Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

HardCoil posted:

Because gay people are all paedophiles?

Welcome to the rock, neophyte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeroti
Feb 26, 2009

Fear not the darkness, fear that which the darkness hides.

Bombogenesis posted:

So I've got some prepaid cards from Christmas. Does anyone have opinions on the forgeworld Necron centipede?

:shittypop: That is a drat nice bike, shame about the blue alien butt.

I have the tomb stalker and it wasn't too hard to put together. Someone at the local GW recommended that I drill a small hole through each segment and then use a stiff wire to hold it all together. It makes keeping it together a lot easier and you can bend it into weird poses as well. My only issue with it is the small legs keep coming off, and the antennae are thin and fragile. I don't think mine has any antennae that have survived the few games I've used it.

Don't bother with sentinel it's not worth it. The exile weapons are not very good anywhere in the codex especially since anything that you'd like to remove with a str check will likely have a high str. The stalker is WS/BS4 S6 T7 W4 I4 A4 Sv3+ it also has fearless, rampage, fleet, deep strike, outflank, hit and run, night vision, acute senses. Poison and fleshbane only hurt it on 6s. You can give it a gloom prism or IWND as well.

Without an Inv save I wouldn't send it against dedicated CC guys, but it will mulch through squads and vehicles pretty easily. It does have two gauss flyers, but you probably won' be shooting them very often.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BULBASAUR posted:

Welcome to the rock, neophyte

What if it's just a butt with wings?

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Bombogenesis posted:

So I've got some prepaid cards from Christmas. Does anyone have opinions on the forgeworld Necron centipede?

:shittypop: That is a drat nice bike, shame about the blue alien butt.

It looks rad:

It's a giant point sink, and can't assault out of outflank or deepstrike, but the thing loving rips up anything that it catches, and is resistant to stuff that's even designed to off MCs.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
leaked page from the new White Dwarf puts Necrons in the Battle for Cadia, against Abaddon's forces
http://imgur.com/a/8czu5

Translation from Reddit:

quote:

My French is super rusty, but…
Thief or Savior?
Of all the protagonists who are fighting on Cadia, Trazyn the Infinite is without a doubt the strangest. It is curiosity that drives him to Cadia, but he plays an important role in the first volume of the saga, Gathering Storm. Of course, some people are none too happy to see him, such as Belisarius Cawl. In spite of this, the Archmagos understands that the arrival of Trazyn in these dark hours is no mere coincidence. The Necron knows (or claims to know) the secrets of the pylons of Cadia. He also has another role to play, especially when he opens his tesseract crypts and releases his Imperial prisoners to fight the armies of Abaddon. But in this case, how will he make up for his rare collection?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Isn't it rumored that he has a Primarch stored in those crypts?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would be completely fine with Necrons becoming cackling evil ancient robot good guys

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It says there will be a table of random effects to represent Cadia wracked by warp storms, that you roll for every turn. Enjoy.

e. Also includes two "???", which I'm guessing are decurions or whatever the gently caress they're called. One for the combined Imperial forces, one for the Mechanicum forces.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 29, 2016

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I would be completely fine with Necrons becoming cackling evil ancient robot good guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJiUfnIzbVM

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Pendent posted:

Gold card in his Gwent Legiones Astartes deck. He's looking to swap it for Abaddon in his Ruinous Powers set.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I love the idea of trazyn showing up, having a good condescending laugh at the mortals, before turning the pylons on like a big chaos bugzapper.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Pendent posted:

He has a giant in baroque power armor, which implies a Primarch but could be anything really.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MasterSlowPoke posted:

He has a giant in baroque power armor, which implies a Primarch but could be anything really.

It's always seemed more likely to be a Custodes, but people really want it to be a Primarch

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
or a Thunder Warrior.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mango Polo posted:

or a Thunder Warrior.

Didn't those guys have a lifespan of like, 20 years, and also went crazy?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for the replies on the Necron robo-pede. I was expecting it to be fragile so that isn't a surprise.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

It looks rad:

It's a giant point sink, and can't assault out of outflank or deepstrike, but the thing loving rips up anything that it catches, and is resistant to stuff that's even designed to off MCs.

Goddamn I love the colors on this bugbot.

TheChirurgeon posted:

leaked page from the new White Dwarf puts Necrons in the Battle for Cadia, against Abaddon's forces
http://imgur.com/a/8czu5

Translation from Reddit:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. My group wants to do a small "New year, new armies," thing and I was kinda on board, but now I just wanna go overdrive on my robo-zombos.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

HardCoil posted:

Because gay people are all paedophiles?

Are you familiar with dork angle style and accessories?

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Painted a Tau drone-bike:

The thong is a bit silly but not offensively so, and if any tau is getting a thong I guess a biker isn't a bad choice :v:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Didn't those guys have a lifespan of like, 20 years, and also went crazy?

They did have a poo poo lifespan (suggested to be intentional), but they weren't crazy, just really barbaric (because everyone was barbaric)

One of the only new bits of Thunder Warrior story had the leader of the Thunder Warriors (who betrayed and killed the others, on the Emperor's command and he wasnt mad about it) stealing the anti-aging gland thing from a dead Marine/Primarch. On one hand nobody cares about thunder warriors, on the other hand having a Necron aligned Thunder Warrior as a big twist would be some insanely pinpoint effective fanservice that I could totally see new Cheek Workshop doing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wasn't Ferrus Manus's ferrus manus Necrontyr metal? Trazyn could have re grown the primarch from biological imprint in the smart metal.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 29, 2016

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Genghis Cohen posted:

Looks really great! I found, when making sentinels with a similar pose, that it adds a certain something if you cut some or all of the 'toes' on the raised foot, lower them around the rock as if the foot is grasping it. Greenstuff can make the gap look like rubber sheathing, or you could go high effort and put some little rods in to look like pistons. In either case I found it gave a real sense of motion.

EDIT: I can actually see, after reading the replies, that you've already bent the toes. I mean bent like almost 90 degrees, pointing down. Probably wouldn't even work with the shape of the piece of cork.

Yep, I bent the toes about 45 degrees downward. The cork is only there for stabilization, I'm not really sure what I'll have him stepping on (my Ghorgon is already standing on another knight so I don't want to repeat that) and I wanted to have some leeway in regards to its size.

Instead of cutting the top of the toes and filling with GS, I just undercut the bottom. There's a seam along the top, however it's much smaller to fill. The downside is that you got to be careful how much of a wedge you take out the bottom as it's not hard to go too far.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wasn't Ferrus Manus's ferrus manus Necrontyr metal? Trazyn could have re grown the primarch from biological imprint in the smart metal.

It's implied to be, yes, but not confirmed.

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 29, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

OhDearGodNo posted:

Converting a knight to do any pose other than the spread eagle stance is really hard. Still need to patch with green stuff.

Now to pick a color scheme.
This guy's pose owns so hard. I'm contemplating painting my second Knight in Talabheim colors from Fantasy.

Painted a Tau drone-bike:

The bike and paintjob on this are so cool, but man that thong is regrettable.

Had a hobby day at my buddy's house today, got some work in on some Inquisition weirdos:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Confirmation of St. Celestine/Black Templars combined crusade.

And more pics from the new White Dwarf, including prices for Fall of Cadia stuff.

- Gathering Storm - Fall of Cadia 40€, £30, USA $50, Can $60, Aus $84, NZ $99
- Triumvirate of the Imperium (St. Celestine & TWINS THEY WERE, Inquisitor Steampunk, and the new Tech-Priest Archmagos) 85€, £50, USA $80, Can $100, Aus $140, NZ $165

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
You can't just clone Primarch's whole cloth since they are essentially part physical science and part warp-magic, which isn't something the Necrons are into. This would largely explain why no one attempts to do it, and why it took Fabius Bile so long to do it. Even if one was able to finally get down the bioengineering side, without what can essentially be summed up as "infusing the Primarch with fate itself" you still have a being bound by the physical laws of reality. The Primarchs always made much more sense as mythic figures, ala Achilles or Hercules, made flesh through a combination of borderline sorcery and science, not mere science experiments alone. This does a lot to explain how poo poo always goes their way, much in the same way Achilles could never be bested in battle aside from his one weak spot, he is always in the right place at the right time because that is what fate decides.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Shame you have to buy Celestine and all the other characters together in one set, but I'm sure I can find someone to buy the Ad-mech guy from me. Wasn't planning on getting the inquisitor either but since she's included I'll probably keep her.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Shame you have to buy Celestine and all the other characters together in one set, but I'm sure I can find someone to buy the Ad-mech guy from me. Wasn't planning on getting the inquisitor either but since she's included I'll probably keep her.

I'd buy an inquistor but the rest is bleh.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If you're in the UK you've got a deal. Alternatively anyone in the UK that wants anything that isn't the robo-dude hit me up.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

For the price though, it's pretty good. A year ago Celestine + the Gemini would have been $60, the Magos $60, and the Inquisitor $30.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I want to like the inquisitor model but I just can't. It seems so flat and boring to me.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Another Necron connection to primarchs is that during the Heresy, Alpharius was toting a Necron weapon called the Pale Spear - he's armed with it in 30k.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
So, good chances tomorrow or next week I'l be picking up some a couple of Space Marines when I go to restock my supplies. I originally had the idea of making them Legion of the Damned for an eventual SoB/Inquisitor army, but splurging on 40k wiki articles has me interested in a Slaanesh-inspired chaos army (because I like Bile and CSM have a dope amount of customization). Had some questions to help decide on one:

1. How strict is the game on model WYSIWYG, particularly on custom pieces contributing to the model for cover? I had a CSM idea of an SM caressed by a Daemonette and a corrupted Sob (This possible? Could one be passed off as another SM if not?)by a Daemon, both tall and ethereal. Could I just say "that doesn't count, its a spiritual smoke effect thingy", or is 40k official rules strict on that.

2. What's the state of a SoB/Inq army with LotD and a slaanesh unit-focused CSM army with Fab Bile, in terms of balance with other armies?

I know it ultimately depends on the group you play with, and I'm more into minis for painting than playing, but it's nice to keep my options open (and gives me a way to decide on one).

(Wild Card Choice: Harlequins)

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
You guys keep saying Orks suck but I have a lot easier selling them online than space marines.

Maybe that says something about ork players..

Guy Goodbody posted:

Worth tomb kings being killed off

goodness fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 30, 2016

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Sunk cost is a hell of a drug.

e; Also, true believers convinced that an un-hosed Ork release will happen sometime this year. It's good to have dreams.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

goodness posted:

You guys keep saying Orks suck but I have a lot easier selling them online than space marines.

I'm always looking for decent deals on plastic ork stuff.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

goodness posted:

An ork player won our last Cheese tournament. I wasn't there for it, but apparently everyone was so focused on getting the most broken formations and counters for other cheese they forgot how to handle Ghazkull and crew.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

evilmiera posted:

An ork player won our last Cheese tournament. I wasn't there for it, but apparently everyone was so focused on getting the most broken formations and counters for other cheese they forgot how to handle Ghazkull and crew.

In the end it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but the humblest of all god's creatures, the ork warboss.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

goodness posted:

There's probably 50x more Space Marines players for every Ork, so there's an ocean of unwanted bits / armies in comparison.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
every Ork player I know is also a person possessing a fair amount of good humor, and while disappointed with the state of the army, dey still finks youse iz a grot

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

My friends and I all submitted our lists for the Las Vegas Open 40k Friendly today. Anybody from here headed to LVO and up for a friendly Ham Slam there? Would love to get in a game or two with some of you fine Hams.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
So I wanted to support the KR Multicase guys because they sponsor the Independent Characters Podcast.

Visiting their site and attempting to decipher the loving Da Vinci code just to get some carry cases. What in the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Weirdly enough once you get used to their system I honestly think it's the easiest to use out of all the case companies in terms of figuring out what will fit in a case and what figures will fit in which trays.

• Locked thread