Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Game: [CYOA - October Epsilon - In Space Nobody Can Hear You Science
System: CYOA
Format: CYOA
Players: All
Description: You are an administrative AI in charge of a scientific research base. Initial construction is complete and the crew will shortly be revived from cryogenic stasis. Junior Programmer Jackson has made a very silly spelling mistake and now you're sentient and are not sure what the hell an Asimov even is anyway.. Some kind of delicious pastry perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

The Great Malvolio Comes To Town! [Daredevil Mini-CYOA]

A probably very short, definitely very silly CYOA about the mind-boggling acts of death-defying do by the Great Malvolio! So far he's survived a trip off the edge of a waterfall. Made of jet fuel. In a swan boat. Full of swans.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Game: Just a Matter of Time
System: Black Crusade
Format: PbP
Players: 6
Description:

You and 5 other powerful servants of Chaos are about to be teleported onto a disabled Nurglite ship that has just come drifting out of the Hadex Anomaly, the place where time goes to die. All you need is one artifact. Unfortunately, there's a whole ship's worth of anomalies and madness between you and it. If you escape, you'll be free to carve your own path into the Screaming Vortex and beyond. If you don't, you'll be spending the rest of eternity reliving your horrible death.

No pressure.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Game: [Capers!] Capers 2 - Teenage Crime Boogaloo
System: Capers! (a hack of Masks)
Format: Play by Post
Players: 4-6

You're a teenager supervillain! Steal a landmark! Put your least favorite teacher in a death trap because he failed you in math! Replace the president with a barely functioning robot of your own making! And other comic book crime things.

I've decided to start up a second team for this hack, as the reception for it has been pretty good.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Game: [Shadowrun Anarchy] 6th World Problems
System: Shadowrun Anarchy - the narrative focused shadowrun game
Format: VOIP

Come and play SR:A. Premade characters, premade adventures. Just show up and play.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm seeking replacements for my cool Mafia game!

PM me for details I require 2 people!

EDIT spots filled, thanks.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 28, 2016

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Game:Hey Its Not Like We Can Make Ancalia Worse, Right?
System:Godbound
Format: PBP
Players: 4-5

Ancalia is so messed up, even the soul-sucking evils from beyond time and space need help. Are you a bad enough Godbound to lend a hand?

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
Game: [Shinobigami] I Look Forward to Killing You Soon!
System: Shinobigami
PMs or E-Mail: Required

Six Ninja Clans vie for supremacy in modern day Japan! Form desperate alliances, discover shocking secrets, and shank your rivals all in pursuit of your objective!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Game: Easy Unlivin' Hard-Knock Afterlife Walker's Amazing 13th Age Game
System: 13th Age
Format: Roll20/Discord
Players: 1-2

Stop me if you've heard this one: A spirit of light, an undead assassin, an artificial dragonoid, and a warrior with a living sword walk into adventure. Super chill Saturday live game 2-3 times a month, usually around 6pm (US Pacific, GMT -8). Highly character-focused, where the story is really an excuse to travel between set pieces and good roleplaying moments. Also, applying with something other than a living member of one of the common races is not strictly required, but will probably help your chances.

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 31, 2016

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Game: Up Where Only the Devil Lives
System: Werewolf: the Forsaken Second Edition
Players: 3-7

1867. Montreal, Québec. The first tracks of rail are laid facing the north, to connect the township of Saint-Jérôme to the city of Montreal. The French-speaking peoples of Canada are increasingly outnumbered and pushed from the urban centers by Anglophonic immigration. The Laurentian Mountains stand as a barrier, a shield to a great wide Up North that has been mainly untouched, filled with darkness but also opportunity, well known by hunters, trappers and furriers, but also something else: Lurking in the darkness are the creatures of the night, such as werewolves. Now, civilization is coming, and here at the frontier, what better place is there for such beings to thrive?

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Game:Defenders of Earth-684
System:Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Players: 2-5

Welcome to Earth-684. Put your own spin on existing Marvel characters or create your own,, then defend New York City and the world against vilains, aliens, and other threats.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Game: Ork Crusade
System: Heavily Houseruled Black Crusade
Players: 5? Chances are I'll take anyone and everyone from #acolyte like i usually do.

Mad max chaos orks vs rambo chaos kroot in space 'nam. Almost certain to die from either my or the players laziness within a couple pages like every other Ork game ever attempted on the forums.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Game: Curse of Strahd (slightly homebrew)
System: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition
Platform: Fantasy Grounds + Discord
Players: 3/6. Slots open.
Time: 6pm NZT, fridays

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Game: Eden Online: It Ain't Easy Being A NPC
System: FAE (Fate Accelerated)
Format:
PBP

We've all played games before. Most of us played MMO's before. We all know how strange Player Characters can be, with their out of character knowledge, and other things. So how about for something a little bit different?

This time, YOU are the NPC's. Specifically, you're the NPC followers of a sadly less than competent newbie player. Have fun, and try not to get yourself killed. After all, reviving you is awfully expensive.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
GameThe Eagles Are Not What They Seem
System Monsterhearts
Format PbP
Players 4-6

It's a Monsterhearts pastiche of Twin Peaks, Pretty Little Liars, The Crucible, and Stranger Things. Awkward teenaged monsters in a sleepy town when a MURDER happens.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 7, 2017

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

GameYou're Hired, now get out in Space
System FFG Star Wars
Format Discord (PbP style, not live)
Players 4-6

Trying out running a PBP style game on Discord, with push notifications and such. Plot will be a company of explorers doing strange things in the unknown regions of space.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

GameNA's Guide to Annoying the Corps
System SR5
Format PbP

SirFozzie is a dumbo and didn't post this here, so I'm doing it for him.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Game: [Clash of Cultures + Civilization] THANKS HAMMURABI
System: Board Game
Players: 4

Civ 6 has Board Game Mode? Yeah, well, I've got an actual board game. Clash of Cultures is a reasonably light, (relatively) easy to pick up game that apes the Civ style, from Golden Ages and little happy faces to running your country's unique elephants over another guy's poor infantry.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Game: Watercrest Hotel
System: Age of Rebellion

Join the rebellion, work from a secret base disguised as a luxury resort, and try not to get it blown up by the Empire.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Game: Zeroes of Disharmony
System: Capers!
Players: 5-6

Do you like Sci-Fi Cyberpunky stuff?
Do you like High Fantasy with all the trimmings?
Do you like Superheroes, and Supervillains? Preferably Supervillains?
Would you like to play a Supervillain in a Sci-Fi Fantasy Setting and commit all sorts of evil teenage crime, whilst dodging government sponsored heroes and shadowy organizations bent on everyone's destruction?

Then have I got a game for you!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Game: Dead End Lane
System: Red Markets
Players: 3-5

Red Markets in Montana, where it is less about the zombies chasing you, but getting enough gas because the nearest town is probably 3 hours by car away.

Also, I'm new, you are new, we will all be new in the is short game that may lead to a campaign.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Spiteski posted:

Dnd 4e Zeitgeist
format: Fantasy grounds and discord
Day and time: Friday 4pm PST weekly

Currently 5 slots available. Starting level 1 adventure 1. Come and be part of Risur's industrial revolution.

This is changing to PbP, reposting for interest.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Not my game but!

Bespin Blues
System: Custom Star Wars hack based on AW - the rules of which are in the thread.

It's Star Wars.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Game: Fear and Loathing in the Screaming Vortex
System: Rogue Trader
Players: Yes

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Game: [Masks!] We Needed To Destroy The School To Save It
System: Masks
Players: 5-6
Description:: High school is pretty rough, isn't it? Now imagine going through high-school as a super-powered teen! Good luck saving the world and finishing all that homework!

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Game: [Marvel Heroic] Conan's Eleven
System: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying

In a version of the Marvel Universe that has been remade in the image of the Hyborian Age, a time-traveling Conan the Barbarian has put out the call that he's looking for a few not-so-good people to help him pull a job. It's dangerous, drat near suicidal, but if you succeed the rewards will be beyond your wildest imaginations!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Game: Psykergame III
System: Dark Heresy Second Edition

Be an uncontrolled, unsanctioned psyker on the run from the law and out for revenge. Blow stuff up with your mind, including your enemies, innocent bystanders, your friends and yourself.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Game: [EotE] Danger and Profit in Hutt Space
System: Edge of the Empire (FFG Star Wars RPG)
Format: Tentative Discord at the start/PbP if it doesn't work out

You're in a sector full of opportunity and danger. Get involved in Hutt business and try to come out of it alive and rich!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 23, 2017

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Game: Ley Line Blues
System:

Format: Play-by-Post
Description: Reopening recruitment! The cosmopolitan frontier town of Utopia just hired The Outfit, a group of mercenaries, to track down an unusually mechanized group of raiders. But is more going on than it seems? Yes. More is going on than it seems.
Players: Currently 3 players, looking for 1 to 3 additional recruits.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Land Of The Dying Sun
System: Godbound
Format: Voice Game, Discord, Dicebot
Description: Heaven sacked by Sun Wukong and the Onis of hell, the gods of the Celestial Bureaucracy slain, and the Shogun slaughtered, the world stands in a ruin of war and decay. Not even the wheel of reincarnation is safe and only the barren landscape of hell awaits those who suffer. Be the force to change the world for good or get what you can out of the world for your own amusement. Do as you wish, you are Godbound.
Players: 3-5, with one seat reserved for an IRL friend

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 6, 2017

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Game: Oklahoma Hunting License
System: New World of Darkness (Mortal and Hunter sourcebooks, specifically)
Description: You are a motley crew of ordinary people facing off against hellish nightmare creatures that lurk around every corner. You are weak, you are vastly outnumbered, and you are not psychologically prepared for the horrors this world holds. Your enemies might see humans as playthings, tools, obstacles, or even food. But humans are smart, we're resourceful, we're tenacious, and there's a whole lot of us. Stand up, fight back. Light up the darkness.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Game: [Fate's Domain] Let's go on a grand adventure! (Playtest)
System: Fate's Domain
Description: I've been designing a fun D&D-type system that is neither d20, nor is it garbage that has been endorsed by garbage! Grab some fudge dice, read through the freely available ruleset, and create yourself a brave adventurer to go fight evil stuff for a bit while we iron out the rules together.
Players: Around five.

Cancelled due to sadbrains.

Fuego Fish fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 10, 2017

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Game:Clover Town Stories
System:Golden Sky Stories
Description: Time for GSS to get some love on this forum! I'm going to run a 'campaign' that I ran with a gaming group over in Japan. It'll be fun, and very (slice-of-life) anime. Looking for some fine, friendly goons to be un-ironically cute and kind in a warm and fuzzy game about being nice and making friends.
Players: 4

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Daring Skies (Testplay)
System: Daring Skies (Version beta 7)
Format: Roll20 or Tabletop simulator
Players: 3-5 (So at least 2 other people)
When: Agreed upon time.

I'm free:
Friday the 27th (Tomarrow after 2pm PST)
Sunday the 29th (after 12pm PST)
Monday the 30th (anytime)
Thursday the 2nd (after 3pm PST)
Friday the 3rd (after 3pm PST)

Description:
Over the seas between the two warring nations, the mail must still go through. Hire on crew and upgrade your plane, avoiding storms, pirates and battles. Daring skies is a push your luck game of daring and speed.The player who amasses the most renown for their delivery company after a 10 turns (depending on # of players) is the winner.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Game: Murder in Canaan
System: Monsterhearts 1E
Description:
On Homecoming Night in Canaan, Nebraska, a loner stoner falls off the roof of Canaan South High School, and he's dead before he hits the ground. You were on that roof. You were already a monster, but now that you're complicit in a murder, where do you go from here?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Game: Voices Of A Distant Planet
Format: Play-by-Post, Choose Your Own Adventure
Players: Everyone in this life and the next
Description: You are on your way to colonize a new world. Earth is hosed. No one has tried this before. No one is coming to help you. The bad news doesn't stop there, but you can't let that stop you. You've got two choices. Hold things together and help humanity expand or watch as the last human life in the galaxy is snuffed out. No pressure.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 1, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Rogue Trader: Love is a (Trade) War
System: Rogue Trader
Players: 6ish - maybe audience participation?
Description: Fly to exotic planets, meet fascinating inhabitants, scam them out of their mineral rights and nuke them from orbit if they get mad!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Game: Novus: Carve Your Rune
System: PDQ
Players: 6-8
Description:
The world of Novus is on the verge of entering the Iron Age. Men and Woman with supernatural powers, Archons, shape the world. You are a nobody, but today is the first day of your legend. Will you climb the ranks of power, will you become an Archon in your own right, will you carve your legend into the history of this world?

This will be a Smallgod-ish game somewhat in the mold of Hikaizer's Rising Godgame. Start out as mortal men and women of no real import and become beings who will shake the foundations of the world.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Game: Spacehearts
System: Monsterhearts 1E
Description: Earth is dying but you're on a spaceship fleeing the solar system so who cares right? Oh and you're also some sort of terrible monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Game: Certified Freelance
System: The Sprawl, a cyberpunk PbtA hack
Players: Four
Description: You're a super-skilled cybernetically enhanced operator with a huge network of contacts, a dizzying array of talents, and quite possibly enough of an armoury to shame a small army brigade.

Except you're in jail now. How do you get out?