Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
There's a magical time at every Waffle House where you get to hang out with cops, pimps and prostitutes simultaneously, it's like Rick's in Casablanca was a diner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Breakfast All Day posted:

signed, a person who went to waffle house once or twice while taking a safari to the lower classes

waffle house is gross and uncomfortable and filled with fryer grease and beautifully human

Waffle House is the offspring of a dive bar loving a diner.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

i had waffle house like once or twice when in the south and i do not recall this divine experience everyone is proclaiming they had. it's diner food. i don't believe this waffle house worship is real. as a young man i am sure the hours would have been great for me, but now i am older and wiser, and i do not get blitzed on a regular basis anymore. so it does not seem to really be my wheelhouse.

Lmao like anyone would really believe that even one poster reads this thread without being blitzed on something

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

signed, a person who went to waffle house once or twice while taking a safari to the lower classes

waffle house is gross and uncomfortable and filled with fryer grease and beautifully human

are people gonna start unironically singing the praises of 24 hour walmarts next? it's a chain diner.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i'm not gonna say waffle house or really any 24 hour diner is hella amazing but you know exactly what you get when you walk in one and it seems tone deaf to poo poo on them

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Concerned Citizen posted:

are people gonna start unironically singing the praises of 24 hour walmarts next? it's a chain diner.

we're gonna be so woke and anti-capitalist we spend six pages jerking off about how much we love chains famous for paying like poo poo and abusing employees!!!!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
people like to get drunk and then hang out with their friends at a place where they can get cheap food and coffee in the middle of the night

i just dont understand the appeal?????

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
i love brand

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

deadgoon posted:

people like to get drunk and then hang out with their friends at a place where they can get cheap food and coffee in the middle of the night

i just dont understand the appeal?????

see that's how i've always understood waffle house, and that's fine. i have no problem with that.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

we all exist in the gut of capital but here and there we clump together and do something interesting in an intestinal ridge. what makes waffle house interesting is it has almost no barrier to entry, and fulfills a need almost everyone has. what makes it unlike walmart is its an environment that encourages rather than discourages interaction.

waffle house the business is deplorable, yes. waffle house the ecological niche is a genuinely interesting part of america

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

we all exist in the gut of capital but here and there we clump together and do something interesting in an intestinal ridge. what makes waffle house interesting is it has almost no barrier to entry, and fulfills a need almost everyone has. what makes it unlike walmart is its an environment that encourages rather than discourages interaction.

waffle house the business is deplorable, yes. waffle house the ecological niche is a genuinely interesting part of america

I genuinely don't believe you've ever been in a waffle house because 100% of the people in there have no interest in interacting with your dumb rear end, eat your hashbrowns and go.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ok so i've lost track - does referring to a cheap diner as an "ecological niche" make me in touch or out of touch

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I genuinely don't believe you've ever been in a waffle house because 100% of the people in there have no interest in interacting with your dumb rear end, eat your hashbrowns and go.

lmao tatertots goulash strikes again with some dumb bullshit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
just to make it clear:

"Waffle House is probably my favorite cheap and lovely diner food chain that I know is always consistent and decent at least" = totally normal statement

"going to waffle house is some kinda badge of honor that proves my cred here because it's so much more...." = the most sheltered thing

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I def believe this dude hasn't been to a waffle house.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i am genuinely laughing my rear end off at the last few pages of wafflehouse dialectic, gratz all

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Tatum Girlparts posted:

just to make it clear:

"Waffle House is probably my favorite cheap and lovely diner food chain that I know is always consistent and decent at least" = totally normal statement

"going to waffle house is some kinda badge of honor that proves my cred here because it's so much more...." = the most sheltered thing

No one is saying going to waffle House is a merit badge, they're just mocking you for not understanding it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ace of Baes posted:

No one is saying going to waffle House is a merit badge, they're just mocking you for not understanding it.

waffle house is this thread's hamilton there I said it

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Ace of Baes posted:

I def believe this dude hasn't been to a waffle house.

Actually he probably has been to a waffle House at like 4pm but never after drinking with friends. (Because he didn't have any)

Serf
May 5, 2011

The party of the working class ought to be familiar with the restaurant of the working class

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
why yall stillllll falllllllling forrrrrr itttttttttt

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Serf posted:

The party of the working class ought to be familiar with the restaurant of the working class

Taco Bell and Churches Chicken?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al! posted:

i am genuinely laughing my rear end off at the last few pages of wafflehouse dialectic, gratz all

Cspam: The Waffle House Dialectic

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

Taco Bell and Churches Chicken?

Also important eating establishments

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

anime was right posted:

He's like a training dummy in a video game with infinite HP but does no damage that you can practice your sick combos on.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
(slams pocket copy of kapital on podium) gentlemen! gentlemen! can we not at least agree that because they are honorable bastions of the proletariat, we must honor their place in the revolution???

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
when i grew up my dad would take me to the diner and he'd just order a coffee and toast. it cost like 2 bucks but the toast was always pretty good and we'd just chill there for four hours while he read the paper and i played gameboy, because there was nothing else he could afford. now i eat diner toast not because its particularly good but because i grew up in a lovely envornment where that was considered ritzy and exciting for my dad who was an assistant manager at a completely different diner.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Serf posted:

oh lord

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If you didn't keep slurpee cups in the cupboard to use as normal cups growing up you ain't poo poo.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ace of Baes posted:

If you didn't keep slurpee cups in the cupboard to use as normal cups growing up you ain't poo poo.

hell yea

Serf
May 5, 2011

poo poo man growing up we didn't get a Waffle House until I was 10. Before that we had the Huddle House.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ace of Baes posted:

people who throw away slurpee cups are loving animals

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
When you were growing up you ate worms for fun, when I grew up I ate worms because I had to.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Fuckin' Mohnk Mountain House only has one rosé and it's WHITE ZINFANDEL the gently caress kind of place is this

They charge you 25 bucks for TV
PER NIGHT

Serf
May 5, 2011

Huddle House ruled by the way. It closed down when I went to college and this town has never been the same since.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The threshold for working class is having an old rear end video game system growing up and having to buy games from used game shops because your systems games weren't on the shelves.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKZf-X3gII&hd=1

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

just to make it clear:

This whole thing started with cc saying "no one should go to waffle house" and you jumped in on his side and now we're here.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Bushiz posted:

This whole thing started with cc saying "no one should go to waffle house" and you jumped in on his side and now we're here.

well i guess i wasn't aware that not liking waffle house was just a symptom of my latent neoliberalism. i will try to be more class conscious in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
well im motherfucking craving waffles now

• Locked thread