Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mild mannered fox mccloud was angry because no one likes his game. then he punched a locker and kissed falco

e: ah beans that was supposed to go to austin for tomorrow's article. please don't read it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The room tension was palatable when they were talking about palmer luckey

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

alex was not having any of that other poo poo during that talk while everyone else was trying to be all passive about it

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I won't listen for days please spoil how lame Palmer Lucky is

Edit: Oh yeah I remember now that guy sucks

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 29, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

alex was not having any of that other poo poo during that talk while everyone else was trying to be all passive about it

Yeah that was a standout moment for sure, and thank god someone finally gave that situation the gravity it deserves

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

I won't listen for days please spoil how lame Palmer Lucky is

He funded white supremacist groups in the lead up to the us election and then got disappeared off the face of the earth after he bragged about it online.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

meanwhile another oculus/facebook exec just got picked up for what he thought was a 15 year old girl

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Waypoint's next hot scoop will be "the rich are scum"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmao at Dan playing Stardew Valley music that sounds like a baby's toy outside of context

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all the stardew valley music sounds like i'm in a fever dream. except journey of the prarie king which is song of the year

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Fumaofthelake posted:

Waypoint's next hot scoop will be "the rich are scum"

that would be nice

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

Jeff doesn't like a lot of good video games but he also doesn't like Patrick so still a net positive in my book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-zEkFaaN8Y

Patrick: You're a reporter, you're just like me.

Jeff: :smugmrgw:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Austin Walker's Top 10 Games to Watch in 2016
by Austin Walker on December 29, 2016
Waypoint's Austin Walker takes time out of his busy fan fiction writing schedule to talk about the games he loved watching in 2016.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the Backwards Compatible category is really weird, like why would they do that lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the Backwards Compatible category is really weird, like why would they do that lol

yesterday they were saying day of the tenticle really needed a remake with improved graphics and i felt like i was going nuts

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

yesterday they were saying day of the tenticle really needed a remake with improved graphics and i felt like i was going nuts

Odin Sphere got robbed. They did all the same work as Day of the Tentacle guys did but also improved performance by a million percent oh and it's a loving beautiful game with a godly OST. It's literally the definition of Best Remake!!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYYbmdL784g

I'm probably going to buy Leifthrasir tomorrow even tho I've already beat the original game many times

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao at Dan playing Stardew Valley music that sounds like a baby's toy outside of context

lol yah even tho the music grew on me, its fucken stupid on its own

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

In Training posted:

The room tension was palatable when they were talking about palmer luckey

:raise:

palpable?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Machai posted:

:raise:

palpable?

Well they listened to the whole thing so it was also palatable

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im with Jeff on his confusion over the love of Inside. add any ambiguity to a game and western video game journalists will felate it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd be bummed if every time Rez infinite comes up in these conversations they remove it and say "like well it's just an old game it shouldn't count"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

im with Jeff on his confusion over the love of Inside. add any ambiguity to a game and western video game journalists will felate it

I like most walky/feely games but Limbo never clicked for me and Inside looks like they just made the same exact game. Plus, like most indie games it's all style no substance

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like most walky/feely games but Limbo never clicked for me and Inside looks like they just made the same exact game. Plus, like most indie games it's all style no substance

Yah exactly. Imo Inside is barely a game, there's no real challenge, you can finish the game in 2 hours, nothing is explained, the feels you get are visceral ones from watching your child character die some heinous way. The whole point of Inside is to post theories around it's ambiguities in the Games forum and to make itself seem more smarter than it is. I feel the same way for the witness but at least that is much more of a game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Limbo was lame because it was the worst kind of platformer, where you're just constantly instakilled by invisible traps and you have to go through by muscle memory.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i liked the puzzles in limbo, simple as they were

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Odin Sphere got robbed. They did all the same work as Day of the Tentacle guys did but also improved performance by a million percent oh and it's a loving beautiful game with a godly OST. It's literally the definition of Best Remake!!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYYbmdL784g

I'm probably going to buy Leifthrasir tomorrow even tho I've already beat the original game many times

i think its a thing where jason is the only person who played it, unfortunately.

slightly funny thing: the one reason they all have about why overwatch is so good is that it hides their stats.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 30, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Did the Odin sphere remake fix the gameplay cause I rmember it being janky in a not fun way

Maybe that was just brutal slowdown tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol I got to the doom discussion on the first day. Brad breathlessly wheezing about codec logs is so good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bump_fn posted:

Did the Odin sphere remake fix the gameplay cause I rmember it being janky in a not fun way

Maybe that was just brutal slowdown tho

yeah, that's another thing. they still have the original mode in there iirc, but the main draw is the updated new combat system which plays more like Muramasa

Soral
May 30, 2009

i love it every time brad says "dude!!!" or "oh my god!!!" about something only he could possibly care about in the goty podcasts. the one last year when he was losing his mind while playing the starcraft 2 trailer lmao

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Soral posted:

i love it every time brad says "dude!!!" or "oh my god!!!" about something only he could possibly care about in the goty podcasts. the one last year when he was losing his mind while playing the starcraft 2 trailer lmao

Jeff being super polite "oh yeah maybe that's cool with context"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

Lol that starcraft 2 bit was the most baffling thing ive heard them do.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

brad describing the entire ending to starcraft 2 expansion while no one says anything was amazing

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

oh lmao i remember that now

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"Now imagine you're waking up..."
"Is this Donkey Kong picking up his bananas?"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

all of them slowly revealing they played clash royale for 10000 hours

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Brads Rock Band singing was surprisingly touching

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It speaks volumes to the quality of VR that their VR award went to google maps