Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People are stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

People are stupid.
Am person, can confirm.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It was kinda interesting. Not bad for a bloody JT Krul comic.
Freddie Williams art was cool.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

People are stupid.

Donald Trump is president. Can confirm.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/GuillemMarch/status/812659215001067521

Nice

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
You ever get about 80% of the way through theorizing about some big plot twist for a comic, then stop yourself by simply going "Wait a minute, it's probably exactly what the story seemed to imply on the surface because this is Geoff Johns we're talking about"?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So I'm getting close to finishing marvel comics the untold story and i was wondering if there was a good equivalent for DC?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

So I'm getting close to finishing marvel comics the untold story and i was wondering if there was a good equivalent for DC?

there will be in 10 years

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Well I did splurge and bought the last half of Vigilante (80s), Checkmate (80s), ostrander deadahot mini, peacemaker mini, Captain Atom (80s), and Blue Devil series. It feels good having 150ish comics that need reading.

I think next B1G1 sale I may start buying the Firestorm 80s series or Blue Beetle which should be up on comixology by then.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The 80s Blue Beetle series is a fun read.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Reading parts of Love Is Love between the other comics. It's definitely worth the $10 even before the charity aspect.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wonder Woman #13 is gonna be the first outright skippable issue of the run for me...kind of ironically since it moves the plot more than some other issues have but, drat, nothing in here was worth that creepy gangly fill-in art. And I ain't saying the art was the only problem, 'cuz a lot of the narrative is just Steve Trevor going "Dear Diary Journal: Diana is just so nifty! I don't know what I'd do without her! Oh dear me we're being shot at I heart Diana so much!"

I guess the issue might also be worth browsing if you're interested at all in Rucka's Rebirth incarnation of Fan Favorite Iconic Supervillain Dr. Poison...but, eh, she didn't impress me much yet either. She's pretty much just a skilled but otherwise completely ordinary operative right now who doesn't do any fancy or poisonous things :v:. She as much admits that she'd be no match for WW if she were in her right mind...in which case why are you even a WW villain?

Detective Comics...uh. I don't really know what to think about this. I'm not outright, vehemently against what Stephanie says and does here but I don't think any of it is...like, supported nearly enough to make this turn of events all that sensible or satisfying. The fact is that this world is what it is, and it is a world of superpowers and supervillains and that's happened long before Batman and will continue long after Batman is gone. She might as well go to every other superhero in the DCU and be like "You have to stop doing any harm whatsoever, no matter what good you might do, because things should just be different!"

Ultimately I think the only real reason she's on this little stilted crusade is because of Tim. Makes it all easy to fix when he comes back of course, but on the downside it makes her come across really irrational in the meantime.

Also in this issue: Tim canonically saw Dr. Manhattan's big blue wang and fainted or something.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Reading parts of Love Is Love between the other comics. It's definitely worth the $10 even before the charity aspect.

It's a very nice comic but it did give DC its very own Crying Doom moment

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh yeah. The the things involving superheroes were usually the worst parts. I think Batman walking around the dead bodies in the club was crass as hell, but that's not the most of it, luckily.

e: I do enjoy that this dude wrote a lil' Deadshot comic, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbEOr5Weqb8

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 29, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I thought the whole thing was incredibly corny, but at least DC tried.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TwoPair posted:

"Woah, woah, guns killed people? Well, no more of that for me, Deathstroke the Terminator. I only kill people with karate now!"

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I like how he just tosses his guns in the trash can for whatever kid/homeless person/etc to find and use for whatever. "Guns disgust me, they can be used to kill innocent people! I better get my guns out of my hands, and into the hands of whatever random person stumbles across them."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/28/seperated-at-birth-jennifer-connelly-and-wonder-woman/

BC (or whatever tipster) noticed a photo reference in this upcoming Wonder Woman variant

Modelling after Jennifer Connelly would rarely be a bad thing, I'd say, but if you've seen Requiem For a Dream, there might be a reason the tug at your memory feels a little... uncomfortable.

edit: Jenny Frison's covers are amazing, btw. I'm not wishing her any trouble, it's just funny.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 29, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my god, is that really from that scene?

rear end 2 rear end for those wondering

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

rear end 2 rear end for those wondering

That guy should've gotten the Oscar.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno is right. The Vigilante series from the 80s is good and the back half is really good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

The best way to dispose of your guns is definitely to drop them in a random dumpster sticking out. No way anyone will try to take them or anything!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Rhyno is right. The Vigilante series from the 80s is good and the back half is really good.

Have I ever lead you guys astray?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rhyno posted:

Don't you habitually tell people to read The Crossing?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

We will see once i read 80s captain atom.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

How many times have you recommended Avengers #200?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

No, I just threaten to beat people with my Omnibus of it.

Mr Hootington posted:

We will see once i read 80s captain atom.

WE SHALL SEE

Madkal posted:

I don't think I have ever started that, I usually just dogpile on it.

THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS HOW MANY COPIES OF ONSLAUGHT REBORN HAVE I SENT TO UNSUSPECTING GOONS HAHAHAHA I LOST TRACK

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Madkal posted:

That's me

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

you should stop that

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
This has been bugging me. So the latest Action Comics cover - isn't this a reference to another cover? I thought it was a Flash reference, but I can't seem to find a cover layout that this would be a homage to. Link for reference

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The layout doesn't follow any of the covers, but you can't say "The Trial of..." at DC without it being a nod to The Flash.
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-trial-of-the-flash/4045-58229/issues/

edit: Here's a Trial of Superman Jurgens worked on in the mid 90's. The alien tribunal thing seems to be shared with this story. He did use Doomsday earlier, so he's probably still referring to his old stuff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trial_of_Superman

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 30, 2016

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I was super hyped for the Titans finale and instead of actually committing and giving me what I want it delivered with the wettest fart imaginable.

I wish they could've just given Wally a solo so the book wouldn't be dragged in this lame direction. It waters down both Wally's story and the Titans.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm excited for the atom special and the captain atom mini. Help I'm broken.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status/814881140448194560

:dance:

EDIT: gently caress's sake Rocafort, this mask doesn't have loving lips

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOnsSOkBInv/?hl=es

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 30, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

'All the better to kiss you with, my dear D_T!'-

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

'All the better to kiss you with, my dear D_T!'-

This is a Jason Todd I can get behind. He seems like a dude you could have a beer with.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dear artists. Please draw red hood mask like deadpool's mask. Lots of emoting and lips.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
First D_T post related to red hood in a while that didn't seem like he was jerking off while typing

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I was super hyped for the Titans finale and instead of actually committing and giving me what I want it delivered with the wettest fart imaginable.
I'm curious what about the finale specifically bothered you, because I also felt a little weird about it for reasons I can't really explain.

The whole "Just let go of your past with Linda and make new memories" stuff was...I dunno. I was hoping that Wally would continue to be "pre-Flashpoint Wally," the guy who truly remembers the past and what everything was like back then, but it feels like Abnett is set on turning him into a "N52 Wally"...as in, the Wally of and belonging to this altered world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

First D_T post related to red hood in a while that didn't seem like he was jerking off while typing

Unpossible.