Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Love Crime posted:

I figure this is as good a place as any to ask: is there an easy way of removing things from my Netflix 'continue watching' list? Only thing I've been able to sometimes get to work is just starting something on the list and fast forwarding to the last 2-3 minutes and let it play out. If I go to the last 30 seconds it doesn't do anything though. So kinda annoying.

Go to your profile, click on "my viewing activity" and click on the X for what you want to remove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And stop watching embarrassing things.

Or at least watch them to the end when you do.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 25, 2016

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

Taboo is going to be the show of 2017. Calling it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1fiijqrKuc

It looks like it's got a high chance of being great or a complete trainwreck so I'm in.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

:rip:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/25/14079232/singer-george-michael-dies-53

Yeah wtf

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Seriously though, gently caress you 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The original BBC article is kind of oddly worded that makes it sound like it didn't happen today, they just announced it today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

The original BBC article is kind of oddly worded that makes it sound like it didn't happen today, they just announced it today.

He was sick as hell earlier this year so this isn't really a shock.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016

joepinetree posted:

Go to your profile, click on "my viewing activity" and click on the X for what you want to remove

Thanks. Kind of sucks having to go to another page to do it, they should add a button on just the mouse over for the thumbnail though.

I don't imagine there is but is the default layout the only thing you can use for netflix, or are there different 'skins' you can use either by netflix itself or third party?

Aphrodite posted:

And stop watching embarrassing things.

I'm the only person on my plan, it isn't about someone seeing it, my continue watching list just gets really long because they somehow keep showing in the list if I skip to the next episode in a series as soon as the credits start playing. Not very intuitive at recognizing someone is done with a video.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
Pretty much. My "watch later" list has been extremely bloated with episodes of shows and movies that I finished watching but didn't watch the credits of for months now; Netflix considered these to be "in-progress". Thanks for the tip!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

precision posted:

Seriously though, gently caress you 2016

2016 had to put him down before it goes goes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, Travelers is so good. I'm at the plane episode and Eric McCormack is killing it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Man, Travelers is so good. I'm at the plane episode and Eric McCormack is killing it.

I was worried the procedural-ness of it would turn people off but it's done so well and integrated so seamlessly I dont think I've even heard many people mention it. The whole main cast is pretty great but I think the kid playing Trevor is probably the standout for me. He doesn't have the biggest role but he gets a lot out of what he does get.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I was worried the procedural-ness of it would turn people off but it's done so well and integrated so seamlessly I dont think I've even heard many people mention it. The whole main cast is pretty great but I think the kid playing Trevor is probably the standout for me. He doesn't have the biggest role but he gets a lot out of what he does get.

I'm on episode 11 and what he goes through is so crushing that I genuinely feel bad for the guy. Carly is the only one I'm not really enjoying.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kraps posted:

I'm on S2 of Mozart in the Jungle and I like it a lot, it's smooth like eating Pringles, and they could have made the maestro be "BBC's Sherlock but with music" and I'm glad they didn't, I'm tired of second hand embarrassment even on behalf of fictional characters.

I just got done with season 3 and I agree, the way he's clearly got legit talent and passion but isn't a magical wunderkind is a refreshing change of pace. And Monica Belluci is still stunning in all the ways.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I ended up being annoyed with Travelers, probably because I was enjoying it a lot (so, yeah, anyone on the fence about checking it out, don't let what I'm gonna say dissuade you).

I really hated that it fell into some of those horrid 90's sci-fi cliches -- mostly the reset button; the planecrash episode is great, but they have Racetrack forget everything at the start of the next episode? And there were quite a few minor characters / subplots that just dropped off the face of the earth (Trevor's gf, the lawyer, the cop husband, the Travelers in prison) without anything approaching a resolution.

Also the relationship between Marcy and her social worker is really squicky on a number of levels, and they only really comment on it using a strawman character.

On the other hand, I really loved how cold the show could be. The characters are professionals, they're entirely focused on getting their jobs done, and sometimes it's really loving nasty. But the show's also surprisingly funny (particularly Grace and Trevor and there was a great guest turn by Karen Konoval). I really hope they find some bullshit way to keep Spence around. She was great.

Highlights were episode 6 and 9. Lowlight was definitely episode 8, though I really loved that cold open.

Lilikoi
Oct 11, 2012

Rhyno posted:

That's the episode that made me go "Yep, I'm invested in this now."

Open Source Idiom posted:

I really hated that it fell into some of those horrid 90's sci-fi cliches -- mostly the reset button; the planecrash episode is great, but they have Racetrack forget everything at the start of the next episode? And there were quite a few minor characters / subplots that just dropped off the face of the earth (Trevor's gf, the lawyer, the cop husband, the Travelers in prison) without anything approaching a resolution.

I was so mad about that. I was so sure they would reveal by the end of the season that she was starting to remember things, but it just fizzled out. Maybe it'll happen in S2, if they get one, since finding out your husband is dead and time traveler is inhabiting his body but wait, he also remembers/feels the love your husband felt for you is crazy and someone in the present needs to find out about them already. Also, I was bummed the Director is an IA. I guess it makes sense, but I was picturing some cool old dude like Terence Stamp.

I do like how everyone from the future is a vegan who cries at slaughtered baby cows and poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi friends! Remember that there's only a few days left to submit your top 10 lists for the 2016 TV IV Poll! Participation is super low this year so everyone get off your butts and rank some television :colbert:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I still have to finish Atlanta and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and some more poo poo, get off my back

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah Travelers has been a real great time sink. I really enjoy that everyone is pretty professional and their all kind of optimistic. Like they don't want to go around murdering people before their time etc..

Just a really good well done interesting show thats not super intense .

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I just started episode two and wanted to ask about it. I guess I'll keep going. It just came over weird because right at the beginning of the second episode, they're already planning to prevent an antimatter explosion of all things.

--edit: Gee, Racetrack aged.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 26, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah the show is pretty fast paced. The shows refreshing because there's not much drama between actual team members. They're all rather encouraging of each other. Most of the drama comes from outside sources and them dealing with their identities. They're all 100% true believers in what they're doing and really committed.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Where is the thread for "The OA" ?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
In the trash.

e: I see you're familiar with it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Trash Trick posted:

Where is the thread for "The OA" ?
Like a Donald Trump presidency, the world would be better off if it didn't exist.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Is there a thread for blindspot anywhere please?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Carrie Fisher died. Thanks 2016.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mu Zeta posted:

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mu Zeta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yv_rl3MYKA

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

On the other hand, 2017 will clearly be worse.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

2017: The year we fondly look back on 2016.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, I'm more inclined at this point to believe this is the universe's way of easing us into 2017.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you haven't read or seen Postcards From The Edge you should get right on that. Or if you have read or seen it do the other. Fisher had a great way with words.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
She was also a script doctor for Sister Act, Lethal Weapon 3, The Last Action Hero and others.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

She was also a script doctor for Sister Act, Lethal Weapon 3, The Last Action Hero and others.

Don't speak ill of the dead.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Don't speak ill of the dead.

What the gently caress are you trying to say about Sister Act?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
And unofficially for Star Wars. That's an image floating around of her handwritten notes on her Empire Strikes Back script. Apparently, Lucas was always a hack and the only reason Han and Leia worked at all is because of the actors tweaking and in some cases outright changing their lines from what was in the script.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A New Hope was a mess until the editors fixed it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

On the other hand, 2017 will clearly be worse.

My top tv show for 2017 is Designated Survivor.

My dearest hopes for 2017 are also the tv show Designated Survivor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

My top tv show for 2017 is Designated Survivor.

My dearest hopes for 2017 are also the tv show Designated Survivor.

You're a big Ben Carson fan? A Carsonist?

• Locked thread