Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/status/813955607250096128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Got excited for a moment there but then saw it was JB and not JD.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It's probably Melo's fault

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Int. A dim bar

PHIL JACKSON is hunched on an incredibly tall chair nursing a glass of hallucinogenic frog poison. He is greeted by his friend JD, who is dressed like a rich person's impression of a 1930s train hobo.

JD
(grabs his loving guitar)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Jeanie's about to stage a coup.

https://twitter.com/JeanieBuss/status/813963143105814528

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
Penise Blourde is back on the market.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
What an odd way to post that.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lebron should rip him for causing distractions

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
these god damned millennials and their twitter breakups

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Back in my day you divorced your wife by leaking a story about infidelity to Sam Smith.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BWV posted:

Back in my day you divorced your wife by leaking a story about infidelity to Sam Smith.

:frogon:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

yooour welcome

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

NickRoweFillea posted:

yooour welcome

The double downward bearclaw from 24 is powerful but the cross with the number one finger is the winner

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Int. A dim bar

PHIL JACKSON is hunched on an incredibly tall chair nursing a glass of hallucinogenic frog poison. He is greeted by his friend JD, who is dressed like a rich person's impression of a 1930s train hobo.

JD
(grabs his loving guitar)

Jimmy Dolan in a Sullivan's Travel's remake except he's the one who gets run over by train at the end and it's not a stunt

NickRoweFillea posted:

yooour welcome

Can't believe this was the Bibby Kings and not the White Chocolate Kings

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

There was a time I thought Brent Price would be a really good backup PG for us

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Jackson posts tons of poo poo as screenshots of his iPad text editor. It's amazing someone that old can figure out how to take screenshots on an iPad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

NickRoweFillea posted:

yooour welcome

Every single time I see this I can't get over what a loving boring goober Lawrence Funderburke must be in real life.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/813970575626375172

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

yooour welcome

Who is that ridiculous looking white boy on the right? Scot Pollard?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Who is that ridiculous looking white boy on the right? Scot Pollard?

Yup.

Also I wish someone would write a book about those Kings teams instead of the super overrated Nash Suns team.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

yooour welcome

:worship: the only rivalry I care about, Kings vs Lakers/anybody else

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

The game was pretty chippy tonight and the Mavs committed two flagrant 1s. Ariza was ejected. Not sure what he hoped to accomplish by doing that though.

Calvin Watkins finds the silver lining:

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/813981056047128576

e: return of Honey Nut Cheerios

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/813967596626264065

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Yeah! He was an extremely clutch 3p shooter back in NY too. He shot .480 from 3 in the 4th when the game was within 5 points.
http://www.basketball-reference.com...er_id=gallola01

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Time posted:

The double downward bearclaw from 24 is powerful but the cross with the number one finger is the winner

Bobby Jackson is just a number nowadays. That's cruel. He was good on those Kings squads.

edit:

quote:

The night started when Andrew Bogut's shoulder ran into the face of Harden, knocking him to the floor. After a review, a flagrant foul was called. Bogut was surprised by the call and said he would appeal the decision.

Of course he would!

Also:

quote:

After a cooling-off period, if there was such a thing for the Rockets, they retaliated -- or tried to. Beverley, who didn't play, sat on a cart waiting to leave when he noticed Carlisle leave his postgame news conference. Beverley let him have it and to Carlisle's credit, he ignored what was said."Don't be mad at us, coach!" Beverley yelled. "Way to be an icon, coach! Have a nice season, coach!"

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Dec 28, 2016

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That reminds me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8-7Hkjd_mI

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I had nice seats to the Lakers game tonight and have come to the conclusion that Nick Young is blind and is playing basketball like Daredevil via sonar.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jack's Flow posted:

Bobby Jackson is just a number nowadays. That's cruel. He was good on those Kings squads.

edit:

Of course he would!

Also:

Blargh, I don't want to like the Houston Rockets but here we are.

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
It makes my day whenever the Rockets beat that particular team like a circus monkey.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Blargh, I don't want to like the Houston Rockets but here we are.

Patrick Beverley has always been funny as hell and I'm glad he was the skills champion

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

That flagrant against Bogut was a terrible call. He leans into it a little bit, but Harden just runs straight into it and makes no attempt to go around.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That flagrant against Bogut was a terrible call. He leans into it a little bit, but Harden just runs straight into it and makes no attempt to go around.

Is that the "I'm gonna stick my elbow out here it's your fault if you run into it" defense?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

b0ng posted:

Is that the "I'm gonna stick my elbow out here it's your fault if you run into it" defense?

It's a foul just not a flagrant.

The flagrant on Powell for a midair elbow smash to the face was absolutely the right call.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Russ, Durant, and Harden are probably 1, 2 and 3 in the MVP race (in some order) right now.

Reminder that they all could have been on the same team.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's a foul just not a flagrant.

The flagrant on Powell for a midair elbow smash to the face was absolutely the right call.

Okay, I'm wrong. Just watched a replay that wasn't potato quality and Bogut wasn't set; he pushes off his right leg into the pick. I can see why they called it a flagrant.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: at the people who said Harden stared down Bogut after a 3. Some side-eye while walking back to the bench that Bogut gave no shits about, cold blooded right there

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: at the people who said Harden stared down Bogut after a 3. Some side-eye while walking back to the bench that Bogut gave no shits about, cold blooded right there

http://i.imgur.com/08qd3L9.mp4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron is the most underrated player in the NBA.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

Lebron is the most underrated player in the NBA.

According to our poll, yeah!

I think the idea in people's heads was that anyone who says he's not the GOAT is underrating him.

His passing is so beautiful I well up and overflow with joy like a pilgrim at the temple of angkor wat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EedKXdMzm5o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
The reason why Steph Curry is shook is because Kyle Lowry stole all his skill, FYI

• Locked thread