Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
no way people are doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
they dont notice when their shirt gets loving soaked by sweat?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

hmm I have to dry clean my suit daily, but these sick cardio gains make it worth not having to undress in the men's locker room

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
almost never break a sweat lifting weights.

cardio is ridiculous tho

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Elder Postsman posted:

what are the values of this company.

*takes bowl of dollar bills from a drawer and puts in to the table*

*grabs a handful and makes it rain*

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Gazpacho posted:

you are chasing after corporate fads my dude, i mean if you're just cynically tyring to impress HR maybe that will do it but i hope you don't believe in this stuff

agreed might as well ask whether they have taken part in the mannequin challenge

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MrMoo posted:

With a gym in the building I've seen this in CA a lot:

I live in Los Angeles for my whole life and I never done seen this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I've never been inside a gym tho lol haha

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my bedroom is my gym

*does parkour flip off dressing table into a/c unit*

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Smythe posted:

I live in Los Angeles for my whole life and I never done seen this

nobody wears a suit in California

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
thank god

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
there are dudes at my gym that like to wear khakis and polos and poo poo

also an old dude that liked wearing multiple belts

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lancemantis posted:

also an old dude that liked wearing multiple belts

anime is real

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Rex-Goliath posted:

- who do you work with on a daily basis / describe the day to day role

translation : are you working with a well-defined team that puts out consistent work or is this place a clusterfuck with people coming and going on a weekly basis because management is incompetent

- how are decisions made / how will [team] be asked to accomplish things / who makes those decisions

translation: are the people making decisions that impact your work accountable to you / your team and do you have the ability to influence them or are they dictated from on high or even worse forced upon you by a hostile entity

- what are the company's primary values? what characteristics are you looking for in a candidate in relation to those primary values?

translation: if they say 'uhhhhhhhhhh' here it's a red flag. if they throw gibberish at you it's not a red flag but it's not a good look either. this should get a human bean answer

- what would be expected of me for the first / three / six months? What will success look like in this position, how will it be measured?

translation: same as the last one.

- what sort of training/mentoring/career dev things are here

translation: they should also be able to answer this without thinking. if they hesitate or bullshit you it's a red flag

- what's the most impressive thing you've seen out of someone else you've interviewed recently

translation: what qualities are people here impressed with. what caliber of candidates are you also considering.

- What do you see as the most challenging aspect of this job?

translation: every job has some bullshit aspect to it. this is their chance to lay it on softly and your chance to decide if it's a particular brand of bullshit you can put up with

- how do you set milestones/deliverables for projects and how does your team react when it's clear they won't be met

translation: are you going to work me like a slave when we don't hit the deadline we never agreed to

- when was the last time you took pto / how much did you take / what did you do

translation: without fail lovely interviewers for lovely companies will try to deflect this one. if they try to say 'oh no don't worry about that' or respond with their actual pto policy just reiterate that they didn't answer your question. when was the last time YOU took pto

This is a pro post and I'm going to save it and use it for my next round of interviews. I'm horrible at sussing out bullshit at jobs and I'm sick of being dissapointed.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

wide stance posted:

almost never break a sweat lifting weights.

do you just curl those 3lb dumbbells or something?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

bone app the teeth posted:

do you just curl those 3lb dumbbells or something?

seriously lol@not sweating while lifting. lmbo if your gym isnt just a bunch of rusty olympic weights in a non-air-conditioned warehouse in a mostly-empty industrial area.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

please post the correct weight lifting routine

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cavefish bruh

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

carry on then posted:

please post the correct weight lifting routine

Doing Labor

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

seriously lol@not sweating while lifting. lmbo if your gym isnt just a bunch of rusty olympic weights in a non-air-conditioned warehouse in a mostly-empty industrial area.

Uh the bump plates aren't rusty because they're covered in rubber

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

lancemantis posted:

Uh the bump plates aren't rusty because they're covered in rubber

are u aware that there are non rubberized oly plates? oly dictates the bar size and plate diameter, it doesn't require a specific plate material.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

are u aware that there are non rubberized oly plates? oly dictates the bar size and plate diameter, it doesn't require a specific plate material.

Bump plates are basically always rubber by definition tho

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

my workout is bending over at the vending machine and i don't break a sweat :smug:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

Doing Labor

lol on topic. we all do labour here, yospos is the digital labourer forum

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Captain Foo posted:

Bump plates are basically always rubber by definition tho

oly plates dont have to be bumper plates is what im saying. but ya your muscle garage should have oly plates too because otherwise some roided up dickhead will dent your iron plates slamming the bar down in triumph after deadlifting some trivial amount.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

OldAlias posted:

uh oh

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

oly plates dont have to be bumper plates is what im saying. but ya your muscle garage should have oly plates too because otherwise some roided up dickhead will dent your iron plates slamming the bar down in triumph after deadlifting some trivial amount.

i've seen way more broken bumpers than metal plates

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
my gym has bumper plates now its the best

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

OldAlias posted:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OldAlias posted:

incorrect

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:rolleyes:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

*extremely yospos voice* is labor a push day or pull day exercise

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

carry on then posted:

*extremely yospos voice* is labor a push day or pull day exercise

lol if you lift weights and youre not doing 2 hour single muscle group wankercise.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

lol if you lift weights and youre not doing 2 hour single muscle group wankercise.

I'm doing both and it's nice

I really wish more places started offering gym memberships or the ability to trade pre-tax income for benefits

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
if you can do a single muscle group with any intensity for 2 hours you're probably way stronger than someone who does Olympic lifting

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Dislike button posted:

if you can do a single muscle group with any intensity for 2 hours you're probably way stronger than someone who does Olympic lifting

ask me about trying to lose 24" gunz lol. kids, dont lift weights to cope with suppressing your gender identity.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

lmao i've been lifting amateurly for 2 years and i barely feel different and people are complaining about too much gains

:rip: me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Management posted:

nobody wears a suit in California

i like to call slacks and a pastel button down the California Business Suit

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

kids, dont lift weights to cope with suppressing your gender identity.

alternatively, lift weights to enhance your gender identity :getin:

also it took me about 3 years of working out regularly before i started to notice the swoleness and now i know exactly where to stand in the bathroom to admire my goony musculature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

carry on then posted:

lmao i've been lifting amateurly for 2 years and i barely feel different and people are complaining about too much gains

:rip: me

you're lifting it wrong

• Locked thread