Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bobulus posted:

I kind of like this idea because of the parallelism. Pudding can alter the memories of everyone around her, but she herself can't remember what her 'evil' personality does.

It's also possible she could lose said evil eye, and get an eyepatch in the end. Or she could just be evil.

Also, good faces this chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Plutonis posted:

Sanji is finally going to take the red pill

Hi , is Sanji going to kick his first woman

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I want more Pudding faces

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Guys she literally said she faked her reaction to Sanji's proposal. If there is a Good Pudding, we haven't met her.

Anyway, gently caress yeah I can't wait to see Brook vs Big Mom. That could go a lot of different ways.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Jesus Christ, Sanji's face... I don't think Oda's ever used an art style quite like that before. Any sort of anger I felt from Pudding cartoonishly twirling her 100% evil (metaphorical) mustache was instantly converted to just... pure sadness and despair, in empathy with that face.

Also, what we learned re: Puddings alignment is that she has at least one personality that's legitimately evil. I mean, maybe her good "act" is still a whole personality that could take over. That theory is still possible (as is the opposite theory- her good side was just an act). But some people thought she was just pretending to be evil as part of a plan to save Sanji or whatever... and that's clearly not the case anymore (not that it was ever especially plausible). There's something legitimately "evil" there.

It just occurred to me, in an arc full of people losing limbs and eyes and so on... if it is Pudding's third eye that makes her evil... maybe Pudding will be the special character who gets an eyepatch!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Brook gets the best lines :allears:
Holy heck does he ever. This is one of those scenes I can't wait for the anime to get to just to hear his voice actor say them. His voice actor has the perfect voice for him, and I couldn't help but imagine him saying those quiet lines before shouting the loud ones with determination, the way he does.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Begemot posted:

Guys she literally said she faked her reaction to Sanji's proposal. If there is a Good Pudding, we haven't met her.
Her third eye was not visible during those parts, or this entire arc iirc. Until that third eye is explained, we don't really know whether she's truly good, evil, or what.

Also,

U-DO Burger posted:

I want more Pudding faces

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pudding: *in extremely Aizen voice* Since when were you under the impression that I'm not evil?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Captain Invictus posted:

Her third eye was not visible during those parts, or this entire arc iirc. Until that third eye is explained, we don't really know whether she's truly good, evil, or what.

I think the slime was only with her during those scenes where her third eye is visible too. It might not signal she has an alternate personality, but there's definitely something going on there.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nitro is with her when she first meets the strawhats isn't he

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oddium posted:

nitro is with her when she first meets the strawhats isn't he

yea he was

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
jinbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

also when brook stands toe to toe with a yonkou and calls her young lady. thats cool as gently caress. so loving cool. brook is cool.

this arc has just been wildly good

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Part of what makes this comic so brilliant is Oda's capacity for tiny little details that really make the whole thing feel more genuine. There's one at the end of this chapter that struck me.

sanji left the roses out in the rain, but not the food. even in his moment of ultimate despair, he couldn't waste any.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think she just has a third eye that wasn't shown till now because we saw her as the Three Eyed Girl chilling out just mildly disgusted that her mom was literally eating people and the drool was getting on her way back and it was Oda trying to make us think they weren't the same person until the heel turn. What do I know though?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah but nitro was in that scene too so it was super obvs

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
get this: pudding is just evil

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Monet has some good in her, can't wait for Zoro to convince her.

Also someone much earlier pointed out Nitro the Pudding's face was revealed after Capone joined with Momma so it probably has some of Capone's soul in it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Pudding's left eye is a good Director and her right eye is a fine cinematographer. Her third eye is an evil editor.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I know you guys are probably talking about the new chapter, but I'm near the end of the Fishman Island arc and this is probably my favorite arc so far.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy poo poo Brook is cool!

Also I loving loved Nami freaking out the past 2 chapters. Poor girl.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Pudding is super evil, but I think she'll be forced to work with the strawhats despite never having a faceturn, just like Ceasar Clown, and she'll eventually marry Sanji while still having a rotten personality.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

tap my mountain posted:

Pudding is super evil, but I think she'll be forced to work with the strawhats despite never having a faceturn, just like Ceasar Clown, and she'll eventually marry Sanji while still having a rotten personality.

Why on Earth would she marry Sanji, or Sanji marry her, when she is planning with Big Mom to murder Sanji and his whole family????

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I know you guys are probably talking about the new chapter, but I'm near the end of the Fishman Island arc and this is probably my favorite arc so far.
That's a pretty interesting perspective. I quite liked it, overall, but I recall the thread being super negative about it at the time. I wonder if that's another arc that works a lot better binging it than waiting for it chapter by chapter.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Niddhogg posted:

Why on Earth would she marry Sanji, or Sanji marry her, when she is planning with Big Mom to murder Sanji and his whole family????

Because it's the funniest outcome. Nobody expected Ceasar to be buddying up with them back when he was gassing his own troops and experimenting on kids

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Eiba posted:

That's a pretty interesting perspective. I quite liked it, overall, but I recall the thread being super negative about it at the time. I wonder if that's another arc that works a lot better binging it than waiting for it chapter by chapter.

i know why mabel likes it...

( Y )

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Brook is soooo goddamn cool. He is SO COOL!!!!!!!!

Also Jinbe. Jinbe is also cool. Not as cool as Brook but still pretty cool.

mabels big day posted:

I like it a bunch as well. The flashback is extremely good, and I really liked the theme of inherited hatred.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

i know why mabel likes it...

( Y )

this and

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I like it a bunch as well. The flashback is extremely good, and I really liked the theme of inherited hatred.

this, are the reasons why.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I am super curious as to what Jinbe ultimately landed on. It's clear that he didn't land on any of the Arm or Head ones, nor any of the high value spots. There are really narrow 10s and we've not gotten a shot to see if he has both of his legs. The head with a crown is also a mystery as of yet. Finally there's the Bull's eye which, judging by the pattern may be something super good like 1 or no years.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
jinbe: "if luffy is willing to sacrifice decades of his life, then so am i"

imo

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

tap my mountain posted:

Actually, she'll marry Caesar and their child will have the most ridiculous faces.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Pedro lost like 50 years and is still a super cool cat, so Jinbei could have lost a few decades and have it be no big deal too.

Also, remember when any sort of life shortening technique or consequence comes up that Doctore Kureha is over 140 years old.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jimbei apparently also didn't leave the island and wasn't a known hostile or outsider to Big Mom's crew, so he appears to have left on amicable terms as promised.

For now, anyway.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Niddhogg posted:

people itt are having a REALLY hard time letting go of pudding

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

For a second there I thought Pudding's DF power literally let her alter reality by editing those film reels and had bad flashbacks to Bleach. Her calling for medical help made me realize I was just mis-reading the panels, thankfully.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The ultimate gentleman Sanji Vinsmoke.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

still hard to be 100% sure but probably evil at this point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If sanji believes the audience should

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't actually care if Pudding is evil or not and she's definitely not marrying Sanji or joining the crew in a million years, but I can still see it being a ploy given that she had no reason to keep up her act in front of Luffy and Nami before whispering the truth to them, so I'm sticking with it being able to go either way, or some crazy amalgam of both relating to her eye/Nitro.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if shes "not evil" shes playing everyone for her own goals and not to ~save sanji~ and is more of a redeemable rear end in a top hat (like dozens of other villains)

but shes evil so who cares

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Really the more interesting thing is why Reiji didn't say a single thing that entire conversation. She's up to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Everybody getting really powerful scenes.

This is a really, really good arc.