Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Pokemon trainer I don't know but like anyways

Thats the male swimmer from pokemon sun/moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Digirat posted:

:goonsay: They are both from dark souls 3, it's yuria and an abyss watcher. The one on the left in the background is creighton from dark souls 2

e: Looking at it more I actually cannot tell if that's meant to be an abyss watcher or something from bloodborne

It's definitely a Blood Borne dude, the abyss watchers have metal along one arm and a pointier hat. And that shade of blue is far too delightfully colored for a souls game, only shades of grey and depression are allowed in Miyazaki's Guts homage simulator 2016.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh huh. I thought she just stole the armor but I only watch it with my kids (it's still decent).

Even if she did, she's from the planet Mandalore.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Oh yeah? Then where's the birth certificate? :colbert:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

I would just like to call attention to this wo/man's hat, which is a turtle. :3:

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

7c Nickel posted:

I would just like to call attention to this wo/man's hat, which is a turtle. :3:

This whole cosplay is badass, and I love his very authentic pipe rifle, but I now want someone to mod this exact outfit into the game, turtle helmet included.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

A new page without new cosplay! We can't have that!

(No clue, but something makes me think jojo, even though the only pink haired jojo guy I know is Diavolo and this can't be him)

Casual Storm/Clone Troopers

FF15 dudes and dudettes

Hell if I know, but I like the look

Zack (FF7)

Nier cast

Genji (Overwatch)

FF14 Dragoon

Advent Children Cloud... With KH sword wrappings cuz why not I guess

Persona 5 folks

Tiger and Bunny peeps

Psycho-Pass guys

Squall (FF8)

Two (Drakengard 3)

Team Skull grunts (Pokemon Sun/Moon)

A horror from beyond space and time (Hell)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

A new page without new cosplay! We can't have that!

(No clue, but something makes me think jojo, even though the only pink haired jojo guy I know is Diavolo and this can't be him)

Casual Storm/Clone Troopers

FF15 dudes and dudettes

Zack (FF7)

Nier cast

Genji (Overwatch)

FF14 Dragoon

Advent Children Cloud... With KH sword wrappings cuz why not I guess

Persona 5 folks

Tiger and Bunny peeps

Psycho-Pass guys

Squall (FF8)

Two (Drakengard 3)

Team Skull grunts (Pokemon Sun/Moon)

A horror from beyond space and time (Hell)

Thanks for the names. Some sharp looking costuming.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Cindy, from FFXV.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Cindy, from FFXV.

The descriptor is on top of the image :ssh:

Edit: Unless Cindy/Cidney/etc dons a suit of armor with a kickin' rad fur collar and helmet with tassel at some point in an artbook I haven't seen

ACES CURE PLANES has a new favorite as of 02:34 on Dec 30, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress that Nappa is awesome.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

John Travolta as Zack (FF7)

ftfy

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Feonir posted:

only shades of grey and depression are allowed in Miyazaki's Guts homage simulator 2016.

Guts? Yeah we've got Guts

We also have whatever the gently caress this thing is supposed to be that looks both dumb and kind of cool

More Jojos, I guess that one guy was supposed to be Diavolo? idk

Paladin Leeroy and a Mimic (Dark Souls)

SSJ3 Goku (DBZ)

Guzma (Pokemon Sun/Moon)

Mikumo (Macross Delta)

No idea but :swoon:

????????

The new Kamen Rider whose name I forget:

And a cool EVA-01 to finish us off

Okay I'll stop for now, for real, sorry.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

We also have whatever the gently caress this thing is supposed to be that looks both dumb and kind of cool

That is the Power Armor from Gantz.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Definitely Diavolo in a suit, nobody else has pink hair with green spots.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh poo poo he does have spots I didn't even notice them until you pointed them out.

I'm the worst. I'm just such a... A... A cosplay Hitler.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Psycho-Pass guys

Psycho-Pass is the only anime I've liked and watched all the way through so this owns bones, thanks for showing it!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Spudd posted:

Psycho-Pass is the only anime I've liked and watched all the way through so this owns bones, thanks for showing it!

Obligatory "What about Cowboy Bebop?" post.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The new Kamen Rider whose name I forget:

Okay I'll stop for now, for real, sorry.

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, because he's a doctor and also a video game

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Oh poo poo he does have spots I didn't even notice them until you pointed them out.

initially, the eye is drawn to hitler, but his henchman back there is the true visual feast

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
nerf this

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
[quote="ACES CURE PLANES" post=""467821755"]s a suit of armor with a kickin' rad fur collar and helmet with tassel at some point in an artbook I haven't seen
[/quote]

That's a Lord of Iron suit from Destiny. I actually know one!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Morning search turned up pretty little new stuff, guess just about everything is accounted for, but I did find some cool stuff

MGS1 Snake/Meryl/Wolf (Said Meryl is buff as hell in other shots, doesn't show well here)

Tessa (Full Metal Panic)

Android 16 (DBZ)

Pink alligator crocodile alien thing from ????

Kim Jong Un and underling barely holding it together

Edit: Bonus Dark Souls

ACES CURE PLANES has a new favorite as of 13:00 on Dec 30, 2016

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The Man in the High Castle got weird this season

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Pink alligator crocodile alien thing from ????

Crocodine, First Boss and then Best Bro, from Dragon Quest: Dai's Great Adventure (manga/anime series).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mikl posted:

Crocodine, First Boss and then Best Bro, from Dragon Quest: Dai's Great Adventure (manga/anime series).

I just hope they return that costume to whatever Sentai show they stole it from, before someone in the wardrobe department notices :ohdear:.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just hope they return that costume to whatever Sentai show they stole it from, before someone in the wardrobe department notices :ohdear:.

You joke, but that manga was actually written by Riku Sanjo, a.k.a. the main writer of Kamen Rider W, Fourze and Drive, and of Kyoryuger :ssh:

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Swing and a miss.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

X

e: I follow two cosplay photo threads, and this was meant for the other one. I lurk and look at pics in here.

Have a Tawawa Monday cosplay pic anyway though!

Rodenthar Drothman has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Dec 31, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Okay I'm back, sorry. But we've got a theme this time! Our theme this time is 'huge', appropriate for a huge photo dump.

Of course it's Japan, so let's start off with a huge robot with this excellent Barbatos Lupus from Iron Blooded Orphans

Of course that's not the only huge hero, so we've got ourself Ultraman, defeating himself a foe

Next up are some heads of Zeon from Gundam, which is a huge organization of space nazis who use huge robots, so it fits

I know I posted this Kars from Jojo last year but I don't care, he's huge and amazing and :swoon:

Something up just for Spudd, some more Psycho-Pass, some main characters brandishing their huge guns

And from Resident Evil 4, Dr Salvadore shows up to be a huge pain in the rear end

The source of this one is a mystery to me, but it's a huge tank crushing someone and that's what counts goddammit

Something hugely unexpected are these cosplays of Hitler from Er Ist Wieder Da and Jack Sparrow

Here we've got ourselves a huge man with a tiny plastic version of a huge robot, Ral from Gundam Build Fighters with his Huge High Grade Gouf R35

Other oddball entries is this Penguin sporting a huge fur coat and a Harley Quinn with a huge gun of her own, that I don't know if they're based on any Batman run in particular

Sporting huge sideburns, it's Jigen from Lupin III

Wielding a huge shield, Shielder from Fate/Grand Order

And finally, brandishing a huge sword it's... A Dark Knight from FF14? That's all I could find on the subject. (Edit: Apparently it's a unique custom thing. Cool!)

A hugely immersive moviegoing experience cosplay!
https://twitter.com/BarrelTitor003/status/814481152287199232

And the cutest huge abomination against god from Shin Godzilla, I want ten
https://twitter.com/BarrelTitor003/status/815033422292787200

ACES CURE PLANES has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Dec 31, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

And the cutest huge abomination against god from Shin Godzilla, I want ten
https://twitter.com/BarrelTitor003/status/815033422292787200

Oh my god

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

seconded.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
ACES CURE PLANES :justpost: those are some great cosplays, I'd completely forgotten that it was comiket time. Some of the photography is pretty dreamy, too.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Alright fine fine fine, I think I've got one more in me after keeping up on the hashtag for the last day and a half.

No clue who this is supposed to be, but I kind of like the dumb steampunk valve rifle thing.

Saber Alter from Fate

Marvel crew, only really here for the glory that is that Iron Man :stare:]

Giant robot squad, including the Kampfer, Nu, and Gyan from Gundam and Gaigar from GaoGaiGar

Saikano cosplay, which is a phrase I never expected to say

Horrifying gas mask bugman thing that's gonna haunt my nightmares (Is this actually from something?)

Generic Halo guy and generic military guy, but A+ costumes

Rain from G Gundam

No clue, but I love the detail on the costume and staff. Very Atelier, which is what I'd expect this one to be if I didn't know otherwise.

FF7 group photos, including twin Reeves

FSN group photo, special mention to the frying pan Archer in the back

Cosplay of that time Shinzo Abe came out of a warp pipe at the Rio closing ceremony

...Boy it's just Nazis all the way down, huh?

MGS guard group photo (Seriously, it's amazing :allears:)

Trigun group photo

Also those guys dressing up as police officers and FBI are back this year, and they've got some great photos:

And to see us off, the comiket staple, the yaranaika squad:

And that's it for this comiket. Thanks for putting up with the incessant dumps.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No clue who this is supposed to be, but I kind of like the dumb steampunk valve rifle thing.

And to see us off, the comiket staple, the yaranaika squad:

And that's it for this comiket. Thanks for putting up with the incessant dumps.

That's mumei from kabaneri of the iron fortress. It's ... bad

Also, gotta admire that hentai Kamen.
Beautiful.

E: clarifying, the show is bad. That cosplay is great.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No clue, but I love the detail on the costume and staff. Very Atelier, which is what I'd expect this one to be if I didn't know otherwise.

This one is Leonardo Da Vinci from Fate Grand Order.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

That's mumei from kabaneri of the iron fortress. It's ... bad

Also, gotta admire that hentai Kamen.
Beautiful.

E: clarifying, the show is bad. That cosplay is great.

Yeah I'd nitpick about her choice of materials for the red parts normally but the fact that she included a steam pressure rifle and back rig is impressive for such an otherwise terrible show (it's got some neat character designs).

As for this guy:

I thought he was a Crow Fisher at first (Fury Road) but those guys had basically ghillie suit material for swamp camo, so now I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah I'd nitpick about her choice of materials for the red parts normally but the fact that she included a steam pressure rifle and back rig is impressive for such an otherwise terrible show (it's got some neat character designs).

As for this guy:

I thought he was a Crow Fisher at first (Fury Road) but those guys had basically ghillie suit material for swamp camo, so now I don't know.

Frankenstein's army.

• Locked thread