Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I knew he'd win you over completely eventually :D ex-Knicks are usually the best Knicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/813760030533095424

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EvanTH posted:

I knew he'd win you over completely eventually :D ex-Knicks are usually the best Knicks

I'm predisposed to like him because he's a local that doesn't appear to be an rear end in a top hat, but the rough shooting start from him and the rest of the team really bummed me out. Thankfully, between he, Hield, and Moore, the Pels usually have one hot hand going at the off guard spot to help chip in. If all off them are off, the Pels aren't winning a game.

----

https://twitter.com/pinwheelempire/status/813638839944105984

Lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I hope he does well except in his revenge games.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Happy that Pierre Jackson will get some NBA time and money

He was set in philly and blew out his Achilles like in the last summer league game. Sad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Here ya go, Evan:

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/813590288723771392

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

quote:

For years, NBA teams have sold 10-game plans for fans that don't want to commit to buying a whole season worth of games. On Tuesday, the Milwaukee Bucks will announce that they're offering a 10-win plan.

That's right, guaranteed wins.

In a package that will go on sale Tuesday through Jan. 11, the Bucks will sell fans a ticket pass for $149 that will begin on Jan. 13 against the Miami Heat and will be active until the Bucks win 10 home games. The location of the seats will vary from game to game, depending on what's available. Fans will get their ticket on the day of the game through the team's app.

I'd do that

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
One last Galloway tweet for you, Evan:

https://twitter.com/PelicansPR/status/813778844553478146

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

That's an interesting idea. Hopefully it succeeds.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Milwaukee pr killing it this year

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Meanwhile the Timberwolves are still wondering why they can't get people to come to games while ignoring everyone complaining about Flash Seats

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
What is a flash seat?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibner posted:

What is a flash seat?

All Twolves tickets have to go through a stub-hub-like website called flashseats, no more paper tickets. Except its a giant pain in the rear end. When buying from a scalper they have to now ask what phone you have and run you through a tutorial on how the app works.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lockback posted:

All Twolves tickets have to go through a stub-hub-like website called flashseats, no more paper tickets. Except its a giant pain in the rear end. When buying from a scalper they have to now ask what phone you have and run you through a tutorial on how the app works.

i love the idea of scalpers being like mac geniuses

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

On top of that, because Flash Seats are affiliated with the team, they can set a minimum price that the tickets can sell for (because the team wants you to buy unsold tickets instead) so season ticket holders can't even get rid of half the games they don't want to go to. And because you don't have a physical copy of the ticket you can't even give the drat things away to a friend or whatever if you just wanted to do that instead.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Lockback posted:

How do you show the gate people a ticket if it doesnt exist?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Unfortunately it is upper deck only otherwise I would totally do that deal. Upper deck at the Bradley Center is terrible.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

They scan your phone, or you go to the box office to get a ticket at the game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It's linked to an account in their app so you whip out your phone and they scan you in off of that, I think.

I can't say for sure, I stopped going to games when they put it in place last year.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hand Row posted:

Unfortunately it is upper deck only otherwise I would totally do that deal. Upper deck at the Bradley Center is terrible.

You just gotta pick a sideline seat between the time lines or free throw lines and view are great from balcony seats. Unless the Bradley center is just that terrible.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
You don't get to pick your seat, you get assigned each game. And the Bradley Center was built in the 80s for hockey.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Really hoping we get at least one game with Pierre and Barea on the floor at the same time.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

What is a flash seat?

It's a discretely curved seat designed so that seatback cameras can take regular upskirt, and when a sensor is covered by a lean, downblouse photos, which are then posted to the season ticket holders only premium site, with a dynamic url that's sent via text

Quite frankly, it's perverted and wrong, and the Timberwolves ownership and operations personnel should be censured by the league, until the site is either made public for all wolves fans or closed permanently

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 27, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't know if it was mentioned yet but KAT had a TS of 118% last night which disproves the theory that you miss every shot you don't take. Suck it Gretzky.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKWTqTPvZXc

The revolution will be televised.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Can Steph Taking Granny Halfcourt 3s Finally Make the Warriors a Good Team Again?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I always swipe the card I used to buy the tickets. Then they print up a ticket stub right there.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

It's about loving time that someone did it. "Hey, do I want to be a terrible free-throw shooter, or a good one? Hmm. I think I'd rather look cool and miss. Yeah, let's go with that."

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Good to see the underhanded shot. Mechanically it makes perfect sense for super huge dudes to get lower release and better arc shots.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm curious to see where he ends up. He's at 67% in the D-League on a small sample size. At least that's enough for hack-a not to make sense and a 10% improvement over his college FT%, but it'd be cool if he gets better at it.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

God bless him

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

KD is going to get so many calls his way going forward.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Jack's Flow posted:

It's about loving time that someone did it. "Hey, do I want to be a terrible free-throw shooter, or a good one? Hmm. I think I'd rather look cool and miss. Yeah, let's go with that."

I mean he's still not great, I think he went from ~48% to ~58%

e: 47% to 59%

But he only took 86 total free throws in college so eh

Worrell saying he went from bad to excellent is typical hyperbole from him though

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

aaaand Onuaku's back to the Vipers. Come on Morey, the people want underhanded free throws

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
For whom?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The new CBA has a stipulation that provides for a 'referee complaint hotline' that players can call.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The new CBA has a stipulation that provides for a 'referee complaint hotline' that players can call.

It's going to be a glorious day for NBA fans when some pissed off player leaks the number on twitter

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Found on the nba subreddit:

Embiid good

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Boogie goes up and throws down a monster dunk.
Reaches down to his sock, pulls a cellphone out, dials a number
"Please leave your message at the beep"
screams AND ONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Athanatos posted:

Boogie goes up and throws down a monster dunk.
Reaches down to his sock, pulls a cellphone out, dials a number
"Please leave your message at the beep"
screams AND ONE

Really excited for the first player to mime putting a phone up to his ear running back up the court when he thinks he's been fouled and it doesn't get called

• Locked thread