Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

Most of the staff is on break right now so here's two omake chapters we haven't done yet.

http://bato.to/reader#f5920798996d4d80
http://bato.to/reader#042e7ec4a5dabde0

We may or may not have a chapter next week, as we are out of scanned raws and our raw provider hasn't given me a date for when he'll be able to scan more.

Happy Holidays/New Year all!

My monster secret is that I really love this manga and all the dorks.

Oh my god Shima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
A Shining Shima Moment

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nice call-back to the maid cafe chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

Nice call-back to the maid cafe chapter.

I really love these sorta callbacks, like Shima mirroring Aizawa's confession during the school trip arc.

It's just so good.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I can't believe Shima is actually dead, for reals.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zeruel posted:

I can't believe Shima is actually dead, for reals.

it's for the best

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The most important question:
What is Akane's fursona's name?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The most important question:
What is Akane's fursona's name?

Armane the armadillo.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shima :ohdear:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
When Karen tells you to turn the page, you know you gotta seriously knuckle down and turn the hell out of it.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
And for those who can handle cool beauties...

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

i'm so glad count chocula got his own manga :)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ahahaha, Shima really... gets it :allears:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So when Drark called Kuromine the most popular man in the magazine, is that a reference to his status as harem protagonist, the result of a popularity poll, or just a joke?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Honestly I don't know. I don't think Jitsu is the #1 manga in that magazine, but I'll ask my translator tomorrow if he knows anything.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Thank you for the chapter, I hope you all have a nice break.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Terper posted:

So when Drark called Kuromine the most popular man in the magazine, is that a reference to his status as harem protagonist, the result of a popularity poll, or just a joke?

Asahi didn't even deny it. He knows what's up. :smug:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Tarage posted:

Honestly I don't know. I don't think Jitsu is the #1 manga in that magazine, but I'll ask my translator tomorrow if he knows anything.

Do you know if the manga with the vampire dude is being translated by anyone? It seems like fun!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
According to mangaupdates, it is not.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Figured I should give you guys an update.

The bad news: We're on hiatus. Our raw provider has stopped replying to me and we ran out of new chapters before Christmas. As things stand now, we don't have any way of continuing. There will be no chapter again this week.

The good news: I've lined up a replacement debinder-scanner. I've already bought the volumes from Japan and have sent them his way. This means we 'might' have a chapter on the 18th, or we might have one the week after if things don't go so well.

The other news: Jitsu wa in Japan is indeed ending. The climax occurred and it was glorious, but in typical Jitsu fashion the train keeps on chugging. The most recent raw answered a few questions. closed a plotline or two, but also was absurd for absurdity's sake. The general consensus among my staff is that it will probably end with chapter 196, since that would complete volume 22. Not quite 200, but close enough. The bwakas have earned their victory lap. What does this mean? Well, considering we're about 40 chapters behind the raws, expect the end to be scanlated some time near the end of next year. There's plenty of bwaka stories left, but the end is coming, and this upcoming arc really lays out the stakes.

I'll let you guys know when we have a new chapter, otherwise, sorry for the delay. We will finish this thing, so help me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thanks for all your hard work, no rush.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Thanks for all your hard work, no rush.

Not an emptyquote. Just adding emphasis.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I found the raw of chapter 191 and I know we usually don't post spoilers in this thread, but is Mikan yelling at her newspaper club flunkies on the fourth page? Have they even been in the manga since the first chapter?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

MikeSevigny posted:

I found the raw of chapter 191 and I know we usually don't post spoilers in this thread, but is Mikan yelling at her newspaper club flunkies on the fourth page? Have they even been in the manga since the first chapter?

No, that's a flashback to Mikan yelling at the paranormal investigators that Shirayuki called in to try to expose everyone's secrets. It hasn't happened yet, so don't worry about it.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Here's the new chapter. An epilogue of sorts to the Mikan/Oka arc.

http://bato.to/reader#efe74ceecb57e5b8

Also, like I've been saying for the past few weeks, Jitsu is indeed ending. It looks like 196 will be the last chapter: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-18/my-monster-secret-actually-i-am-manga-ends-in-4-chapters/.111131

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe Korea will finally import the series after it's done.

I can only hope.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Tarage posted:

Here's the new chapter. An epilogue of sorts to the Mikan/Oka arc.
I love all these drat bwakas :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Never seen a combination of :stare: and :3: before.

:star3:?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The running joke of everyone treating Mei and Asahi's regular sibling interactions as something super heartwarming with a knowing expression never gets old.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

that full page reaction shot needs to be framed and put in a museum

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TWIST FIST posted:

that full page reaction shot needs to be framed and put in a museum

Agreed :allears: Still, it's nice to see everyone have their hearts in the right place, if not their heads :v:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#827fff360ee2fc63

Hold on to your butts!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Tarage posted:

Hold on to your butts!

Our pretty, pretty butts.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Oh.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Alright then

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Shugojin posted:

Alright then
:stare:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Oh.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
:stare:

My butt... it was not ready...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

oh poo poo

this series is the greatest at coming up with twists that I would never see coming

• Locked thread