Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Hillary Clinton was a bad canidate because she surrounded herself with idiots and had awful message control. It wasn't that being a dumpy nerd killed her chances

Whereas Trump surrounded himself with, uh

Totally not dumpy

#you'refired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Big part of why Sanders lost, OP.

Sanders never had a chance to win. He was trying to overcome 20+ years of democratic messaging that was oriented around the Clintons being the figurehead of the party, where he himself was relatively a nobody. As you yourself said, he far outperformed his expectations. Maybe the focus on the economy was the reason why.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Sanders never had a chance to win. He was trying to overcome 20+ years of democratic messaging that was oriented around the Clintons being the figurehead of the party, where he himself was relatively a nobody. As you yourself said, he far outperformed his expectations. Maybe the focus on the economy was the reason why.

It was, my point is just that there's a potential to overcorrect. The Dems still need to have a broad coalition of idpol voters and economic justice voters, and it's a tough balancing act. But I think we're all pretty much on the same page tbh.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

syscall girl posted:

Whereas Trump surrounded himself with, uh

Totally not dumpy

#you'refired

Trump surrounded himself with hot white chicks

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rexicon1 posted:

Ehhhh...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

cool lets have a shrieking primary slapfight itt too, i love it i loving love all the hyperventilating and rending of garments
IN MARYLAND WE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rexicon1 posted:

https://www.russiancupid.com/en/women/russia/brides/relocate/willing-to-relocate-to-another-country

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

It was, my point is just that there's a potential to overcorrect. The Dems still need to have a broad coalition of idpol voters and economic justice voters, and it's a tough balancing act. But I think we're all pretty much on the same page tbh.

Yeah, I'm not that far off from what you're saying. I don't know that Bernie focused "too much," on economics, but either way, when the conversation drifted towards something that wasn't economics, he either displayed not much more than surface knowledge of the subject, or struggled to make himself appear as though he knew what he was talking about. His heart was certainly in the right place, but he had major blind spots as a candidate. TBH, the fact that the Dems chosen heir struggled so much against him was really ominous for her chances in the general. He's not much more than a rough draft of the direction the Dems, and the country, need to go.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
We're still paying the principal on Scalia but we no longer live in a world where that matters.

Debt is evil.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

paranoid randroid posted:

cool lets have a shrieking primary slapfight itt too, i love it i loving love all the hyperventilating and rending of garments

its some real boring, miserable poo poo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

We're still paying the principal on Scalia but we no longer live in a world where that matters.

Debt is evil.

Scalia being dead is the best/worst thing

Trump will appoint Satan to his slot and the dark lord won't be able to fill his shoes

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

idk what happened dadchat, i used to like posting here

edit: maybe that was my mistake, all along...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

Debt is evil.

Debt matters because faaaaaaaart

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volkerball posted:

Majorian posted:

golly I wonder why that is

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

syscall girl posted:

Scalia being dead is the best/worst thing

Trump will appoint Satan to his slot and the dark lord won't be able to fill his shoes

Well duh not with hooves

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Chelb posted:

idk what happened dadchat, i used to like posting here

edit: maybe that was my mistake, all along...

Dadchat, 2016s final victim

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gin and Juche posted:

Dadchat, 2016s final victim

It was dead before Carrie Fisher, nice try.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
all the bad hillarybros ran off to slack in shame. dadchat is hitting its peak now

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Volkerball posted:

all the bad hillarybros ran off to slack in shame. dadchat is hitting its peak now

can it, crackerball

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volkerball posted:

its a kind of shame, all right

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Volkerball posted:

they actually have a private slack channel? lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/221092/new-zealands-settler-problem

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

:eyepop:

especially considering maori are treated quite well compared to most aboriginal peoples, at least that's the impression i was under

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

they actually have a private slack channel? lol

its rather public, really, except for volkerball, who is banned from it

Volkerball posted:

nice to see he's still pissy about it though

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Chelb posted:

can you please stop getting trolled constantly

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

2017 exmarx posted:

can you please stop getting trolled constantly

ok

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Chelb posted:

:lol: What did he do?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chelb posted:

i'm not banned from it lol.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Volkerball posted:

i'm not banned from it lol.

you have to take a loyalty oath to Bashar the Lion to get in

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

i mean, exmarx already said that, but if you find yourself seriously replying to both icantfindaname and volkerball in the same post, you should turn off your monitor for a moment

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Silvers being salty that "unranked" Kobold dude topped the scoreboard 1v3'd the pistol round. :smuggo:

Inactivity deranks are basically subsidized trolling.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

icantfindaname posted:

:eyepop:

especially considering maori are treated quite well compared to most aboriginal peoples, at least that's the impression i was under

least worst maybe. everything in the article is true, the israeli right is pretty good at appropriating woke terminology to suit its own ends

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Silvers being salty that "unranked" Kobold dude topped the scoreboard 1v3'd the pistol round. :smuggo:

Inactivity deranks are basically subsidized trolling.
:patriot:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

2017 exmarx posted:

least worst maybe. everything in the article is true, the israeli right is pretty good at appropriating woke terminology to suit its own ends

Did New Zealand ever try something similiar to the Australian attempts to "civilize" the indigenuous populations by force-breeding them with white people?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

What did Obama offer that Hillary didn't besides being a stronger candidate

e: or rather, I think that the candidate problem mattered a lot more than the platform problem

better timing and lying a bunch

the candidate problem is a big one, but focusing on that alone is a bad idea, because there have been exactly two victorious Democratic presidential candidates in the last thirty years, and the GOP is holding record amounts of power at the state and local levels

it's not enough to just find a really good presidential candidate. the party as a whole is in serious trouble and needs fundamental changes to its messaging and strategy. focusing too much on really good campaigners like Obama ended up just masking the party's decline, because instead of recognizing that they won solely on the strength of the winner's campaigning skills in spite of the Democratic Party's flaws, they took it as a sign that everything was okay and there were no problems lingering in the wings

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

I can't imagine how it would look if I was actually competent at the game instead of barely scraping at the median.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Randler posted:

Did New Zealand ever try something similiar to the Australian attempts to "civilize" the indigenuous populations by force-breeding them with white people?

i don't know if that ever happened (in australia either), but stolen generations certainly did

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

better timing and lying a bunch

Wellll...being better at lying, more like.

quote:

the candidate problem is a big one, but focusing on that alone is a bad idea, because there have been exactly two victorious Democratic presidential candidates in the last thirty years, and the GOP is holding record amounts of power at the state and local levels

it's not enough to just find a really good presidential candidate. the party as a whole is in serious trouble and needs fundamental changes to its messaging and strategy. focusing too much on really good campaigners like Obama ended up just masking the party's decline, because instead of recognizing that they won solely on the strength of the winner's campaigning skills in spite of the Democratic Party's flaws, they took it as a sign that everything was okay and there were no problems lingering in the wings

:agreed:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Randler posted:

If you ever want to read some horror stories on treatment of indigenous people, have a look at Canada.

We have done some horrible loving things here. :(

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlight_tours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I can't imagine how it would look if I was actually competent at the game instead of barely scraping at the median.
plenty of lem+ guys used to be able to get lem playing deagle only. i think i met a deagle only supreme or global once. needless to say, i was really salty as he was on my team

• Locked thread