Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
See, it's subverting the tropes by...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Why would a Friday the 13th game subvert tropes?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'd honestly be disappointed if they didn't play every stereotype to the max.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's important to know is there a sex/drugs/alcohol feature that makes you show up to Jason so he can beeline for you?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

al-azad posted:

The black character is the best runner you say :allears:

Her intelligence is also 2/10, pretty hosed up. I think only the female characters have low intelligence but don't quote me on that.

Len posted:

It's important to know is there a sex/drugs/alcohol feature that makes you show up to Jason so he can beeline for you?

No, sadly, but I can see why that's not in (ratings bullshit) but apparently if you go into Jason's cabin (where his mother's head/clothing are) he gets alerted.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

s.i.r.e. posted:

I think only the female characters have low intelligence but don't quote me on that.

Smartest character's a lady, also the highest composure is too if I remember right.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Yardbomb posted:

Smartest character's a lady, also the highest composure is too if I remember right.

Not a shock, you need to have a Final Girl.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I think that intelligence is only used when fixing things, so I guess it could be better labeled as mechanical smarts rather than like booksmarts

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
The saddest part is, they made Mark the wheelchair guy from part II a kickstarter stretch goal and they didn't reach it.

Playing as Mark would have loving owned though you'll be completely hosed. Also the game is pretty enjoyable but the animations and character movement is something that leaves more to be desired. It's fun as hell being Jason.

Edit: Just looked, they also promised SP with bots as a stretch goal but that failed too, however it seems like the devs were forgiving and are adding it anyway, alongside other goals like the window kill. Maybe we'll get wheelchair guy after all?

BillBear fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 22, 2016

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

BillBear posted:

The saddest part is, they made Mark the wheelchair guy from part II a kickstarter stretch goal and they didn't reach it.

Playing as Mark would have loving owned though you'll be completely hosed. Also the game is pretty enjoyable but the animations and character movement is something that leaves more to be desired. It's fun as hell being Jason.

Edit: Just looked, they also promised SP with bots as a stretch goal but that failed too, however it seems like the devs were forgiving and are adding it anyway, alongside other goals like the window kill. Maybe we'll get wheelchair guy after all?

Mark will be OP as gently caress, just wait.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
The best part is The Prep gonking out every time you start a round.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

BillBear posted:

They raised another 800K on their current crowdfunding site. Any of the stuff they missed could be DLC in the future.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 22, 2016

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I spent the day drawing cool Jason pics and no one had a spare code.

Gonna just keep drawing

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

It's kinda late since I've been out all day, but check your PMs.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Thank you, brave codesman/woman. I uphold my bargain. Here are silly Jason pics.

1. A Present For Mom

2. The Gift of the Magi

3. The Fear of Everything

Thank you and goodnight

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Little Mac posted:

Thank you, brave codesman/woman. I uphold my bargain. Here are silly Jason pics.

1. A Present For Mom

2. The Gift of the Magi

3. The Fear of Everything

Thank you and goodnight

These are great dude!

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
So for #2 is the joke that Jason pawned his machete and Freddy his knifegloves and I guess they buy them back for each other as gifts? :confused:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

DropsySufferer posted:

So for #2 is the joke that Jason pawned his machete and Freddy his knifegloves and I guess they buy them back for each other as gifts? :confused:

first go read gift of the magi, second they bought knife sharpeners for each other.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

what kind of store buys hair for God's sake

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Ranma Fan Art posted:

what kind of store buys hair for God's sake

having worked in a pawn shop hair would probably be one of the less weirder things people try to sell.

though you better god drat believe we'd take your smelly knife glove and dull as poo poo machete.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

"Sold my hair to buy you a watch chain"

"Oh good I can use my fancy watch to distract from my bald wife"

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

"Oh thank god he got rid of that goony as gently caress pocket watch and I got a cute pixie cut."

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

She sold the hair to an old timey wig maker you goof.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Terrible Opinions posted:

She sold the hair to an old timey wig maker you goof.

well now I know don't I

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
how do i go about begging for access to the beta for the jason game friends :pray:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best part of the Friday the 13th game is that voice is tied to location unless people find walkie talkies. Which means Jason can hear you talking or calling out you've found something if you're loud and he's near by. And if the Jason player has a mic he can talk back :getin: I had a round with a Jason player that would whistle this every time he started to close in on someone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1NN9rnNpEQ

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Clearly the only option is to play the ominous music from the movies when you start to close in on someone

Or the vengabus

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The correct answer is whisper "ki ki ma ma" as you close in.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The best part of the Friday the 13th game is that voice is tied to location unless people find walkie talkies. Which means Jason can hear you talking or calling out you've found something if you're loud and he's near by. And if the Jason player has a mic he can talk back :getin: I had a round with a Jason player that would whistle this every time he started to close in on someone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1NN9rnNpEQ

Yessss, my favorite part of Rust was screaming fake hillbilly threats at my naked, defenseless victims honorable opponent as I chased them around the map. This is a brand new day

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So it seems like the Friday the 13th Beta got extended for today as well, I have an extra code of anyone wants it.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

s.i.r.e. posted:

So it seems like the Friday the 13th Beta got extended for today as well, I have an extra code of anyone wants it.

pm me that good stuff my dude :cheers:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I've been obsessing over let's plays of Friday the 13th and even shelled out for the Virtual Cabin. I hate I missed the beta but I'm so psyched for release.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Knockoff Horror Furby?
https://twitter.com/torahhorse/status/814175588168691717
It actually doesn't look half bad and it's only $6 CAD, but on the other hand it also looks like the "wander around with a flashlight" style of horror that's been plaguing Steam for a while. Good trailer though.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Knockoff Horror Furby?
It actually doesn't look half bad and it's only $6 CAD, but on the other hand it also looks like the "wander around with a flashlight" style of horror that's been plaguing Steam for a while. Good trailer though.

:stare:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's a ridiculously busy looking UI.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
"So, how do we combine a tamagotchi with a bomb collar?"

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Improbable Lobster posted:

Knockoff Horror Furby?

this is one of the dudes behind sonic dreams collection and bubsy visits the james turrell retrospective if that interests anyone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I watched mr kravin's playthrough of it, it was pretty neat tho the ending was pretty standard and kinda lame imo but otherwise it was a cool game.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
The intro looks interesting but not the gameplay so pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

VERY COOL MAN posted:

this is one of the dudes behind sonic dreams collection and bubsy visits the james turrell retrospective if that interests anyone

Yes, very