Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Without Russia there would be no desinformation and propaganda in politics, right?

(probably somebody from the EE thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
lol hillary's never gonna be free of e-mails until trump jails her like his supporters are demanding

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
they're still proud of electing trump down here in florida

some guy was wearing his trump/pence shirt to a restaurant and another guy was flying it higher than the us flag on his boat

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ComradeCosmobot posted:

they're still proud of electing trump down here in florida

some guy was wearing his trump/pence shirt to a restaurant and another guy was flying it higher than the us flag on his boat
flying a shirt on a flagpole is real cheap

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

cinci zoo sniper posted:

flying a shirt on a flagpole is real cheap

What about a flag shirt

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gin and Juche posted:

What about a flag shirt
that's sweaty

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Well if it's Florida that's a given

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason why that isn't anti-semitic

well he's not portraying a jewish stereotype, you see

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's just a harmless costume, not commentary of any sort.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

people are too mean to macklemore

there, i said it

can't believe people are mean to the only rapper with something to say

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

can't believe people are mean to the only rapper with something to say
isn't the whole point of rap to say something

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah, but Macklemore has a message.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

but it wasn't a white guy saying it, so it doesn't count

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Yeah, but Macklemore has a message.

one that the german people have historically been quite sympathetic to

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What skeletons does Evan McMullin have in his closet. I've seen a couple of his statements now and he seems pretty good.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

one that the german people have historically been quite sympathetic to

Please do not refer to your extended family as German, Volkerball.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Hi chat thread hope you all are having a nice holiday season and that the only thing melting down are your scented candles.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Please do not refer to your extended family as German, Volkerball.

my extended family has profound respect and appreciation for the jewish people

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Volkerball posted:

What skeletons does Evan McMullin have in his closet. I've seen a couple of his statements now and he seems pretty good.

Mormon

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/813909779148111875

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
Mormon CIA spook breaks my brain in an odd way

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Volkerball posted:

he was a CIA agent who worked on the ground in the Middle East during the height of the War On Terror

after leaving the CIA, he got his MBA in a year, was immediately hired by Goldman Sachs, and spent three years there before becoming a foreign policy advisor and think-tanker for House Republicans

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

it had to be pretty uncomfortable to crawl around iraq in space pajamas

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Main Paineframe posted:

he was a CIA agent who worked on the ground in the Middle East during the height of the War On Terror

after leaving the CIA, he got his MBA in a year, was immediately hired by Goldman Sachs, and spent three years there before becoming a foreign policy advisor and think-tanker for House Republicans

https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin/status/813857370363150336

quote:

People want to separate humanitarian disasters from national security disasters. But often times they are both. Syria is a perfect example of that. A brutal dictatorship like Assad's creates a space for terrorism. Massive refugee flows have created political tensions in Europe and here in the US, opening up opportunities for white nationalist movements to advance here. That's a national security disaster. I believe Donald Trump's candidacy is connected to that.

too smart to be generic republican

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Aeryk posted:

the nsa is chock full of mormons because it's really easy for them to pass the background checks

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Aeryk posted:

Mormons are basically peak Americans, so it's not really that surprising.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Mormons are the ideal Americans. You may not like them, but that is what peak freedom looks like.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Mormons are basically peak Americans, so it's not really that surprising.

They moved to Mexico because we hated them so much. Then we conquered their asses, but we didn't give them the indian treatment because they were white and they already lived in utah and where the hell do you banish somebody to when they're in utah.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat im having postman flashbacks

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Randler posted:

"Confirmed" by the same people who bought us incubators in Kuwait, WMDs in Iraq and the horseshoe plan.
This is not the case and you would know that if you paid attention to what was going on in infosec nearly a year ago.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lol i just found out that joseph smith got murdered by a mob in the city that we beat in the state championship game. if mormon god is the real one i think i'm covered for bringing justice to his family

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
All my doctors are now out of network . I tried to have a reasonable conversation with my Insurance Company. It pretty much ended with me ranting about capitalism and telling the person on the phone to quit their job because the company is evil.

This was after they gave me a list of 500 offices to call in order to see if they accepted my insurance.

So that went well.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hollismason posted:

All my doctors are now out of network . I tried to have a reasonable conversation with my Insurance Company. It pretty much ended with me ranting about capitalism and telling the person on the phone to quit their job because the company is evil.

This was after they gave me a list of 500 offices to call in order to see if they accepted my insurance.

So that went well.
let me know when you open an h1b visa for office dialer

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

So that went well.

(whipcrack)

you have come to a world called ppo

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Hollismason posted:

So that went well.

Every health insurance company is evil, they exist to prevent you from getting medical care.

For any non-American goons blessed enough to not know what "high-deductible" insurance is, lol

quote:

Ruth Skoog will undergo her second hip replacement of the year later this week.

She's calling it a "Christmas miracle" that her doctor could squeeze in the operation before year's end. Skoog has already spent enough money on care this year to satisfy her health plan's out-of-pocket maximum, so her insurer will cover the surgery's entire cost.

But if she has the same procedure with the same doctor after Jan. 1, it would cost her thousands of dollars.

Just like retailers, doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and health plans see a jump in business around the holidays, and it's due to policies actually designed to slow health spending.

High-deductible health plans that Skoog and many Americans now have push people who've met their deductible to scramble for appointments of all kinds during the end of the year.

quote:

Cost sharing can be painfully expensive, but it helps bring down monthly premiums.

The moment a policyholder reaches their out-of-pocket maximum, their price of care goes from expensive to free -- insurance covers 100 percent.

Insurance broker Heidi Mathson said dramatic increases in out-of-pocket costs have brought the financial incentives into sharp focus for consumers.

"If you are going to have a procedure or a surgery or you're going to have some kind of event that causes you to meet your deductible," she said, "then it's really beneficial to you to maximize and use up all of the health services that you can in that calendar year."

When 35-year-old Brian Ernste hit his deductible in May, he said, "it's like I won the lottery!"

He's a financial planner who kept his bottom line in mind when scheduling an elective surgery for early this year, knowing he'd hit his maximum payments. Since Ernste's care became free in spring, he's seen his doctor five or six times.

"I had a few minor concerns," he said, "and I thought, 'Hey, I don't have to pay anything to go talk to her so why not go in?'"

Insurance companies take the hit in instances like that.

Health insurer Medica said it pays out 16 percent more for care in December than during the average month.

The purpose of deductibles and other-cost sharing provisions is to encourage people to think twice about getting care in hopes of cutting down on unnecessary doctor visits.

In a just society poo poo like this would be illegal.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I mean who the gently caress just goes to the doctor for no loving reason

Nah doc I'm completely healthy, I just wanted to come in and be poked and prodded purely to waste your time and resources

I haven't been to a doctor in like ten years even with decent insurance because I don't get sick and I have no obvious medical issues, i may as well be putting my premium payments in a hole and setting them on fire

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The insurance company was trying to blame my doctors.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Google " Does faith healing work?"

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Hollismason posted:

Google " Does faith healing work?"

yes but it's out of network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I mean who the gently caress just goes to the doctor for no loving reason

Nah doc I'm completely healthy, I just wanted to come in and be poked and prodded purely to waste your time and resources

I haven't been to a doctor in like ten years even with decent insurance because I don't get sick and I have no obvious medical issues, i may as well be putting my premium payments in a hole and setting them on fire

If I could afford it I'd get a full look over and MRI every year

• Locked thread