Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Linguica posted:

John Carmack on 10-28-2010

ling, never thought 16 years ago that i'd respect romero way more than carmack, but yeaaah, once carmack started making his views known working on space rockets - oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Crusader posted:

ling, never thought 16 years ago that i'd respect romero way more than carmack, but yeaaah, once carmack started making his views known working on space rockets - oof

new cyberdemon looking kinda gross

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

also zenimax is pretty litigious but i feel like carmack probably did work on oculus on id equipment / time - it's how he started id software after all

anyway, by contrast romero seems like a p. chill cool dude

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

deregulate everything and the free market will produce economic incentives for the snail to avoid touching you duh.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SaberKinniku/status/791523150081253376

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

You laugh but this will be all video games when trump is pres

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Crusader posted:

also zenimax is pretty litigious but i feel like carmack probably did work on oculus on id equipment / time - it's how he started id software after all

sounds like that guy made you his bitch

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

KoRMaK posted:

that's all lovely to hear about mr carmack

but i won't write him off as a complete shitbag yet

Gentlemen, the company is doing well. It's time for studio portraits, so that our success might be remembered forever. Don your finest jorts.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

anthonypants posted:

sounds like that guy made you his bitch

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Improbable Lobster posted:

if the snail is super intelligent then i'd pool my money with it to create some sort of snail foundation

a shell company?

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

nz?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

big scary monsters posted:

a shell company?

:boothisman:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
snail-related:

not snail-related:

https://twitter.com/SOLELINKS/status/814065774318862336

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 28, 2016

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

new cyberdemon looking kinda gross

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

i went looking for frog fractions soundtrack on youtube, and i accidentally clicked on this, and it's kind of fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQq_z1gxl-E&t=7s

oh my things were these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aRywOf5mIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm5Q0lco4Zw

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAdTZcGeEQg&t=42s

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

spongebob is pretty good though

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Phone posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/27/14088862/cops-arrest-oculus-executive-in-underage-sex-sting

Upon his arrest, police say Katz told them he was there to “rescue her and call the police.” Investigators informed him that he should have called them first.

Tukwila police said Katz originally responded to a sex for money ad on Backpage.com police placed as part of the sting operation, codenamed “Buyer Beware.”

lol they first pretended to be an adult hooker then said "oh by the way I'm actually underage, is that ok?" this is the most ham-handed sting ever that could only catch the dumbest creep, naturally he works for the trump meme bideo game company

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Crusader posted:

the accusations in the zenimax lawsuit are simultaneously baffling and not at all surprising. the technical director is using company resources to write code for some outside guy starting his own company, and then jumps ship to that company taking the code with him, and expects nothing to happen? but then you remember in the late 80s / early 90s he literally would "borrow" his employer's computers over weekends to take home and write games for their own company. people never really change.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Crusader posted:

i'm the little bottle of black fingernail polish in his bathroom

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Linguica posted:

the accusations in the zenimax lawsuit are simultaneously baffling and not at all surprising. the technical director is using company resources to write code for some outside guy starting his own company, and then jumps ship to that company taking the code with him, and expects nothing to happen? but then you remember in the late 80s / early 90s he literally would "borrow" his employer's computers over weekends to take home and write games for their own company. people never really change.

I have a Microsoft rollerball ink pen and I write documentation at my current job with that pen, is everything on my notepads property of Microsoft now? I am worried about this guys

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

The Vinja Ninja posted:

I have a Microsoft rollerball ink pen and I write documentation at my current job with that pen, is everything on my notepads property of Microsoft now? I am worried about this guys

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

lol they first pretended to be an adult hooker then said "oh by the way I'm actually underage, is that ok?" this is the most ham-handed sting ever that could only catch the dumbest creep, naturally he works for the trump meme bideo game company

But you have to tell me if your a hooker cop, thats the law

maybe more likely that the regular hooker was the initial bait, and since he was already on the hook for that, why not see if we can get him for a minor too. if he would have backed out and said Ew no I'm far too upstanding to sex the hell out of a 16 yr old, they can still fall back on solicitation(or whatever applies there)

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

spongebob is pretty good though

bikini bottom

sandy cheeks

hehe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Crusader posted:

zenimax is a poo poo, awful company but carmack is 100% the kind of guy that would do that at every job he's ever worked at

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

big scary monsters posted:

a shell company?

lmao

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

them crazy ukrainian boys at it again

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

But you have to tell me if your a hooker cop, thats the law

maybe more likely that the regular hooker was the initial bait, and since he was already on the hook for that, why not see if we can get him for a minor too. if he would have backed out and said Ew no I'm far too upstanding to sex the hell out of a 16 yr old, they can still fall back on solicitation(or whatever applies there)

yeah, it's sketchy to me, esp to explicitly say 19 first and then change it. i don't have any reason to think it applies in this case but you have to wonder if at some point they would wind up busting a guy who honestly thought he was role-playing some naughty schoolgirl fantasy with an adult woman. (no pedo)

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
she'd be 105 in dog years

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/814176506775797761

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm the little bottle of black fingernail polish in his bathroom black sharpie on his desk

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/813551925530505216

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the brain isn't a big truck you can dump things on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oea-ngi_AHs

i loving hate that every vr game just has you teleporting around

• Locked thread