Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

The way doors work in this one make it seem like SASO is gonna be insane.

it's really super easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This map is smaller than some of the others and probably less dense than Colorado but the sparseness of the aesthetic of it is just so loving top notch I love it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I could not figure out what I was doing wrong to sabatoge KAI but it was cool that I killed myself in the process.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

watch her screen after you fail one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm trying to figure out how to kill the old man as the ninja. This game is silly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been sitting in the roof for over 20 minutes now so there must be some trigger to getting her to meet with the director on the bridge. When I was here before it just seemed to happen while I was walking around

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to kill the old man as the ninja. This game is silly

being the ninja is really fun. i still havent found the ninja specific climb thing yet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do some timers for scripted events start as soon as you load the map or are all actions triggered by your presence

Like if I just stood there like a lump at the red carpet at the start of Paris would Helmut eventually go to the meeting with Dahlia on his own or do I need to see him doing the photo shoot out back to trigger his script

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
played thru paris 1000 times... very excited to do sapienza next.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I've been sitting in the roof for over 20 minutes now so there must be some trigger to getting her to meet with the director on the bridge. When I was here before it just seemed to happen while I was walking around

The way I made sure it happened isn't made really obvious unless you play the map a bunch. I'm kinda of the mind about not doing the games thing and spoiling everything you need to do.

I actually didn't know they'd do their meeting without doing this, I don't remember seeing it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have a really good ninja route but I need a drat scrambler...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait is Colorado mastery the only way to get one? That's kinda rear end.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Wait is Colorado mastery the only way to get one? That's kinda rear end.

Yep

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i can ninja soders without the scrambler but i haven't figured out getting out after the lady

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

The way I made sure it happened isn't made really obvious unless you play the map a bunch. I'm kinda of the mind about not doing the games thing and spoiling everything you need to do.

I actually didn't know they'd do their meeting without doing this, I don't remember seeing it

It seems like their meeting at the bridge only fires if they meet up at the entrance of the map so you can't just use the mountain start to instantly snipe her without consequence at teh start of the level. That at least makes that assassination more interesting to try and pull off

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

you can't just use the mountain start to instantly snipe her without consequence at teh start of the level

um. that's exactly how i did it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

um. that's exactly how i did it

When I tried that nothing happened for upwards of 20 minutes...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

When I tried that nothing happened for upwards of 20 minutes...

To trigger it I picked up the cigarettes from the cowboys room and planted them in the dining area the lady goes to. That's helps for a different assassination opportunity as well but it always seemed to get the meeting to start. However, you might want to time her position to give yourself enough time to get to a perch to shoot her from.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Weird, I thought that meeting just happened, but I guess there are some conditions to activate it, because the other day when i was trying to get the directors outfit he just kept walking his loop and going out to the courtyard and waiting for nothing, but the first time I did that level they were just having the meeting when I walked out there without doing anything to start it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

Weird, I thought that meeting just happened, but I guess there are some conditions to activate it, because the other day when i was trying to get the directors outfit he just kept walking his loop and going out to the courtyard and waiting for nothing, but the first time I did that level they were just having the meeting when I walked out there without doing anything to start it.

Maybe there's like a random condition that'll trigger it when the map loads? I can't think of any other map that does that though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did Fowlplay challenge but one guy I knocked out on the stairs and it used my fists instead of the bat for some reason. Lame!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i just did it two more times without leaving the starting mountain spot. i think they just have to come across each other because the last time i noticed they saw and talked in front of the sushi bar first

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I just did it and it worked that time, I even watched them bump into each other in the hallway nearby and then walk outside to chat. I also found an easy SASO kill on soder so I need to figure out her and I'm the hitman master.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
yeah they have a dialogue where he says she has to talk to him and hten they both meet outside shortly after

then he stands there for a while. ive seen her notice him and say "oh right that thing i forgot to bring up with him" and reinitiate another conversation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was the easiest SASO since Paris, surprisingly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah i told you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There must be an even easier way cuz Hormel did the level in 4 minutes. Took me 12

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There might be a few skewed or unreachable times on Bangkok and before. The unsilenced sniper rifle used to be able to pierce through like any level geometry so people were pulling off insane times.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus people have speed runs of every mission in under half an hour

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

Jesus people have speed runs of every mission in under half an hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yXuJsYWaYo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stealthgamerbr is one of the most powerful gamers alive

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

frank.club posted:

There might be a few skewed or unreachable times on Bangkok and before. The unsilenced sniper rifle used to be able to pierce through like any level geometry so people were pulling off insane times.

No, it's just a good level for speedrunning, heres a friend of mine beating it in under 2 minutes
https://youtu.be/O2n6bNhqWng

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Gonna go home and try some escalations in Bangkok so I can get my weight up for the next elusive target. I still don't know of a surreptitious way to erase surveillance footage so I probably need to learn where all the cameras are and memorize how to avoid and/or shoot them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Gonna go home and try some escalations in Bangkok so I can get my weight up for the next elusive target. I still don't know of a surreptitious way to erase surveillance footage so I probably need to learn where all the cameras are and memorize how to avoid and/or shoot them

cameras in bangkok are a pain in teh rear end

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I know, but I can't let anything stand in the way of that winter coat

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh yes, im getting silent assassin no matter what

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The cameras in Bangkok made me insane.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its appropriate that lvl 20 on bangkok unlocks the subsonic pistol, so you can shoot out every camera on earth

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The cameras in Bangkok made me insane.

Oh gently caress the et is gonna be there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

No, it's just a good level for speedrunning, heres a friend of mine beating it in under 2 minutes
https://youtu.be/O2n6bNhqWng

It's great because once you hit level 20 the level just blows wide open. This is an awesome run btw

• Locked thread