Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Beasteh posted:

Luneth with BSB into SSB runs a train on Enkidude

This runs train on everything if you toss in a wind wind imperil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hate to pile on to the mountain of people asking for advice, but this banner is too good not to do so. Been playing for 5 months and really struggling with garbage relics, could barely beat 120+ difficulty stuff. Caught a lucky break recently, especially with this banner.

If it helps any, here's what my party and leveled up characters like (please don't laugh too hard)

As far as ok equipment goes, I have:
-Tidus' OSSB relic and one of his uniques (Brotherhood)
-Wakka's BSB armguard and AllRounder (USB)
-Tyro's Stormlance Grimoire and Sentinel's Grimoire (the only Wall I have)
-Penelo's BSB (the only Medica(?) I have)
-Ramza's Platinum Sword + (SSB) (my only Shout equivalent) and his USB armband.
-Refia's Rising Sun (SSB) and Shura Gloves (BSB)
-Y'shtola's Omnirod+ (SSB)
-Zidane's BSB and one of his USBs (Exploda)
-Terra's OSSB relic
-Celes' BSB
-Vaan's SSB relic
-Paine's SSB relic
-Jecht's SSB relic
-Shantotto's SSB relic
-Serah's SSB relic
-Cait Sith's SSB relic

I already pulled once on this banner, which got me the Terra, Ramza and Refia relics. I have just 50 mythril, so should I pull again to fish for that Tiara, or maybe wait for rounds 3 and 4?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

If you have Shout and Terra's OSB there's not much reason to pull on that banner.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
100-gem pull Seraphim's Mace for Porom. I'm surprised I'm getting IV gear all of a sudden when it's probably my worst realm for gear outside of XII (and FFI I guess).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Two 11-pulls, Freya's spear, Rosa's bow, and two of Braska's robes.

Would have really loved Quistis' Dress, but there are two more shots for it to come.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So uh, I pulled on this when I probably didn't need to.

Tidus osb, Luneth bsb, Freya trident, and a dupe Rosa bow.

So much for a mage team?

I think something bad is going to happen because I'm never this lucky.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

100 gemmed Quistis BSB :v:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

2/11 Wakka's BSB Armband and Porom's Seraphim Mace. Good but not what I was looking for.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
2/11, Apocalypse and Sentinel's Grimoire. De Ferq.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Mercury Crusader posted:

100-gem pull Seraphim's Mace for Porom. I'm surprised I'm getting IV gear all of a sudden when it's probably my worst realm for gear outside of XII (and FFI I guess).

I also managed a dollar-pull Seraphim Mace. The only issue is I have Rosa's Divine Heal already, so getting this is kind of a moot point unless I need double healers (in which case I have bigger issues). Still, it's a 5*, I'll take it.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

1/11

My second SG :negative:

This after two dupes of Platinum Sword and a redundant Thyrus on banner 1 :smithicide:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I was debating pulling on this but I already have one of the items on there So I'll just hold off. The urge to pull is strong...

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Got my 4th SG from dollar pull. Too bad I've used all of them for rosetta stones long ago, as will this one, or I could've made a pretty bitchin nightmare book by now for tyro.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

100 gems got me Wakka's armguard. Not fantastic since it doesn't appear to stack with breakdowns or Full Break, but at least that frees up a slot for Lifesipho-

"Combat 3"

Wow, way to be poo poo, Wakka.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
At least the introduction of Sharpshooter lets him pack Sapphire Shot to go with Armor Breakdown. It's slim pickins but it's the pickins he got.

Anyway. This banner. Oh boy this banner. It's really good for me on paper. Apocalypse to pair with Razzmatazz, Gungnir to pair with Lust Dagger. I don't have a medica for IV. I only have relics for Tidus and Auron (Riot Blade) for X. I don't have a Wall, still. And there's only one dupe... but that dupe is loving. TRIDENT. I can't pull on this poo poo! Alright, game, here's the deal: I pull on this if I somehow get two BSBs within 100 Mythril tomorrow, one of them has to be Y'shtola's and you can't give me Thyrus. Otherwise you can shove this potential 8* Trident where the sun don't shine.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The only Support 5s with Lifesiphon access are Ramza, Minfilia and Barret (after Record Sphere). Wakka not having it is the norm.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

At least the introduction of Sharpshooter lets him pack Sapphire Shot to go with Armor Breakdown. It's slim pickins but it's the pickins he got.

Anyway. This banner. Oh boy this banner. It's really good for me on paper. Apocalypse to pair with Razzmatazz, Gungnir to pair with Lust Dagger. I don't have a medica for IV. I only have relics for Tidus and Auron (Riot Blade) for X. I don't have a Wall, still. And there's only one dupe... but that dupe is loving. TRIDENT. I can't pull on this poo poo! Alright, game, here's the deal: I pull on this if I somehow get two BSBs within 100 Mythril tomorrow, one of them has to be Y'shtola's and you can't give me Thyrus. Otherwise you can shove this potential 8* Trident where the sun don't shine.

This banner ends before XIV hits - the latter is delayed til the 31st.

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
Also, thanks to everyone who encouraged me to try going further in the vault: I managed to master all of the difficulties! This is a HUGE boost, holy poo poo.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Piebald Hell posted:

Also, thanks to everyone who encouraged me to try going further in the vault: I managed to master all of the difficulties! This is a HUGE boost, holy poo poo.

By the next orbfest you will be auto attacking through it like the rest of us. Congrats man!

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

ApplesandOranges posted:

This banner ends before XIV hits - the latter is delayed til the 31st.

Oh god dammit! I forgot. Well, that takes care of that then.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Pulled Braska's ssb on the 100 gem. I have no idea who Braska is (yuna's dad?) and it looks ok but seems like a worse sheepsong?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sega 32X posted:

Pulled Braska's ssb on the 100 gem. I have no idea who Braska is (yuna's dad?) and it looks ok but seems like a worse sheepsong?

Not worse, different. Trades the Hastega for a party wide Cast time reduction. If you have another source of Haste it's good.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Dollar pull Artemis bow! Awesome!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Braska's mage shout is the best one if you already use a hastega, like for example if you run OK BSB. If you don't, Papalymo's Leylines (coming on Saturday) is probably better.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Sega 32X posted:

It has quick cast which Sheepsong doesn't have. If you have something else for Hastega in your team then Braska's SSB is pretty great.

I also 100 gem pulled Braska's robe. I'll mess around with him in my mage team; his SSB (601: +Mag) and OK's BSB (610: +Atk and Mag) stacking should be fun if/when my RW BSB runs out.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Single pull on the banner because I'm retarded.

2/11:

Braska's Robe
Sentinel's Grimoire #5

I know I shouldn't have hoped for anything good like Luneth's BSB let alone an OSB but jesus gently caress this game's gacha so much. Stop giving me mage buff relics and almost zero useful mage damage relics you fuckers.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Evil Fluffy posted:

I know I shouldn't have hoped for anything good like Luneth's BSB let alone an OSB but jesus gently caress this game's gacha so much. Stop giving me mage buff relics and almost zero useful mage damage relics you fuckers.
This is the ideal way to run a mage team though

If you have all the stacking faithgas you can just bring them, have two people RW your elemental mage BSB of choice, and nuke the boss into oblivion

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Decided to pull on this one for the slim shot at Apocalypse (X).

$1 pull - nada.

4/11-pull - Seraphim's Mace, Seraphim's Mace (...), Artemis Bow (dupe) and... Wakka's Armguard.

Eh. At least I got two new relics out of it, and I can upgrade my Artemis Bow (IV) to 6*.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
1/11, Rosa's bow. Not bad, but once again not what I was pulling for. I can't seem to catch a break on pulling any bursts (or OSBs, in this case) outside of lucky draws.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The top 3 on this banner (tidus/luneth/quistis) would make my week.

Anything else would make me sad. Wakka's BSB is dull, porom's is an unfortunate heal/hastega that is so blah for CM, Rosa's is fine for CM but I already have Ovelia/Selphie's medica/mblinks, Freya's is okay but unexciting. Braska's would be fine but again, unexciting since I'd prefer a FFX hastega at this juncture for CM. SG is a dupe.

The lesson, as always, is always pull unless you should never pull. Never pull.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

1/11, Quistis's BSB, the thing I wanted

gently caress yea :frogc00l:

Piebald Hell
Apr 22, 2008
see, I have two OSBs - Terra and Tidus now - and two buffs that don't stack, and NO HEALERS wtfm8 :I

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I was tempted to pull, but stuck to the dollar pull and bombed as usual. A 4*. crystal shield. Shields are bad unless they are 5* shields that are not named "Genji Shield"

Lich took me to suplex city and back. I had Vanille/Zidane/Cloud/Vaan/Tyro and I was surprised how vicious he was. He was not loving around.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dollar pulled Porom. Fine I guess, but I already have Rosa's bow. How many FF4 medicas does anyone need?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Jesus, my Ramza with 8* platinum sword and bravery synergy has 645 attack, that's neat

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Armitage posted:

Lich took me to suplex city and back. I had Vanille/Zidane/Cloud/Vaan/Tyro and I was surprised how vicious he was. He was not loving around.

No kidding, he is currently kicking the everloving poo poo out of me and so far I can't do anything about it. I can't even get all my mitigation down before he's throwing down 6k aoe fire.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Combo posted:

No kidding, he is currently kicking the everloving poo poo out of me and so far I can't do anything about it. I can't even get all my mitigation down before he's throwing down 6k aoe fire.

I'm thinking I should have given Vanille Mog's Teachings or Mako Might to start the battle so she can kick off healing ASAP instead of giving it to Zidane. He's fast, like Tritoch(I'm not even gonna try to spell the first boss' name at this point), but he hits a lot harder.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I have

Y'shtola Protect/Curaja/Wall
Ramza Full Break/Magic Breakdown/Shout
Luneth Lifesiphon/Aerora Strike/BSB
Agrias Shell/Aerora Strike
Zidane Lifesiphon/Dismissal/Stellar Circle BSB

And he is just taking a dump all over my chest. I RW'd OK BSB the first time around but I think I'm going to need some kind of medica instead, the aoe damage he's putting out even after everything is up is insane.

edit: beat that fucker, Eiko's BSB as an RW was the winner for me.

Combo fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 29, 2016

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Inge posted:

Me too, it's a dupe though. I have five of the nine items on this banner already and I kinda rolled my eyes when the 5* popped out- like, c'mon, couldn't have done this on Banner 1 and given me the Shout I've been chasing?

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Inge posted:

Quite possibly my favorite relic. I'm pretty sure I have a + version though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Quistis joins the BSB club... now to dive her to 5* black to make her useful! :suicide:

• Locked thread