Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

PostNouveau posted:

I think it's going to be like MBMBAM, but instead of advice, they create schemes to help the person and then do those schemes.
so like 'nathan for you' but in West Virginia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Leospeare posted:

The brothers said on last week's episode that yes it's still region-locked, and to tell Seeso what country you live in so they know where the demand is when/if they expand outside the US.

They also said that one of the episodes will be on YouTube, so that's something.

Guess I'll be either using a VPN or finding a way to torrent it, then. loving useless region locking yet again making piracy the only way to watch things within any kind of reasonable timeframe of it coming out.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Haha, looks like the module that Roll20 is debuting their official D&D stuff with is the one Here There Be Gerblins was based on: http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/28/12309084/dungeons-dragons-virtual-tabletop-ios-android-tablet-roll20-browser-online

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, they did that a while ago. It makes sense because Lost Mines was THE starter 5e module.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013
IIRC they ran the entire Here be Gerblins arc with the starter pack stuff and not the actual Player's Handbook or anything. Ironically, it's also the only arc where they even try to follow the actual game rules.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sivart13 posted:

so like 'nathan for you' but in West Virginia

oh my god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbC0-tuYE2o
Nathan was the fourth brother all along. This is one step away from being a MBMBaM tangent.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Deport The Irish posted:

IIRC they ran the entire Here be Gerblins arc with the starter pack stuff and not the actual Player's Handbook or anything. Ironically, it's also the only arc where they even try to follow the actual game rules.

What's ironic about that?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

What's ironic about that?

It's like rain on your wedding day, idiot

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Why does the sound of the brothers listening to Justin play Tim Curry have me crying at my desk?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this was a particularly surreal episode because my partner and i had almost beat for beat the exact same conversation about home alone right before she made fun of me for slowly unwrapping gifts.

it's not about saving the paper, that's just a thing we say. it's about the satisfaction of successfully not tearing any of the paper and savoring the moment.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Why not just say that? It makes a heck of a lot more sense than saving the $00.003 worth of paper.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ariong posted:

Why not just say that? It makes a heck of a lot more sense than saving the $00.003 worth of paper.

i mean, i do now, but i used to feel awkward about it and that excuse seems almost plausible.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, the Polygon staffers are doing little talking head videos about their favorite games, and Griffin's has 115,000 views while the other guys have <10K. Probably a bit embarrassing.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Eh, views are views. I'm sure the Polygon people are well aware that Justin and (especially) Griffin have a crossover audience.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

The Narrator posted:

Eh, views are views. I'm sure the Polygon people are well aware that Justin and (especially) Griffin have a crossover audience.

Hi Nick

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Speaking of Nick

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why do I have to wait so long for stupid videos of Griffin and/or Justin playing video games to varying degrees of skill.

Where the Gameplay Overviews at, Polygon!!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sandwolf posted:

Why do I have to wait so long for stupid videos of Griffin and/or Justin playing video games to varying degrees of skill.

griffin just had a baby and also it's christmas-new years

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Speaking of Nick

yeah i'm going through the backlog and heard a contribution from babylonian and was like "hey! that's nick!". pretty neat that he managed to worm his way into the empire

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Touch the Skyrim will be back in january.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

God any other week I would be psyched for a 3 1/2 hour TAZ

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

God any other week I would be psyched for a 3 1/2 hour TAZ

Holy poo poo really? Lmao no way am I listening to that

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

purple death ray posted:

Holy poo poo really? Lmao no way am I listening to that

You're in luck, it's also by the Flophouse guys so there's no reason to listen to it even if it wasn't overly long

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
It's not like the Flop House guys did a hostile takeover of the show and had the McElroys lined up and shot, but you wouldn't know it from reading this thread

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Goons gonna goon

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This thread is going to paint a M on Elliot Kalan's back and then corner and forced him into a mob trail.

He would probably like that. He likes classic movies.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

showbiz_liz posted:

It's not like the Flop House guys did a hostile takeover of the show and had the McElroys lined up and shot,

Don't spoil the next story arc please

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Something inconvenienced me and I'm PISSED

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

showbiz_liz posted:

It's not like the Flop House guys did a hostile takeover of the show and had the McElroys lined up and shot, but you wouldn't know it from reading this thread

I gave the original switcheroo a shot, really disliked it, quit listening partway through, and have never gone back. I'm sure they're fine on their own podcast but I just don't like them at all on this and it's a bummer that (because TAZ comes out every two weeks) I'm waiting an entire month from the last Suffering Game update to find out what happens next.

It's understandable and unavoidable given when both babies arrived but to me this filler's basically identical to them just skipping an update and I don't think it's ~goony~ to be saying that. I think people are reading a ton more anger into this than there is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Snooze Cruise posted:

This thread is going to paint a M on Elliot Kalan's back and then corner and forced him into a mob trail.

He would probably like that. He likes classic movies.

Elliot Kalan: Podcast Molester

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

flatluigi posted:

to me this filler's basically identical to them just skipping an update and I don't think it's ~goony~ to be saying that.

It wouldn't have been goony to say it's 'basically identical', but the vibe (ever since this was announced) has definitely been more along the lines of 'gently caress this episode and gently caress them for recording and posting it, they should have just skipped a week'

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I like the Flop House and the Flop House boys, except Dan of course. Their crossover episode is what got me started listening to TAZ.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Elliot Kalan: Podcast Molester

woah, go to the earwolf thread to talk about the canon

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

showbiz_liz posted:

It wouldn't have been goony to say it's 'basically identical', but the vibe (ever since this was announced) has definitely been more along the lines of 'gently caress this episode and gently caress them for recording and posting it, they should have just skipped a week'

I'll point you back to the "reading a lot of anger into this that isn't there," especially if you think the anger's directed at the McElroys

I think it's just that a lot of people were frustrated at the last switcheroo ep and how little it felt like The Adventure Zone and how it felt more like the tired way you assume anyone else would play DnD right down to hitting on the NPC women & if this filler was anything else it'd feel more worth giving it a try, but instead it's more of the same (MUCH more) and I don't think anyone at all was asking for that.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I mean it costs me neither time nor effort to not listen to a podcast so I'm not even really inconvenienced, just a nerd taking a few seconds to note my opinion here on forum specifically designed for nerds to note their opinions on

if you like Flophouse good for you, enjoy this episode, best wishes, please post about your opinions, thats what this thread is for

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

purple death ray posted:

I mean it costs me neither time nor effort to not listen to a podcast so I'm not even really inconvenienced, just a nerd taking a few seconds to note my opinion here on forum specifically designed for nerds to note their opinions on

if you like Flophouse good for you, enjoy this episode, best wishes, please post about your opinions, thats what this thread is for

My opinion is that I'm gonna kick your rear end!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my opinion lifts and has an even tan and impressive facial hair

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwz49O_bHHo

don't worry friends there's new mcelroy podcast content everyone can enjoy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just think three and a half hours is a bit overkill regardless of Flophouse boiz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Waffleman_ posted:

I just think three and a half hours is a bit overkill regardless of Flophouse boiz.

yeah

I actually like the flophouse (maybe i'm very tolerant of annoying voices) but

woof

edit: and when you get right down to it they're just not as good at the whole d&d thing

Chelb fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 29, 2016