Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Sorry 3:45 guy, the Сука is you Ю

Not really, it's not super clear if there are any lane markings at the spot but the guy turning is supposed to check his mirror before making that turn. There are a bunch of clips dedicated just to this mistake, this particular one is about overtaking but the result is the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgPQlnhEJZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Mikl posted:

Official NHI research: about one medical emergency per 20.000 passengers per year, with 8-10% serious enough to warrant diverting the plane and 0,8-1,0% resulting in death, so about 1 death per 200.000 passengers.

Meanwhile, plane crashes kill approx. 1.000 people per year, which considering that there are 3 billion passengers flying each year means 1 death per 3.000.000 passengers.

i.e.: you are fifteen times more likely to die from an in-flight medical emergency that you are from a plane crash.

One percent of 1/20,000 is 1/2,000,000.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

mobby_6kl posted:

Not really, it's not super clear if there are any lane markings at the spot but the guy turning is supposed to check his mirror before making that turn. There are a bunch of clips dedicated just to this mistake, this particular one is about overtaking but the result is the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgPQlnhEJZY

Is Russia full of the world's shittiest loving drivers or does it just seem that way because of the prevalence of dashcams there?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does no one in Russia check their blind spot?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know how to disable that HERE'S OTHER VIDEOS TO CLICK ON poo poo in the youtube player? I've noticed it the last couple weeks and it always fucks up the last 2-3 snippets of a video.I have annotations and all that turned off in settings, but they are still popping up when the video plays.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Is Russia full of the world's shittiest loving drivers or does it just seem that way because of the prevalence of dashcams there?

It's almost certainly confirmation bias, I wouldn't be surprised if they're better at driving than Americans.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Anyone know how to disable that HERE'S OTHER VIDEOS TO CLICK ON poo poo in the youtube player? I've noticed it the last couple weeks and it always fucks up the last 2-3 snippets of a video.I have annotations and all that turned off in settings, but they are still popping up when the video plays.

I use this rule in Stylish:

code:
.ytp-ce-element {
    display: none;
}

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Magic Actions for YouTube.

Best Chrome extension

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

One percent of 1/20,000 is 1/2,000,000.

You're 100% correct, I hosed up my math there. My bad. I guess the schadenfreude is on me this time.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Pissflaps posted:

русский авось

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Mikl posted:

You're 100% correct, I hosed up my math there. My bad. I guess the schadenfreude is on me this time.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, you're still more likely to die of a midair medical emergency than a plane crash :shobon:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Which with my luck means I'll have a medical emergency in the middle of said plane crash.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pissflaps posted:

Why can't it be both? :allears:

im pooping! posted:

It's almost certainly confirmation bias, I wouldn't be surprised if they're better at driving than Americans.
No way, it's not even close, they have like twice as many fatalities per capita and 5x per vehicle, not to mention per mile which I assume would be even worse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Does no one in Russia check their blind spot?
Most of those clips take place when overtaking in the oncoming lane, so checking your mirror/blindspot is just not that intuitive when you just saw a vehicle going in the opposite direction there. It's a huge fuckup of course.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Which with my luck means I'll have a medical emergency in the middle of said plane crash.

Dying of a heart attack before the plane crash breaks both of your legs and burns you alive seems like a blessing.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

TriggerHappy posted:

Tokyo also has multiple operators, most of which don't cross honor tickets purchased for other lines. Probably less of an issue with a JR Pass, but even that doesn't work on all the lines in Tokyo I think. So you end up buying a ticket for most transfers.

The trains are super clean, people actually wait in line to board trains, and wait for people to leave before trying to board. But the system is confusing as all hell. The NYC subway was a good training ground but I still had all kinds of trouble using the Tokyo subway.

chitoryu12 posted:

Having never been to Japan, is learning Japanese essential to doing anything as a tourist? That map looks completely impenetrable to anyone who's not fluent.

I thought the Tokyo rail system was the best in the world. Transfers were easy, getting around was easy, and tourism was easy. Trains and the city were clean as gently caress, polar opposite of NYC. My wife and I had a blast and engaged with locals everywhere we went, it was an amazing time and I have nothing negative to say about my Tokyo vacation, and I'm eagerly trying to go back. I don't speak any Japanese other than the normal Hello, Thank you, "Vegetarian" , good morning, etc... Phone apps make it very very easy as well.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

mobby_6kl posted:

Why can't it be both? :allears:

No way, it's not even close, they have like twice as many fatalities per capita and 5x per vehicle, not to mention per mile which I assume would be even worse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

Most of those clips take place when overtaking in the oncoming lane, so checking your mirror/blindspot is just not that intuitive when you just saw a vehicle going in the opposite direction there. It's a huge fuckup of course.

Russia has an amazing combination of lots of dashcams, terrible drivers, extremely lax driving enforcement, and roads that are poorly designed/not marked/iced over/have no lanes (choose any combination)

I really wish I could find it now but way back someone posted a compilation of Russian drivers turning down two-lane roads and unintentionally blocking people that decided to drive in the opposing lane to skirt traffic. It was so satisfying seeing all these people getting super pissed that their master plan of driving in the opposing traffic lane didnt work. One lady is so committed to not being blamed that when she finds herself blocked by someone that refuses to back up so she can continue skipping traffic she then acts like her car is broken down and gets out and opens her hood to be like "oh no, you might as well unblock me to go on your way because my car is definitely for sure 100% broken down in this lane oh no!".

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RizieN posted:

I thought the Tokyo rail system was the best in the world. Transfers were easy, getting around was easy, and tourism was easy. Trains and the city were clean as gently caress, polar opposite of NYC. My wife and I had a blast and engaged with locals everywhere we went, it was an amazing time and I have nothing negative to say about my Tokyo vacation, and I'm eagerly trying to go back. I don't speak any Japanese other than the normal Hello, Thank you, "Vegetarian" , good morning, etc... Phone apps make it very very easy as well.

that's because they shoot homeless people and grind them up to make their money

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Scruff McGruff posted:

Russia has an amazing combination of lots of dashcams, terrible drivers, extremely lax driving enforcement, and roads that are poorly designed/not marked/iced over/have no lanes (choose any combination)

I really wish I could find it now but way back someone posted a compilation of Russian drivers turning down two-lane roads and unintentionally blocking people that decided to drive in the opposing lane to skirt traffic. It was so satisfying seeing all these people getting super pissed that their master plan of driving in the opposing traffic lane didnt work. One lady is so committed to not being blamed that when she finds herself blocked by someone that refuses to back up so she can continue skipping traffic she then acts like her car is broken down and gets out and opens her hood to be like "oh no, you might as well unblock me to go on your way because my car is definitely for sure 100% broken down in this lane oh no!".

There's a Russian group that goes and stands on sidewalks around congested intersections to block rear end in a top hat drivers and put "I'm a douchebag" stickers on them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHJxIwvFIGY

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It could be worse.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

CommanderApaul posted:

There's a Russian group that goes and stands on sidewalks around congested intersections to block rear end in a top hat drivers and put "I'm a douchebag" stickers on them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHJxIwvFIGY

They're doing gods work , is that the video where the guy threatens them with a gun?

Like yeah you're being an utter rear end in a top hat trying to avoid traffic by driving on a foot path , then you compound it by pulling out a gun on those that dare to stand in your way .... on said foot path

I'm mobile so can't load the video

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

State nickname makes it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Show me :pervert:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Woman on the left is professional as hell.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Sappo569 posted:

They're doing gods work , is that the video where the guy threatens them with a gun?

Like yeah you're being an utter rear end in a top hat trying to avoid traffic by driving on a foot path , then you compound it by pulling out a gun on those that dare to stand in your way .... on said foot path

I'm mobile so can't load the video

They have a bunch, this is the one with the lady who drives to the gas station with one of them on the hood. And the guy with the government sticker in the window.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

God this cracked me up.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ahahahaha. This is beautifully harmless and entertaining.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My California plates started with 6UYG00, or "guy goo".

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Randy Orton?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

flosofl posted:

My understanding was her heart actually stopped beating.

AED doesn't help if the heart stops. It's to correct arrhythmia, it cannot start a heart that has stopped beating. No defibrillator can.

No, there's certain types of heart rythyms present in cardiac arrest (when your heart stops beating). It won't shock asystole (no electrical activity at all), or pulseless electrical activity (your heart is still trying to fire but the activity basically isn't going anywhere), but it will shock the gently caress out of ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation (where the heart's electrical system is going insane and it's either contracting so fast there's no heartbeat, or is just quivering). The fact that they got a return of spontaneous circulation means she definitely got effectively shocked, since CPR just keeps some blood flowing to the brain, and the ACLS medications for cardiac arrest are all basically ways to try to get some kind of shockable activity back. An AED will not shock under any circumstances if your heart is still beating.

I'm an EMT who's worked four arrests in the past few months, and we didn't get any of them to the hospital with pulses. Saves are incredibly rare, and survival to discharge is at about 8 percent and there's usually a lot of damage.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Princess Leia has finally gone back to Alderaan.

The Schadenfreude is from the people in the tread who will cry that they learned about it here.

And now 2016 has taken her mother as well.

Debbie Reynolds just died of a stroke.

gently caress 2016.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Saving all sorts of Medicare costs up in here!

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Debbie Reynolds pulls a Victor Wong.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

flosofl posted:

And now 2016 has taken her mother as well.

Debbie Reynolds just died of a stroke.

gently caress 2016.

supposedly she just said "I miss her so much" and collapsed while planning her daughter's funeral

kinda fitting that princess leia's mother died of a broken heart ayyyy

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Same bunch that does the killer clown stuff?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've seen this prank before, but this time it went to great new places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

flosofl posted:

Same bunch that does the killer clown stuff?

They actually found a guy who had lost both his legs and had a great sense of humour.