Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The npcs you start with in ch.4 just don't cook. They have other jobs they want to do and even if they can't do them they still won't cook for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I appreciate the Alltrades Abbey part in 7 wanting to put the odds against you but the actual fight with Rashes and Stripes is bullshit.

I somehow won on the second attempt, even though it felt like I did twice the damage the first time.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 25, 2016

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I was checking the roster for Heroes 2 and it looks like they don't have anyone from V now, drat.

Gimme Deborah and/or the kids, Pankraz would also a totally acceptable overpowered option.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 25, 2016

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Does anyone know if the DS DQVIII will have the voices and music? I only had VIII for a little bit before I had to sell everything for emergency funds, but I quite liked it, and I'd like to give it another go.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It will have the english voiceovers with a casting change for Jessica (not sure why) but we lose out on the symphonic soundtrack unfortunately.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
That's.... less terrible? That we'll still get the voices, anyway. Those were a big chunk of the charm, I thought.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

There's a fragment I can't find in present day Grand Conjuratoirum. I just got Aishe and this is the last fragment I need to proceed to the next island

I'm guessing I have to go down those stairs surrounded by water but I don't know how to get across it

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Ludwig van Halen posted:

There's a fragment I can't find in present day Grand Conjuratoirum. I just got Aishe and this is the last fragment I need to proceed to the next island

I'm guessing I have to go down those stairs surrounded by water but I don't know how to get across it

You know the thing you did to get the chest to open in Hubble? Do that again.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

lets hang out posted:

The npcs you start with in ch.4 just don't cook. They have other jobs they want to do and even if they can't do them they still won't cook for you.

I had the exact opposite experience. I think you guys just didn't build kitchens and threw a cookfire down near a chest and expected results.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Alxprit posted:

You know the thing you did to get the chest to open in Hubble? Do that again.

Oh, I haven't done that either. I know the chest you're talking about though

E: ok I got it. I got the hint from the wizard guy before to enter by the statue but I didn't know where to use this knowledge.

Baxate fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 25, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Ha, my wife had this exact problem last night. Enter by the statue, make a cross shape and exit at the bottom, bada bing.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

GoingPostal posted:

That's.... less terrible? That we'll still get the voices, anyway. Those were a big chunk of the charm, I thought.

But still pretty terrible. I wouldn't recommend anyone playing a DQ8 version without the orchestrated soundtrack. What I saw of the DS version on youtube sounded really bad in comparison.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Caidin posted:

I was checking the roster for Heroes 2 and it looks like they don't have anyone from V now, drat.

Gimme Deborah and/or the kids, Pankraz would also a totally acceptable overpowered option.

poo poo, now this game is trash to me until I hear Pankraz is in it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

some guy on the bus posted:

But still pretty terrible. I wouldn't recommend anyone playing a DQ8 version without the orchestrated soundtrack. What I saw of the DS version on youtube sounded really bad in comparison.

I know keeping things old school is the Dragon Quest way and all but I'm still surprised about how low quality the chip tunes or whatever the gently caress they're called they used, the music doesn't even sound as good as the DS remakes IIRC. I think the quality is a bit better than the original PS2 Japanese music (which was awful imo) but gently caress me, it still hasn't improved much

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Wendell posted:

poo poo, now this game is trash to me until I hear Pankraz is in it.

It's been out for something like half a year in Japan so RIP

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Worst game of the last half year then.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
They also got rid of loving Yangus.

Screw you DQH2

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Zore posted:

They also got rid of loving Yangus.

Screw you DQH2

I thought he was going to have some DLC thing that was character specific

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
Which version would be best? I don't have a PS2 anymore, so it's either mobile or 3DS at this point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if ps2 isn't an option, 3ds all the way. mobile lacks both voice acting and the good music.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
Yeah. I sold my PS2 for emergencies a long time ago. I'll be keeping an eye out for when it comes up on Amazon.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why would they remove characters

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mobile DQ8 is the only port in the series that ended up worse than the original. It has pretty bad framerate issues that are independent of the power of the device, and the forced portrait orientation diminishes the best-looking part, the landscapes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

why would they remove characters

from DQH2? new roster for new game. maybe couldn't get/afford for all voice actors to return plus new ones. could be a lot of reasons.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Caidin posted:

Bianca and Nera are in though? At least they're in here.

Prism fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 26, 2016

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Prism posted:

Bianca and Nera are in though? At least they're in here.

I went and did some digging, according to this article every character from the first DQH will be free dlc for multiplayer, but won't be in the main story. Still lame by my estimate. :colbert:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Anyone tried a dq7 no jobs run? Wonder if it's possible without massive grinding and seed abuse.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bigass Moth posted:

Anyone tried a dq7 no jobs run? Wonder if it's possible without massive grinding and seed abuse.

Why would you even try this? It sounds abosolutely awful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Never underestimate the stupid poo poo gamers will do. There's a Gone Home speedrunning community.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

precision posted:

Never underestimate the stupid poo poo gamers will do. There's a Gone Home speedrunning community.

Isn't that game only like five minutes long if you don't take your time to read about your lesbian sister and parents crumbling marriage?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a no class run isn't miserable enough for that sort. it would have to be a solo no class run at the very least.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Solo/no jobs/no items/final destination

KK
Dec 26, 2016

by Lowtax
IM RETARDED IDIOT 'DARE' FROM TRIBALWARS

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Zore posted:

Why would you even try this? It sounds abosolutely awful.

I wouldn't do it, I wanted to see if anyone had. It sounds punishingly unfun.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

KateKonitzer posted:

IM RETARDED IDIOT 'DARE' FROM TRIBALWARS

Do you have any tips on a solo no vocation dq7 run??

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Len posted:

Isn't that game only like five minutes long if you don't take your time to read about your lesbian sister and parents crumbling marriage?

its like 40 seconds long that way

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Len posted:

There's a trophy on the console versions, at least, for reaching the ending in under a minute.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man i might need to take a break from DQ7 for a while, im burning out at around 75 hours. Just about to hit Vogograd.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, Vogograd is a definitely a great place to take a week off, it's just the worst (storywise).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tantegal is just not fun in any way. Cantlin was the best chapter so far.