Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

looking at the "read" shelf on my goodreads, which i think i last updated in 2011

i gave plato's republic two stars

good call op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

obviously you were lying to impress people

i also put middlesex on here which i am almost positive i never ever read so i think you're right

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

i also put middlesex on here which i am almost positive i never ever read so i think you're right

you should it's got good prose

it's also problematic because can eugenides speak authentically to the non-cis experience

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

boner confessor posted:

they go to the library if they can and if not, they're hosed

figured as much

i built my little cousins a new pc for christmas mostly to watch those people playing minecraft videos that are all the rage but they were talking about how they had to go to their grandma's house in order to do their homework

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
rip feminism thread, you were born an insular clubhouse megathread nobody will post in until it drops to the second page

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

boner confessor posted:

rip feminism thread, you were born an insular clubhouse megathread nobody will post in until it drops to the second page

that's not true

trolls will post in it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the tsa physically checked my bag at the airport and they ended up folding my clothes nicer then i did so thanks tsa i guess

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
:ohdear: What thread will 2016 claim next?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hollismason posted:

:ohdear: What thread will 2016 claim next?

If were lucky EuroPol.

I doubt were going to be so lucky though.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4HUJBK/

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

semi-tangential but how do kids who don't have computers at home do any of their homework these days since everything's online

If they're lucky their school will lend a computer to them which will then spy on them after school and get them suspended for breaking school rules while at home.

If they're not lucky they don't do their homework period

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Furnaceface posted:

If were lucky EuroPol.

I doubt were going to be so lucky though.

whats wrong with europol?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/mikefossey/status/813839157332246528

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

Now that reading about politics makes me want to put a bullet in my head, can anyone suggest a new hobby?

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

My meltdown:

I don't read enough books, but I play a lot of games. The Total War series had a mechanic with spies. Plant them in enemy territory, and they would spread rumors and lower loyalty. This caused revolts and made it easier to capture and hold the territory yourself. Is this what's going on now? Any minutely political discussion on Facebook is immediately beset by at least one right-wing troll, using dog-whistles and ad-hominems to attack the views of anyone else reading. I had hoped these were troll accounts, opened relatively recently, but they are as legitimate as any other account. These are true believers, programmed to pick fights online and sow dissent. To what end?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Extensive Vamping posted:

Now that reading about politics makes me want to put a bullet in my head, can anyone suggest a new hobby?

games, drugs, watching and catching up with the newest television fad

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

trolls are out for entertainment, literally any reaction is funny enough to make them continue

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

logikv9 posted:

games, drugs, watching and catching up with the newest television fad

--Drugs, in rehab. Sounds good otherwise.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

trolls are out for entertainment, literally any reaction is funny enough to make them continue

Bigger picture, with Russia confirmed to be meddling in the election in multiple ways. What is the end game?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bigger picture, with Russia confirmed to be meddling in the election in multiple ways. What is the end game?

The intro video for the homefront video game

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending
rodney the racehor

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

Volkerball posted:

The intro video for the homefront video game

A+, not bad. C&C Generals is funnier though.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

rodney the racehor

has it really almost been a year since we first met rodney the racehor?

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

time flies and yet, stands still

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

rodney the racehor

Had a very funny nos

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i've had so much trouble getting a reservation at this pizza place over the last year that at this point it's less about the food and more about defeating the restaurant by actually getting a table

time flies and yet, stands still

so, time is the opposite of a keet

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i remember when i was in fourth grade and we had to sing that song that's like "walk right in, sit right down, baby let your hair hang down" at the annual concert but the principal was super christian and really into scourging the moral menace that was "boy-girl relationships" as she put it and that lyric was too suggestive for her so we had to sing "daddy let your hair hang down" instead

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:eyepop:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i remember when i was in fourth grade and we had to sing that song that's like "walk right in, sit right down, baby let your hair hang down" at the annual concert but the principal was super christian and really into scourging the moral menace that was "boy-girl relationships" as she put it and that lyric was too suggestive for her so we had to sing "daddy let your hair hang down" instead

in fourth grade i was in a class production of 'much ado about nothing' as the henchman who ends up loving a lady on a balcony. i had a black cape and a chance to ham it up with lines gloating over having innocent passerby's witness to my lovemaking and i loved it

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

"Confirmed" by the same people who bought us incubators in Kuwait, WMDs in Iraq and the horseshoe plan.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
when I was in the third grade, i thought i was gay cos i could draw

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
people are too mean to macklemore

there, i said it

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason why that isn't anti-semitic

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/redlettermedia/status/781583123763036160
owned

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason why that isn't anti-semitic

He told a lie

Although now that I think about it didn't Pinocchio have an armband

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

My meltdown:

I don't read enough books, but I play a lot of games. The Total War series had a mechanic with spies. Plant them in enemy territory, and they would spread rumors and lower loyalty. This caused revolts and made it easier to capture and hold the territory yourself. Is this what's going on now? Any minutely political discussion on Facebook is immediately beset by at least one right-wing troll, using dog-whistles and ad-hominems to attack the views of anyone else reading. I had hoped these were troll accounts, opened relatively recently, but they are as legitimate as any other account. These are true believers, programmed to pick fights online and sow dissent. To what end?

they are very angry about things, and don't really have an outlet for it in real life, so they seek out arguments on the internet

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

What the gently caress

So his idea for a disguise was to dresss up in a bowl cut, long nose, and beard then later he's like " Oh that was offensive to Jewish people, my bad."

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

My meltdown:

welcome to politics

• Locked thread