Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That one is loving hard though and there's one part I basically had to scum through to figure out the timing pattern for a nearby NPC chatter and how it lined up with where a camera would be pointing. So like when they said "Dexy" I knew it was safe to go lol. THat means theres no way that route is actually viable and I probably wont practice it to get a better time, Id have to look elsewhere for escape options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

i just unlocked the silenced pistol that doesnt get found in pat downs. i havent used it yet but the concept is awesome

I exclusively use this now lol

nice

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

welcome to colorado 47

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im already at like 80% completions now though so I think I'm just gonna 100% this map because I have it practically memorized now before starting Colorado.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rediscover posted:

i just unlocked the silenced pistol that doesnt get found in pat downs. i havent used it yet but the concept is awesome

Oh my goodness I wanted this so bad when I got the Mr. Rieper cheevo the other day but I had to dump my silenced pistol

Guess I'm working on Mastery after all~

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 targets ??? :pwn:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welcome to Colorado 47

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[Looking at a wall of urinals] four targets?!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that Colorado is basically Ground Zeroes but at the same time playing this makes me think "I could just boot up MGSV"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's kinda evident that mgsv dropped around the time they were making that map. Colorado seems to be the most polarizing on whether people like it or not.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It took me a long rear end time to clear it even though it's probably the smallest map. Kinda torn on it. May just move on to Hokkaido before getting the max mastery here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I do like that they went full blown Deus Ex at the end of this game.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

frank.club posted:

Yeah it's kinda evident that mgsv dropped around the time they were making that map. Colorado seems to be the most polarizing on whether people like it or not.

It kinda irks me that shooting out surveillance cameras doesn't merit investigation by enemies like it does in MGSV.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok they were saving all the insanely badass ideas from the fifth map for Hokkaido because goddamn even the intro cinematic for this level is giving me chills.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The target is the guy who runs our company. And his smoking hot Japanese attorney who he's leaking our data to. Also his organs are backwards, and the hospital he's undergoing surgery at is run by an AI. All equipment is OSP. Good luck

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

+ it's winter, extremely good season for settings

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The target is the guy who runs our company. And his smoking hot Japanese attorney who he's leaking our data to. Also his organs are backwards, and the hospital he's undergoing surgery at is run by an AI. All equipment is OSP. Good luck

Yes it's really cool

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Hokkaido rules and has one of the slickest assassinations in the game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After you play it a bunch look up the insane waster egg assassination it took people a month to figure out

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

After you play it a bunch look up the insane waster egg assassination it took people a month to figure out

wot are you speaking on?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

wot are you speaking on?

I meant Easter egg lol https://youtu.be/hv8whFS8Pxs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

What the gently caress

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I love this game

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Bad rear end

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love that the villain of the season, the ultimate target, is an insanely old man undergoing heart surgery for his hosed up retard organs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they spent all the voice actor money to get a japanese person to say things like "hello. please to be robot. operation success don~"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love Hokkaido. I haven't even attempted to follow any assassination ideas but I'm just wandering around these first two floors soaking everything in.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's really good, top 3 maps of the season at least. I found it kind of stifling and restrictive at first but then I realised that that was actually good

I guess my only real gripe is (don't read until you've done a few murders) pretty much every assassination on Soders apart from shooting him is just a variant on going up to a console near him and pressing G

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My favorite thing about Hokkaido is that after a whole game of all these crazy complex assassinations you can kill the main villain of the season by just finding his donor heart and hook shotting it into the trash can.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Or by walking up to him

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

My favorite thing about Hokkaido is that after a whole game of all these crazy complex assassinations you can kill the main villain of the season by just finding his donor heart and hook shotting it into the trash can.

You absolutely should try shooting it with the guards still alive in the room

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This is exactly what I did for my first run lmao. So sick, I wasn't expecting that, I was expecting like a tamper/poison prompt.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bangkok>Hokkaido=Sapienza>Paris>Marrakesh>Colorado

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

This is exactly what I did for my first run lmao. So sick, I wasn't expecting that, I was expecting like a tamper/poison prompt.

how do you know he's really dead. finish the fight 47

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

My plan now is to see if I can find the operating room and chuck an explosive duck onto the operating table. Failing that option I wanna find the AI and hack it so it kills him during surgery

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the 2001 scene with kai is super good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oddium posted:

I shot him after destroying the heart and got a challenge accomplishment just for making sure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The way doors work in this one make it seem like SASO is gonna be insane.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I shot him after destroying the heart and got a challenge accomplishment just for making sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

The way doors work in this one make it seem like SASO is gonna be insane.
there's an item that trivialises it but I'll let you find that for yourself. Yuou might need something from Colorado too

• Locked thread