Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Lot of really good shot on sale this week. I own most of it already but stuff like The Witness for $20, Odin Sphere for $30, Inside for $10 and and Talos Principle for $7.50 are a steal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Amazon still giving like 27 dollars for tf2 physical has me thinking about switching to digital for 3 dollars in this sale

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Odin Sphere for $30

loving FINALLY

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wooo hoo KOF on sale

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know People were disappointed with I Am Setsuna, is it a better deal at the $24 price range?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

loving FINALLY

Cheap bastard :mad:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know People were disappointed with I Am Setsuna, is it a better deal at the $24 price range?

No, there's very little substance to it. $10-and-below material, if that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I mean it's better than $40 but it's still a game that's a poor shadow of its obvious influence and can't even get Chrono Trigger's simple combat right.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

Amazon still giving like 27 dollars for tf2 physical has me thinking about switching to digital for 3 dollars in this sale

I did that then stopped playing it of course.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i took a gamble on nioh deluxe edition having decent dlc with my holiday psn card haul today.

hopefully they continue to channel fromsoft when they get around to making the 3 promised story dlcs but KT usually has lame dlc so who knows if the 20 extra dollars it cost will be worth it. :pray:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I'm waiting for it to be even less. :q:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm waiting for it to be even less. :q:

Damnit, it's soooooooo loving good :(

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If the sale goes beyond the 30th, I'll happily buy Odin Sphere for that price

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If the sale goes beyond the 30th, I'll happily buy Odin Sphere for that price

It will go until next Tuesday so you're good

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Hey, I know this is from a few pages back, but did anybody jump on this? Has anybody had a code show up yet?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I thought today was Monday, so I missed out on the Metal Slug Anthology and possibly R6: Siege deals.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Is the PS3 Transformers game good if I like Platinum's other games?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Spoderman posted:

Yeah, gameplay-wise it's pretty much Bayonetta. You can tell overall it was a rush job but it's still fun as hell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spoderman posted:

devestation is good but its obviously a budget title the combat is taken right out of bayo with a few tweaks so you'll probably like it but its scope is very narrow.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

bengy81 posted:

Hey, I know this is from a few pages back, but did anybody jump on this? Has anybody had a code show up yet?

Just got a email today that it arrived. Can't enter it yet while stuck at work through.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

bengy81 posted:

Got my code yesterday, redeemed successfully.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I got Little Big Planet 2 for my wife and I to play. A few questions:

Is the normal game itself fun? Or was this more popular due to the user made content?
And the servers are still up and stuff right? I can still download all the user made stuff?
And if that's still possible is there a list of 'must play' user levels?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Getsuya posted:

I got Little Big Planet 2 for my wife and I to play. A few questions:

Is the normal game itself fun? Or was this more popular due to the user made content?
And the servers are still up and stuff right? I can still download all the user made stuff?
And if that's still possible is there a list of 'must play' user levels?

Speaking from my PS3 experience, I thought the campaign was pretty fun and charming although I liked LBP1's campaign more. It's certainly a fun game to couch play with. Counterpoint, it wasn't rare to read others didn't like LBP1 or LBP2's campaigns so YMMV but I thought they were very well done and LBP1's music in particular was great.

I'm feeling pretty sure that the created level servers are working but it might be tricky to sort the wheat from the chaff. When I played it originally I relied on websites like http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?117-LBP2-Everything-Else-LittleBigPlanet-2 or similar for recommended levels. I would youtube or google up a must play list and see what's out there, and follow other levels by those creators. That's probably going to net you the most fun. There were some extremely dedicated creators who squeezed everything out of LBP2.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wait is the new odin sphere good

also the new star ocean was bad, right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

both yes

both very very yes

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got my code redeemed. Also forgot how much I hate when you renew PS+, as your entire download list is all the freebies THEN anything you bought. Really wish it wouldn't do that.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

If you've played the old Odin Sphere the new one is like night and day with combat alone.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, gameplay-wise it's pretty much Bayonetta. You can tell overall it was a rush job but it's still fun as hell.

To wit, it's VERY good at its combat mechanics. Fighting in it may be even more satisfying than Bayo 2, just from how visceral the combat feels. Attacks feel heavy, transform attacks have this crunchy sound effect, and smashing up Constructicons and sword-fighting Starscream is incredibly fun.

There's even a lot of various boss battles! Mostly duels, but they definitely try their best to fit as much content and character as they could, and it sets up an even cooler sequel that will likely never be.

The Gentlemieu
Jan 1, 2013
Soiled Meat
For some reason the PS4 version of Odin Sphere is on sale but not the Vita version? Really?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony forgot they had another console

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In general Sony have been really been skimping on the Vita and PS3 sales for months now. This should be the time they're trying to wring the last money they can get out of last gen so it's annoying that nothing on there is ever on sale.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In general Sony have been really been skimping on the Vita and PS3 sales for months now. This should be the time they're trying to wring the last money they can get out of last gen so it's annoying that nothing on there is ever on sale.

Yeah, as somebody who just got a PS3 and Vita within the past year to save some cash, these past two months of sales have been a pretty depressing trend

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Considering PS3 has only one more game release in the west and a horse racing game in Japan, I wouldn't expect much at all.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pretty sure they want you to abandon the PS3, and have calculated exactly the pressure to apply, sales-wise.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dehry posted:

Considering PS3 has only one more game release in the west and a horse racing game in Japan, I wouldn't expect much at all.

it will get fifas for a few more years yet

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I just got a PS3 in October and got a ton of PS1 games and stuff like the Jak collection for a song in the sales leading up to Black Friday but the sales that seemed like they should be larger events have been terrible. It's weird.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Fawf posted:

I just got a PS3 in October and got a ton of PS1 games and stuff like the Jak collection for a song in the sales leading up to Black Friday but the sales that seemed like they should be larger events have been terrible. It's weird.

Pretty much this. There've been some good sales on PS1 games, though nothing quite equaling that one insane flash sale where everything was a dollar from a couple years ago.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is there a way to check what the sales prices are with PS Plus activated?

EDIT: Oh, wait, Reddit has the answer.

I dunno why they stopped making blog posts for sales.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
What can I expect from Odin Sphere - I haven't played the original. Worth $30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
PS Plus games for January are:

PS4

Day of the Tentacle Remastered
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones
Titan Souls (cross-play)
The Swindle(cross-play)

PS3

BlazeRush
The Swindle

Vita

Titan Souls
Azkend 2: The World Beneath

another pretty meh month, although I've always been sort of interested in This War of Mine.

• Locked thread