Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

*In extremely Obidicut voice*
What bias?

no bias no bias

you're the bias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

one weekend

im not answering any more concern troll stuff

while there was a slate of bad post stories that weekend, basically this 1. categorizes a lot of not-negative headlines as negative ("why obama says bank reform is a success and bernie says is a failure" is apparently negative and not bernie's literal platform) 2. took place after bernie poo poo the bed in the first democratic debate 3. ignores the giant stream of negative hillary stories that happened all summer. and 4. is hilariously cherrypicked and does not reflect the post's actual output at all.

here are actual post headlines from jan 1 to jan 14. i included every single headline with the word 'sanders' in it.

quote:

Bernie Sanders raises more than $33 million in latest fundraising quarter - 1/2

Sanders chastises Trump, responds to heckler during rowdy Massachusetts swing - 1/2

In Wall Street speech, Sanders will pledge to break up big banks within first year in office - 1/4

Bernie Sanders mocks Donald Trump’s contention that the Chinese created climate change - 1/4

Bernie Sanders vows to fight the ‘fraud’ of Wall Street, provide relief to bank consumers - 1/5

Sanders says he hasn’t stabbed anyone, dodges question about being ‘schlonged’ during return to Comedy Central - 1/5

Killer Mike’s killer endorsement of Bernie Sanders [Video] - 1/5

Clinton, Sanders make competing cases for electability in Nevada - 1/7

Stephen Colbert’s surprisingly good Bernie Sanders impression [Video] - 1/7

Sanders writes Obama, urges end to recently started deportation raids - 1/7

Why Bernie Sanders needs young voters to turn out - 1/7

Sanders, Clinton trade jabs over family leave plans - 1/7

Bernie Sanders says he’d ‘love, love, love’ to run against Donald Trump this fall - 1/7

What happened when Donald Trump tried to campaign in Bernie Sanders country - 1/7

Bernie Sanders is big with the kids. And he needs them to vote. [Video] - 1/8

Bernie Sanders 'The Baby Agrees!' - 1/8

Sanders: Clinton sex scandals ‘disgraceful and unacceptable,’ but now off limits - 1/8

Clinton camp sees gun control issue as a way to get to Sanders’s left - 1/8

As Clinton says only she can win, Sanders points to the polls - 1/9

Sanders tells Iowa crowd he supports changes to gun manufacturers liability law - 1/9

Clinton: Sanders ‘consistently refusing’ to repeal gun manufacturer liability law - 1/10

Clinton and Sanders try to erode each other’s strengths in tightening race - 1/10

On the defensive over guns, Sanders points to other differences with Clinton - 1/11

Bernie Sanders’s claim that Glass-Steagall banned commercial bank loans to ‘shadow banks’ - 1/11

Hillary Clinton is smacking around Bernie Sanders on guns. Here’s why. - 1/11

Sanders and Trump both get treated like rock stars. But similarities end there. - 1/11

Clinton in Iowa attacks Sanders health-care plan as a ‘risky deal’ - 1/11

Here’s exactly how Bernie Sanders can beat Hillary Clinton - 1/11

Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton’s campaign is in ‘serious trouble’ - 1/11

The Daily 202: Joe Biden, with praise for Bernie Sanders, remains a 2016 wildcard - 1/12

The problem with Bernie Sanders’s electability argument - 1/12

Bernie Sanders wins lopsided endorsement of progressive group MoveOn - 1/12

Bernie Sanders is beating Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire — but the margin depends on who you ask - 1/12

Here’s the real deal on the latest big Clinton-Sanders dust-up - 1/12

Hillary Clinton’s trend line in Iowa polling should scare her campaign - 1/12

Clinton rips into Sanders as her Iowa lead vanishes - 1/12

Clinton challenges Sanders on gun control - 1/12

How a Sanders surge may help Hillary Clinton — if it doesn’t bring her down first - 1/12

The big mystery around Bernie Sanders’ plan to reduce income inequality - 1/12

With the first two states in danger, Clinton goes on the attack against Sanders - 1/12

Clinton says she’s ‘not nervous at all’ as Sanders gains in Iowa - 1/13

With Iowa caucuses looming, Sanders still has some major policy proposals to unveil - 1/13

People flock to rallies for Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. Does it mean anything? - 1/13

Hillary Clinton says she’s ‘not nervous at all’ about Bernie Sanders. She should be. - 1/13

Clinton’s attacks produce windfall of campaign cash for Sanders - 1/13

Under fire from Clinton on health care, Sanders chides those trying to ‘demagogue’ the issue - 1/13

Hillary Clinton’s claim that Bernie Sanders voted for the ‘Charleston loophole’ - 1/13

A new poll shows virtual Clinton-Sanders dead heat in Iowa. Here’s what could decide the race. - 1/14

Hillary Clinton’s latest attack on Bernie Sanders shows she’s a rotten candidate - 1/14

The Nation’s endorsement of Bernie Sanders is really about rejecting Hillary Clinton (again) - 1/14

Bernie Sanders isn’t just targeting Hillary Clinton. He’s targeting the whole Democratic establishment. - 1/14

As Democrats trade more jabs, Sanders debuts TV ad saying he’s superior on Wall Street reform - 1/14

Sanders says he’ll detail costs of his universal health-care plan before voting begins - 1/14

Clinton responds to Sanders’s ‘attack’ ad: Obama took Wall Street money too - 1/14

54 headlines in 2 weeks, a period of time i picked solely due to its proximity to the iowa caucus. i really do not see this as being biased against sanders - most of these headlines are straight news and quite a few of them are boosting him.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whats up thread

my supposedly liberal progressive family is impressively resistive to my full radicalism except for my dad who idolized LBJ

hope eveyrthing is good for yall and merry holidays i want to die

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

bump_fn posted:

whats up thread

my supposedly liberal progressive family is impressively resistive to my full radicalism except for my dad who idolized LBJ

hope eveyrthing is good for yall and merry holidays i want to die

god bless you for discussing politics with family

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

logikv9 posted:

god bless you for discussing politics with family

if i had a shot of whiskey for evry "IT WAS COMEY" i heard id be loving wreckt

the resistance to "go to local meetings" is ufcking painful too

these peopel think theyre dems but theyre rich enoguh that they know theyre fine i hate it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

bump_fn posted:

if i had a shot of whiskey for evry "IT WAS COMEY" i heard id be loving wreckt

the resistance to "go to local meetings" is ufcking painful too

these peopel think theyre dems but theyre rich enoguh that they know theyre fine i hate it

my family mostly voted for TRUMP

that's the extent of what i know or care about. family get-togethers are so much better when you avoid politics like the plague :thumbsup:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i skipped a poo poo lod of posts but run the jewels dropped RTJ3 as a christmas present for loving free and its loving GOOD

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

logikv9 posted:

that's the extent of what i know or care about. family get-togethers are so much better when you avoid politics like the plague :thumbsup:

my dad was all coy about who he voted for, but what did i find in his garage? yeah, a trump yard sign. nice one, DAD.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

logikv9 posted:

im the drunk uncle trying to convince a 7 yhear old hes a communist

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

bump_fn posted:

i skipped a poo poo lod of posts but run the jewels dropped RTJ3 as a christmas present for loving free and its loving GOOD

its aoty

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

i ws so fuckin busy but im only at track 6 but i agree

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

one wing of family is trumpers and other wing is weathervane swing voters

swing voters didnt mention comey or emails over the holidays, just general ambivalence, fatigue, or bafflement about clinton. most didnt vote, few voted trump or hillary, one voted johnson and one voted for constitution party. 2/3rds of these people voted obama both times

the trumpers however feel all kinds of validation and spewed more racist poo poo in a few days than id heard in decades

one trumper asked me if i was excited that trump would finally be deregulating everything and allowing me to do that real science the government had always been preventing, so i had to explain the nsf and nih which was of course brushed off with how private industry is going to start doing fundamental science any day now. any day now. any day n

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

anime was right posted:

one weekend

There really is a liberal media bias.

Concerned Citizen posted:

while there was a slate of bad post stories that weekend, basically this 1. categorizes a lot of not-negative headlines as negative ("why obama says bank reform is a success and bernie says is a failure" is apparently negative and not bernie's literal platform) 2. took place after bernie poo poo the bed in the first democratic debate 3. ignores the giant stream of negative hillary stories that happened all summer. and 4. is hilariously cherrypicked and does not reflect the post's actual output at all.

here are actual post headlines from jan 1 to jan 14. i included every single headline with the word 'sanders' in it.

54 headlines in 2 weeks, a period of time i picked solely due to its proximity to the iowa caucus. i really do not see this as being biased against sanders - most of these headlines are straight news and quite a few of them are boosting him.

This is a moot point as an overwhelming vast majority of those headlines don't focus on Sanders as the main topic. Much of the topics are actually Hillary Clinton topics that will involve Bernie Sanders for very obvious reasons. Others have little to do with Bernie at all, such as Colbert's impression. I only count 19 articles that actually focus mostly on Sanders. That's essentially 1 a day with an occasional second one.

The fact that so many negative headlines in just one weekend were published solely about Sanders in his post gives him a very strong case of how lovely Washington Post is at times.

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 08:49 on Dec 28, 2016

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

anime was right posted:

one weekend

Bernie Sanders opposes open borders! Talk about problematic...

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The liberal media treated Bernie like a interesting story in January. They treated him like an enemy when the race started to almost look close.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the so-called lamestream media

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Kingfish posted:

The liberal media treated Bernie like a interesting story in January. They treated him like an enemy when the race started to almost look close.

well sanders' chances effectively ended on march 1 so what time period constitutes 'when it started to almost look close'

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

well sanders' chances effectively ended on march 1 so what time period constitutes 'when it started to almost look close'

can you come up with a new gimmick im bored of this one even if the rest of the thread falls for it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

can you come up with a new gimmick im bored of this one even if the rest of the thread falls for it

the character assassination of bernie sanders by the coward jeff bezos..

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

bernie was a no-name running to raise awareness who had no expectation of winning when he started running. that the dem primary was as close as it was is an indication of clinton's weakness, not bernie's strength. like yeah if bernie had done well enough with minority voters to win the primary then he probably would have won in the general but at that point he's running a significantly different campaign with a significantly broader message

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Fallen Hamprince posted:

bernie was a no-name running to raise awareness who had no expectation of winning when he started running. that the dem primary was as close as it was is an indication of clinton's weakness, not bernie's strength. like yeah if bernie had done well enough with minority voters to win the primary then he probably would have won in the general but at that point he's running a significantly different campaign with a significantly broader message

Bernie would have won.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Ace of Baes posted:

Bernie would have won.

(if he was a better candidate)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its cool that both of you are capable of rewriting history

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
bernie would have won, bernie would have won i continue to insist as i am sent to the fema death camps

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
bernie sanders was a terrible criminal cuck and his useless cult of personality behooves us not

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

never mind that establishment dems thinking they can manhandle people at their gatherings isn't a new or apparently uncommon thing.

(common, in this instance, being defined as any non-zero positive integer greater than or equal to one)
nah it's bernie bros that are violent. the former head of the DNC and the entire media establishment have already proven this with literally zero photographic or video evidence or police reports.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

logikv9 posted:

bernie would have won, bernie would have won i continue to insist as i am sent to the fema death camps

My tombstone will read "Bernie would have won.".

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Ace of Baes posted:

My tombstone will read "Bernie would have won.".

it's cute that you think you get a tombstone :smugdon:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

what dems should learn from 2016 is that you could basically run a stalinist and win as long as they were reasonably charismatic and had the right message for the moment because americans do not give a flying gently caress about policy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

comedyblissoption posted:

nah it's bernie bros that are violent. the former head of the DNC and the entire media establishment have already proven this with literally zero photographic or video evidence or police reports.

love your rose colored glasses

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
tombstones are for winners

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

"its good that dems will relitigate the 2016 primary over the next two years as republicans flay the voting rights act alive like a frog in a blender", he said in a paul ryan voice

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
there were those 3 million illegal votes

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Baloogan posted:

love your rose colored glasses
such incredible violence that couldnt be faked or false flagged

none of this showed up at the convention

at least kurt eichenwald filed a police report about harassment

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Im sure establishment dems would never try to AstroTurf a narrative that Bernie supporters are all angry white men who hate women and minorities.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

did the DNC contact the police about the harassment against one of their own members?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lamo at the left copy pasting the whole infowars right wing narrative

FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

apparently there was a police investigation
http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/local/nevada-state-democratic-party-s-headquarters-las-vegas-closed-after-weekend-chaos

also there's been a shitload of liberals faking crimes against themselves in the wake of trump's victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
resorting to the "false flag" defense :prepop:

• Locked thread