Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Box of Frogs
Feb 12, 2012

Ice To Meet You posted:

I'm going to start booting people out of Team Normals who never play anything. So if you're on PS4 and you're looking for a crew, there will be a couple of spots opening up.

I'll leave (PSN: DocPotterywood). The amount of play required to contribute anything significant to the crew just isn't something I have the time for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kaboobi posted:

If you bought an e-kit that was midi out, you'd need the PS3 MIDI Pro Adapter to use it on the PS3/PS4, and an Xbox MIDI Pro Adapter to use it on the 360. If you want to use the Xbox MIDI Pro Adapter on the Xbone, you'll need to also get one of the PDP adapter things that they don't make any more. Using it on the 360, you'd just need the MIDI Pro thing, they're available still:

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Rock-Band-Midi-PRO-Adapter/dp/B00409SOD2

This is exactly what I was looking for and is great news, thanks a ton.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
I played Rock Band 1 and 2 a lot on my 360 and just lost interest after a guitar broke. I picked up Rock band 4 on Black Friday for the PS4 and am a little bummed about the lovely track selection. I know I can't export from Xbox to PS due to some legal issues, but what are the chances of me being able to purchase and download the RB1 and 2 track lists direct from the music store? Would I have to buy the discs again for the PS3 and export it from there?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Hamlet442 posted:

I played Rock Band 1 and 2 a lot on my 360 and just lost interest after a guitar broke. I picked up Rock band 4 on Black Friday for the PS4 and am a little bummed about the lovely track selection. I know I can't export from Xbox to PS due to some legal issues, but what are the chances of me being able to purchase and download the RB1 and 2 track lists direct from the music store? Would I have to buy the discs again for the PS3 and export it from there?

The exports expired years ago because music licensing is a nightmare, so if you didn't do them already you can't do them now. There's currently no plans to put them on the store at the moment, either.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Kaboobi posted:

The exports expired years ago because music licensing is a nightmare, so if you didn't do them already you can't do them now. There's currently no plans to put them on the store at the moment, either.

This is not wrong, but one caveat. They get this request a lot from newer players and console switchers. And they've recently experimented with relicensing lapsed disc tracks. Namely with Chop Suey, which is now available for separate purchase in the music store. I doubt we'll ever see those old full disc exports again, but if Chop Suey sold well you could regain access to some of the more demanded tracks from them.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

Moundgarden posted:

Man I thought my 920 on pro was impressive, well done hot drat

Got 998 on Pro too but double hit issues with cymbals that I just cannot fix even with cymbal stands to eliminate all possibility of cross talk made it just too un-fun. Maybe someday if I ever get a Roland kit or something I'd go back to it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Vildiil posted:

Got 998 on Pro too but double hit issues with cymbals that I just cannot fix even with cymbal stands to eliminate all possibility of cross talk made it just too un-fun. Maybe someday if I ever get a Roland kit or something I'd go back to it.

Is there a problem with rapid hits on the stock RB4 drums? This is rather frustrating, for the life of me I absolutely cannot hit any quick rolls with more than 2 hits because I will inevitably get an extra hit somewhere (the triplets in Thnks fr th Mmrs where it's 3x blue + 1x kick is the one I can think of off the top of my head). Works in practice mode just fine when slowed down, but at full speed I have literally nevermanaged to hit all the notes in those passages a single time and it is not without trying.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Box of Frogs posted:

I'll leave (PSN: DocPotterywood). The amount of play required to contribute anything significant to the crew just isn't something I have the time for.

You play a lot! I'm talking about people who have played like 2 songs ever.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Moundgarden posted:

Is there a problem with rapid hits on the stock RB4 drums? This is rather frustrating, for the life of me I absolutely cannot hit any quick rolls with more than 2 hits because I will inevitably get an extra hit somewhere (the triplets in Thnks fr th Mmrs where it's 3x blue + 1x kick is the one I can think of off the top of my head). Works in practice mode just fine when slowed down, but at full speed I have literally nevermanaged to hit all the notes in those passages a single time and it is not without trying.

The stock drums are kind of not great and if you haven't already you should update the firmware on them. That'll help alleviate some of the pad issues but the kick is still loving garbage.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I got the rivals band in a box bundle on sale recently from Amazon since I've been using instruments from rb2 and Beatles and the PDP drums are an enigma. I can hit rolls easily on them, but it seems to be really lousy when I have to hit two pads at once and frequently doesn't register one of them. It's only partially frustrating because I don't really care about my drum scores and overall they're more responsive than my rb2 drums, but, man, you think they could have nailed the hardware by this point.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008

Kaboobi posted:

gently caress, that sucks. 1 and 2 had a great song listing.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

flakeloaf posted:

The usual response to the "what instruments" groaning is the very correct claim that people want to buy popular party songs that are currently relevant. When that argument fails because the songs in question are from 2011, 2013 and grandma's musty box of 8-tracks, what's the fallback position?

Learn to sing

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah, I'm nearly a decade late to the Rock Band 3 party, but does anybody have a list of the best (or just better-than-most) keyboard DLC songs? I know that some probably won't even still be available to buy, but I want to get an idea of what to get once my keyboard gets here, and keys is really the only reason I bought RB3 at all.

e: V Thanks! I figured there was still a site like that around but a cursory Google search pulled up nothing.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 24, 2016

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah, I'm nearly a decade late to the Rock Band 3 party, but does anybody have a list of the best (or just better-than-most) keyboard DLC songs? I know that some probably won't even still be available to buy, but I want to get an idea of what to get once my keyboard gets here, and keys is really the only reason I bought RB3 at all.

Here you go, just sort by rating as well as keys and you're good to go. Admittedly played basically no pro keys myself, so I don't really have much of a personal recommendation to give.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

...a lot of the songs near the top of that "ratings" list are deeply unfun keys charts that are only popular because they are noodly impossible TTFAF bullshit.

Actual good keys songs:
  • "A White Shade of Pale"
  • Most of Queen
  • Most of Imagine full album
  • "Burning Down the House"
  • "Tuesday's Gone"
  • Obviously both Billy Joel packs
  • "Maybe I'm Amazed" (but neither Paul McCartney pack)
  • February Heartache Duets' Pack - Includes "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" as the list suggests
  • The Roy Orbison pack that supports keys
  • "Hard Rock Hallelujah"
  • :siren:"Take On Me":siren:
  • "Unbelievable"
  • The Coldplay pack is worth it for keys in my opinion
  • "Fireflies" depending on your tolerance level for that song
  • The Kenny Loggins songs
  • Jukebox The Ghost songs in RBN
  • Also in RBN, the Super Meat Boy songs (under "dB Soundworks")

Also all keys players should buy "Super Bad" by James Brown because of its unusual chart; all the notes in the impossible-looking solo are flagged as glissando, turning the solo into a sort of precursor to Freestyle mode. You can slam your face into the keyboard and still get a miraculous FC and impress your friends. As an additional oddity it's one of the few songs where the normal Keys chart is tiered harder than the Pro Keys chart because normal Keys doesn't support glissando.

vvv"Runaway" is also fun even if it's kind of braindead. The keys chart is a points powerhouse if you enjoy getting 500k on your own and running circles around the singer. I haven't touched the other Bon Jovi songs on keys in years but I seem to recall from my efforts to GS all pro keys that they were the frustrating kind of charts where it's very sparse and you spend ages building a combo and then lose it over and over on a sudden note cluster or a single grace note snuck in.

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Dec 26, 2016

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I really enjoyed Runaway by Bon Jovi on Pro Keys. It was relatively easy and repetitive but fun to play.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I've narrowed my big two down to Take on Me and I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight to start with, and any other 80's new wave/pop I can find. Eventually some Roy Orbison and John Lennon when I'm confident enough in my key playing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I got an Xbone for Christmas and I'm looking to snag Rock Band 4. All my RB3 gear still works fine but I see the adapter isn't being made? Or is it just the fancy pants drum kits adapter? It looks like the latter but I'm just making sure.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I am so glad I got the ion adapter for Christmas. And I have a week off of work.

Now if I can get my six year old to really learn the plastic guitar and my seventeen month old to sing instead of screaming.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Ultimate Mango posted:

and my seventeen month old to sing instead of screaming.

Good luck with that, my two-year-old can't even carry a tune. Doesn't stop him from trying though. :)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I somehow missed that the ion adapter was up for preorder and missed getting one, but I think I'm more annoyed that they haven't bothered to remove the link from their store page.

They deactivated the page it leads to, but didn't bother to remove the main link.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Spoeank posted:

I got an Xbone for Christmas and I'm looking to snag Rock Band 4. All my RB3 gear still works fine but I see the adapter isn't being made? Or is it just the fancy pants drum kits adapter? It looks like the latter but I'm just making sure.

There are two adapters for using 360 instrument controllers on Xbone. The one that's become nearly impossible to obtain is PDP's wired adapter for fancy pants Ion/eKit drums. The other one, MadCatz's wireless adapter, is for wireless 360 controllers like RB3 guitars/drums and Guitar Hero controllers. It is theoretically still available, although I see Amazon is currently out of stock. Neither adapter is still produced, so grab either that you find while you can. But if you just want to use your old wireless guitar, you should have more hope than the poor bastards who want to use their Roland eKits. Good luck!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I hate to be that guy, but I looked to the OP and didn't see an answer. I just got Rock Band Rivals for the PS4, is there a way to get my Rock Band 3/2/1 song packs I downloaded for the PS3 imported?

Edit: Maybe I need to buy the RB3 export back to get them?

Dog Faced JoJo fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 28, 2016

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Rock Band 3, assuming you have any playtime/achievements on your profile, you should have the option to purchase the export in the in-game Music Store under the Exports heading. As for RB1/2 (and any other exports/non-pulled DLC for that matter), assuming you already purchased the exports for those last gen, you should already have the entitlements and be good to download them, wherever that may be on PS4 (Xbone player here, so not entirely sure where that would be). If not already purchased (regarding exports, not DLC), then you're unfortunately poo poo out of luck as the licenses have expired.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 28, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beelzebozo posted:

There are two adapters for using 360 instrument controllers on Xbone. The one that's become nearly impossible to obtain is PDP's wired adapter for fancy pants Ion/eKit drums. The other one, MadCatz's wireless adapter, is for wireless 360 controllers like RB3 guitars/drums and Guitar Hero controllers. It is theoretically still available, although I see Amazon is currently out of stock. Neither adapter is still produced, so grab either that you find while you can. But if you just want to use your old wireless guitar, you should have more hope than the poor bastards who want to use their Roland eKits. Good luck!

Thanks, appreciate it! It looks like amazon got some in stock so I snagged one. Thanks for your help.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I've narrowed my big two down to Take on Me and I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight to start with, and any other 80's new wave/pop I can find.

Don't skip "Working for the Weekend." The Keys part is really insipid on "Freeze-Frame" though.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I guess Blue by Eiffel 65 got pulled due to licensing issues then? I'm not seeing it listed as a current song on any list and it looked fun to play :(

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

It should still be on RBN?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Okay, I just looked it up and apparently there's a Rock Band Network 2.0 which I assume is user-created custom DLC, and it's separate from the official RBN 1.0 list. The Eiffel 65 song is on 2.0, not 1.0.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
RBN was always user-created DLC, the only difference with 2.0 as far as I know is that the songs allowed for the new RB3 features (harmonies/keys/pro drums).

the Eiffel 65 song is right here if you're on 360, no idea about PS3.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Blue was the first RBN 2.0 song IIRC.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

King Vidiot posted:

Okay, I just looked it up and apparently there's a Rock Band Network 2.0 which I assume is user-created custom DLC, and it's separate from the official RBN 1.0 list. The Eiffel 65 song is on 2.0, not 1.0.

RBN started during RB2 and continued into RB3.

1.0 was base 4 instruments, 2.0 had keys and harmonies.

Customs are a whole different bag.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Blue was the first RBN 2.0 song IIRC.

It was! It also carries some weird bug that makes it appear in story mode setlists if you go back and play RB1.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
Hey guys, tonight is HoC season 2 finale. If you are a nerd I'd suggest reading the teaser a group of cool guys did this week and if you're into the sort of music that plays at parties, drop by and you won't be disappointed. ;)

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

They need to stop charting the goddamn hype guy to harmonies mode. At this point it's not even a cheesy funhaver decision but straight-up bad charting that makes the song worse because it removes overdrive opportunities and they're cutting short the real 3-part tubes so you can go "yeah!" at yourself.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Orange Harrison posted:

They need to stop charting the goddamn hype guy to harmonies mode. At this point it's not even a cheesy funhaver decision but straight-up bad charting that makes the song worse because it removes overdrive opportunities and they're cutting short the real 3-part tubes so you can go "yeah!" at yourself.

True, but you've buried the lede a bit as well. What they need to do is stop charting songs that have a "hype guy" in them.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

farottone posted:

Hey guys, tonight is HoC season 2 finale. If you are a nerd I'd suggest reading the teaser a group of cool guys did this week and if you're into the sort of music that plays at parties, drop by and you won't be disappointed. ;)

Thanks to the popularity of House of Cards, Google cannot figure out what show this is. I am interested, but what is the show?

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
House of Customs, good only if you're not Xbox One/PS4 yet. ;)

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
For the record, while I Don't Feel Like Dancing is pretty great, She's My Man from the same album is even better. If we ever get House of Customs 3, that song should totally make the cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

farottone posted:

House of Customs, good only if you're not Xbox One/PS4 yet. ;)

I have a 360 but never got into the custom thing. Maybe I should have. Not sure if the 360 even works any more.