Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

chiasaur11 posted:

It should randomly change to Mr. Satan from time to time, and when it does, everyone should talk about how he's the real savior of history, and how excited they were to see it happen.

I am 100% behind a mod that replaces all the Capsule Corp branding with Mr. Satan's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

I am 100% behind a mod that replaces all the Capsule Corp branding with Mr. Satan's face.

Never knew I wanted this so bad

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Fusions chat - is there anything you can do to increase the likelihood of recruiting dudes or is it all random? I can't remember the last time I landed anyone useful. I snagged SSJ4 Goku, but not Vegeta.. Got Zarbon but not Frieza.. SSJ Goku got away. It's frustrating, you work to open rifts and it might be nothing at all.

Also, once you've beaten the game and are just in free-roam doing the new side quests that pop up, is there any challenge left? I feel like I'm just beasting dudes left and right looking for people to fill in my army. Some how I've run into SSJ4 and SSG variants of Goku and Vegeta but have yet to actually find their base models that I can use to fuse with anyone useful.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
How many chickens do I have to sacrifice to get into the god damned multiplayer lobby :argh:

I wanted to try joining a raid :(

Edit: Additionally, are some of the elder kai training missions just bugged? The one that asks me to stamina break > knockback > beam super causes my teacher to start congratulating me and then takes away the UI and now I'm just in limbo futilely doing the same thing over and over to try to knock it loose.

Chachi fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 30, 2016

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
A lot of those missions are loving bullshit, frankly. Timing windows and other poo poo is just inconsistent or requiring almost supernatural response time.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
So the Online Parallel quests are basically unplayable between me and a friend on Xenoverse 2. Is multi broken, or should i be looking into forwarding ports?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
I honestly haven't had an issue aside from the irritating way you have to set up friends and then the potential for your favorites list to be wiped at random. That sucks, I can no longer gift the dumb poo poo who complained about spamming in PVE the 'Get lost before I send you flying' z-souls. :argh:

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Syrant posted:

I honestly haven't had an issue aside from the irritating way you have to set up friends and then the potential for your favorites list to be wiped at random. That sucks, I can no longer gift the dumb poo poo who complained about spamming in PVE the 'Get lost before I send you flying' z-souls. :argh:

I had a favorites list with about 50 player characters named Goku and it got deleted. That list was one of my favorite things about the game and they ruined it.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
I can't figure out why I'm getting lower grades in story and pq missions despite getting the same sorts of scores. I don't know what I'm doing different from my Namek, or male Saiyan but it's something different.

Also is there ANY loving way to remove the QQBangs I have sold that like to just hang out in my invetory? That's loving nuts if you experiment making them often. Just making GBS threads up my menu like key items I have zero of.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 11, 2017

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
And does anyone know what the space ship parts are for in the Saiyaman mission? I guess it's just there for nonsense but I'm curious what the hell it might have been related to. Maybe something got cut...?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Syrant posted:

And does anyone know what the space ship parts are for in the Saiyaman mission? I guess it's just there for nonsense but I'm curious what the hell it might have been related to. Maybe something got cut...?

Jaco is only playing along with the Saiyanman bit because his ship is broken and the parts are somewhere on earth.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
They're a secondary objective. No more, no less.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Has anyone else found the ai gets god drat insane in the latish parts of Xenoverse 2? Even the low level guys like Appule seem like they have now got perfect timing for everything. I can't get a decent combo going at all any more because the enemy just does vanishes (or just guards), and they always seem to be able to do more than me, so I end up getting batted around with 0 stamina. The worst part is ultimates though, it's been a while since I've managed to actually land a hit with one. If the enemy is too close I get guard broken out of it without fail, too far away I just miss. Mid range I'll miss and then get guard broken. I'm just not enjoying the game at all any more which is a shame since I was having a blast up until now. I didn't have this issue in XV1, so I'm wondering if something's different or if I'm just slowing down in my old age?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
The key to connecting with ranged ults on the high end of AI is using a knock-away string, coincidentally this is also the best move for charging a bar or two of ki or using Rise To Action. There's then the question of how hard you go into stamina. Too much and getting your stamina broken is a giant fist up your rear end but too little leaves you constantly without ability to vanish or use an escape ability. So you have to play with that a bit.

If you're going to use an ult against end-game AI you have just got to knock them away and bang it out ASAP. Keep an eye on the enemy stamina meter, if they have three bars of stamina they can break out of that ult (It doesn't seem to happen too frequently for me). I honestly four capsules into battle: Regen L, All-Regen L, Energy L, All-Regen M. You can buy all of those eventually so keeping yourself stocked isn't too hard but don't be afraid to pop a regen capsule before getting into a scrap. The higher the size the longer and stronger it is. You don't get penalized for using them (and, if you keep yourself above 80% that's bonus points toward your Z-rank).

Ults that bang out quick are like x4 Kaioken Kamehameha (don't forget to hit the button again to burn it longer at the cost of being immobilized for a few seconds after, use discretion). It doesn't do a shitload of damage but it goes off super quick. I have honestly found Special Beam Cannon connecting in my ki-blaster pattern of going through a full string to knock them away and immediately firing it. They seem to 'pop up' above it but usually fall back down into it and take the damage (I use this a lot on SSGSS Vegeta) but YMMV.

Plain supers for ki-attacks that fire out quick are Earth-Splitting Galick Gun (200 ki), Dodoria's headbutt (range might be too short but you can also just slam it into the middle of a combo string), Double Sunday? One of Raditz' moves fires quick but also has a range issue. I use GBC and Die Die Missile Barrage for supers with (of course) max charge and rise to action. Ults are SBC and usually whatever I'm feeling like loving around with. Although Super Nova Cooler isn't something to flinch at, decent tracking but a lot of ki.

For strike characters I used Super Mad Dance (strikes more times if transformed) and 18's kick-barrage thing I can't remember the name of at the moment. Ult is Justice Rush and x4 Kamehameha although there is an attack in the TP shop right now that is strike based and not too hard to connect and it's pretty entertaining. Also if you can get it consider the strike-based evasive shout ability that gives you a bar of ki if you think the trade-off works for you.

I have a bad habit of vanishing too much, instinctively when I get hit and it can lead to that chain where you vanish and get smacked and then vanish and get smacked but I also like to vanish and hold down guard and go for a throw. That can put distance between you and do some damage. You have to get the hang of back-attacking, I still do meh with it but it helps a lot to punish their burning up stamina. Also depending on your race and gender your launcher/knock away combos can be quick or annoying to pull off. I really don't like the Namek combo strings. I know the male saiyan combo strings well, female not so much, Icer has some pretty good strong attacks for throwing in strike moves.

I have gone on too long but hopefully some of that is useful. I know the AI was frustrating me (and it still can) but I think if you just pop those regen capsules when you can (this can involve mashing A until you recover from knock down/back and then left on the d-pad and immediately mashing a button to pop an item) but be aware that if the item menu is open you can't do anything, even recover, so you have to close it to get on your feet again and then hope you can bang it out. Best results come from knock-back.

Edit: gently caress, I meant Earth-Splitting Galick Gun instead of Galick Beam Cannon.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 23, 2017

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

If you're fighting boss characters that dodge attacks all the time, bring Destructo Disc. They can't block it and it tracks really well.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

After yesterday's Dragon Ball Super news, who's hoping for a Legendary Super Saiyan transformation in an upcoming DLC?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Worth noting SBC also cannot be blocked. At least not entirely. I haven't had a way to test if it just cuts through like 50% of their guard or something instead of 100%.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Whoo, for once I was not at work for a Frieza Siege Event. Managed to snack a couple of the Meta Cooler Track Suits

Never even got a Golden Frieza to fight to try and get the gold sets.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

-Fish- posted:

After yesterday's Dragon Ball Super news, who's hoping for a Legendary Super Saiyan transformation in an upcoming DLC?

I have a feeling the last 2 packs in XV2 are going to be related to the Future Trunks arc, if the first 2 are anything to go by. By the sheer amount of characters appearing in the Universe Survival saga we'll either have to pray for them to do DLC beyond the Season Pass or wait till XV3.....

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I wonder if that new Human transformation Krillin did is going to show up in DLC or wait until XV3.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

I wonder if that new Human transformation Krillin did is going to show up in DLC or wait until XV3.

it's practically and visibly indistinguishable from potential unleashed

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

True, but on the other hand, we have like, ten different Super Saiyan transformations. So I doubt being visually identical is going to stop them. :v:

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Cease to Hope posted:

It's really not though?
Krillin's aura with his new form is pale gold, like the auras Goku and Vegeta have in their base state after they unlock Super Saiyan Blue, is contoured to his body, and is fairly flush. The aura flares out a bit around his fists when charged.
Potential Unleashed has an enormous, bright white aura.
Hair color staying the same color doesn't make the forms visibly indistinguishable.
Furthermore we know jack poo poo about this new power-up. It might be God Ki. Might be something else. Might have stamina issues like Golden Form does in canon. Might do nothing except give Krillin fifteen dicks. It's only had a few seconds of screen-time and hasn't been talked about at all.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Let's be real here. No matter what it does it will be exactly enough to let Krillin keep pace with the current baddies underlings and stall for Goku for an episode or two.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So is xenoverse 2 a good game that will tide me until the switch comes out
I grew up with dragon ball and would do anything to have the latin american dub as an option

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Xenoverse 2 is a very very fun game that you will have a lot of fun with.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Calaveron posted:

So is xenoverse 2 a good game that will tide me until the switch comes out
I grew up with dragon ball and would do anything to have the latin american dub as an option

I'd say so. There is plenty to do and it is a visually satisfying game. If you played XV1 the story is going to feel very rehashed but otherwise it's fun

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Great Beer posted:

Let's be real here. No matter what it does it will be exactly enough to let Krillin keep pace with the current baddies underlings and stall for Goku for an episode or two.

The next arc is a tournament arc so there's a pretty real chance Krillin will actually win a fight.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The next arc is a tournament arc so there's a pretty real chance Krillin will actually win a fight.

Maybe they'll do something crazy and make him legit strong again. Tho I like that they actually addressed his creeping cowardice that had started way back during Frieza saga.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Beat idea I've seen is that the tournament is Dark Tournament style, where everyone is matched, and the teams with the most wins overall move on. So you could have rounds where Goku ties or loses or whatever and Vegeta gets clowned on as usual, but Roshi and Tien win their fights so the team advances.

That way you could give everyone good fights without having to worry about the issue of Hit just making GBS threads all over every single other combatent like he would because he's the best

also Xeno 2 owns

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.dragonball-videogames.com/en/new-content-coming-to-dragon-ball-fusions-on-release/

Dragonball Fusions' free DLC is coming on Feb 17th. Will be day 1 DLC for the EU release of the game.

This includes:

- Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super)
- Super Saiyan Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super)
- Goku Black
- Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black
- Super Saiyan Blue Vegito
- Zamasu
- Fused Zamasu

As well as new fusions:

- Future Trunks (DBS)/Kid Trunks
- SSR Goku Black/Broly
- Zamasu/Kid Goku

And all the new outfits and attacks those characters bring with them of course. Black Kamehameha, Light Sword, Divine Wrath, etc

In Japan these updates also included online multiplayer and online missions but it's not clear if we're getting those features internationally. They're not mentioned in the announcement. Would suck if we didn't get them.

If this update adds the QR Code Reader function, which it hopefully will, then we might also get access to the QR Code fusion characters:

- Future Gohanks (future trunks/future gohan)
- Gorus (Goku/Beerus)
- Taks (future Trunks/Tapion)
- Great Satanman (Saiyaman/Hercule)

But the QR code thing is just me speculating. I hope we get it but I'm not sure we will.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 4, 2017

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Picked XV2 up again after a while, there's some woman up by roshi's place looking for a specific pose (something about Friday or Weekend) but I don't know what she's looking for and I don't have any Raditz poses. Am I missing something?

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

Picked XV2 up again after a while, there's some woman up by roshi's place looking for a specific pose (something about Friday or Weekend) but I don't know what she's looking for and I don't have any Raditz poses. Am I missing something?

It's not a pose, you have to talk to her on a Friday.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
There's a Beerus event this weekend in XV2 to promote the upcoming Beerus/Champa DLC.

https://twitter.com/bandainamcous/status/827244817323225088

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

There's a Beerus event this weekend in XV2 to promote the upcoming Beerus/Champa DLC.

https://twitter.com/bandainamcous/status/827244817323225088

That looks pretty sweet.

If only more people played on PC, I wanna fight people. Someone fight me, goddamnit.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Do I wanna keep or sell hercule badges

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Do I wanna keep or sell hercule badges

Sell. That's what they're for.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

Sell. That's what they're for.

I figured. Them being categorized under mixing items threw me off but a legendary badge funded a kaioken x4 kame hame ha

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why do I want the seven dragon balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Why do I want the seven dragon balls

You can make a wish when you have them.

• Locked thread