Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Echotic posted:

My package arrived bearing a strange foreign language, and clear instructions on where and how to open. Which my wife promptly ignored by cutting down the middle of the box.

Eh, I had the box cut down, so no big deal. It was more for in case customs would inspect that they'd open from the top and not the bottom. I'm glad to see it made it relatively safely (looks a bit smushed). The GT-Rs are also pull-back toys, so you and the kids can have fun with them as well. I did try my best to find a model of the Caldina, but either it's not made or my sources don't have it. I'm a sucker for 80's Japanese econoboxes as well, so it was a little difficult getting that model into the box.

Glad to hear you've at least got the grenade valve caps, as that was the one thing I couldn't find again. The Snoopy card holder is for the EasyCard/iPass cards that are used for public transportation here, but also children can keep their school ID in them as well. Otherwise, happy to hear you like the tea. It's a special blend of "high mountain oolong" from a specific mountain here in Taiwan. I don't know if you've made a batch yet, but I should've mentioned that the tea should be a light amber color when served, and you can usually get 2-3 "rounds" out of a single measure of tea.

iForge posted:

I had no list of who had who last year and did not have time to research it by thumbing through last year's thread. Looks like we have a few repeats this year, I'll do better next year to avoid that by keeping this year's match list to reference next year. Sorry for anyone who was disappointed by having the same person. Looks like YF19 Pilot did it right, though!

It did give a bit of motivation to make sure I didn't slack off this year! No worries, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

iForge posted:

I had no list of who had who last year and did not have time to research it by thumbing through last year's thread. Looks like we have a few repeats this year, I'll do better next year to avoid that by keeping this year's match list to reference next year. Sorry for anyone who was disappointed by having the same person. Looks like YF19 Pilot did it right, though!

Im not gonna complain, YF19 PILOT did an amazing job. Even more so because if not for you we wouldn't be doing this. Thanks a bunch for stepping up this year iForge.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I think all my santa's stuff should have been delivered by now, but the tracking number for the 2nd package shows an error when I check UPS. Hope it all got there. :ohdearsass:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Pschaw, I picked up working the 24th and 25th anyway.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

AISS package showed up a few days ago and I'm sorry I've been remiss in posting about it - not sure who my secret Santa is, but they sent a bitchin' Cadillac -V t-shirt which I have worn already, and a Cadillac lanyard that reminds me of high school in the 90s when all the cool kids had their keys on a lanyard hanging conspicuously out of their pocket. Either way, it's awesome, and I put spare keys on it. Thanks, Santa!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Pschaw, I picked up working the 24th and 25th anyway.

Not working tomorrow, but just got home from nine and a half hours today.

Triple time, best time.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
INTERNATIONAL CANDY SMUGGLER

A wild package arrives

With CONTRABAND

And CANADIAN COFFEE (cat is interested)

With a NOTE on it

Turn it over:

quote:

"Double-Double"
A.K.A. Crime Against Coffee
1. Make drip pot of Timmies'.
2. Use Wax Pencil to write time-of-brew on carafe.
3. Pour cup of coffee.
4. Add 2 creams (18%)
5. Add 2 sugars (packet=1/2 sugar)
6. Stir & write "DD" on mug with wax pencil.
7. Repeat n times where n is friends/family/co-workers.
8. "Enjoy"

The customs form said "pair of tools." I didn't know they'd be doing the unmentionable

Also, more candy and magazines! Despite not having a particular affinity for Fords, I have ended up owning a bunch of them, as well as drive them for work 12 hours a day, so I have absorbed Ford affinity through the osmotic process. And the DEUTSCHLAND plate will replace the (probably illegal) Washington front plate I have on the bus.

Thank you so much, FT! This must have cost a poo poo-ton in shipping! And it tripled the amount of presents under the tree. Also thanks for giving two of everything - :siren:my fiancee:siren: had a blast doing her Kinder Surprise. I've never had one, either.

This is amazing in a very good way.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Eh, actually, the shipping wasn't bad, probably about the same as what I spent on the candy and coffee.

Glad you like it. The magazines and catalog are a selection from a few boxes of (mostly Ford, obviously) magazines a coworker was throwing out. I was originally going to send you all of them but 50lbs is a lot of weight so all the remaining magazines got shredded and sent to the recyclers. That issue of Car and Driver is the oldest one from the lot.

The two-of-everything (mostly) theme came from your mentions of a fiance.

Those locking pliers are Mastercraft which is Canadian Tire's attempt at competeing with Craftsman. Generally good tools but I sent you two because there is a non-zero chance one of them won't survive a year and the other will never break.

If you notice the two white calendar papers thematically match with their notes and coincidentally just happened to be recent ones that fit the gifts.

Also, don't forget to eat the red Smarties last, it's important.

E: Drank 3 double-doubles today, most Canadians can't wake up properly without their cup of Tim's.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 25, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Bit late...

I got two boxes on two different days!

Inside...

.... Did we discuss Leviathan Awakes as a AI book of the month???? Noice :D

Thank you Wrar :).... and it's actually so far A Good Book for as much as I've read given the lack of time at Christmas.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Dec 25, 2016

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You're welcome. International shipping was pretty intimidating and you guys don't seem to have easily available online parts stores!

blk is a cool dude and I have photographic evidence:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Wrar posted:

You're welcome. International shipping was pretty intimidating and you guys don't seem to have easily available online parts stores!

blk is a cool dude and I have photographic evidence:

Your janky picture host doesn't support SSL, so it doesn't work for any of us using HTTPS to access the forums. Rehosted on imgur.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Bit late...

I got two boxes on two different days!

Inside...

.... Did we discuss Leviathan Awakes as a AI book of the month???? Noice :D

Thank you Wrar :).... and it's actually so far A Good Book for as much as I've read given the lack of time at Christmas.

I've been meaning to grab the books after I watched The Expanse and enjoyed it very much.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
to whom it may concern: you have to take the seven matching screws out of the lid before it will open.

kastein fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 26, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My box is on its way to its Santee in the Great White North.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I was an awful person and sent to my international goon on Wednesday. It should be there soon.

I also got some awesome stuff from Echotic. (a few days ago, I'm a slacker all around)

Let's go left to right.

First of all, hot sauce. I love me some hot sauce. So what is this? Wait....new NZ hot sauce? Has since been opened and tried and it's awesome. It's got the right hot and the right garlic mix to be righ up there on my top list. Thanks for making me want poo poo from the opposite side of the planet.

Middle. How in the hell was I not aware that there was a tool handle bottle opener before this? It's something I've needed my entire life but never knew was a thing. It will have a prominent spot in the shop.

Right. Neodidlium (spelling via AvE) magnet mine with an LED so you can stick it anywhere? Hells yes. Again I'm behind the time but this is super useful.

Thanks Echotic! You are a quality Santa.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Hey Santee, you get a chance to unbox your stuff yet?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Motronic posted:

Middle. How in the hell was I not aware that there was a tool handle bottle opener before this? It's something I've needed my entire life but never knew was a thing. It will have a prominent spot in the shop.

It's Klein too. They make great tools, I love my Klein wire strippers.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

Sorry, Santa-

I'm still literally patching walls in a dead person's house, but I'll post my goodies ASAP!

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

Motronic posted:

Thanks Echotic! You are a quality Santa.

No problem, glad you liked the hot sauce, which is available on Amazon if the need prevails.
There is a letter to come with a few bits and pieces but could take some time in the post.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

Sorry, Santa-

I'm still literally patching walls in a dead person's house, but I'll post my goodies ASAP!

Oh drat, you got that side of the passed relative duties. :(

I only had to write an obituary and do pall bearer duties last week for my grandma. No worries man, take your time and hope you enjoy your aissmass.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?

angryrobots posted:

So I found this on the front porch:

And I can only assume that somebody took this as a request:

LOL, that was unexpected, thanks Santa!

It's charging now. :911:

Glad you got it! It even arrived sooner than I thought. I admit I didn't have a ton of ideas, so when you said that earlier in the thread it seemed like it'd be fun. There's some more stuff arriving tomorrow too!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

keykey posted:

Hey Santee, you get a chance to unbox your stuff yet?

:same:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I've not received anything yet so if someone's waiting for me best check your tracking.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dear Santee in FL who hasnt received anything yet: I had to make a claim with ebay because I bought something on the 7th and it was never received. Sorry it took so long, but I mailed it out this morning and you should get it by Friday at the latest hopefully.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

DefaultPeanut posted:

My gifts in a box and are in my Santee's country! Hoping they are there before Christmas! Watching the tracking is agonizing!

Got a package from Canuckistan tedeeeeiiii:

Went ahead and cleared it through customs:

Let's see what's in her, eh?

TREATS

Aw poo poo this one needs a secondary inspection:

Sir, it was like that when it came through our facility:

Honda motorcycle O2 sensor?

A Busa! All I have to do is find it!

The tiniest pliers ever!

Money from Canadia!

A Honda tank badge!

loving

STICKERS

Bathroom material!

Thanks, DefaultPeanut! The Mrs. and I will have quite the time putting these stickers up and I'll be sure to post up a followup lift picture.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
:siren: DEADBEAT CUTOFF IS THE 31ST. :siren:

Send me your shipping confirmations. Yes, I mean you.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Thanks, mekilljoydammit! Tonight we ride with the devil :getin:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I live, I die, I....why always the fighting?

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

blk posted:

Thanks, mekilljoydammit! Tonight we ride with the devil :getin:

Oh thank goodness, I was afraid something happened with the shipping! And once I had the idea it was a great way to kick my rear end into gear on getting back into doing castings.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Looks 3d printed. I have the same file sitting around. Did you cast it?

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Adiabatic posted:

Got a package from Canuckistan tedeeeeiiii:
loving

STICKERS

Thanks, DefaultPeanut! The Mrs. and I will have quite the time putting these stickers up and I'll be sure to post up a followup lift picture.

Glad it got there! Can you tell I work on motorcycles? The O2 sensor is for a CBR1000, iirc. It functions the same as a standard heated narrow band. Just smaller! Use it, sell it, lasso something with it! If you need some more stickers down the road, just ask. I have plenty more where that came from!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Dear special international Santee - I ended up with some bulk restrictions on my package, so I had to leave out the really heavy stuff, but I hope you like what I sent!

You bet your awesome international rear end I do!

I had help unboxing...

Awesome swag

Hrnggggg talk dirty to me baby

Eh close enough :haw:

This was brilliant thank you Mr Wiggles! I guess I need to buy a rotary now hmm

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Looks 3d printed. I have the same file sitting around. Did you cast it?

Yup, it's investment cast out of 100% genuine Mazda RX-7 wheels.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

cakesmith handyman posted:

You bet your awesome international rear end I do!

I had help unboxing...

Awesome swag

Hrnggggg talk dirty to me baby

Eh close enough :haw:

This was brilliant thank you Mr Wiggles! I guess I need to buy a rotary now hmm

Happy Christmas! You're an honorary Nevadan now! :clint:

Mr. Wiggles fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 28, 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Cakeman is smaller and blonder than I expected.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

This is fantastic and I hope you keep it on there.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Happy Christmas! You're an honorary Nevadan now! :clint:

I can confirm the beer goes well with pork balti.

InitialDave posted:

Cakeman is smaller and blonder than I expected.

It's a big box.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This is fantastic and I hope you keep it on there.

That's my wife's car but tomorrow I'll see what it looks like on mine.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I was quite rudely awoken today to someone tossing a very large box onto my bed. Apparently it was making ominous clinking and sloshing sounds, so it had to be for me. :v: A brief arguement was had with the cat over who would be sitting in the chair in the living room before she was banished to the porch and I sat down to inspect this box.

Hmmm, it seems to have come from a Mr. Stein in far off land known as Massachusetts. Sounds cold and full of rusty jeeps and subarus. (Pardon the goon leg)

Inside a peace offering for the catte was found and I immediately tried to offer it to her. She refused it and glared at me. I may die tonight

A veritable cornicoupia of things!

A bottle of awesome scotch (god damned dude, you didn't have to do that. But thank you anyways.)
a pair of them there awesome lockin scandahovian nut lathes I've heard so much about (these will get much use. :toot:)
a badge off what appears to be the front grill of a mazda
a couple merc badges
letters spelling out avalanche that appears to have come off an actual avalanche
the back of some sort of alternator
An impressively destroyed piston and connecting rod (but what is it out of? It seems small to be automotive)
A bag of 11mm sockets to drive me insane every time I go for a 10mm
A pair of wax marking crayons
A very small spicer box with u-joint straps in it
Electrical tape and "dash plastic silencer tape"
Some form of cap for a cragar wheel
A strange pcb with nothing on it (It seems to have spots labeled p, n, r, d and fly... I think I know where this came from!)
2 brass rings that I'm unsure about
And 2 black sticks that are unknown.

Thanks santa. :toot:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 28, 2016

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Hey Santa, I'm a dickhead and have been outta town + moved etc etc. Rescheduled delivery @ the new address for tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Glad you got it! I wasn't entirely sure you had a cat or not. Hopefully the scotch will take the edge off those cat claws tonight.

The mazda badge was in fact off the front grill. Not sure what model, I grabbed it on a whim at the picknpull.

The merc badges came off... the back of a random merc (the only one I could find that no one else had stripped the badges from) and a 1950s 170 S-V. It's actually so old it's not even in the picknpull online inventory but should still be there if you want anything else off it.

The avalanche badges did in fact come off an avalanche.

Alternator back... good luck identifying that! :v: (It came off a powermaster motorsports 8102 I think? Which is actually something they built by lego-partsbinning random nippondenso alternator parts together. I proceeded to partsbin it even more by changing out the back cover and regulator for ones that suited our use-case, so that was kicking around my desk.)

The impressively destroyed piston and connecting rod are the well documented failure mode of the Subaru Justy EF12 engine. 14 and I found it, along with a large pile of other parts, in the back of a junked Justy in Washington. It does look too small to be automotive, but it is.

The 11mm sockets I saw at my local pawnshop and couldn't resist. My apologies.

The electrical tape is actually dry vinyl harness wrapping tape - it doesn't leave residue, you just wrap it tightly and it clings to itself. A roll that size should do a couple engine bay wiring harnesses or probably a lifetime of sound system installs. The only real downside to using it is you have to put a little electrical tape on the loose end to keep the whole harness from unraveling.

The wheel center is actually something random that got thrown into a previous AISS gift I received. I haven't found a use for it, so I figured I'd pass it on.

The PCB actually says where it came from on it :ninja: it's an obsolete prototype board from work that I designed, 4 layer, gold plated, and happened to be sitting on my desk when I packed your stuff up. It would have sat in the center console and determined which position the gearshift was in using Hall effect sensors mounted to the PCB.

The brass rings are transmission parts. I know exactly what they came out of... :iiam:

The black sticks are ferrocerium. I figured they would be entertaining, you can use them as survival flints (which was their original intended purpose) or mount them somewhere near the back of your car and throw some really amazing sparks anytime they drag on the asphalt. I wouldn't recommend this, but I don't think forest fires are a danger in florida.

• Locked thread