Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar

Synthbuttrange posted:

What a sweet looking dog. Also yeah gently caress Australian Christmas weather! :mad:

Yeah, it was great to come home around midnight and it was still 33°C. It was so hot inside the house that it actually smelled hot. Like I'd had the oven running all day or something.

I had put out a bunch of trays half filled with water for the birds to drink and bathe in and every one was bone dry when I got back. Poor little birds, hope they were all okay :ohdear:

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Dec 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

This didn't get much notice, but it kicks a lot of rear end.

Sooo many dad points. :)

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/W7VDw0t.gifv

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
That one on the right was petted SUPER assiduously.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like a Bombchu

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Slime posted:

That one on the right was petted SUPER assiduously.

I also had to rewatch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0HRs0FY2U

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Hadn't had a bat vid in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVz8rvIl_vY

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Seems like this thread is a good place to put this. What are your preferred relaxing YouTube channels? I'm not talking about entertaining, or even necessarily cute. Just things that are low energy and good for putting you to sleep after working all day.

This Old House. Particularly the episodes of its spinoff show, Ask This Old House. Just four cool dudes hanging out and fixing homes. The official channel has pretty much all of the full episodes.

Joy of Painting. Oh, you didn't know? Tons of full episodes on YouTube.

Food Wishes. I admit, Chef John apparently divides people. Some find his voice really annoying. Others really enjoy it. Either way, top notch chef and great instructional videos.

Numberphile. There's something really nice about watching nerds get real excited about numbers. Numberphile has a ton of related science channels that are worth checking out as well.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Seems like this thread is a good place to put this. What are your preferred relaxing YouTube channels? I'm not talking about entertaining, or even necessarily cute. Just things that are low energy and good for putting you to sleep after working all day.

Any of This Old Tony's project vids. Watch a guy with a passion for his hobbies make lovely things out of metal, his Moka Pot episode is a good place to start.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

This Old House. Particularly the episodes of its spinoff show, Ask This Old House. Just four cool dudes hanging out and fixing homes. The official channel has pretty much all of the full episodes.

Food Wishes. I admit, Chef John apparently divides people. Some find his voice really annoying. Others really enjoy it. Either way, top notch chef and great instructional videos.

Numberphile. There's something really nice about watching nerds get real excited about numbers. Numberphile has a ton of related science channels that are worth checking out as well.

Primitive Technology is hypnotizing and satisfying. It's an Australian guy making stuff using only primitive methods in the middle of nowhere. No talking, no music. He's progressed an impressive amount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE

El Jeffe has a new favorite as of 03:21 on Dec 27, 2016

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Clickspring just finished a project where he made an incredibly gorgeous clock using mostly brass. Super relaxing and good.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

El Jeffe posted:

Primitive Technology is hypnotizing and satisfying. It's an Australian guy making stuff using only primitive methods in the middle of nowhere. No talking, no music. He's progressed an impressive amount.

awwww yissssss

this guy's stuff is super relaxing and inspiring

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Clearly the one on the left is the East German judge :colbert:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Seriously can't believe I left off primitive technology, thanks for adding!

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Really, all of Brady's channels are fab

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

blunt for century posted:

awwww yissssss

this guy's stuff is super relaxing and inspiring

:yeah:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Clickspring just finished a project where he made an incredibly gorgeous clock using mostly brass. Super relaxing and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRXI9KLImC4
:supaburn:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

From a blog called "What are you doing, ferret?"

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Emmy Made in Japan is one of my favorite YouTube channels. She's basically the most chill, likeable person on the planet. She tries fun Japanese foods and candies or does tastings of other country's snacks and foods and such, sometimes she'll do a recipe for something (her squash soup is great) or other how-tos. She legitimately has me kind of wanting to actually try century eggs and salted, dried bugs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bread Liar
She has waaaaaaay too many teeth in her mouth :stare:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm a fan of Woodgears, AKA Canadian Woodshop Dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCt3LooUVsQ

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

El Jeffe posted:

This is an Australian quinceanera, isnt it?

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Grand Illusions is pretty good. British man who's collected toys and useless gadgets for about thirty years shows off his collection in the most calming voice.

E: Oh, and Battle Arcade is also not bad in an infectious enthusiasm sort of way. Guy is just super stoked to play and win at arcade prize games.

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Dec 27, 2016

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
This is my ex-GF's cat

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/ldc8FVJ.mp4

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

iSurrender posted:

This is my ex-GF's cat

Let me guess. The cat masterminded the break up?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend's cat in thermal vision. Love the little heart shaped eyes.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Should... Should cats really be putting that much heat out through their eyes? :ohdear:

Cat stares finally explained: just really weak eye lasers

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'd reckon so. Their eyes are pretty big for their skull, so it makes sense they'd pump out the heat.

Can't even imagine what a pug would look like :stare:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Should... Should cats really be putting that much heat out through their eyes? :ohdear:

Cat stares finally explained: just really weak eye lasers

Wouldn't it just be a result of the fur being thinner/nonexistant?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cats 'run' at a warmer temp than humans, their low range is above human average and it's not uncommon for them to be above 100F for an internal temperature. This is also why they're always snuggling in piles or basking in sun beams, what you consider comfortable they think is kind of cold. Not counting super long hair breeds, of course, they're more comfortable in the cold.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
You should get your cat's radiator flushed every 10,000 miles

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Fur is an insulator :ssh:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kwyndig posted:

Cats 'run' at a warmer temp than humans, their low range is above human average and it's not uncommon for them to be above 100F for an internal temperature. This is also why they're always snuggling in piles or basking in sun beams, what you consider comfortable they think is kind of cold. Not counting super long hair breeds, of course, they're more comfortable in the cold.

This also tends to make cats overheat, so if it's warm and you find your cat curled up in the sink, bathtub, or on a tile floor, they're cooling off.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cythereal posted:

This also tends to make cats overheat, so if it's warm and you find your cat curled up in the sink, bathtub, or on a tile floor, they're cooling off.

Oh yes, if you find your cat in the sink or tub, smile, maybe take a picture, and let them sleep :3:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
One of my cats loves most to be petted while she's standing in the sink. Other places she doesn't really care for being petted, but once she's there, petting is the greatest thing in the world for her. It's to the point that if she sees me walking to the bathroom, she'll run in and jump up to the sink to get into the optimal petting position.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Kwyndig posted:

Oh yes, if you find your cat in the sink or tub, smile, maybe take a picture, and let them sleep :3:

Or...turn the water on for better cooling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless