Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

i'd like to point out that everyone in SAS was correct and not hyperbolic at all in their predictions of how fuckin cool giannis is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yooo Woj hit that dude with the Ether.

https://twitter.com/TheVertical/status/814598231732654080

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

tanglewood1420 posted:

I said in the summer, and lots of other people too probably, that he'd be a great fit in Philly. They can take on his salary and give Miami a pick or two with protections for him. He would be an ideal point guard to run the offense for their young team, plus is a good enough shooter and cutter to play off-ball when Simmons runs the point.

It's just a shame they have Whiteside so the Sixers can't dump Okafor or Noel on them.

I do think it would be an interesting experiment to see if Miami could get Okafor to play defense. It's a shame the Sixers can't loan him out to the Heat for a year or two like in soccer.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Woj opinion pieces sound so much better as a diss track. Just get a real rapper to re-write the prose and do the stuff and throw that poo poo on soundcloud

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

tanglewood1420 posted:

They aren't great but there are worse announcing crews imo.

The Heat should definitely be in contention for worst crew in the league. Their play-by-play guy isn't really bad, though his ultra-nasal voice makes him sound like a cartoon character. But their color guy,. Tony Fiorentino, is absolutely horrible. He's repetitive, never offers an interesting insight, has some kind of horrible New York/North Jersey palooka accent, and stumbles over words constantly. He prefers to start sentences with a pronoun and clarify the subject at the close of the sentence with a "that is", eg: He's absolutely poo poo, Tony Fiorentio that is. <-- this is his standard sentence structure.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

has woj done more of those because whoo baby, the combination of that tone and the memorial-like photo slideshow made that feel like some Serious poo poo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

You gotta know if you go after the Blazers their lead PR guy is gonna fire back.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Rick posted:

You gotta know if you go after the Blazers their lead PR guy is gonna fire back.

lol

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I wonder how much money that gets you

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Abel Wingnut posted:

so i'm just starting to get into the nba. this embiid guy seems like one of the coolest guys in sports, no?

He's basically the best thing to happen in sports in my entire life.

Frankly, Rihanna isn't good enough for him.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 30, 2016

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

The Heat should definitely be in contention for worst crew in the league. Their play-by-play guy isn't really bad, though his ultra-nasal voice makes him sound like a cartoon character. But their color guy,. Tony Fiorentino, is absolutely horrible. He's repetitive, never offers an interesting insight, has some kind of horrible New York/North Jersey palooka accent, and stumbles over words constantly. He prefers to start sentences with a pronoun and clarify the subject at the close of the sentence with a "that is", eg: He's absolutely poo poo, Tony Fiorentio that is. <-- this is his standard sentence structure.

I don't think I've ever heard the Heat local casters but I really dislike their PA guy and the "Twooooo minutes! Dos!" thing he does every single time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

chunkles posted:

I can't imagine the basketball coaching section is a hotbed of sales.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

Stockton threads some needles in there but almost every team doubles him after the screen and leaves Malone open so it's the same pass over and over. Malone shot pretty well in the pick and pop too iirc (obviously he does in this highlight video but I think it carried generally), one wonders if he would have developed three point range if he played now. He could certainly finish through contact but drat those defenses give him a lot of space and time to set up after the pass. Their only strategy seems to have been fouling him after he went up, just awful.

Yeah. If they didn't run this as often as their rep suggests they ought to have, no one knew how to defend it and some of the right way to do it were illegal. Watching Rodman's face as he realizes he's frozen out in between them and Kerr died of a screen is almost sad.

Yeah the fact that every time, both defenders seem to forget Malone exists and soon as the pick happens is the most baffling thing. Of the ones I watched, that one Rodman play was like the only time the defending big moved towards Malone before he went up. There was another one where David Robinson realizes he completely lost his man but couldn't reverse his momentum before it was too late.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

chunkles posted:

Now he can claim to be a "winner." Which along with being a clueless angry old white shithead should get him a cabinet level position in the Trump administration.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dexo posted:

I can't imagine the basketball coaching section is a hotbed of sales.

It's like #5,000 paid on Kindle which can't be too bad, but then I doubt it's more than he would get by loving around and doing a couple ESPN games a year, or just writing a non-incendiary book

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

He probably got like a 50k advance and might make 100k over the life of the book if it sells well. I suppose if you're dying you might as well burn every bridge so your family can have a few more dollars

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don't think money has anything to do with it, he is just an obnoxious person.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/treyzingis/status/814657627825336324

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

^efb

https://twitter.com/WillManso/status/814655648851968000

Welp

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

I feel kinda bad for Kemba since he's probably fighting for an all star spot right now and that's not gonna help his case.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Nah that rules

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Swaggy's was funnier because it wasn't a weird bounce or anything, it was just a missed shot.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/814659555883909120

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

Swaggy's was funnier because it wasn't a weird bounce or anything, it was just a missed shot.

It was if you watch the video

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So is the Marco Bellineli trade suddenly good? I looked at his stats this year, and he's been an ace 3 point shooter on a roster that needed one badly.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao

kemba, no

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

lmao

I feel kinda bad for Kemba since he's probably fighting for an all star spot right now and that's not gonna help his case.

I feel like he has to get in there on stats alone, right? I mean he's carrying this team right now

also there's the extra corny walker texas ranger videos they're putting out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHx195pHlGE

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Tae posted:

So is the Marco Bellineli trade suddenly good? I looked at his stats this year, and he's been an ace 3 point shooter on a roster that needed one badly.

I'm sure one of the dudes taken after Charlotte's pick will end up being worth more than two years of Marco but yeah, it's panned out well in the short term. Bench really needed a scoring punch with no Lin, Lee or Jefferson and he's been doing well. Still not a great defender but what are you going to do

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

I feel like he has to get in there on stats alone, right? I mean he's carrying this team right now

also there's the extra corny walker texas ranger videos they're putting out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHx195pHlGE

I love everything about this

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kemba has a poo poo ton of competition in the East, because there's like 5 good PGs and the wild cards of Wade and Rose who might take it on bullshit popular votes. Lowry is probably a lock for the starting spot, but then you have Irving, Wall, Isaiah Thomas, etc. Also keep in mind at least 1 guard spot is being taken by DeRozan as well.

Now if Kemba could bullshit his way into being a Forward.....

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

IT and Kemba is kind of a crapshoot, whichever team has the better record at the break probably gets it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i sincerely hope anyone considering voting derrick rose for the all-star game looks deep into his or her heart, looks at what derrick rose stands for, and determines whether or not he is back

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

i sincerely hope anyone considering voting derrick rose for the all-star game looks deep into his or her heart, looks at what derrick rose stands for, and determines whether or not he is back

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

chunkles posted:

Rockets road games are fine now. Craig Ackerman is a good callermans, and without Bill around to egg him on, Air Bullard is OK aside from trying to show off that he understands charge rules every time that happens.

e: Also Calvin Murphy is underrated because nobody watches the local channel, but he does not hesitate to poo poo all over the Rockets when they play poorly

Matt Thomas was extremely bad on the radio to start the season but seems to have improved

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lowry doesn't even play in the United States, Kyrie requires a non all star level of white women gently caress boats, John wall is getting carried by his justifiably paid Batman Bradley Neal, and Isiah Thomas is too small and stole his name from another star PG.

boom, Kemba #1 pg in the east

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Kemba is actually probably the best PG in the east this season but he only started being the best this very season and it's fan voting and he plays on Charlotte so he might get in on coach vote but not fan vote probably

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Kemba is actually probably the best PG in the east this season but he only started being the best this very season and it's fan voting and he plays on Charlotte so he might get in on coach vote but not fan vote probably

Kemba Walker is not better than Kyle Lowry.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kyle Lowry plays in canada, all his stats are artificially inflated by the free healthcare

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Better quality, because it needs to be here for posterity

https://twitter.com/shaqtin/status/814679742578360320

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lowry is better than Kemba but super saiyan Kemba is one of the funnest players to watch therefore get Kemba in the allstar game

• Locked thread