Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Im still really early in the casts but I was glad to hear Jeff still being extremely passionate about Mario maker

jeff goes home every day from his job playing video games to play mario maker and quake live, and on the weekends he streams old games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

elf help book posted:

jeff goes home every day from his job playing video games to play mario maker and quake live, and on the weekends he streams old games

it would be insane to stop now

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Jeff being so dour about so many games makes his moments of genuine enthusiasm stick out more. I wasn't particularly interested in Superhot but drat if he doesn't make me want to play superhot.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Jeff hating Witcher 3 is the first time someone's video game opinion hurt my feelings lmao

Jeff was the first person I've ever heard say disliked Yoshi's Island... I've come to expect the unexpected from him. I'd rather he have interesting reasons to dislike games most people like than just blindly fall in line with general consensus.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Jeff was the first person I've ever heard say disliked Yoshi's Island... I've come to expect the unexpected from him. I'd rather he have interesting reasons to dislike games most people like than just blindly fall in line with general consensus.

Yeah I agree, it was just a twinge of "aww man" and then it was gone. Nothing should surprise me after he said he didn't like Super Metroid, but Witcher 3 is very close to my heart.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i didn't like the witcher 3 either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't played it because I didn't really like the switcher 1 or 2. And 3 looks like 2 but bigger

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

witcher 3 is really good if you play on easy and can ignore the fighting. but the contract fights are still fun

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hope Odin Sphere wins best remaster, because it is the best remaster by a macaroni mile.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really wanna pick that up on vita and it's on sale for 30 on PS4 but still full price on vita.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah I haven't even played the full game yet & might pick it up, but just playing the demo was mindblowing compared to the PS2 game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

I really wanna pick that up on vita and it's on sale for 30 on PS4 but still full price on vita.

I thought it was crossbuy...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I thought it was crossbuy...

Cross save. The only crossbuy games are like 5 dollar indie stuff.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Beer Game: take a drink every time the phrase "doesn't hang" is said in the GOTYcasts, in reference to a game not hanging with the others on the list.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Jeff is 100% correct about witcher being bad and overwatch dialogue being terrible

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Witcher 3 combat is so janky it makes the game mostly unplayable

Also looking at their individual top 10's, Doom is totally going to be GOTY

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book posted:

i dont know why anyone would think losing austin would improve goty debates when one of the best parts of last year was him standing up for invisible inc

hes the dumbass who only comes in here to shittalk austin

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im now in a retarded babyrage

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

hes the dumbass who only comes in here to shittalk austin

mods http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3667348&userid=135059

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Racist Gamer still upset by Austin Walker's existence 2 years later.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to chain probie him for the fatter blacker Klepek post.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm going to chain probie him for the fatter blacker Klepek post.

Thank you. Anyone throwing Austin into the same category as hack bullshit-artist Patrick Klepek needs to be killed. Patrick speaks only in clickbait titles while Austin is legitimately intelligent and thoughtful. A shame he hired Klepek at all, really.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Yeah why the gently caress do people keep hiring Patrick

Soral
May 30, 2009

he broke the news that they called the third xbox, the xbox one, and has been riding that success since

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I guess my follow up question is if you're going to risk your career going to the press why the gently caress would you pick Patrick

I'd really like some anonymous nerd cred better email the most insufferable guy I know

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

austins new site lookin... good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

StabMasterArson posted:

oh boy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

:whitewater:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

do people usually do things like this for literal doctoral degrees. i'm not really familiar with the "thesis" process

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can do whatever you want for a PhD

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

:smith:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Funky Britches posted:

Jeff is 100% correct about witcher being bad

nah

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

You can do whatever you want for a PhD

no one told me...

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I find it conceptually inoffensive but man their layout sucks balls.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

StabMasterArson posted:

i clicked on the bottom right one and it was 8 pages of overwatch slumber party fanfic. good rear end gaming site

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

Yeah why the gently caress do people keep hiring Patrick

I think the general state of online journalism is the answer to this. Look no further than our very own goon made wartime wikipedia reporter, Brown Moses

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Jeff doesn't like a lot of good video games but he also doesn't like Patrick so still a net positive in my book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-zEkFaaN8Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

StabMasterArson posted: