Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Octatonic posted:

One of the things I've learned over my experience with feminist and anti-racist action is that my middle class white upbringing emphasized neither patience nor empathy. Your questions will be addressed, if you look for them, but accept that your interests are not going to be prioritized. Cool it, and accept that you pissed someone off on the Internet. Listening more, and talking less, is something that proletarians, women, ethnic and racial minorities, and queer people are all forced to learn in certain situations. I invite men itt to try it out too. It's not always a bad thing.

Cool. I'll take a hypothetical number in the online open discussion thread.

I'm brown, raised poor, mostly in Mexico by a single mother, and have faced plenty of prejudice, but please tell me more about how I'm acting privileged.

Tried asking legit questions and got booed out. Y'all enjoy your exclusive thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Frijolero posted:

Cool. I'll take a hypothetical number in the online open discussion thread.

I'm brown, raised poor, mostly in Mexico by a single mother, and have faced plenty of prejudice, but please tell me more about how I'm acting privileged.

Tried asking legit questions and got booed out. Y'all enjoy your exclusive thread.

Jesus christ again with your loving feelings. You are not a feminist so it should not be this goddamn shocking to you that your demands are not a high priority in a feminist conversation. Do you go into hockey threads and throw fits about not liking hockey?

And intersectionality exists you loving pigheaded moron. You might get "booed" less if you read a loving book once in a while.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
legit tho this thread's going to be terrible if it goes from the feminist thread to the tiny brontosaurs repeatedly insults any and everyone who disagrees with them thread. please relax

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

What do some of you think about the gap between the second wave feminists and the third wave?

Maybe I can make this more concrete. I'm married to a wonderful person educated as a feminist religion scholar. In our conversations on the subject she always seems to talk about a element of judgement and pressure from the second wave. Sort of a, if you don't strive for the job or the tenure and you have the ability to you are letting women down as a whole, even if what you want is something else. Is that a common experience?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boner confessor posted:

legit tho this thread's going to be terrible if it goes from the feminist thread to the tiny brontosaurs repeatedly insults any and everyone who disagrees with them thread. please relax

Thanks for your hot tip, noted feminist Popular Thug Drink. I've made more substantial posts in this thread than most people, but never mind any actual content, you've got a chance to scold a woman!

BrandorKP posted:

What do some of you think about the gap between the second wave feminists and the third wave?

Maybe I can make this more concrete. I'm married to a wonderful person educated as a feminist religion scholar. In our conversations on the subject she always seems to talk about a element of judgement and pressure from the second wave. Sort of a, if you don't strive for the job or the tenure and you have the ability to you are letting women down as a whole, even if what you want is something else. Is that a common experience?

I have started to really hate the whole "wave" thing. It makes feminism sound like a monolith when it isn't - as was mentioned earlier, white feminism doesn't have much to do with the feminist activism of women of color, and the history of white feminism is not the history of feminism. Some women focus on breaking glass ceilings, which is good, some women focus on sexual politics, which is good, some women focus on domestic abuse, which is good, some women focus on representations of women in media, which is good. Saying "only focus on the thing I care about the most" is bad.

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 28, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BrandorKP posted:

i wonder how much of this can be separated from generational politics - my aunt was a super driven career woman who was always down on my cousin for her lack of ambition. i always saw it more as a boomer/gen-x thing expressed through feminist discussion rather than something wholly within feminist ideology

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Thanks for your hot tip, noted feminist Popular Thug Drink. I've made more substantial posts in this thread than most people, but never mind any actual content, you've got a chance to scold a woman!

you're going to drive people out of this thread with your extensively documented history of being absurdly hostile to everyone you can be hostile towards and it'll be kind of fun to watch

i mean you can frame me as "scolding a woman" if you want to avoid the responsibility of your own actions but i'm chiding you, personally, for vomiting your individual, personal anger management issues all over a discussion you allegedly care about and making it toxic

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

BrandorKP posted:

I really really want to post about this, but it'll probably tomorrow, as I'm busy tonight. There is imo a strong personal vs class interest dialectic as feminist movements interacted and interact with each other. I personally can attest to a pretty frustrating feeling of gendered double bind with regards to my participation in activism, my obligations to my mental health, and my personal motivations and desires in life. While the personal is political, you've got obligations to yourself too, and poo poo is hard.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boner confessor posted:

i wonder how much of this can be separated from generational politics - my aunt was a super driven career woman who was always down on my cousin for her lack of ambition. i always saw it more as a boomer/gen-x thing expressed through feminist discussion rather than something wholly within feminist ideology

you're going to drive people out of this thread with your extensively documented history of being absurdly hostile to everyone you can be hostile towards and it'll be kind of fun to watch

i mean you can frame me as "scolding a woman" if you want to avoid the responsibility of your own actions but i'm chiding you, personally, for vomiting your individual, personal anger management issues all over a discussion you allegedly care about and making it toxic

I am going to drive trolls out of this thread, yes I am. I've been around here for a good while now and do you know that I can't recall ever seeing you make a substantive post about a civil rights issue even once? The only thing I've ever seen you say, be it about BLM, feminism, LBGTQ rights, anything, is that the people working on those issues are doing it wrong. What you see as my "individual, personal anger" is actually actual thoughts I have that I put into words that you've never bothered to read once, because to you the world is divided into the obedient and the disobedient and you get to decide who's who. I think you hate civil rights talk so much because your ears always start burning.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

boner confessor posted:

"going to"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I am going to drive trolls out of this thread, yes I am. I've been around here for a good while now and do you know that I can't recall ever seeing you make a substantive post about a civil rights issue even once? The only thing I've ever seen you say, be it about BLM, feminism, LBGTQ rights, anything, is that the people working on those issues are doing it wrong. What you see as my "individual, personal anger" is actually actual thoughts I have that I put into words that you've never bothered to read once, because to you the world is divided into the obedient and the disobedient and you get to decide who's who. I think you hate civil rights talk so much because your ears always start burning.

yeah i could be a sexist racist misogyinst homophobe in your eyes but anyone who checks your rap sheet can see your history of going full on attack mode at the slightest criticism. i wont bother responding to you again because this is just going to go on in circles but ironically you're perpetuating some of the really bad behavior you criticize others for because of a general inability/lack of desire to keep your hostility in check, and i'm really taking the time to point this out as a Public Service for people who would otherwise like to participate in the discussion

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I've been around here for a good while now and do you know that I can't recall ever seeing you make a substantive post about a civil rights issue even once?

Same. Other then you using civil rights as a bludgeon.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

boner confessor posted:

yeah i could be a sexist racist misogyinst homophobe in your eyes but anyone who checks your rap sheet can see your history of going full on attack mode at the slightest criticism. i wont bother responding to you again because this is just going to go on in circles but ironically you're perpetuating some of the really bad behavior you criticize others for because of a general inability/lack of desire to keep your hostility in check, and i'm really taking the time to point this out as a Public Service for people who would otherwise like to participate in the discussion

TB is cool and good and has posted some really amazing things so far that have been discussed substantially (see: The Politics of Housework)

Meanwhile, judging by the hilarious racism and weird attack dogging you've got in your rap sheet, perhaps you may want to pull that two by four out of your eye first.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TB might go too hard out sometimes but she's coming from a decent place, whereas it would be extremely cool and good if you would just go get hit by a bus, thanks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Sharkie posted:

And thanks for the notes on The Second Sex btw, though I'm also not sure how "transcendant" is being used in it; did you ever clear that up?
Transcendent is an existentialism term. I looked back and even in my notes I said if anyone could explain it better I'd like to hear. But in general she uses it in context of like "humans transcend their biology" and transcendence as an ongoing "project" where a person strives toward existential validation through something outside of themselves (usually this includes defining yourself as a subject in relation to some other object that you have achieved dominion over. which makes a lot of sense when we read about objectification today but man that is deep stuff to come up with for the time)

quote:

Because man is transcendence and ambition, he projects new demands with each new tool: after having invented bronze instruments, he was no longer satisfied with developing gardens and wanted instead to clear and cultivate vast fields. [66]

I think a big thing about Trump, any aspect of his success, is that he was just more than we were prepared for. You can build a ten-foot floodwall but if a twenty-foot wave comes you're hosed. The things he said and did were so outrageous that our usual process of tut-tutting in the press wasn't sufficient. We couldn't create a sense of scale to illustrate how much worse he was than a normal candidate, especially to conservative voters who are used to hearing everyone's Stalin-Osama-Hitler.
I've been thinking about the gish gallop a lot lately. Trump and his ilk absolutely gish galloped every time they opened their mouths, so by the time you've responded to one horrible thing they've said 10 more.

quote:

One of the reasons sex-positivity is a big deal in feminism even though it makes the marxoteens screech with fury is that a world that can't imagine women ever desire sex is a world where women are not safe. There's no way to explain that a woman didn't want sex if your worldview tells you women never want sex. That reduces rape to a question of whether the woman "belonged" to the man or not. Recognizing and learning to articulate your desire helps you articulate the lack of it too.
I had not thought about this. Especially the line "There's no way to explain that a woman didn't want sex if your worldview tells you women never want sex"

I've struggled with this the opposite way too. Like, I rarely to never get catcalled. But I believe women when they say they do regularly, and I see it happening to others. So if men want sex all the time, then I must be really unattractive somehow if they don't bother catcalling me. If men are supposed to want sex all the time, then this man not wanting to have sex with me (even though he seems to enjoy my company other ways) must mean there's something wrong with me.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
I would also like to add that I had a major feminist awakening when I caught the tail end of the LF feminism thread and saw that it consisted of men trying to shout down women about how wrong they were and the women couldn't get a word in edgewise. In their own thread.

So that served a purpose.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Jesus christ again with your loving feelings. You are not a feminist so it should not be this goddamn shocking to you that your demands are not a high priority in a feminist conversation. Do you go into hockey threads and throw fits about not liking hockey?

And intersectionality exists you loving pigheaded moron. You might get "booed" less if you read a loving book once in a while.

You're once again trying to chase out everyone who has the slightest disagreement with you, even if you share 99.9% of the same opinions. Asking questions of TB, or challenging something TB says, or disagreeing with TB, isn't inherently trolling or bigotry. Pretending that it is destroys the chance of discussion/learning happening in this thread. I think you post plenty of valuable stuff, and you're pretty much always on the 'right' side of a given issue, but the constant abuse, calls to suicide etc. can't keep happening. This isn't an issue of 'civility', it's an issue of totally disproportionate reactions that make (genuine) people afraid to post in case they accidentally disagree with you.

I'm going to quote Ozma here, because her description of your posting from nearly four years ago is still spot-on:

Debbie Metallica posted:

I let you go for several pages because I actually agreed with the fact that what was originally said was dumb and deserved to be called out, which is what I said previously too, but you've already indicated that you're putting people on ignore and apparently intend to hound everyone in here anytime they post so I'm stuck. I've also received a slew of PMs today asking that I do something about this, because it is a repeated problem and people are now asking me why an admin is just sitting there watching this unfold over and over without putting a stop to it.

I'm not at all thrilled by the idea of calling you out on the mat over this particular discussion when you really are in the right but once again your anger has so completely dominated everything that it's the Slashie/Mighty Mitochondria/Influence Device thread, not the Feminism thread. You have perfectly rational ideas that are muddied immediately by your inability to engage civilly on any front whatsoever unless you're in complete control of the conversation.

I really wish we could have you continue to participate but I don't know how much clearer I can be when I tell you to dial back the vitriol time and time again. When I have discussed this with you before, your response has been that I've "misunderstood" your sense of humor or that I am attacking you because I have a personal issue with you, but I think - based upon the fact that you generate reports or PMs to an admin nearly every time you post in this thread or anywhere, really - the time has come for me to issue a final warning to dial down the vitriol and personal attacks before I ask you to step out of the thread.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Seems like a lot of projection on your part tbqh.

But yea sentencing disparity in the legal system between men and women is at least tangentially related to your creepily specific concerns, so can we discuss that instead?

Don't post in this thread

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Defenestration posted:

I've been thinking about the gish gallop a lot lately. Trump and his ilk absolutely gish galloped every time they opened their mouths, so by the time you've responded to one horrible thing they've said 10 more.

It's not helped by the fact that Americans have regularly called people they disagree with Nazis for a long time now. So when someone with actual fascist tendencies strolls in, people aren't listening because the boy cried wolf too many times. Besides, Trump isn't Adolf Hitler anyway. He's obviously Silvio Berlusconi with nukes.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

2017 exmarx posted:

You're once again trying to chase out everyone who has the slightest disagreement with you, even if you share 99.9% of the same opinions. Asking questions of TB, or challenging something TB says, or disagreeing with TB, isn't inherently trolling or bigotry. Pretending that it is destroys the chance of discussion/learning happening in this thread. I think you post plenty of valuable stuff, and you're pretty much always on the 'right' side of a given issue, but the constant abuse, calls to suicide etc. can't keep happening. This isn't an issue of 'civility', it's an issue of totally disproportionate reactions that make (genuine) people afraid to post in case they accidentally disagree with you.

I'm going to quote Ozma here, because her description of your posting from nearly four years ago is still spot-on:

Don't post in this thread

Tb isn't slashie, and her posts have been helpful and productive in this thread. Where in this thread has she told anyone to kill themselves? Have you considered kicking out the trolls instead and getting more mods for d&d?

Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

I for one am perfectly comfortable with Tiny Brontosaurus openly calling out shitposters. Let's not pretend they entered in good faith, particularly when you see the same names trotting out the same tired poo poo they trotted out in every other thread regarding some aspect of minority rights in recent history.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vindicator posted:

I for one am perfectly comfortable with Tiny Brontosaurus openly calling out shitposters. Let's not pretend they entered in good faith, particularly when you see the same names trotting out the same tired poo poo they trotted out in every other thread regarding some aspect of minority rights in recent history.

drat straight. It's bizarre to me that people obviously doing nothing but trying to poo poo up the thread get passed by in silence but the person posting relevant, interesting content gets the stern talking-to.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Vindicator posted:

The problem isn't her calling out shitposters, it's her treating people who are posting in good faith as if they are shitposters.

stone cold posted:

Tb isn't slashie, and her posts have been helpful and productive in this thread. Where in this thread has she told anyone to kill themselves? Have you considered kicking out the trolls instead and getting more mods for d&d?

Why would I say she was Slashie unless I knew she was?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

2017 exmarx posted:

The problem isn't her calling out shitposters, it's her treating people who are posting in good faith as if they are shitposters.

Read the OP exmarx, we're not here to do frijolero's homework, and if he can't read any of the links in the OP he's not acting in good faith.

Also, this weird slashie obsession thing is really strange as hell.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Vindicator posted:

:agreed:

If anything it should be obvious that the presumption of good faith for all posters crumbles instantly whenever there's a public discussion regarding minority rights and discrimination.

2017 exmarx posted:

It's insanely weird, of you, to stick to this tack especially because you have insisted in the past that she isn't

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Defenestration posted:

I would also like to add that I had a major feminist awakening when I caught the tail end of the LF feminism thread and saw that it consisted of men trying to shout down women about how wrong they were and the women couldn't get a word in edgewise. In their own thread.

So that served a purpose.

Same. I've read this site since I was 16ish and then got an account when I finally got my own debit card. I think I read and got turned onto feminism by the same exact thread as you.

I remember reading it out of boredom, seeing ideas that challenged my teenage kid beliefs and getting upset/annoyed, but kept reading and ultimately ended up being convinced. I remember some old posters I still see here like Joementum, Powercrazy, and Fauxton but sadly don't seem to see anyone from that feminism thread still posting on here.

It is something I was thankful for tho.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Vindicator posted:

I for one am

No one cares.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Thanks for your shitpost, any cool effortposts to add about feminism? No? Please leave.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer

Mixodorian posted:

Same. I've read this site since I was 16ish and then got an account when I finally got my own debit card. I think I read and got turned onto feminism by the same exact thread as you.

I remember reading it out of boredom, seeing ideas that challenged my teenage kid beliefs and getting upset/annoyed, but kept reading and ultimately ended up being convinced. I remember some old posters I still see here like Joementum, Powercrazy, and Fauxton but sadly don't seem to see anyone from that feminism thread still posting on here.

It is something I was thankful for tho.
This is partly why, even as poo poo and patriarchal as SA can get, I'm grateful for the space. It is known how this sort of thing turns out on reddit. *spits

I would never have said I wasn't a feminist, but those older threads expanded my definition of what feminism encompasses, and revealed a lot of problems that I just hadn't experienced or hadn't been able to define. It's like the joke DFW told in his commencement address.

quote:

There are these two young fish swimming along and they happen to meet an older fish swimming the other way, who nods at them and says "Morning, boys. How's the water?" And the two young fish swim on for a bit, and then eventually one of them looks over at the other and goes "What the hell is water?"

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Grimey Drawer
Water is, for example, a very otherwise well-meaning male friend and colleague interrupting my presentation to say literally the thing I was going to say next. Water is those men in the study Sharkie mentioned where they thought women dominated the conversation when they spoke 30% of the time. When we point these out, we're not pointing fingers. Hell, even I didn't notice many of those pernicious little things.

So gentlemen, one thing you can do to be an ally is if you are in a meeting or another work situation where a woman says something and then a man tries to say the same thing later without giving her credit (whether he's doing it on purpose or not), chime in with "yeah I agree, like Susan said, XXXX"

You can deliberately solicit women's opinions, and not just on "women's issues." You can SHUT UP for a second and let women finish what they were saying before you weigh in. And, while you're there, consider if it's really crucial that you weigh in or not in a given situation.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Jeez, it seems like threads with controversial topics like this one, mostly consist of people arguing over stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic. Like the only time people can have a productive debate and exchange of ideas is when everybody already agrees.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2017 exmarx posted:

I'm going to risk posting in this thread to make a probably silly suggestion. Why not just make it a thread rule for here and for the thread FAU made that prohibits excessive ad hominem, name calling, insulting etc.? It's pretty awful that you have people being abrassive to the degree that the theme of the thread is to shout down, insult, etc. other posters who they claim are not being sincere. It makes having any discussion nearly impossible.

OK that's my two cents, I'll let this thread get back to the main discussion at hand.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

-Blackadder- posted:

Jeez, it seems like threads with controversial topics like this one, mostly consist of people arguing over stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic. Like the only time people can have a productive debate and exchange of ideas is when everybody already agrees.

If you can't agree to the bare minimum baseline of equal rights, than you might not be a productive poster here.

There's room for an incredible amount of contention in feminism: just off the top of my head, raunch culture and the inheritors of Dworkin and MacKinnon vs. sex-positive feminism. Intersectional issues and the struggle of POC women to be heard. Everybody vs. TERFs.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Make TB IK for the scope of this thread only, but disallow her to name-call in it. Less vitriol, but shitposters still get forcibly shut up.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Colin Mockery posted:

Make TB IK for the scope of this thread only, but disallow her to name-call in it. Less vitriol, but shitposters still get forcibly shut up.

Sorry, as Slashie I'm much too busy killing all men and... I think she ate a baby once?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

stone cold posted:

There's room for an incredible amount of contention in feminism: just off the top of my head, raunch culture and the inheritors of Dworkin and MacKinnon vs. sex-positive feminism. Intersectional issues and the struggle of POC women to be heard. Everybody vs. TERFs.

Here's some other long-running conversations:

How to address the problems of motherhood, both in unshackling women from what de Beauvior sees posed as biological destiny, and truly supporting and cherishing mothers (Rebecca Walker did some great work on the latter). How do we square this with the issues of reproductive labor in general?

Gender as a system of social control and organization vs gender as expression and identity.

The function, role, and "naturalness" of feminine coded behaviors and the performance thereof.

Liberal, incremental, and radical approaches to attacking patriarchy/the advancement of women/the bringing of gender equality/the abolition of gender.

whether men should be eliminated entirely, minimized, or merely subjugated

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 28, 2016

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

stone cold posted:

If you can't agree to the bare minimum baseline of equal rights, than you might not be a productive poster here.

I assume you're referring to the general "you" (as in people in general) since just up thread I'm the one who attempted to the end the derail by suggesting a more relevant topic like how feminism, the 2016 election, and the current state of gender politics in the country relate to one another.

Regardless, like others have said, the thread would just be much more readable without all the back and forth bickering.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

-Blackadder- posted:

I assume you're referring to the general "you" (as in people in general) since just up thread I'm the one who attempted to the end the derail by suggesting a more relevant topic like how feminism, the 2016 election, and the current state of gender politics in the country relate to one another.

Regardless, like others have said, the thread would just be much more readable without all the back and forth bickering.

I agree, all the trolls should be kicked out, that would end the bickering.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think that the reason people so often fail to understand the problem with men dominating discussions like this is that they're looking at things from the perspective of just themselves and not seeing the big picture. Like, in a world without the context of men dominating these discussions, it's true that being told to be quiet would be rude and unnecessary, but in practice (especially on a forum like this where most people are men) if you just let everyone say whatever you want you will naturally end up with literally every discussion consisting mostly of men. There isn't really any alternative way for women (or other minority groups) to keep the focus of a discussion on them other than proactively preventing anyone who threatens to derail the discussion from participating. So basically it's a Catch 22 where the only two options are "not be able to carry out a focused discussion" and "be perceived as rude." There isn't really any way to politely address everyone and still keep the discussion focused.

Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

In any case it's very welcome that we have an alternate thread so all those genuine questioners can have their problems discussed. It will be interesting to see whether or not all those good-faith posters like icantfindaname and Black Baby Goku continue to contribute, given their concerns are so honestly held.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

2017 exmarx posted:

oh my god who gives a shiiiiit

how is old-rear end forums drama even relevant to these threads here and now, where TB is one of the few people actively contributing good content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Good feminist allies at least put in effort to research stuff regarding feminism instead of bogging people down with a hundred questions that have answers easily available. What tends to happen is people exhaust themselves answering questions that never stop coming.

Everyday feminism is a good resource. Feministing is good too. Bad feminist by Roxane Gay is a great book to read that covers a variety of topics.

• Locked thread