Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Chairman Capone posted:

I actually liked this given, unless I'm misremembering, the girl's mother seems as pissed at Jyn as she is at the imperials and just snatches her kid back from Jyn.

Saw this yesterday, it seemed like she was just hysterical- with no directed anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/people/status/813803388760715265

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
At this rate, it's going to take 30 minutes to get through the Oscars "In Memoriam" segment.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

gently caress this chickenshit year

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
gently caress that sucks. Carrie fisher ruled, and I was just reading her new book the other day.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Episode IX is gonna be really awkward now that Princess Leia died offscreen between movies.

Everybody was expecting Harrison to die first because that guy is ancient, but Carrie Fisher did do a boatload of cocaine throughout her life.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Episode IX is gonna be really awkward now that Princess Leia died offscreen between movies.

Everybody was expecting Harrison to die first because that guy is ancient, but Carrie Fisher did do a boatload of cocaine throughout her life.

They resurrected Tarkin via CGI for Rogue One, they can do the same for Leia.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gammatron 64 posted:

Unless they already filmed a death scene for her for Episode VIII. Which will just make that movie awkward, instead.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cythereal posted:

They resurrected Tarkin via CGI for Rogue One, they can do the same for Leia.
It's going to feel a bit ghoulish though since she died suddenly and prematurely. They did it with Paul Walker but still...

This is the worst year.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's very sad news indeed. :(

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011
Farewell, awesome space princess. Tell Peter Cushing about the CGI, he'll find it funny.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

What a time we live in where actors in movies don't actually have to still be alive anymore.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Screenshot of the now:

:smith:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Screenshot of the now:

:smith:

yeah thats awful, i cant believe he's defend the prequels

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I listened to John Williams' 'Princess Leia's Theme' and now I'm a mess.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Well this news is really shite.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/carrieffisher/status/38260115354292224

https://twitter.com/i_deserved_this/status/813815218442600448

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

RIP Carrie Fisher, drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Can we all go and dig up John Belushi's corpse and pee on it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Can we all go and dig up John Belushi's corpse and pee on it.

You are describing James Belushi's career

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I just watched Attack of the Phantom and came to the conclusion that no amount of editing will make Episode II a good movie. The plot is just too drat bad. :(

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Only a couple days before Carrie's heart attack I was debating with a friend of mine whether or not they were going to kill off Leia in episode eight. Guess I was wrong...

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I got sent a Princess Leia action figure the very day she died, which is kind of a weird coincidence and would be really creepy if I didn't know any better. Is amazon shipping out voodoo dolls now?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Would anyone recommend Postcards From the Edge?

I enjoy non-fiction about the entertainment industry but don't read a lot of personal memoirs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder if the ghost managed to escape the battle over scarif.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Okay, I'll bite. Was it actually in a shot? I only remember Hera getting paged over the base comms.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Siivola posted:

Okay, I'll bite. Was it actually in a shot? I only remember Hera getting paged over the base comms.

It was in several. You can see it on a landing pad on Yavin IV, and in at least 3 different space battle shots.

Oh, and Chopper is on Yavin IV too.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Well, poo poo. :aaa:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Are the Mons calamari renowned for being like really good strategists or something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Are the Mons calamari renowned for being like really good strategists or something?

Here is the rule of Star Wars:

Did you see an alien do something onscreen? That means it is literally the gift of their entire species. They come from entire races of bounty hunters, or mechanics, or strategists.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

ImpAtom posted:

Did you see an alien do something onscreen? That means it is literally the gift of their entire species. They come from entire races of bounty hunters, or mechanics, or strategists.

But this would make Hera and her dad the black sheep of their family for not going into the exotic dance/catering and villainous majordomo business respectively.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Canemacar posted:

Only a couple days before Carrie's heart attack I was debating with a friend of mine whether or not they were going to kill off Leia in episode eight. Guess I was wrong...

What I would really like is a Furious 7 approach where they send off her character without killing her. It was a little weird narratively in my example because you could clearly tell it's just Vin Diesel talking about how much he loving loves and misses his best friend but I figure a Star Wars episode could potentially do her justice.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Nah, they just designed the ships so that humans don't fit in the chairs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ImpAtom posted:

Also, all species share an affinity with their own kind, referring to them as "their people." I always thought it was weird that Ahsoka became so adamant about rescuing Togrutan slaves in one episode because they were "her people".

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also, all species share an affinity with their own kind, referring to them as "their people." I always thought it was weird that Ahsoka became so adamant about rescuing Togrutan slaves in one episode because they were "her people".

Everyone is Star Wars is super racist.

Just one more thing George borrowed from 1930's serials.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Yeah and all the hutts are dangerous criminals, all the humans are power mad sorcerors who throw lightning from their hands.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

tribbledirigible posted:

But this would make Hera and her dad the black sheep of their family for not going into the exotic dance/catering and villainous majordomo business respectively.

One minor arc in the X-Wing books revolves around the warrior Twi'leks sulking because their galaxy-wide representation is basically slaves and merchant types..

It's like they tried, but still hilariously missed the point.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I had the same thought, but I think it's more of a thing where the Rebellion is very disunited and the Mon Cals won't bring their fleet (which is the bulk of the Rebel capitals) unless they're in charge.

Mon Cals are kind of assholes, just ask a Quarren.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

One minor arc in the X-Wing books revolves around the warrior Twi'leks sulking because their galaxy-wide representation is basically slaves and merchant types..

It's like they tried, but still hilariously missed the point.

And the Bothan annoyed at how her species are all spies and saboteurs who do poo poo AT ALL COSTS NO MATTER HOW MANY BOTHANS DIE TO BRING YOU THIS INFORMATION! :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Speaking of, does anyone know who the first to portray Bothans as goat/cat people was? Was it a WEG thing? Because I don't think they were ever on screen. I can always check Wookiepedia after work, but I hate that place, and I was just idly wondering.