Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Advice posted:

Of course he hugged him, he was grateful that Squardo was powering him up.

From "Squardo is only stabbing Whitebeard to power him up", to "Blackbeard has fetus brothers inside him that let him use extra Devil Fruits", the Whitebeard arc had the best dumb-as-poo poo theories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
blackbeards got two souls, prob

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
eat devil fruit: soul gets will/voice of that thing.

put soul into thing, then will/voice of thing into that soul, you got a gun dog or an elephant sword.

s.a.d. is just a bunch of individual animal wills/voice or w/e.

or something.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also shadows are like the reflection of someone's will.

theres probably a better way to piece that stuff together.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm a gum-gum man, the true self

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

nanomachines

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
crazy theories are fun

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
he can have multiple fruits because of the dark dark fruit and you're dumb if you think otherwise

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i thought maybe the dark-dark fruit's power lets him steal devil fruit powers in addition to the other OP stuff it does

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it lets him steal fetuses and bring them unto himself

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess Blackbeard is really keeping us in the dark about what his fruit does, huh.

Once the truth comes out, the tremors will reverberate through the entire fandom.

A devilish surprise indeed.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Advice posted:

Of course he hugged him, he was grateful that Squardo was powering him up.

lmao this thread is so often mentally retarded

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

mabels big day posted:

i thought maybe the dark-dark fruit's power lets him steal devil fruit powers in addition to the other OP stuff it does

This is pretty blatantly the implication, since it's kind of honestly terrible relative to other Zoan fruits besides Plume Plume yet he calls it the king and just touching Ace and Luffy before took their powers away. There's a tidbit further on that sells this but it's a few volumes away for you I think.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You mean Logia.

Zoan is animals.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

tbp posted:

lmao this thread is so often mentally retarded

that was obviously a joke cause whitebeard proceeds to get up and wreck EVERYONES poo poo whos actually mentally retarded idk

all I want from this arc is judge explaining some of the devil fruit esque poo poo that we all thought vegapunk was gonna dump cause oda is trying to cut up the super infodump

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 29, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mabels big day posted:

what actually happened is he ate the mythical zoan: cerberus. then one head ate a logia and one ate a paramecia. check out his flag and believe it

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

oddium posted:

what actually happened is he ate the mythical zoan: cerberus. then one head ate a logia and one ate a paramecia. check out his flag and believe it

What about all the devil fruit users he's been hunting since they timeskip?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

he's pulling their fruits out and keeping them in a giant donkey kong banana horde

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

drjuggalo posted:

that was obviously a joke cause whitebeard proceeds to get up and wreck EVERYONES poo poo whos actually mentally retarded idk

all I want from this arc is judge explaining some of the devil fruit esque poo poo that we all thought vegapunk was gonna dump cause oda is trying to cut up the super infodump

no at the time, "squard stabs whitebeard to power him up" was not a joke, it was a legitimate theory someone in this thread had

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

oddium posted:

he's pulling their fruits out and keeping them in a giant donkey kong banana horde

This checks out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mabels big day posted:

It's definitely this, the real question is how he can use two fruits at once.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Chapter is out

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece/en/0/851/page/1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably the correct reaction.

Arc's getting better and better and it was stellar to begin with.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oda's been watching old Regular Show episodes.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yes yes yeS YES YES

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also Pudding removing Reiju's memories after taunting her pretty much seals the deal that she's just evil.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Radish posted:

Also Pudding removing Reiju's memories after taunting her pretty much seals the deal that she's just evil.

Oh yeah this entire chapter was basically an utter annihilation of Pudding being a good person. Along with more suffering for Sanji.

The Flick's via font basically reading as 'gently caress' are super appropriate for that scene.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wonder if beating big mom would reverse all the effects of her power, like giving the lifespan she took from people back. kinda like how it worked with moria

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
JINBEI

JINBEEEEEEEEEEEEEI

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
JINBEEEEEEEEEEI

Didn't get the eyepatch, or seemingly any cool pirate digs from Mama's wheel.

Also, god drat that Brook panel is rad

Millions fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 29, 2016

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Manatee Cannon posted:

I wonder if beating big mom would reverse all the effects of her power, like giving the lifespan she took from people back. kinda like how it worked with moria

Since Sugars power can also be reverted in the same way, that's a safe bet.

Also Jinbe is finally joining the crew! :woop:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
MAH MAN!

Also gonna have to finally let the "Pudding is super-secret good" angle go. Too many mental gymnastics necessary to reasonably justify it at this point.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

JINBEI!
BROOK CALLED MAMA YOUNG LADY!

Holy poo poo what a chapter.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

MAH MAN!

Also gonna have to finally let the "Pudding is super-secret good" angle go. Too many mental gymnastics necessary to reasonably justify it at this point.

Yeah, probably. Oh well. I wonder what other memories she's edited? Have we had any plot points this arc where we think Pudding did something because we, the audience heard one character telling another character about it? Because anything like that is now called into question.

edit: Also, anything told in flashback is potentially suspect. Like Pedro's backstory.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 29, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

MAH MAN!

I dunno, this latest revelation about her Fruit combined with that Lola flashback opens up the possibility that she edited her own memories to bring about this personality shift. No way we're going to know for sure until it's explicitly spelled out for us, though.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Yessssssss what a chapter.

Brook gets the best lines :allears:

JINBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Crazyeyes posted:

Not really. The third eye possibly being an indicator of an alternate personality is still a fairly simple explanation.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Millions posted:

JINBEEEEEEEEEEI

Didn't get the eyepatch, or seemingly any cool pirate digs from Mama's wheel.

Also, god drat that Brook panel is rad

Jimbei's left leg is not visible yet

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

tsob posted:

Not really. The third eye possibly being an indicator of an alternate personality is still a fairly simple explanation.

I kind of like this idea because of the parallelism. Pudding can alter the memories of everyone around her, but she herself can't remember what her 'evil' personality does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sanji is finally going to take the red pill