.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
imo ppl with dumb gang tags shouldnt be allowed to post in a thread about whatever their gang tags represent because it gets too weird and sad too fast imo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

imo ppl with dumb gang tags shouldnt be allowed to post in a thread about whatever their gang tags represent because it gets too weird and sad too fast imo

I'm sorry about your homophobia.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yea like this weirdo who thinks of mei as his kawaii snow queen or whatever the gently caress. it's just sad

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Robo Reagan posted:

:agreed:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

They should have to register a formal conflict of interest with the GBS posting watchdog imo.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

lol @ anyone who gives a poo poo about this!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

yea like this weirdo who thinks of mei as his kawaii snow queen or whatever the gently caress. it's just sad

I'm sorry about your misogyny.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah gently caress those weirdos!!

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I'm still confused why this is even relevant for a fps character. Like, doom marine doesn't even have a name, let alone a fetish, but the game was still good. I don't think my experience of shooting rockets at the cyberdemon untill it died would have been improved by mr doom having an intricate personal background

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

I'm still confused why this is even relevant for a fps character. Like, doom marine doesn't even have a name, let alone a fetish, but the game was still good. I don't think my experience of shooting rockets at the cyberdemon untill it died would have been improved by mr doom having an intricate personal background

The name is Doom Slayer and the fetish, well...

Rip and Tear.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Have any of the characters come out as trans-ethnic yet? I'm pretty sure Genji is a AWAB (assigned white at birth) who is trans-Japanese.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

I'm still confused why this is even relevant for a fps character. Like, doom marine doesn't even have a name, let alone a fetish, but the game was still good. background

They explored this important aspect of doom guy's personality in one of the sequels, H-Doom.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
This whole thing has been brilliant because we get to see sexless losers get mad at a loving video game.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
i jus6t want to remind everyone about how global warming is a by-product of overwatch nerds huffing and puffing about asses and meimeis and poo poo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

plain blue jacket posted:

This whole thing has been brilliant because we get to see sexless losers get mad at a loving video game.

I'm yet to see anyone get unironically mad at the whole thing. I'd love to see that though.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Jack Trades posted:

I'm yet to see anyone get unironically mad at the whole thing. I'd love to see that though.

Have you seen the blizzard forums?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

plain blue jacket posted:

Have you seen the blizzard forums?

No but aren't they perpetually mad about everything all the time? There's no fun in that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's a tiny group of people that are still upset with Blizzard because they believe Tracer is sexualized for straight men. Basically a group of people that are never happy and get all of their buzzwords like "male gaze" (pro tip, this isn't a real thing) from Tumblr.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm the highly rated "Ok" post.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

I said come in! posted:

There's a tiny group of people that are still upset with Blizzard because they believe Tracer is sexualized for straight men.

Which I don't get, because I assume lesbians like boobs and butts and stuff too. Is there some weird assumption that women are only attracted to women that men wouldn't be? Or is this just an excuse that they were somehow tricked into being attracted to someone that wouldn't be interested in them if they were, y'know, not a video game character.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

I said come in! posted:

There's a tiny group of people that are still upset with Blizzard because they believe Tracer is sexualized for straight men. Basically a group of people that are never happy and get all of their buzzwords like "male gaze" (pro tip, this isn't a real thing) from Tumblr.

male gaze is definitely a real thing bucko

see: all of art history

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm a male and I like to gaze.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm a male and I like to gaze.

I'm a female and I like to graze

I'm a cow

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Troposphere posted:

Absolutely.

Just look at this sexy hunk of a man.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Jack Trades posted:

Absolutely.

Just look at this sexy hunk of a man.

look at how tiny he weiner is

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
more like this tho

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Troposphere posted:

look at how tiny he weiner is

It's made to be tiny because otherwise it would offend the male gaze. It all makes sense!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
idgi he's got a normally sized penis

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah it's weird that she is naked and they are clothed.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh Mona Lisa you strumpet.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Troposphere posted:

more like this tho

and also kind of like this

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Jack Trades posted:

and also kind of like this

those look tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Troposphere posted:

Yes, but like all gaze attacks it allows a fairly easy dexterity saving throw to negate.

• Locked thread