Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I need 4 more Rock Worms and I can upgrade them to Mythic (okay, I need 3 to upgrade and I run 2 in my setup) and I can hardly wait. This has taken so, so many gold chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Anyone else having trouble loading the game (on mobile)?

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Anyone else having trouble loading the game (on mobile)?

Yeah, getting constant timeouts when trying to open chests too. General chat's abuzz about it. I gave up and will try again later.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Would someone mind throwing me a guild invite? Code is TENSOKUU.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I checked the forums. The devs are aware of the connection issues.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Anyone have any ideas on an all-blue PVP team? Just some unsynergistic, greatest hits of blue troops?

Lady Andariel and Justice are ok gem creators. Mab works with Justice. Khorvash is great, but Justice would have to be in the first slot, and doesn't buff herself. Wight is the only blue mana soul generator.

Khorvash/ Wight/ Mab/ Andariel? A team of 3 Justice and a Mab?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Wait the all blue can be blue mix? That would be so much easier than straight blue like I thought...

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Anyone have any ideas on an all-blue PVP team? Just some unsynergistic, greatest hits of blue troops?

Khorvash/Deep Borer/Apothecary/Celestasia? Everything works towards filling Khorvash and keeping things clear of status effects.

Edit: Kraken banner (2 brown, 1 blue, -1 purple), I think, rather than the +2 blue banner.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Blackhawk actually gave us some nice blue options. I'm using Deck Hand**/Bonnie***/Pirate***/Sharkey***, and the only real downsides are Deck Hand and Bonnie share both mana types (Red/Blue) and no one is higher than Epic so they're kinda weak. That's offset by getting 3 different sets of synergy stat bonuses (Rogue General [+2 Attack, +3 Life, +1 Armor], Human Captain [+1 Armor, +1 Attack, +1 Life], and King of Pirates [+3 Attack, +3 Life, +1 Armor]).

That said, I'm probably going to find a greatest hits team to use instead.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Grundulum posted:

Khorvash/Deep Borer/Apothecary/Celestasia? Everything works towards filling Khorvash and keeping things clear of status effects.

Edit: Kraken banner (2 brown, 1 blue, -1 purple), I think, rather than the +2 blue banner.

Not bad, but if Khorvash bites it that is a lot of useless focus on Brown gems.

I will keep testing. A big problem is that I would rather have 40 souls than 400 gold. So Wight must be on the team.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

I will keep testing. A big problem is that I would rather have 40 souls than 400 gold. So Wight must be on the team.

Green Slime/Wight/Mab/Celestasia, Lion Banner. Could sub Treant for Slime if you want something steadier.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Not bad, but if Khorvash bites it that is a lot of useless focus on Brown gems.

I assume blue Hero weapons count. You could use the Blue/Yellow weapon (Soul Blade maybe?) that generates souls instead of Wight. Also if you set your class to Warlord and use the Giant perk you would get the 25% bonus on your hero.

I was using Knight Coronet / Queen Ysabelle / Valor / Bronzelock Pistol (Knight Class Hero) earlier. I basically use the same team with Pride Guard subbed in for Valor for PVP anyway.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I almost lost to a guy running a Jarl with nothing else, the double elemental/giant buff made it ridiculous and it kept getting lucky chains.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Depends posted:

I almost lost to a guy running a Jarl with nothing else, the double elemental/giant buff made it ridiculous and it kept getting lucky chains.

lol

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I got a ton of chests for free, I assume it was a christmas thing? I got some nice poo poo out of it though. Now my team is all purple tier except the life drain zombie. This Tankbot I got seems especially cool, I'm probably going to try it out for a while.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

So I got a ton of chests for free, I assume it was a christmas thing? I got some nice poo poo out of it though. Now my team is all purple tier except the life drain zombie. This Tankbot I got seems especially cool, I'm probably going to try it out for a while.

You just got your first Monday reset lootsplosion. They are from guild tasks, which other goons are spending gold on to complete. As a week goes on you'll be getting more, but since they get more expensive, they also become farther between.

Things I know now that I wish I knew when I first started playing
  • Your gold should go into unlocking all kingdoms and then getting them all to level 3, then to 5, and then to 10 one by one, starting with the +magic kingdoms. Level 5 is fairly cheap to obtain and increases your chance for multi tributes (free gold, keys, glory and gems).

• Finish the Broken Spire quest first, it unlocks the warlord class for your hero which is really powerful.

• Save challenges for when you are level 150 and unlock difficulty Warlord IV. The soul rewards scale with difficulty, and you'll get the most out of them when you do them last.

• If you're looking for a really competitive F2P deck, try Treant/Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee. None of those troops are very rare, so you should have them after using your free weekly keys, since you've joined a goon guild.

• Otherwise, the Goblin you start out with is also a really good troop. Paired with the other fairly easy to obtain Goblin Marauders, they're one of the easiest teams to climb to Tier 1 in PvP with.

• Save your glory to buy at least 1 of the weekly event glory bundles for the troops and traitstones. Save the rest of your glory for a weekly event with traitstones you need. That, in turn, depends entirely on what troops you like and what legendaries you get. You'll find that out as you go along, don't sweat it.

• Save your first 500 gems for the +100% gold armor. If you don't have the patience for that, there's also a 50 gem option until you do. It's slightly less optimal, but the option is there. Also, if you want to spend money on the game to earn that armor faster, the $5 15x15 daily gems is the best value. The devs are really nice people and it's not the worst investment.

Blacula fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 29, 2016

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Waffle's Pro Tip:

Buy the $50 armor, then quit after three weeks. Rationalize your actions in this thread.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
What's everyone using for a super fast PvP deck that can take on all the highest tier (3rd slot) PvP opponents?

I am currently using Gorgotha***/Giant Spider***/Apothecary***/Bone Dragon*** with the Frozen banner (+2 Blue, +1 Purple, and -1 Red)

It is quick and can kill almost any deck unless I just get a crappy board but I am wanting to see if there is anything quicker and I like having a bunch of decks to change it up.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Tensokuu posted:

Would someone mind throwing me a guild invite? Code is TENSOKUU.

Invited to Gem Boiz. We have one more open spot at the moment if anyone else is still waiting.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Trastion posted:

What's everyone using for a super fast PvP deck that can take on all the highest tier (3rd slot) PvP opponents?

I am currently using Gorgotha***/Giant Spider***/Apothecary***/Bone Dragon*** with the Frozen banner (+2 Blue, +1 Purple, and -1 Red)

It is quick and can kill almost any deck unless I just get a crappy board but I am wanting to see if there is anything quicker and I like having a bunch of decks to change it up.

Gobbo Marauders fully upgraded can be fast, TDS with 3 dragon buddies can be really fast, it really is up to your tastes.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Trastion posted:

Korvash***/Valkyrie***/Mab***/Mercy***. Usually only takes 4-6 turns to roll through almost anything. Beware stun teams, other than that it's pretty quick.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

Grundulum posted:

Check your game now. Just sent an invite to Gem Blossums. Sawful, you drew the short straw and got booted. If you want back in just post in the thread and we'll boot the next most inactive player: Savik.

Go ahead and boot Savik if you haven't already. It's been real, but I just couldn't handle the PVP grind anymore. I blame Khorvash.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Trastion posted:

I've been running:

Wulfgarok***
Mang (Warden w/ Beast Perk)
Forest Guardian***
Fenrir

with the Red/Brown banner and it's very quick. Strip an enemy of armor with Mang, kill it with Wulf's ability and the enemy is down two troops. Fenrir gives +40 HP and Attack to any ally (it would be higher but I don't have him at Mythic) and Guardian generates skills for Wulf to kill the remaining enemies. I haven't lost a 3-star battle yet with this team, and rarely lose a single troop.

But traiting Wulf and Forest Guardian is a bitch so Dragon Soul + 3x Dragons is a cheaper alternative.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
What the hell just happened in Gem Blossums? I just got a message saying I had completed a red statue task (I didn't), and now our tasks look like this:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Grundulum posted:

What the hell just happened in Gem Blossums? I just got a message saying I had completed a red statue task (I didn't), and now our tasks look like this:

I had the same thing happen to me in Gem Boiz on a yellow task. Weird.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Grundulum posted:

Same for me in Boiz, except I was told Yellow. But all the tasks look correct.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
And I was told I completed one for souls, but I didn't look at the color. I know Yellow is not souls, though. The system's getting a little lost.

Edit: I didn't pay much attention because these things tend to happen.

Kevos Setzer fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 30, 2016

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Looks like it is losing track of who completed the last task so it just tells you that you completed it.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Bandire posted:

Looks like it is losing track of who completed the last task so it just tells you that you completed it.

Not just that. Look at the cost of the next red task in the image I linked.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Grundulum posted:

I don't see it?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Grundulum posted:

They made all tasks cost less this week (and maybe next) I believe because of the holidays.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
I'm thinking that the current event isn't worth the +400 gold, especially since as far as i can tell it doesn't get the multiplier. But I like the idea of these events so I'm doing it anyway.

But I've been running

Green Slime
Justice
Prismatic Orb
Queen Mab

The Justice builds in general are kind of funny how you just hit a threshold board comp and just cast the same spell over and over again until you win. Doesn't work at all as AI though.

I saw some cheeky bastard running defense with the guy who does double true damage to blue mana users, and other guys just trying to feed him mana. Funny.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

I haven't had the urge to play this and I don't think I've logged in the last few weeks so go ahead and kick me from Gem Blossums if space is needed.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
This was just recommended to me and so far I'm really liking it and would like a guild spot, name is Twyx.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Morglon posted:

This was just recommended to me and so far I'm really liking it and would like a guild spot, name is Twyx.

Invited to Gem Boiz.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Okay so now that I'm in couple of questions. Are those guild tasks a weekly thing or do they ever reset to a level where i can help with my none of the gold? Since I'm doing a lot of PvE and have unlocked most of the classes already which one is a good one to focus on? Was thinking priest for the passive regen every turn. Also I pulled a Queen Mab and what's a good build to buold around her besides one that boosts all the blues ever?

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Morglon posted:

Okay so now that I'm in couple of questions. Are those guild tasks a weekly thing or do they ever reset to a level where i can help with my none of the gold? Since I'm doing a lot of PvE and have unlocked most of the classes already which one is a good one to focus on? Was thinking priest for the passive regen every turn. Also I pulled a Queen Mab and what's a good build to buold around her besides one that boosts all the blues ever?

Tasks reset every week.

I found out the hard way that Priest is not a good class. The regen only restores lost health; it doesn't give a flat +2 every turn like I thought it would. Warlord is a good early class, while Archer and Sorcerer are the best overall.

Valkyrie and Justice pair well with Mab, along with any troop that benefits from frozen enemies. Snow Guardian is a good match also.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Mechanist is good as well; fully traited, all constructs start with half mana. But in general I don't use the hero.

The store is borked for the new event. But I pulled a portal from spending 5 event keys. The new troll actually looks usable. Maybe something like dark troll, sacrifice or sacrificial priest, portal, maybe giant spider? Portal will probably just be useless and occupy a slot for the extra souls.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Looks like the store has unshit itself, Portal is nice for getting Red/Purple Traitstones. I'm just not feeling the Troll or Portal though. I'll sleep on it and try to think of something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Looked at my total played hours of this game on Steam, then decided I need to play some other games instead! You can go ahead and kick Wekilledgod from Gem Boiz.